Dropping Out This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Six hours a day, long boring classes and homework that never seems to end; is this your problem? Is this how you think of school? Well, if you do, you'd better wake up. School is not a privilege, it is an opportunity. It's an opportunity you cannot afford to waste. I know school can be pretty tough sometimes, but that isn't a reason to give up. School is not here to make your life harder. Its only purpose is to educate you so you are ready for the real world. Life is only going to be harder if you don't have an education.

You might have said many times, "But what is the point? I'm not going to use any of these courses in my everyday life." Well, you're wrong. You are going to use every bit of what you learn in life. School is teaching you more than you realize. School is teaching you about life and it is giving you tools you need to be successful. Every day you go to school, you learn a little bit more that will help you make good decisions later in your life.

Besides all of this, it is a very competitive world out there. If you plan to have a job, well, you better plan to have an education. I know people who made the decision to drop out and now are going back to school. They realized what school has to offer and they are giving it a second chance. It's too bad they learned this so late, but it is still not too late for you. Make the right choice now. Stay in school and secure yourself a better life. n

Smileyay@ said...
No teens should not vote