A reason for living | Teen Ink

A reason for living

By Alive BRONZE, Winnetka, California
Alive BRONZE, Winnetka, California

2+2 = 4, I put sugar in my coffee and it tastes sweet, the sun comes up because the world turns. These things are beautiful to me. There are mysteries I will never understand but everywhere I look I see proof that for every effect there is the corresponding cause, even if I can’t see it… I find that reassuring.

I used to always think that I knew everything, that I was knowledgeable in all things. But what I have come to see is that I can’t know everything, no one can. We know things through experience, and how can we experience everything. We learn things through life, and we have to take things one step at time. Sure, some days may seem longer than others, but that’s just how life is. It has its ups and down, and sometimes things we never thought possible happen, but we have to go through these problems because the more challenges we overcome, the stronger we get. When we enter this world we don’t know what we were born to do, it is something we must find, something different for every person. No matter how small or hazy our dreams our, we all search for them, because we all have a purpose, a reason for living.