With The Wrong Crowd | Teen Ink

With The Wrong Crowd

By BatteryAfter, Kingwood, West Virginia
BatteryAfter, Kingwood, West Virginia

"I'm like a cat, I always land on all fours." -Jensen Ackles
"Food is the most important meal of the day." -Michael Kark

Author's note: This story means a lot to me as a writer but it does not have a personal value to it. My family is not a bunch of murderers. BUT! I do take much pride in writing it.

This isn't really a chapter book, It is more of a together book, if you understand. It is not finished yet but I am working very hard to write more for it.

"Is that all you've got, punk?" I punched some guy in the face. "No, that is only half of what I've got!" The guy said stumbling, trying to take another swing but missing. "F*** you!" I punched him and he fell to the ground and I kicked him in the stomach. "Hopefully that will teach you to never touch my god damn, little sister again! Creep!" "I didn't touch your little sister, I raped her. I enjoyed her screams." "Shut the hell up!" I started to cry out of anger and I pulled out a gun from my boot. "One more word and I will blow your f* ing head off! One more word!" "B****." I closed my eyes and squeezed the trigger, the gun made a popping sound and I opened my eyes. The guy was on his side, blood pouring from his temple and I shot him again in the chest. "Dick." The woods were cold because of the wind that started to blow after I started walking back. I held the guy I just shot over my shoulder. When I reached the road I dumped the guy into the back seat of my car. When I walked over to the drivers side of the car the door shocked me and I flinched my hand back. I finally got into the car and started it and headed to the hospital. The hospital parking lot was half full with parked cars. Nurses stood outside smoking and gossiping. I pulled up to the hospital entrance and got out of the car. I pulled out the guys lifeless body and dropped him in the cold ground. The nurses ran over and asked what happened. My head popped up and I looked at them, blood covered my body. One nurse took my arm and rushed me inside. She sat me down on a chair next to a little boy that must have been their for a check up. "Listen ma'am, I'm not hurt. The man outside on the sidewalk, he is dead and I killed him." I slightly yelled across the room. "What? Well, okay, um, them let's just clean you up." The nurse said nervously. I got up from the chair and walked over to her. She looked me over, turned around, and walked towards a room. I followed. The room was small, it was completely white. A little hospital bed was in the corner, I walked over to it and sat. Blood smeared the bleached, white sheets. The nurse exhaled sharply and walked out. A few minutes later she came back with rags and peroxide and rubbing alcohol. She took a rag and poured rubbing alcohol on it, she walked over to me and started wiping blood off my hands and face. "We need to get you out of those clothes." The nurse said, setting the red stained rag on a table. "Well, there is no way I am leaving this place in a hospital gown." I said. "Okay, I will go see if I can find some scrubs for you." "Thanks." The nurse walked out and I fell back on the hospital bed. I stared at the ceiling, my mind kept racing about what just happened. The nurse came back with a pair of scrubs in her hand, she set them beside me and walked out, closing the door behind her. The scrubs were an awful teal but at least they weren't covered in blood. I stripped of my clothes and looked down at my body that was stained in blood that seeped through my clothes. The cold air made me have goosebumps all over my body. I quickly threw on the scrubs, threw the sheets off the bed and sat down. Sirens wailed in the background, I could tell it was the cops. The hospital had called them on me for shooting that guy. Waiting for the cops to bust through the door and take me away, I laid back and tears rolled down my face. About a minute later two cops busted in and ran towards me. They told me my rights and grabbed my arms and put handcuffs on me. They stood me up and we walked out of the room into the emergency room. One officer walked ahead of us to get the door. When we walked out of the hospital and over to the police car they ducked my head and I got in. The leather of the seats was cold. When I got in, the handcuffs dug into my skin and I bit my cheek trying not to cry in pain. Hours later, I was sitting in a courthouse still wearing my scrubs. My family sat behind me and my palms were sweating because it was my first time ever being on trial for murder. I mean, I've been busted driving drunk once but not murder. Then again that was the man who raped my sister. He deserved to die. My mind