How does it feel to go abroad for the first time? | Teen Ink

How does it feel to go abroad for the first time?

By Coolio2k11 SILVER, Ulaanbaatar, Other
Coolio2k11 SILVER, Ulaanbaatar, Other

I want to make every person i meet in my life happy.

Whenever I was at home in my bedroom with my two little brothers I always wondered and looked at the map of the world. Imagining how vast and amazing the world must be. Soon it hit me that I haven’t seen any parts of the world. So in the summer of 2008 we talked with our parents and we all agreed that we’ll see a part of the world. Thus I write to you in this essay of what I’ve seen and experienced out there.

It was raining outside when I was packing my bags, and my mom told us to hurry up or we’ll be late for our flight. We were going to Beijing. My youngest brother was pumped with energy and on the verge to explode. We got on the plain and took off right on time. And not to mention this was the first time ever me and my little brothers were flying. The flight attendants were very kind and served us cold drinks and peanuts. And I wondered what will greet us when we exit the airport because it was the year of the Olympics and Beijing was chosen as host of that year. But I noticed something as we were half way to Beijing. That it was just too quiet and boring. Just the thought of this silence for another 2 hour was crazy. But I had my headphones with me so I managed. But I can’t say the same for my brothers and my parents.
We finally arrived in Beijing as I watched the plane land on the landing strip. I woke up my brothers telling them we are here. And we embarked our way into Beijing, the capital of China. Some friends of our parents picked us up at the airport. The couple greeted us and said “It’s VERY, very crowded outside so watch over your belongings closely.” I couldn’t blame them for telling us even though we knew. The streets were packed with tourists, salesmen and merchants so it was obvious pickpockets and thieves were among them. The kind couple dropped us off at the hotel and told us that they will come pick us up tomorrow for the sightseeing. And what a day it was.
First we did a lot of shopping. I bought bunch of souvenirs and my mom bought t-shirts with the Olympic signs for everyone. Dad was just enjoying the view so he wasn’t interested in shopping at all. To my little brothers almost everything they were seeing was something new. And not to mention the Disney Land theme park we visited. Oh I will never forget my first ever rollercoaster ride. So exciting and heart pumping I just loved it. Loved it so much I went almost only on that ride the whole time. My mom and dad were glad that we were having so much fun. After that we saw the stadium “Birds nest”. It was breathtaking when you look at it from close up. And the water “Cube” looked cool too, all plastic and stuff.
After that it was just kick back and relaxation time. During that time I tried to study and understand their culture. The people there were almost fed up with the tourists. But much more excited about the Olympics. The food there was great. I loved the grilled chicken and the seafood was awesome. Nothing more worth mentioning happened there I guess.
Well that wraps it all up. And to answer the question from earlier I’d say it felt amazing. It made me want to go out and venture more with my family. There are so many things that I just have to see in this world. The world has so much to offer and I just can’t take it all in. And I will sooner or later.

Well just made the whole thing up.