COVER UP! | Teen Ink

COVER UP!

By WrItEr2010 BRONZE, Durango, Colorado
WrItEr2010 BRONZE, Durango, Colorado

Walking down the halls at school, you see mini skirts, low-cut shirts and sagging pants.What happened to that whole dress code thing? Oh yeah, you just decided to ignore it. If you are going to ignore the rule that leaders set to keep us in line, well you just lost your privelege to wear the clothes you want. You might argue that letting kids wear what they want is a part of the first ammendment, which is true, but living in America you need to listen to authority, that's how order is kept. At my school, they had to talk to all the kids about keeping the school dress code, and I am SO glad that they did. Girls were wearing clothes that barely covered them. Boys had their back pockets all the way down to their knees. You constantly got flashed by bra straps and boxers. Guess what I wanted to say to them, COVER UP!!! Your body is a special, and you need to defile it. If you don't want to keep the school dress code, would it be okay if I decided to bring my pocket knife to school and show it to everyone? NO. It wouldn't. Rules are to keep us safe, both physically and emotionally. The way that kids were dressing at my school, it was very disturbing. I don't want to see your clevage, and if someone else did, that just goes to show how messed up the world is. It is super distracting to everyone to have kids that don't keep the dress code. And if they aren't, even more messed up. If you think about it, seeing someone's shoulder, you could see their bra straps, their whole side. It's disgusting. Too short of skirts means that others could see up your skirt and that's gross. Boys, please, even if you have a nice bottom, please keep it to yourself. Thanks. And girls, from a girl, I don't want to see your body. It's nasty. Everyone, please COVER UP!

My grade had a big controversy over the school dress code.

on Mar. 21 2016 at 10:27 am
BGIRL4LIFE BRONZE, Easley, South Carolina

"I WAS BORN TO MAKE MISTAKES, BUT NOT FAKE PERFECTION"-DRIZZY DRAKE

@WrItEr2010 I totally agree with you:) P.S. Keep up the good work

WrItEr2010 BRONZE, Durango, Colorado
correction: Your body is special, and you SHOULD'T to defile it.