kept racing, along with my heartbeat as the judge walked in and slipped into his spot. He was perfectly perched up in his seat, wearing a long, black robe that went to his feet. Noticing the judges attire made me realize what I looked like. I wore ugly, teal scrubs that stuck to the blood on my skin. My dirty purple and black hair was tossed up into a messy ponytail and my green eyes glossy from crying. I was a mess and obviously wasn't ready to face a judge for killing a man. "Lilith Crowley. Here for murder, am I right?" The judge asked. "Yes, your honor." My voice was shaky. "Was it in self defense?" "Well, technically. You see he was a rapist. He raped my sister and I was hiking earlier when I ran into him. Rage overcame my body and I couldn't help myself, sir." The rest of the small trial lasted for another hour. I got out without any jail time but only if I took anger management classes. When everyone was let out of the courthouse I ran over to my family, they stood over in a corner. My mother held my sister Anne's hand and my father stood beside my mother. I was smiling but I couldn't stop crying. I leaned down to my sister and hugged her, my scrubs stuck to my skin even more. "Well, I'm glad that's all over." I said pulling my scrubs from my skin. "How about we go home and get you cleaned up? After that, maybe we can all have a nice dinner?" My mother suggested. "That sounds good." We walked over the the car and got in. Everyone was quiet. All I could think about was shooting that guy. The adrenaline rush I got from it was amazing and I kinda wanted to do it again. No. Yes. Maybe? My mind wondered and my head fell sideways and it hit the window. I jolted to attention, rubbing my head. Anne looked over at me and laughed, her amusement to my pain made me smile. It had been so long since I had seen her smile and laugh. The car stopped in front of our big white house with columns stretched across the porch. Inside, the walls were decorated with vintage painting and the furniture was 50's art deco. I walked upstairs to my room to get clean clothes. When I opened the door scents of incense and oils indulged me and I felt safer. In my closet, I got out a tank top, some skinny jeans, and a sweatshirt then went to the bathroom. Ten minutes later I came out feeling a lot better. I headed down to the kitchen and was greeted with my mom cooking dinner. She wore an apron that perfectly fit her thin figure, her brunette hair was up in a ponytail and her green eyes looked down at the food. "Wash up, honey. Dinner will be done is a minute." My mother said as she took off her apron. "Alright. Mom, are we just going to stand around pretending none of this happened in our life?" I promptly asked. "Yes, we are. Now go." I walked out of the kitchen and down the hallway to the bathroom. My reflection reminded me that I looked like a meth addict. Pieces of purple hair tossed around underneath the black hair like a rat's nest. Eyeshadow smeared over my eyes and lip gloss swiped to the side of my mouth. I turned on the sink and let the water run to get warm. When it was warm I took a wash cloth and put it under the faucet to get it wet. Once I did that, I cleaned the makeup from my face and then washed my hands. I threw the wash cloth into the hamper beside the door and walked out. When I got back into the kitchen I was greeted with my family sitting at the dinner table. Plates, glasses, and silver wear were all nearly placed on the table. My mother walked over to the table with two plates in her hand. She sat one in front of Anne and them one in front of me and then she got the two other plates for her and my father. We were having stir fry with fried rice, my favorite. But I didn't really feel hungry. I guess it was just my nerves getting to me. I stared at my plate for a few seconds and then I picked up my fork and started playing with it. "What's wrong? Not hungry?" Anne asked after taking a huge bite of chicken. "Um, not really, sis. I'm actually just gonna go lay down." I replied quickly and then left. I walked into my room and ran over to my bed. Without any thought I fell into it face first. All I could think about was killing that guy, the rush it gave me. If I got all the people that I hate to attack me I could easily just attack back and accidentally kill them, I get the rush I need and get away without penalty. The perfect crime. plus, I would be doing the world a favor, getting rid of gangs that go around messing with people for fun, no more bullying, and more happy faces. Of course I would need a plan before I go out killing people. How was I going to get them to attack me? There was a knock at my door and I sprung up off of my bed and unlocked the door. My brother Axel stood in the