Driving Age | Teen Ink

Driving Age

By GetNoMoney BRONZE, Newark, Delaware
GetNoMoney BRONZE, Newark, Delaware

almost doesnt count

The driving age should not be changed from 16 to 18 in the state of Delaware. The reason I think the driving age should remain at 16 is because you can be any age and still get the same experience as a 16 year old. Changing the age won’t really help anything because you are going to learn the same thing, just at a different age.

As you know, kids in high school oftentimes play sports or have after-school activities. Parents are expected to pick them up from school. With so many parents working, it can be difficult for parents to always be available to pick kids up or drop kids off. If the driving age stays the same than the kids would be able to drive themselves home and to and from various activities.

Aren’t your parents busy these days? And aren’t parents always too busy to drive you to your friends house? 16 year olds like to hang out with their friends. Going to the movies or to the mall would be much easier with a 16 year old having a driver’s license.

16 year olds are capable of driving well. They are expected to be responsible students and get good grades, and therefore should be permitted to drive. Driving is a privilege with rules. Kids respond well to rules. If kids drive carelessly, there will be consequences to their actions.

In conclusion, the driving age in the state of Delaware should remain the same as it’s been for centuries (age 16). I think you will agree that kids deserve the same treatment now as they did in the past. Driving at age 16 is the answer.

Davido said...
Wow I can definetly relate to this I love your essay

Alyssa_143 said...
So great essay! But we are teens now so when you right an essay dont say "in conclusion" just because we can tell when its your conclusion, i mean its your last body paragraph. But other than a few common mistakes< its really good.