Solutions: Child Abuse This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When people decide to have children, the general idea is to love and cherish them. But unfortunately this isn't always the situation. There are parents in this world who abuse children whether they are babies or teenagers. People like this are not fit to have children.

Whether it is physical or mental, abuse is wrong. Parents who abuse children should stop and take the time to get help, because the child will suffer in the end. Many children in this world die or become emotionally unstable because of abuse in the home.

Peers, educators, legislators and others should take the time to help not only the child who is suffering but also the parent. There should be counselors in the schools who specialize in these situations and other organizations to help the parents.

We as students can take the time and write letters and articles to newspapers and legislators to help our friend, relative or just another human being who is suffering, rather than just to talk about the issues. Innocent children should not be victims of child abuse. ?

KInG-B-101 said...

I Agree 100%...I think Teens our age need to realize these things!

DaddiesDoodle This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...

That we need to help those poor children.

gemini2724 said...
Yes, they can help it! Children are dieing every day because of child abuse! They need to learn how to controll their anger or they shouldn't have kids. Children shouldn't have to suffer just because their parents have issues! If you think child abuse is okay because the parents "can't help it" then you are a sick person!

BlackHoleHighAlumni This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
...Who are you talking to? 'Cause I don't remember LaToya saying that...I could be mistaken (so don't jump all over me if I am), but I don't remember that... :/

bluesky0728 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I think they were trying to respond to the thread of posts started by "emluvespups" and hit the New Comment button instead of the Reply button.

BlackHoleHighAlumni This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

I completely agree to a point. I believe we should do all we can to help both sides. But if the parents can't be helped, there's nothing you can do and you have to step aside and let the police take care of them.

But once again, I do agree and people should help as much as humanly possible. Well, written and great view! I love it!! :)

tom2442 replied...
what point? make ur statement more clear

I thought I did make it clear :/

The point is that adults who abuse children should be placed in a program where they can be helped. But I'm just saying if that doesn't help, we shouldn't waste our energy helping someone that simply can't be helped. We should then step aside and let the police take over.

dre1015 said...

Child abuse in any form is utterly wrong. It's effects last well into adulthood and many adults who were abused as children continue the cycle of abuse with thier own children. This cycle of abuse is now a repetative cycle and is never ending. It is only when the abuser seeks help from a trained and licensed counselor, psychologist or psychiatrist can this cycle of abuse be terminated.

I am a product of child abuse, I sought help and have ended my own cycle of abuse- I never wanted my ... (more »)

xAllegria said...
I see the facts, but where's the solution...?

MMAGirl replied...
To help when we see problems. And to help the parents. A lot of times people focus on the children only and do nothing for the parents which means they are free to have more children which ends up in more abuse. The solution is to help whenever you see it. A lot of people see the signs and never do anything to help.

tom2442 replied...
so y dont u eport it?

MMAGirl replied...
Um, that's part of helping...

mella777 said...
lillymay!!! if you ever have children heaven have mercy on your soul!!!! But most importantly on your children.if you think abusing is normal well then your flat out twisted!!( some irony for you) and it's clear you also are suffering from psychological issues. yes yes, i am an accredited psychologist.

DrewSki replied...
in that case i must have issues. It must be because I was abused as a child until a few months ago when i was taken away from my dads custody. It just seems like nothing now. If i get beaten as long as its from my mom dad or sister seems like well iu must have done something to deserve it. I guess thats part of the problem, ppl thinking that abuse is normal so their is nothing rong with doing it to your child. Well all  have to say is that i wont be doing what my dad did to me.

BluePandaK replied...
I agree with what you said. I mean when my step-dad sexaually abused me I just thought I did something wrong to deserve it so it seemed like something was wrong with me and not with him.

princess6 said...
I agree completely and I wote an essay on child abuse for emglish class. I found out that most parents that abuse their children, were abused as children and most likely came from a broke household, yeas that's not an excuse for their wrong doings,but it is an explanation

princess6 replied...
sorry i men broken house hod, english class, and yes sorry for my grammer mistakes

princess6 replied...
I MEAN broken household-srry again

emluvespups said...
Jul. 29, 2010 at 1:48 am
STOP! EVERYONE STOP! Yes child abuse is wrong, but for the people that do it, they might have ssome issues or maybe their sick. You can't blame people on stuff they can't help! I didn't have any expierence with this but i definetly  know about what's the right thing to do about child abuse

animegirl replied...
Yes they can help it! U need to think. It doesn't happen on accident!