doorway holding a box. He walked in and sat on the bed. I closed the door, locked it, and sat next to him. I gave him an odd look and asked him what was in the box. "You are going to have to promise not tell tell mom or dad about this." Axel said slightly whispering. "I promise. What is it?" I eagerly asked. "In this box is my survival kit. Weapons, to be exact. You need more protection out there, sis. well, and I know what you are thinking and trust me it wont work. Killing people to help the world never works out how you want it." "How the hell did you know that? And you never know, I could be a better killer than you, its in my blood to be a killer too, bro. Uncle Allen still does it and gets away with it. It is perfectly legal if you kill someone who is attacking you." "Whatever, but I still what you to have this, it will be perfect." He handed me the box and started to walk out. "Wait! I want to hear about college. How are you classes? Are you passing? Do you have a girlfriend? What's her name?" "Easy there, sis. My classes are pretty boring, but C.S.I. 101 is pretty great. I am passing all of my classes with A's and B's. I do not have a girlfriend yet but hopefully soon I will." He smiled. "Oh? Well, what's her name?" "Her name is Mellisa Stone." "Nice. Does she have something different about her? Like, does she have murderers in her family or is she a spy? I bet she's a spy." "Actually, no. She is normal. Oddly, kinda, too normal. But I don't care she is beautiful, smart, f-" I cut him off. "I get it. Well, then good luck with your hand at a normal girl. You going back to your place or hanging out here for a little while?" "Here." He walked out. I opened the box and looked in it. A small pistol and a few rounds, Fake I.D's for the family, a short blade dagger, and a picture. The picture was of my uncle's mug shot of when he was put in jail for a crime he didn't commit. He was let out when they found out their mistake. He slowly killed off all the people involved in the case until they were all gone. This time he made sure the next time he was put away for a crime, he committed it. I put the lid back on the box and tucked in under my bed. Downstairs everyone was hanging out with Axel. He has been in college only for a year and everyone is freaking out that he is back. It's summer, you cant stay on campus in the summer or holidays. We see him every break and holiday. Of course, I love my tall, brown eyed, murderer brother. We have a lot in common in some things but my hair is always a different color and I wear colored contacts. I guess I don't like to fit in with my family. The things Axel and I have in common mostly come from our uncle; murder, lying, stealing, crimes. I always left the murder to Axel and Allen. "Lilith, come down and hang out with your brother." My mom yelled from downstairs. "Coming!" I yelled back. I ran out of my room and downstairs to the living room. Anne and Axel were sitting on the floor and mom and dad were sitting on the couch. I walked over to Axel and sat next to him. He nudged me and I nudged him back. We had now just started a war between us and started slapping each other. Our mom had to come and break us apart. At the exact time Axel and I pouted and then laughed. For a few hours we all sat and shared stories, some we have all heard and some we haven't. Most of them were about Axel getting hurt or Anne giving herself a haircut. They were always funny. Anne went to bed after a few stories and my mom and dad shortly followed. Axel and I were the only ones downstairs and awake. We both continued to tell short, funny stories. I looked up at a clock and noticed that it was 4:23 AM. We talked for another hour and then ended up crashing on each other on the floor. That night I dreamt of all the crimes I committed all my life. It oddly went very fast. I was woken up by Axel rolling on me, I yelled at him to get off me. He woke up and flew himself off me and we both started laughing. I walked upstairs to my room to get dressed to go for a walk. When I was ready I ran out the front door and down the street. I walked a few blocks to Allen's house to tell him a few things. When I got there he was outside getting the mail. He said hi to me and we walked inside his house. He looked at his mail throwing the not important mail in the trash. I sat at the kitchen table playing with a pen. After he was done with the mail and I got bored with the pen we started talking. "Allen, I think I am going to start killing off the awful people in this world." I said clicking the pen. "That's great to hear! Well, how are you going to do it? Do you have any plans?" Allen asked smiling. "Well, I'm not quite sure what I'm going to use but I will go around and make people