E-mail | Teen Ink

E-mail

By ShaynaPhelps SILVER, Minneapolis, Minnesota
ShaynaPhelps SILVER, Minneapolis, Minnesota

A while ago I got an e-mail, I read through it and at first all I thought was I hate mail like this; it is really flippin’ annoying. I deleted it and went on with my life. Now nearly a year later I was looking through my saved mail and, amazingly found this e-mail. I thought I had deleted it, but there it was sitting there as if knowing that even though I was done with it, it wasn’t done with me. It was like a sign, I clicked on it and began to re-read the words long forgotten, what used to be meaningless blab, and as I read I began to feel this overwhelming feeling. A feeling I thought best would be for me to write down, so here I am fingers to keyboard writing my feelings. Before I get ahead of myself let me tell you exactly what was in my e-mail.

This was sent to me, obviously with a message that was blinded to me before.

Subject: FW: ALLAH OR JESUS CHRIST?
Good analogy.
Allah or Jesus Christ? ... By Rick Mathes

This is very interesting and more than a bit scary ...
but is it scary enough to generate something besides
talk? I'm afraid far too many Catholics, Protestants,
and Jews will wait until it hits them upside the head
on a very personal level before they will do something
besides talk about it. But by then it will be too
late.

The Muslim religion is the fastest growing religion
per capita in the United States, especially in the
minority races!!!

Last month I attended my annual training session
that's required for maintaining my state prison
security clearance. During the training session there
was a presentation by three speakers representing the
Roman Catholic, Protestant and Muslim faiths, who
explained each of their beliefs.

I was particularly interested in what the Islamic Imam
had to say. The Imam gave a great presentation of the
basics of Islam, complete with a video. After the
presentations, time was provided for questions and
answers.

When it was my turn, I directed my question to the
Imam and asked:

'Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand
that most Imams and clerics of Islam have declared a
holy jihad [Holy war] against the infidels of the
world and, that by killing an infidel, (which is
a command to all Muslims) they are assured of a place
in heaven. If that's the case, can you give me the
definition of an infidel?'

There was no disagreement with my statements and,
without hesitation, he replied, 'Non-believers!'
I responded, 'So, let me make sure I have this
straight. All followers of Allah have been commanded
to kill everyone who is not of your faith so they can
have a place in heaven. Is that correct?'

The expression on his face changed from one of
authority and command to that of 'a little boy who had
just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.'

He sheepishly replied, 'Yes.'

I then stated, 'Well sir, I have a real problem trying
to imagine Pope Benedict commanding all Catholics to
kill those of your faith or Dr. Charles Stanley
ordering all Protestants to do the same in order to
guarantee them a place in heaven!'

The Imam was speechless!

I continued, 'I also have problem with being your
'friend' when you and your brother clerics are telling
your followers to kill me! Let me ask you a question.
Would you rather have your Allah, who tells
you to kill me in order for you to go to heaven, or my
Jesus who tells me to love you because I am going to
heaven and He wants you to be there with me?'

You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam hung his
head in shame.

Needless to say, the organizers and/or promoters of
the
'Diversification' training seminar were not happy with
Rick's way of dealing with the Islamic Imam and
exposing the truth about the Muslims' beliefs.

In twenty years there will be enough Muslim voters in
the U.S. to elect the President! I think everyone in
the U.S. should be required to read this, but with our
liberal justice system, liberal media and the ACLU,
there is no way this will be widely publicized. The
most puzzling thing to me is... once Islam takes over,
there will no longer be a liberal media or an ACLU, or
a liberal justice system. So in effect, they are
slitting their own throats by not publicizing
this.

If you will, please pass this on to your e-mail
contacts. At least that is one thing we can all do.
Then no one can say they were not warned in time.

Done reading? Decided to skip over it? Don’t it is crucial you read it. Now what are your thoughts and feelings? A feeling of alleluia, or accomplishment, a feeling of ‘God they are right!’? Uh? What did you feel? What in God’s f******* world did you feel? Me? I felt nothing of these; I felt disgust, filth, discrimination, hate, and foolishness, from the person who wrote this ignorant piece. The message here was to hate all Muslims before you meet them, and judge a culture by extremists. Don’t wait until you get to know a person, judge them now, now, now! Judge them as ignorant pigs right now!!!!!!! Don’t hesitate and give a person respect, spit on them, exterminate them, before the dirty brutes multiply! Get rid of them, who cares if they are here legally and that the only reason we hate them is because we are scared and misunderstand them. Who cares about them, they are so filthy they probably don’t have feelings; they are just apes with human masks. That was the message. That is the message, I am not sure you understand that this is a message, that this was the message. Now let me make this clear to you, people read this, yep read it, no, no, no they read it and they believed it. They are people out there who believe that hating Muslims is ok, that hating people and judging people is ok, that we are pure and they can never be. Yes, people believe this. They believe that their religion is the only one that counts and do not take into account that Muslims are born into being a Muslim, that they are taught this and if they rebel they will be killed. They do not take into account that Muslims in Iraq and Iran are being raped, murdered, assaulted, stolen from and hurt as a culture because of faulty leaders who were extremists. We do not take into account that if they stayed in Iraq and Iran not only were they going to be hurt, their daughters and nieces were going to be too. They do not take into account the psychology of people living in a nation such as Iraq who encourage people to not question how things are run, do not worry about how things are done, and hate everyone and everything that is not here in front of you. They do not take into account that as individuals and as a people their leaders for years stunted their growth as a culture and as individual people. That these people do not have the ability, means, or psychological needs, to break away from this kind of this thinking, that most try and psychologically it breaks them. Now with that being said, the younger generations who escaped from this thinking are rebuilding their culture; that they do not believe in killing non-believers. Now finally as a culture the younger generations can flourish and put a stop to this and rebuild their traditions, religion, and culture into something wonderful. But with this e-mail floating around how can we influence these young people to do great things when they believe that we hate them. I will not tolerate hate and discrimination in my country and not in the world. I will not tolerate us acting just like Osama Bin Laden and crushing these young Muslim children’s hope, dreams, and goals. Their leaders did it to their parents their grandparents and as far back as remembered. Now, this very day they have a chance and we with this e-mail are taking this chance away from them. Let us not hate. I do not give a f*** what religion you are, what culture you are, we are all human beings that deserve respect, options, and a hope for a better tomorrow. Thank you for reading this. Now what I would appreciate from all young people is to take this message and learn from this, do not hate out of fear or misunderstandings. I want this to be controversial, I want people to think about it, I want you, yes you after reading this to talk about it and debate this. Here is my last message: Hope Not Hate. Is my message clear?

