I AM WHO I AM

So, i just have something that needs to be said....

Okay, life can suck and when self-absorbed Barbie clones tell you you're not perfect and point out your flaws, life gets harder. That's the way it is.

They whisper behind your back, and then tell you to your face that you're not them. Well, there are some things I think other people need to know.

I walk through the halls every day,weighing in at 115, average for an athlete. I wear my skinny jeans and vests while those skinny, long-legged, dress-wearin' cliques come up and laugh at my outfit and then tell me I'm big.

And this is what I say...."Congrats, psycho, you're a zero...but I'm about as hungry as you look so I'll go eat some pizza." I'm proud of my size-7 frame because it means I'm not like everyone else. I spend my time on the court, not on the scale.

You can call me fat and gross, I'm not gonna' care cause' I like who I am. I'm okay with it. I do have flaws...haha yeah, my eyes are uneven, I had braces for three years,my legs are a bit short. My thighs jiggle when I walk, I lack a butt, and I still drink Slurpies with a curly straw.

I don't own any lip gloss, I wear outrageous make up, I don't even know what concealer is. I buy $1.00 eyeliner at the drug store and I think black nail polish is the shiz. I laugh at inappropriate things, I eat burgers and fries more than anything. My knees are kinda' weird and my toes are the almost the same length.

So, if you're one of those girls who make other people feel crappy about themselves, I have one thing to say to you: kiss my unexistant butt!

ninja17 said...
Oooh burn!! hehe :) This made me laugh! I love reading your stuff! A lot of girls like that really need to shut up and look at themselves. You did a great job :)

scenesoccerqueen replied...
Jan. 12, 2012 at 6:21 am :
I can so relate! Im a soccer player and 155...though im only 5'1 i jus gotta know im who i am! what an encouraging poem!

scenesoccerqueen replied...
Jan. 12, 2012 at 6:21 am :
*115..not 155

chloe_garrett replied...
Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:28 pm :
scene! I love this poem and it describes the way I'm looked at and the way I look, dress, and think. I love you hun! btw my poetry still has not been accepted... :/ reply back to this comment.

RandomRanda said...
Oct. 18, 2011 at 8:44 am:
this has spoke to me! i try to say something positve bout me eveyday! its hard! i mean i go thro school everyday getting called names, getting made fun of! its really stupid how people can put people down! i mean wow i cant do it! this is great keep writing! you inspire me to write and stay alive one more day!

Dragonscribe said...
Jul. 7, 2011 at 10:36 pm:
This really made me laugh! And for the record, you totally don't sound fat. My whole middle school life I've been preoccupied with being shorter and skinnier than I am (five foot nine and about 140 pounds) but it's pointless to worry. Being fit does not mean being a stick. And I, too, don't know what concealer is. I don't wear makeup not because I don't care how I look but because I don't like spending that much time on my appearance - it's too much of a hassle. Thanks for posting this!

Bballgrrl said...
I AGREE ENTIRELY. IM AN ATHLETE ALSO. I PLAY TENNIS, BASKETBALL, SWIM, AND RUN. I WEIGH IN AROUND 105 AND IM FIVE FOOT. IM HAPPY WITH WHO I AM THOUGH. I WEAR DRESSES ONLY ON RARE OCCASSIONS. I HATE HOW PEOPLE ARE SO MEAN AND ACT LIKE YOU DONT MATER. I DO, I agree

xBaByGiRrL22xThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 15, 2010 at 9:54 pm:
haha i luvv this! this is so perfectly worded & <3 ur attitude! this is really good. ur a gr88 writer

poemprincess14 said...
that was worded perfectly and yeah i cant stand those girls because they dont really have anything to show but their perfect bodies and faces lol