What Music? | Teen Ink

What Music? MAG

I am proud to say that I'm disgusted with the music that's around today. I look at it this way: most bands won't even last three years in the limelight. Take bands like Offspring, The Toadies or Green Day. You probably will never ever hear from them again. You know why? They have no talent!! Most of alternative bands have the same drum beat, same guitar chords and the same "make no sense" lyrics. Put it this way: my favorite band is the Beatles. I know some of you are probably laughing, but listen.

The Beatles first burst on the scene in 1962. They split in 1970. Over eight years, they were the biggest selling group of all time, most popular, most successful, had the most number one albums, most number one singles, the biggest television audience, the best, most influential songwriters, and two of the best albums of all time ("Abbey Road" and "Sgt. Pepper").

Now that was 26 years ago, and they still hold every record. Now that is amazing. For over 26 years, no other band has broken any of these records, because music hasn't improved. Although, I must say, I like Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, the Doors, Van Halen, and Rush. But face it, music is going downhill!!! Bands like Nirvana, Rage against the Machine, Bush, Foo-Fighters, and White Zombie have ruined my generation. Take for example, Nirvana's "Rape Me." What message does that send? Now how about the Beatles' "We can work it out"? This is a positive message from brilliant people. Not a hypocritical drug-user, who killed himself, like Kurt Cobain. My generation has to smarten up. Negative music sends a negative message. What does it equal? Generation X. Face it. The Beatles are still the greatest band of all time. Case closed. ?