Please comment, comment alot, debate get heated, discuss, rate and never forget.

Sunshineyday said...
on Sep. 16 2009 at 9:57 am
The story in the email is a complete lie!

in the quaran it says " if you kill one person it is like you killed all of humanity". It is a HUGE SIN.

We Muslims ARE NOT ALLOWED TO KILL PEOPLE, and it certainly would not give us a better chance to 'get into heaven'.

L.O.A.R said...
on Aug. 9 2009 at 7:03 am
Firstly,It's funny how low he portrayed the imam to Big up his position.To me the story is faulty and is definitely fabricated to spread lies of an already misunderstood religion.The word Holy was first coined by the Christians it is no where to be found in the Qur'an in context with Jihad

2.Jihad (literally means striving for the sake of Allah) one can strive for hi sake by observing fast, enjoining good forbidding evil,abstaining from unlawful things like sex out of wedlock ,drinking,drugs...etc

A Muslim ( one who understands the implications of this deen -religion ) does not go around killing civilian lives or public and private property for that matter without a valid moral reason reason

one such reason is ...

DEFENDING ISLAM AND THE COMMUNITY:

Allah declares in the Qur'an:

"To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to defend themselves), because they are wronged - and verily, Allah is Most Powerful to give them victory - (they are) those who have been expelled from their homes in defiance of right - (for no cause) except that they say, 'Our Lord is Allah'..." (The Holy Quran, 22:39-40)

The Qur'an permits fighting to defend the religion of Islam and the Muslims. This permission includes fighting in self-defense and for the protection of family and property. The early Muslims fought many battles against their enemies under the leadership of the Prophet Muhammad(S) or his representatives. For example, when the pagans of Quraysh brought armies against Prophet Muhammad(S), the Muslims fought to defend their faith and community(3). The Qur'an adds:

"Fight in the cause of Allah against those who fight against you, but do not transgress limits. Lo! Allah loves not aggressors. ...And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against transgressors." (The Holy Quran, 2:190, 193) for more follow the link http://www.themodernreligion.com/jihad/jihad-explained.html

on Jul. 28 2009 at 6:19 am
Thank you, I believe the only way to commemorate him and also everyone who has died fighting to make this world a better people, such as Martin Luther King, JFK and such, is by take their messages of hope, love, tolerance, compassion, and kindness and go forward with our lives acting out their words and spreading the news, that uh, WE ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!" You know? How many more innocent children have to be slaughtered before we change our ways? NONE should be everyones answer, but unfortantly not everyone cries this but we must keep going, keep fighting for whats right. We should organize a march all over the world for people to stand up and say, "Eh, its about time world peace happened. Thank you for reading and getting my point. God Bless his soul and take away its suffering for he was good.

KDtheGhostwriter GOLD, Jefferson City, Missouri

"You are not special; And I am no hero."

I'm Kyle G., the guy who wrote the MJ tribute. Thanks again for commenting on that. It's attitudes like these that are destroying our country and they are the same reason Michael was so depressed. I truly do believe that the public had a hand in the death of Michael Jackson. Those trials took so much out of him, and for what? So some kid and his family could take advantage of his eccentric behavior to get a quick fortune? Michael invited kids over to his house all the time because he never go the chance to play with any as a child. He never knew normal. Of course they were going to try and pin something on him. They wanted a payday, even at the expense of a kind and gentle man. It is disgusting, but as long as the love for money exists, it will continue. The best thing for us to do is bring negative attitudes like this to light, and explain, in detail, why they're wrong. Good job with this.

Thank you so very much. I want so many people to read this and think about their actions. Our world is filled with so much hate and discrimination and I am beyond sick of the biogotry and ignorance. Since when is it ok to hate people because of their religon or culture? Well I don't think its ok and I think we as the youth of the world should remind everyone this. Thank you again for understanding my point. The world needs to change, and I am making sure the world changes for the better. My mom thought the e-mail was awesome and liberating, I told her it was judgemental and wrong, she doesn't like that I said that. I love her but she needs to see, see the hurt something like this e-mail causes. Thank you again.

sierra said...
on Jul. 9 2009 at 12:01 am
I liked this. It is very well written and it gets your point across very well. I agree and it's so annoyyyyinnnnngggg when people judge like that it's the most horrible thing a person could do. So I guess its more than annoying. I wish that we could do something to make the world see how much harm being judgemental can do; in huge, horrible situations like this, and minor but just as horrible situations such as high school stupidness. I'm giving you a five, by the way, and i'll be back tomorro to do it again.