Coffee vs. Energy Drinks

The differences between sweet, and sour...that is if you're referring to an iced mocha and a Rockstar. Sweet yet energizing and sour yet heart stopping. Each one has at least one tasty flavor to it and yet they're both still incredibly unhealthy for you. Redbull may give you wings, but...they also may come with a side of high blood pressure! yeah! As you probably already know, both beverages contain large amounts of caffeine and sugar which in the long run are going to be bad for your health; yeah im talking a raise in blood pressure, weight gain, and some caffeine damage that can even cause a serious effect in bone density. If you crave your daily dosage of heart attack in a cup everyday just be sure to consume lots of calcium and maintain a neutritious diet to balance out the carbs and sugar intake. Calcium is known to help protect caffeine damage. Mmmm...vitamin C!

However; back to the competition. According to research, an 8 ounce energydrink compares to a 5 ounce cup of coffee. Energy drinks contain more sugar then coffee which I guess means it loses the weight gaining category...or wins, however you're looking at it. Coffee on the other hand has the same energy effect as an energy drink but has more calories and carbs, so either way you're gaining unwanted weight.

I guess in the end, despite the research and risks, it's you that decides how you want the energy, weather its from a caffinated beverage with too much sugar, or too many carbs, and even though its a very unatural way of obtaining energy its anyones lifestyle and you're no better just because you decide to eat a piece of cake or drink a can of “diet soda” instead.