Great Nation | Teen Ink

Great Nation

December 9, 2018
By Udhir SILVER, Kathmandu, Other
Udhir SILVER, Kathmandu, Other
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

‘Great’; perceived, viewed, and understood by many has been a vague word for all the time. If I say an elephant is great I see an ant running it mad, if I say macrocosms is the greatest I find microcosms whose mysteries I can’t resolve.  If I say the one who has read library of books is great I see an illiterate Kabir tearing out ecstasy on the remote India. I see greatness on the heart not on the mind, on the capacity to absorb not on the size, on the acceptance not on the dominance.

A great nation thereby is the one who learns songs of harmony from its rivers, realizes the vastness of creation form its mountains, learns acceptance and generosity from its soil; It’s heart always smiles and face renders bliss; it functions on emotions and consciousness rather than rules and laws; it enjoys uniqueness and diversity doesn’t ask for equality; it won’t hear sounds of bombarding but vani(words) of Kabir, it won’t see murder but light of Jesus, it won’t repeat Hitler but follow Krishna, it won’t perceive polarity but understand Buddha. It’ll be a place of complete exuberance where each life will be a life in making with pleasantness in heart, energy on extremities and clarity in mind where lives will be heading towards their goal with rejoicing heart, conscious self, responsible mind and passionate intentions.

Once Vivekananda said, “Give me 100 dedicated youths, I’ll give you the great nation.” meaning great nation requires great individuals. As nature creates Spring Season for the new life in making lets set up an ambiance where we can produce the youths that Vivekananda aspired for. 

Let’s work on making the land fertile, removing all stone , providing water, manure and then one day we’ll see a flower on our garden. Let’s work in setting the environment where we won’t impose our beliefs on the new lives, we won’t teach them hatred, jealousy, anger or lust but water enough of knowledge and nourish them with responsibility ; we won’t poke them but allow them to happen then we’ll see a new man; an exuberant, ecstatic and a conscious one on our garden. Such individuals will create wave of change all around; they will nurture people; they will refine traditions; they will remove fear and plant love; they will burn rules and laws and teach responsibility; they will kill beliefs and promote consciousness; they will put smile on every face and bliss on every heart.

Time has come that we redefine our morality, our system and our understanding of life. If we can make each life to flower to its potential great nation is not far away, let’s make life like “a scent of Jasmine over the cool spring breeze not like the throne in the back” so that every moment will be a moment of activity, a moment of creating and becoming great; then great nation, world and civilization will be our living reality not mere expectation.