Global Warming | Teen Ink

Global Warming

By justink BRONZE, Rockford, Michigan
justink BRONZE, Rockford, Michigan

“Global warming is too serious for the world any longer to ignore its danger or split into opposing factions on it.” Tony Blair

“The warnings about global warming have been extremely clear for a long time. We are facing a global climate crisis. It is deepening. We are entering a period of consequences.” Al Gore

That is indeed right, global warming is way too serious for the world to ignore any longer. The effects and consequences have been noticeable for a long while. Look at the Polar Bears and Polar Ice Caps for instance. The Polar Ice Caps have been melting and disappearing at an alarming rate according to scientists. In Greenland, glaciers are melting at a rate of 3 feet a year (source-http://articles.sfgate.com/2009-09-24/news/17204456_1_ice-climate-scientists).Now you may think, “That isn’t a lot” or “so what? Wont effect me!” Well, YOU’RE WRONG!!!!! At that rate, in 2020, they will have thinned by 30 feet! Raising the Ocean levels and speeding up Global Warming. Satellite imaging and scientist data have also shown how they are depleting at 9% a year (source-http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/news/topstory/2003/1023esuice.html). Now that doesn’t SOUND like a lot, but at that rate, by 2020, they will have depleted by 90% of whatever is left of them!!!!!!!!! Drastically raising Ocean water levels all over the world. We all think that Japan, China, and Indian are very densely populated, well imagine how dense the population would be if Japan was under water, the Japanese moved to China, and if part or most of China and India were under water? Now they won’t be the only ones affected, a lot of land will be lost ALL OVER the world, and a lot of people, will probably die. However, Global Warming is so bad that it can never be completely gone. HOWEVER!!- It can be slowed. Let’s all slow down Global Warming. A part we can’t do much, but together as one, we can achieve a lot. Change is possible!!!!! Together a team!!!!! World of one!!!!!! YES WE CAN!!!!!

These are today’s quotes.

Now let’s have tomorrows quotes be,
“WE took action and slowed this crisis!! CHANGE IS POSSIBLE IF YOU FOLLOW THROUGH AND SUCCEED!!!” Me (Justin Konsdorf)