Solutions: Child Abuse This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When people decide to have children, the general idea is to love and cherish them. But unfortunately this isn't always the situation. There are parents in this world who abuse children whether they are babies or teenagers. People like this are not fit to have children.

Whether it is physical or mental, abuse is wrong. Parents who abuse children should stop and take the time to get help, because the child will suffer in the end. Many children in this world die or become emotionally unstable because of abuse in the home.

Peers, educators, legislators and others should take the time to help not only the child who is suffering but also the parent. There should be counselors in the schools who specialize in these situations and other organizations to help the parents.

We as students can take the time and write letters and articles to newspapers and legislators to help our friend, relative or just another human being who is suffering, rather than just to talk about the issues. Innocent children should not be victims of child abuse. ?

Nicole L. said...
Man...you are so brave. I hope you a bright future <3 

Deej6595 said...
Nov. 15, 2013 at 12:00 am:
Your right instead of talking about this we should be doing something. Instead of feeling pity we should try to empathize. That is why I write.

yourstruely said...
Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:30 pm:
I am a foster child now due to my biological family's abuse toward me.  it is not the first time i have been so either.  when i was living with my biological mother, who was a drug addict alcoholic prostitute, she ran off with me when i was born and when i hit the age of about 2 or 3 she started to drug me up and sell me so she could get more drugs.  i was taken away from her when i was 5 and put into 8 foster homes in4 months time until my biological dad got custody of me.&nb... (more »)

loveisntreal replied...
Jan. 1 at 2:24 pm :
:,,,( you are so brave. thanku for telling ur stoy. im a foster kid nd i can relate to u. my story is similar to urs. i am just not brave enough to tell it yet. thanks again:)

kmkjj said...
Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:47 pm:
i know how you feel. i am in foster care because of my biological family

Bruskknight said...
Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:35 am:
Me too i am also writing a speech on the topic of child abuse. i choose the topic to put out awareness of child abuse and how it affects the people around.  

lingling awesome said...
try living with a set of lazy abusive parents

Dark_Monarch said...
Sept. 12, 2012 at 11:24 am:
I guess people are sick in the head. Thats m yway of saying that people in general can be pretty stupid and dont think some things through. Like, why would you have kids if you can't take care of them properly? Seriously...

Redneck-Women said...
Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:06 am:
i agree with this article all the way. i would have really loved to see something like this when i was still with my birthmother and gettin abused.

EVABLESS_PRETTYDEVIL said...
Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:24 am:
YES PAPA>>>>>>>>THANKS TO DA PERSON WHO POST THIS>>>>>.COPIED,PASTE>>>>>>97 %

quetevala said...
it's not easy to go against someone who gave you everything you have... in fact it's the hardest thing for me and i would never report my parents ecpecially since i have a younger brother at home who would suffer so much.

gorgeous_chickk said...
Nov. 7, 2011 at 9:34 am:
I had witness some sort of child abuse while working at an indoor water park. there are huge water slides you can ride there and this dad and his son were next in line to go. The son became very terrified to go and started to cry lightly telling his dad he didnt want to go. the dad grabed his arm roughly and told him to lay down and o ride. the child was very tterrified and the dad continued o lose his temperature with the child. The scene was so dramatic that other lifeguards had left thei... (more »)

Lurchinbug replied...
Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:59 am :
WOW that's scary, and very sad

BabygirlToohott replied...
Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:48 am :
that is scary and sad,...

princess palu said...
Oct. 31, 2011 at 11:59 am:
hm......................

zer0xi0n1o1 said...
i enjoyed reading it. i'm doing a final in sociology on what we can do instead of abusing children. i don' care what people think i think you did great. i myself was in an extremely abusive house where i would get beate very much. but i'm glad to know child abuse is a topic that many people know about 

kelsee727 said...
I had to write some persuasive speech a few months ago and I chose child abuse. Although there really is not anything to persuade..it was still an option. I do not understand why people bring children into the world when all they are going to do to the children is give them a tragic life. I've never been abused. Therefore I cannot say this with confidence, but if I had been abused I would not want to have my children experience that kind of pain I had felt. I would want to do the complete opposi... (more »)

barbie.doll.keri replied...
May 15, 2011 at 1:55 pm :
I am working on the same persuasion speech. I have done all the research I can possibly do, watched all the sad videos on youtube, and even shed a few tears for those who were lost due to child abuse. It's terribly sad to see what children have to go through now. Being a parent was a choice, if you did not want the blessings of being a parent then they shouldn't have put theirselves in that position in the first place. I look at kids and see nothing but love, I don't know how anyone can do this ... (more »)

Bruskknight replied...
Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:38 am :
i am writing a speech for my english class..i choose child abuse as my topic because i want to shoe what the consequence of child abuse are and give awareness of the issues to the people around.

ashley1012 said...
Apr. 19, 2011 at 11:24 am:
i agree with this article people parnets should not abuse ther child becuase if my dad was to abuse me i would walk out the door and got to the police station and then go back to the house with the police and tell him see ya and i will leave