Favorite Quote | Teen Ink

Favorite Quote

April 4, 2013
By KallieN SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
KallieN SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."


“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.” is one of my favorite quotes. The quote was said by Kurt Cobain.

I like this quote because it teaches me to be myself and to not care what people think. The quote tells me not to change who you are. Don’t ever let haters ruin who you are. Ever!

The meaning behind this quote is to tell people to be who you want to be even if people around hate it. Don’t listen to people who want to change you, if they want to change you then their not real friends. Don’t give in and be who they're telling you to be just so they like you or even love you. Don’t let peoples hate get to you!

If you listen to the band Nirvana then you should know who Kurt Cobain is. if you don’t then I will tell you. Kurt Cobain was the lead singer for the band Nirvana. I’m about 80% sure he did drugs and was an alcoholic. I’m not totally sure. He shot himself April 5th, 1994. He was 27 years old. Even though he isn’t here anymore his music is still popular today.

Those are some reasons why that's my favorite quote. “I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.” is my favorite quote.


The author's comments:
I wrote this for an assignment but I live by the quote that is stated in my work.