The Most Responsive to Change Will Survive | Teen Ink

The Most Responsive to Change Will Survive

By monkeyluv2 BRONZE, Commack, New York
monkeyluv2 BRONZE, Commack, New York

“It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change,” by Charles Darwin. This quotation means that the strongest and the smartest of the species will not survive, the part of the species that deals with change more easily would be the ones who survive. This quotation by Charles Darwin is true and is supported by both my own experiences and the story “Lamb to the Slaughter” by Roald Dahl.

The story “Lamb to the Slaughter” by Roald Dahl supports the quote said by Charles Darwin because in “Lamb to the Slaughter” Mary was unable to live with out her husband who wanted a divorce. Since Mary’s husband, Patrick, wanted a divorce she flipped out and killed her husband. Although Mary was the one who survived, she did not have a good response to change and her husband wound up dead because of it. If anything else were to happen that was catastrophic, Mary most likely would not be one of the people to survive. My own life experiences also validate the quotation by Charles Darwin.
My own experiences also support the quote because since my parents are divorced my little sister, Danielle, is used to seeing both of my parents on certain days during the week. When we do not get to see one of my parents, Danielle starts to become upset and she cries. She cries because she is so used to seeing both of our parents that she gets all worked up when something changes and she is unable to see them. Since Danielle does not have a good response to change, she would not be able to survive if something horrid were to happen either.

“It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” This quote said by Charles Darwin is supported by both Roald Dahl’s story, “Lamb to the Slaughter” and also to my own life experiences. The quote is supported by the story when Mary killed her husband when he wanted a divorce because she could not be with out him. The quote is also supported by my life experiences because of my little sister when she is unable to see one of our parents and she breaks down in tears. Therefore, the quote “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change,” by Charles Darwin, is valid.