What Should Be The Penalty For Teenage Shoplifters? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I think the penalty for teenage shoplifting should be the same as for adults, in fact, I think the penalty should be more severe.

A shoplifter should have to repay the store for their loss, plus interest for whatever was stolen, plus one should have to pay a fine.

A severe punishment would make more people stop. I know that some people who steal don't care because they laugh at the punishment system that we have now. If there were stricter laws, more people would think twice before they did something stupid.n

SAND13GO-WICKEDSIDE- said...
Oct. 21, 2009 at 11:55 am
I THINK THAT YOUR OPINION OF THE SENTENCING FOR SHOPLIFTING IS WRONG!
IF YOUVE NEVER EXPIRIENCED LIFE ON THE STREETS AND AS A THUG IN NEED OF HELP THEN HOW IS YEARS IN JAIL GOING TO HELP?ITS JUST GOING TO GET YOU MORE MAD AT THE LAW! UNLESS YOU HAVE DONE SOMETHING OR COMMITED A CRIME AND KNOWS HOW IT FEELS TO BE SENTECED INFRONT OF A JUDGE YOU SHOULDNT BE TALKING ABOUT SENTENCING BECAUSE ITS EASY FOR ANYBODY TO SAY "OH YEA PUT HIM IN JAIL FOR 4 YEARS TILL HE'S 18" BUT IF IT... (more »)