Slice of Life- Pet Peeve | Teen Ink

Slice of Life- Pet Peeve

November 13, 2010
By cool5593 SILVER, Aurora, Colorado
cool5593 SILVER, Aurora, Colorado
8 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Live and Learn"
"What good is it when you've gained the world, but lose your soul"


Call 911, we’ve got a noisy eater!

When people are eating at the table calmly, you can enjoy your food much better, but then sloppy cousin Joe spoils the enjoyment, and it’s so disgusting.

Don’t you get annoyed of noisy eaters; I know I do. Although I have a few noisy eaters in my family, I still have this peeve on these type of people.

Since when did I develop this pet peeve; I have no idea, but it’s quite nerve attacking. The noises.

I can’t stand it.

I mean you just want to eat in peace and it is especially gross when, in one of their claps you see their food-chewed up in little chunks of broccoli mixed with meat chunks ready to be swallowed.

Just swallow it already!

Not only is seeing the food disgusting, but the sound is also annoying!

Munches and squishes of sounds coming from their mouth. Makes you want to be the hulk and pick up the table and throw it at the “cow chewer”.

Shut up! Eat in peace and shut your mouths. For crying out loud!


I wouldn’t stand to marry someone like this.You may think I am exaggerating, but I’m not, at least I think I’m not.

How do you become a “cow chewer”? Do you inherit it or is it just one bad disgusting habit that you get. Explain to me please.
Okay, I have a confession to make.


Maybe, I shouldn’t be so cruel, but it’s just annoying and....


Well, how embarrassing, but I shouldn’t be so peeved about cow chewers because once in a while I do it as well! He he.


The author's comments:
Well I'm an 8th grader taking 9th grade classes and so our writing assignment was to learn a new type of genre and we learned about slice of life writing, which are a type of writing that you write about based on one small (non-world related) part of your life.