Today I Think I Will... Create A Universe

Creation: It is such a simple word, with such a profound effect on the cosmos. The creation of the universe is a mystery. The creation of life is also a mystery, as well as a highly significant event around which lies a world of controversy. The most controversial issue around that topic is this question: are we alone in the universe?

The odds that the universe is absolutely devoid of all life besides that on Earth are highly improbable if thought of in this manner. Suppose the universe is endless, or suppose that there are an endless amount of universes (wait, what? Go look up M-Theory). We’re talking about infinity here. In theory it would not be possible to have an infinitely extending universe without also having life exist in its every possible configuration. In my opinion, an endless universe would even guarantee the existence of IDENTICAL replicas of our own planet, just due to the nature of infinity itself. Maybe some earths would have variations as well. Imagine an earth where the dinosaurs never went extinct, and the Allosaurus eventually evolved brains to become the dominant life form on the planet! The possibilities are truly endless. Look no further than your imagination to see what else could be conceivable.

This leads us to another intriguing question. Can our human population reach these other worlds? This is a tough one to answer. It is debatable whether we can, due to the immense distances involved. Even at light speed, it can take hundreds of years to reach a star. There must be another way to travel interstellar distances. What about using our brain power? Neuroscience is rapidly growing, yet there is still much to learn about the brain and its abilities. I believe our mind’s untapped power can open up new pathways to inter-dimensional travel. In fact, many people believe we already travel to other realms and dimensions in our dreams! I believe our minds can not only take us through to other dimensions, I believe they also contain the ultimate power of creation as well. I am saying that we can not only create soup recipes; or architectural blueprints; (which we obviously can) I am saying that we can bring whole universes into existence. I am saying that Tatooine exists, as well as Middle Earth. The mind is an extremely powerful entity, capable of reality-changing paradigms. Imagine if every single person on the planet believed that 2+2=6. Our whole math system would change! The real implication is this. I am saying that you, an intelligent human being, can tap into your imagination and create a unique universe with its own set of laws. Perhaps you will give your universe life as well, and create a customized system of interaction among that life. You do not have to be religious and believe in gods, or God, (depending on your faith). You only have to believe in yourself and the capabilities of your incredible mind in order to make a significant difference in the universe.

WishfulDoer said...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 2:18 am:
Written and spoken like a true writer. There was so much imagination and creativity just flowing from the article, but you also presented valid points and facts. I loved it, truly. 5by5. 

Hazel-daisy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 19, 2011 at 6:47 pm:
i think this is really well written and i like the way its told. I think that there is a lot of possiblities out there and maybe some day humans will discover them! anyway i really liked it so 5/5

Annie.C said...
Jul. 19, 2011 at 4:07 am:

Hmm... It's an interesting theory... I wouldn't say that I agree with it, but it's cool that you put it out there for us to think about... It was a really good essay... I could see persuasive tecniques in there, even if you didn't mean to put them in... like how you responded to the reader's questions, and so on... I also liked how   you put the part "gods, or God, (depending on your faith)" It showed that you didn't want to offend people. All in all, it's a really good essay...

... (more »)

WritingSpasms said...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 8:37 pm:
This is pretty good! The paragraphs could be spaced out a little more. Other than that, I can't think of anything else to point out. Fascinating theory you got there :)

CarrieAnn13 said...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 7:34 pm:
Interesting perspective.  You wrote a great article too.  I really have no criticisms other than your paragraphs are a bit long.  If you separate them a bit more, then it's easier to read.

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 5:17 pm:
I love the word choice in this. It's a very interesting concept, and you lay it out with a very unique tone of voice. I really enjoyed reading this. :)

ColorfulExpectations said...
Jul. 18, 2011 at 2:28 pm:
This was quite interesting. I loved it! It really made me think about what we consider "reality." Keep writing.

Philosophication This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 16, 2011 at 10:14 pm:
This article is absolutely brilliant. The thinking behind this is remarkable. Another theory of reality i think you may be interested in is the theory that everything you see is an illusion, a dream created by the mind. Everything you see is not real. Wihich leads to the thought, when we fall asleep, do we go into an Inception-like dream within a dream, or do we wake up, and see reality as it truely is? You would think that you can tell when your dreaming, and when your awake, but you really can... (more »)

StrangeJade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 12, 2011 at 1:12 pm:

Fascinating! Your theory seems to be closely intertwined with the Theory of Multiple Worlds, which states that every second, infinite universes are splitting off from your plane of existence. For example, in one such universe, I didn't misspell "universe" the first time I tried to type it.

As time progresses, these universes grow farther and farther apart, and the farther back chronologically a split occurred, the more basic and drastic the change between your world and the other ... (more »)

julian This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 12, 2011 at 7:16 pm :
That's a fascinating theory, and one that I totally agree with! I mean, it makes complete sense. Why should there be only one reality? To me that seems like such an unstable state for the universe(s) to be in. Having an infinite variety is stable in the fact that no matter what happens, there will always be infinite universes. Basically this ensures that the human race will never die out. And wouldn't it be cool if we could go to those alternate universes? Hopefully one that is a little more int... (more »)

AddieLynnLynn said...
Jul. 11, 2011 at 3:18 pm:
So true! I never thought about it that way, but I will now! I don't ever think I could look at the world the same again,(but in a good way!) Loved this! Can't wait to read more!

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/lib/php5/sess_0jhat6uhqjpb76digde2o0j307, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php5) in Unknown on line 0