Parking Meters = Life | Teen Ink

Parking Meters = Life

By paigebrun SILVER, Dayton, Ohio
paigebrun SILVER, Dayton, Ohio

One thing I've realized from my 16 years of living here on Earth is that time always runs out. Like with parking meters. You can keep putting change in the slot for another hour, but sooner or later you're going to run out of quarters. Your hour will become 30 minutes. 30 minutes will become 60 seconds. Next thing you know, you're time is up and your car is getting towed.
If you think about it for a minute, a parking meter is the perfect simile to life. What you put in to it, is really all you can expect to get out. And even if you put everything in to it.. time still ends up running out. So I guess what I'm trying to say is.. When you put your money into a parking meter, whether it be for an hour, 2 or even 100 years, make sure you spend your time amazingly. Whats the point in paying for a parking meter to sit on the couch and watch the time slowly pass by. I'm putting all my money into a parking meter and I'm spending my time not watching the time go by, but I'm gonna spend it happy. With the ones I love. Hopefully with you. Praying that my time wont run out.

It just came to me... A realization that I had. Nothing special.