Hands- And Head-On Training This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I believe that a technical high school is better than an academic high school. At a technical high school, students specialize in hands-on training which is more valuable than reading from a book. People can read a million books on how to fix something on a car and still not understand what to do. When you do something with your hands, you fully understand how it works.

In my school, there are fifteen different shops to choose from. They range from Horticulture to Electronics. I am in Automotive Technology. I have a job in my field doing mechanical work. The skills I have learned in my shop are in demand in today's job market. I personally know people from academic high schools who are about to graduate and have no idea what they are going to do when they get out of school.

Four years of hands- and head-on experiences tells an employer that I am ready to go and grow. n