Life Through Computer's Monitor | Teen Ink

Life Through Computer's Monitor

December 31, 2010
By GoldenEagle SILVER, Ahmedabad, Other
GoldenEagle SILVER, Ahmedabad, Other
8 articles 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
Those who joyfully leave everything in God's hand eventually find God's hand in everything.


We all work in front of this dumb electronic device- computer everyday but we overlook almost everything it tries to teach us about life. Yes, you read it right. The computer and its world is not dumb and insane in realtime according to me. The computer is no less than a sage, if you ask me. It has amassed wisdom about life and its stark chronicles which it bears within its hardware and software. All we don't do is taking that dumb machine seriously. In this writing of mine, I will be telling you something about life through computer's perspective.

Let me begin under different subtitles about the lessons that I infer from the Computer World.

Hardware:

Well a layman may not think anything special about computer's hardware. Even you might think of it just as an embedded system, then what has it got to do with life? But no, it certainly has. Initially the computer comes with fixed hardware- some RAM, definite Hard Disk, some graphics etc. To club all this in a nutshell, we call it computer's capacity or configuration. But then, as the time passes, your demands, your greed for multitasking increases. You want IE10, Windows Media Player 12, Photoshop CS5, Counterstrike CZERO running simultaneously & smoothly without any system crashes. But then, the computer's capacity doesn't cope up with your demands and expectation. So what you do is, increase the RAM, the Hard Disk, the graphics, and then you gradually get along with your expectations. Same fact the computer aspires to teach you.

As you don't get your expectations fulfilled without increasing computer's capacity, similarly, you cannot increase your productivity, your success, without increasing your capacity and capability. If you want success in 12th grade with hardwork of 10th grade level, its like running GTA 4 on Pentium 2 or Pentium 3 processor. Computer says, increase your capacity, success automatically becomes compatible to you.

Updates:

Every part of the computer, be it hardware or software applications needs timely updates. The case is more apt for the latter. Every software application comes bundled with an update script which find updates for it at regular intervals. To make the case simpler, take an example of Anti Virus Program. They check for updates almost daily. The reason being, the bugs in OS, new technology, new threats are inevitable. Hence to keep the system up to date, it updates itself. Imagine, you using an AntiVirus of 2007, will be any good for your PC in 2011? Certainly not.

Same is the case with your thinking and approach towards life. If you want to stand erect in the tough and turbulent whirlpools posed by world's challenges, you ought to adopt an approach relevant to that situation. Wisdom lies in complying with the need of the hour. If you don't walk with time and remain stubborn, having your approach towards life unaltered, the time and the world will leave you behind. To stay at par with world you will have to walk hand in hand with time and generation.

A very practical and real life example I can give you is - GENERATION GAP. If you ask me, there should be nothing like generation gap. Generation gap is a synonym of stubborn mindset. The elders who move with time don't face difficulties in getting along with younger generations, where as the ones who don't, call it VAST GENERATION GAP. Time won't ever change as per your fancy, it's you who has to bow in agreement against the commandment of time.

So keep your software updated. You will never be afflicted by virus and crashes.

YM (Yahoo Messenger) Yesterday, FB(Facebook) Today:


Just a few days back I was talking to one of my friend and we happened to talk about YM and FB. YM had been a vital medium in connecting people, helping them to stay in touch being even thousands of miles away. But then as we see today, YM's importance has decreased to almost negligible. It has dropped to such a drastic stratum that the Yahoo people have actually started advertising about it. Yahoo Messenger needs advertisements now ! Why ? FB and FB chat. People change their priority very easily in life. Yesterday they all used YM, but as soon as they found FB, and people talking about FB they stopped using YM just like dropping a hot brick from hand. Their priorities changed in wink of an eye. The YM, which was an indispensable part of their life till yesterday, couldn't find a place on their desktop today. Why? Their priority had changed. They had found something more profitable. Something same applies for life.

In the Web World its YM and FB. In realtime, its you and me. Today you're an integral part of somebody's life, that doesn't guarantee at all that you will hold the same level of prudence in his/her life tomorrow. Let's accept the undraped tangibility of life that priorities change in life and the majority falls an easy prey to this erroneous & ruthless practicality of life. With the advent of college life, I did notice such things happening with many. The so called friends remained friends for name sake. The “KEEP IN TOUCH” promises being violated. It was just that, their priorities had changed. They were investing their time and attention in their 4 year plans. Who's gonna be with me for the next 4 years- the college guys. So let's get along more with them. Old pals are a past now, forget the past and move in future, as people say. So God forbid, if you come across such circumstances, accept it with a big heart, because we're humans and all humans are prone to such gamble of life. It's a part of worldly practices.


Well there are a lot of things that you learn from this programmed device. Its dumb, yet it speaks a lot of things. The skill shall lie within your inner self to grasp it. We technocrats, think of this machine just as a medium to enhance the virtual world of IT, but I believe there is a hidden philosophical approach to it which the world is yet to explore. Enjoy computing !!!


The author's comments:
The computer is no less than a sage, if you ask me. It has amassed wisdom about life and its stark chronicles which it bears within its hardware and software. All we don't do is taking that dumb machine seriously. In this writing of mine, I will be telling you something about life through computer's perspective.