8 Things I've Learned Through Eating | Teen Ink

8 Things I've Learned Through Eating

By Brett05 BRONZE, Lebanon, Ohio
Brett05 BRONZE, Lebanon, Ohio

1. Sugar is not the best thing for me but, if you want a good time it’s the best! Sugar gives energy to the body and for someone like me I have no need for it. I know that it may affect my grades and I might need to stop so I don’t get diabetes.

2. Dandelions taste awful and they get stuck in your teeth but, if there purple give them a try! I learned this through eating sugar, so, we just got out of a meeting at school and they gave me flowers to eat. I obliged and I thought that it tasted terrible but, then I ate a dandelion. This leads me to my next point, you might be at your high point in life and think it's horrible so don’t take anything for granted.

3. The best gift in life is good food and friends to share it with. The most memorable things and happiest points in life happen when I have had a meal with the people I care about. The food doesn’t even have to be good sometimes; for instance I went out with my soccer team for dinner and we got horrible food but had the best times of our lives just because of the people.

4. Just because it’s pretty doesn't mean you should eat it. Food can be very deceptive in the commercials and in ad’s. Recently, I have been watching this ‘youtuber’ that exploits how people make their food look more appealing to the eye, for example they use motor oil as syrup to make it more appealing. Although they trick you into believing that its syrup, you still shouldn’t eat it.

I am a very high energy kid that is a bit of a class clown and am sumbmitiing this so I can get points for submiting this to an online public viewing.