Getting Older This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Getting Older by A. B., Brockton, MA

It seems nowadays that more and more kids are trying to act older than they really are. I don't want to be older. I want to enjoy my childhood. I don't want to leave high school, I love Brockton High. I have so much fun here. Football, track and all of my friends are the cause of this. Sure school is tough, but it is even tougher out there in the real world. Kids having a tough time in school now are saying they can't wait to get out, but once they do they will be wishing they were back in high school. That is why I am trying to enjoy myself now. These are the best years of my life and I am not about to waste them complaining and feeling sorry for myself. So, while some kids are trying to get older, faster, I am taking my time.

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 1:24 am
i love this so much!