Solutions: Child Abuse This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When people decide to have children, the general idea is to love and cherish them. But unfortunately this isn't always the situation. There are parents in this world who abuse children whether they are babies or teenagers. People like this are not fit to have children.

Whether it is physical or mental, abuse is wrong. Parents who abuse children should stop and take the time to get help, because the child will suffer in the end. Many children in this world die or become emotionally unstable because of abuse in the home.

Peers, educators, legislators and others should take the time to help not only the child who is suffering but also the parent. There should be counselors in the schools who specialize in these situations and other organizations to help the parents.

We as students can take the time and write letters and articles to newspapers and legislators to help our friend, relative or just another human being who is suffering, rather than just to talk about the issues. Innocent children should not be victims of child abuse. ?

elinfpThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 11:16 pm:
I'm not trying to be mean, but honestly this is written in the essay format we learned in 5th grade. A little confused why this is being printed. Not terrible just not the best.

moderndayEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
yesterday at 10:43 pm:
This is true. Most people do this, this doesn't mean that everyone abuses their children, but this does and is happening a lot. You're really a brave person. This is also beautifully and truthfully written. Thank you for sharign this. 

Nicole L. said...
Man...you are so brave. I hope you a bright future <3 

Deej6595 said...
Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:00 am:
Your right instead of talking about this we should be doing something. Instead of feeling pity we should try to empathize. That is why I write.

yourstruely said...
Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:30 pm:
I am a foster child now due to my biological family's abuse toward me.  it is not the first time i have been so either.  when i was living with my biological mother, who was a drug addict alcoholic prostitute, she ran off with me when i was born and when i hit the age of about 2 or 3 she started to drug me up and sell me so she could get more drugs.  i was taken away from her when i was 5 and put into 8 foster homes in4 months time until my biological dad got custody of me.&nb... (more »)

loveisntreal replied...
Jan. 1 at 2:24 pm :
:,,,( you are so brave. thanku for telling ur stoy. im a foster kid nd i can relate to u. my story is similar to urs. i am just not brave enough to tell it yet. thanks again:)

LonglegsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
yesterday at 6:28 pm :
W.O.W. Both of you. Your stories are so touching.

kmkjj said...
Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:47 pm:
i know how you feel. i am in foster care because of my biological family

Bruskknight said...
Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:35 am:
Me too i am also writing a speech on the topic of child abuse. i choose the topic to put out awareness of child abuse and how it affects the people around.  

lingling awesome said...
try living with a set of lazy abusive parents

Dark_Monarch said...
Sept. 12, 2012 at 11:24 am:
I guess people are sick in the head. Thats m yway of saying that people in general can be pretty stupid and dont think some things through. Like, why would you have kids if you can't take care of them properly? Seriously...

Redneck-Women said...
Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:06 am:
i agree with this article all the way. i would have really loved to see something like this when i was still with my birthmother and gettin abused.

EVABLESS_PRETTYDEVIL said...
Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:24 am:
YES PAPA>>>>>>>>THANKS TO DA PERSON WHO POST THIS>>>>>.COPIED,PASTE>>>>>>97 %

quetevala said...
it's not easy to go against someone who gave you everything you have... in fact it's the hardest thing for me and i would never report my parents ecpecially since i have a younger brother at home who would suffer so much.

gorgeous_chickk said...
Nov. 7, 2011 at 9:34 am:
I had witness some sort of child abuse while working at an indoor water park. there are huge water slides you can ride there and this dad and his son were next in line to go. The son became very terrified to go and started to cry lightly telling his dad he didnt want to go. the dad grabed his arm roughly and told him to lay down and o ride. the child was very tterrified and the dad continued o lose his temperature with the child. The scene was so dramatic that other lifeguards had left thei... (more »)

Lurchinbug replied...
Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:59 am :
WOW that's scary, and very sad

BabygirlToohott replied...
Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:48 am :
that is scary and sad,...

yesterday at 6:30 pm :
Oh...poor little kid.

princess palu said...
Oct. 31, 2011 at 11:59 am:
hm......................

zer0xi0n1o1 said...
i enjoyed reading it. i'm doing a final in sociology on what we can do instead of abusing children. i don' care what people think i think you did great. i myself was in an extremely abusive house where i would get beate very much. but i'm glad to know child abuse is a topic that many people know about