John McCain for President | Teen Ink

John McCain for President MAG

Republican candidate John McCain has experience in our nation’s government. His views on border security and the environment make him well suited for the nation’s soon-to-be vacant spot in the White House.

McCain shows great leadership and involvement in the nation’s welfare. He graduated from the United States Naval Academy and was a naval aviator for 22 years. He survived his first near-death experience in July 1967, as he was preparing to take off on a bombing mission during the Vietnam War. A rocket from a nearby plane struck and exploded the fuel tanks of McCain’s plane. McCain was given the option to go home with an honorable discharge, but he refused and volunteered for another five and half years. This act of courage shows McCain’s perseverance, strength, and determination to serve his country.

During McCain’s twenty-third bombing mission in Vietnam, he was shot down. Fortunately, he survived, but he became a prisoner of war for years at the “Hanoi Hilton” prison camp. After his release, ­McCain demonstrated once again his tenacious love for his country, continuing his career as a naval aviator. McCain retired from the Navy in 1981 with the Silver Star, Bronze Star, Legion of Merit, Purple Heart, and the Distinguished Flying Cross honors.

In 1982, McCain was elected to the House of Representatives from Arizona. He promoted strengthening the armed forces, reforming government, and eliminating unnecessary federal spending. Then, in 1986, he was elected to the U.S. Senate and has served continuously since.

McCain has experience close to the presidential ­position, making him an ideal next president of the United States. His campaign slogan speaks for itself: “Ready From Day One.” His experience in the armed forces and involvement in Congress give McCain significant advantages over other candidates.

McCain holds firm to his desire to secure the ­borders, and provides an effective plan for doing this. Illegal immigrants flood into the nation, costing millions of taxpayer dollars. McCain has devised a plan to tighten security at our borders. By doing this, McCain believes that the U.S. will be able to address immigration problems more effectively. McCain recognizes the importance of building strong allies with Latin America and assimilating our immigrant population, having them learn U.S. history and English.

McCain will also lead the way to a cleaner, greener environment. As a leader in preventing global warming, he vows to ensure cleaner air and water. McCain also believes that conserving U.S. resources will boost the nation’s economy. In addition, he would promote global participation in reducing greenhouse gases. McCain would like to reduce carbon emissions by harnessing market forces, promoting alternative energy, and reducing dependence on foreign fuel. McCain will create a presidential legacy by promoting the conservation of our environment.

John McCain is the best candidate in the 2008 ­election because his experience outweighs that of ­other candidates. ­McCain has devised two necessary plans that would directly help U.S. citizens and further the ­nation as a world power by setting a positive example for other countries.

Error BRONZE said...
Error BRONZE, Plano, Texas

The full text of my comment was:

"GOBOMA!

lolz"

I have no idea how you interpreted that as support for McCain.

on Oct. 9 2010 at 10:39 am
joecool101 PLATINUM, Brighton, Massachusetts

Think once and nothing will happen; think again and ideas will flow to your mind.

- Joshua Eibelman

I totally agree! Mccain was MUCH better than President Obama

Error BRONZE said...
Error BRONZE, Plano, Texas

I actually never heard obama saying the health care plan would "save us", as you put it. I seem to hear him talking more about fixing the health care industry. By the way, the congressional budget office concluded early in the health care fiasco that it will actually save 100 million dollars of federal money.

Just take a moment to find out what was actually in the bill, please. It's boring. Really boring. All the health care hype is just that: hype.

Try again.

Randomize14 SILVER, Park City, Utah
Thank you zeppelin4ever, i am too young to vote too. My senario is exactly the same, ive been called racist and have been yelled at for being different! thank you!

Randomize14 SILVER, Park City, Utah
I love you conservative71196. Rush is one of the most interesting people to listen to. People who believe that obama has experience what are you thinking. This so called citizen has no field experience for 120 days, I personally think he knows nothing. Conservative71196 i think you are on to something and you Democrats do need to look at the facts!

Randomize14 SILVER, Park City, Utah

Bush did some bad things in his time but that doesn't mean that all republicans are bad or stupid. 

Long live republicans

Randomize14 SILVER, Park City, Utah
Ok,  id like to ask how the healthcare plan is going to save us. We as good tax payers are going to be paying for some lazy person who didn't want to go to collage and get a good paying job. They are not my  or your responsibility. This healthcare is going to cost us as citizens more money, than if we go on as we have. 

spiritualrevelationrevealspainandrevolution PLATINUM, Eugene, Oregon
jen920, thanks i agree with most of what you said, and to "the politicians son", yes thats extremely racist, look up how many black people are in our country, its almost impossible for someone to become president if less than 5o percent of the votters vote for that candidate

sexist?, listen i completely respect mccain but of your reffering to sarah palin, im sorry but shes tried to ban books, is truthfully not intelligent after looking at about 10 interviews and would be a disaster if she had gotten into office

Error BRONZE said...
Error BRONZE, Plano, Texas
it is the right opinion

Error BRONZE said...
Error BRONZE, Plano, Texas

I have two "ting" to say, schoolrocks. 

First the republican party is the only group capable of flipping votes.

The second is that if McCain had won, the country would have fallen into economic collapse almost immediately. McCain couldn't run the finances of an ice cream shop.

Error BRONZE said...
Error BRONZE, Plano, Texas

@the politicians son

How can you say Obama won mostly from the black vote, when he had 60% of the vote, and only 12% of the us population is black?

I just don't understand the logistics of that.

Error BRONZE said...
Error BRONZE, Plano, Texas
beat the odds? I don't call a double digit win beating the odds.

Error BRONZE said...
Error BRONZE, Plano, Texas
i don't like maccain either.

Error BRONZE said...
Error BRONZE, Plano, Texas

Can you actually prove a single lie he has told? I would love to see that.

Error BRONZE said...
Error BRONZE, Plano, Texas

Hi,

I have a few questions.

What about nationalizing health care would destroy the system?

How can you prove, less than two years after the stimulus was passed, that it is a failure?

Finally, why didn't you vote independent if you don't want either candidate? Or green party?

Thanks

conservative71196 BRONZE, Harrison City, Pennsylvania

"THE KBG WILL WAIT FOR NO ONE!! Its true." -The Office

"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil." Psalm 23

I'm sorry, but I can't take anyone seriously who calles someone else "kid" just to make their opinions and themselves seem superior, especially since you don't knowiff you are older than them.

Are those really facts?

Oh yeah. Hope and Change. How's that working out for you?

on Jul. 19 2010 at 3:02 am
Treefiddy BRONZE, Tarzana, California

I supported McCain 20 months ago, when the alternative was Obama. McCain is another big-government, spent-thrift Republic, much like his predecessor. I supported him because of Obama, the most radical-leftist to ever serve in the white house. McCain wouldn't have nationalized, and thus, destroyed our health care system, spent trillions of dollars on a failed "stimulus", and used such incendiary rhetoric towards the prospect of individualism, the profit incentive, and exaltation of the government.

I picked McCain because of the alternative.