Positive And Negative Change | Teen Ink

Positive And Negative Change

December 22, 2009
By Flowergoat SILVER, Pleasant Plain, Ohio
Flowergoat SILVER, Pleasant Plain, Ohio
9 articles 0 photos 14 comments

Change may be positive and negative. For example, negative change may seem all rotten but a lot of the time there are wonderful things in it.

To begin with, getting sick is negative but it is also positive. When people get sick it’s negative because they can not go anywhere they want to go. Instead they have to stay in bed. On the other hand it is positive because they get to watch TV instead of doing their wicked homework.

In addition to negative change, there is positive change. Positive change is when there is favorable change. For instance, growing is a positive change. Growing is positive because when children grow they can reach candy that was out of reach when they were an itsy-bitsy child. Also, children can get new clothes because they can’t fit into their tiny ones anymore. Growing can be negative though. Growing can be negative because kids can’t ride on their favorite rides at an amusement park because they are too big for them now.

Don't think that change is only positive or only negative, it can be both. Something that is both positive and negative is age. Age is positive because people are more mature and they don't have to hold their mother’s hand when they cross the street. It’s also negative because they have more responsibilities such as sorting the laundry, taking the trash up, and watching siblings.

Change may seem just positive or just negative, but in every positive change there is at least a little negative change, and in every negative change there is some positive change.

The author's comments:
You may think when good things happen to you your life is perfect but later some things come back to you in a negative way.