attack me I can kill them out of self defense. No jail and less and less crime in the world." "Alright, I am liking the idea. You need to be careful though, you can get caught by a person who simply saw the whole thing and could report you. That happened to me once, your aunt had to bail me out. I still here about it from her every time we fight. Useless. Also, do you want to try out your aunt's overcoat she wore in her killing days?" "That would be awesome! Where is it?" "In the upstairs closet I'll go get if for you. Be back in a minute." A minute later He came down with a dark purple leather overcoat. He handed to me and I tried it on. It fit perfectly. Right after I put it on, my aunt walked into the door. She explained how I looked so much like her when she was younger and wore that thing. She gave it to me quickly and knew it would be out into good use. I knew too. I looked at the time and saw that I had been there for a hour and I had to go back home. I rushed out into the street and ran home. When I walked in the door I smelled grilled cheese sandwiches. I ran over to the kitchen and greeted my mom, who was cooking, and I showed her my coat. She had no clue it was her sister-in-law's After she got a good look of me she went back to cooking and I headed down to wake up Axel, I knew he was still asleep. Quietly, I went downstairs and over to the living room. Axel was sleeping on the couch, I got up close to his ear and screamed good morning. He woke up quickly and yelled a bit. After he saw that it was me he quickly slapped me and rolled over on his side. I showed him the coat and he knew it was our aunt's. He sat up on his side and told me I looked great in it. I sat down next to him and reached in the pocket of the coat. Something was in there, I pulled it out to find that it was lock pick kit. Just what I needed. Axel took it and looked at it in amazement. Then, he got up and went to get dressed to go to work at the downtown hospital as a nurse. There, he always steals tools for his collection of unique weapons. When he was finished getting dressed, he rushed out the door and into his car. I ran out the door after him and threw him his keys and he drove off. The only people in the house were me and my mom. I ran upstairs to the kitchen to greet my mom and to eat some grilled cheese. When I got up there my mom was sitting at the table balancing her check book. The grilled cheese sat on a plate on the table beside her. She looked up to see me walking towards her and smiled then pointed to the plate. I told her that I knew and that was why I came up. We laughed slightly and I sat down to eat. "So, mom, why don't you and dad kill people like Uncle Allen and Aunt Kelly?" I asked as I took a bite of grilled cheese. "Well, we just wanted to try our hand at a normal life. Murder isn't healthy, you get addicted and I do not want you to do it." My mom said. "What about Axel? He did it. We aren't a normal family and that is a good thing and it's not like we are killing innocent people, it's the people who are very guilty. Plus, for our family killing is healthy and normal is a disease." "I couldn't get to Axel in time, he did it on his own. Killed that gang that mugged him. Soon, I doubt I will be able to stop you because you got Anne's rapist. If you do go into this, just remember that you need to be very careful. Your dad and I just are the odd ones, we don't want to kill people. Now, eat and either talk about something else or don't talk at all." I got quiet. When I finished eating I went into my room. I ran over to my desk and looked through it to find a small black book. It wasn't a diary, no, it was a small sketch book. My way I usually express myself because I wasn't killing. The book creaked when I opened it, a drawing of battle between Heaven and Hell fell out onto the floor. I leaned down to get it and when I reached down for it I noticed the box Axel gave me. My impulse took over and I took it out from under the bed and sat it on my bed. Don't open it. I thought. Of course, I opened it. I took out the picture and the gun, I loaded the gun and sat it on the bed. I took off my coat and changed into an outfit to make me look like I was rich. A glitter blouse, skinny jeans, long and black boot, and I put my coat back on.Then I went over to my bed and grabbed the gun and stuffed it in my boot. The final touches for my rich kid look were a phone headset and a giant, knock-off designer purse. Finally, I was ready to head out with my plan. I walked out of the house and down to my car. My plan was to go down into town, looking like a rich kid, and hoping someone will jump me so I am able to shoot them out of self defense. Getting rid of the bad people in the town. Technically, I wasn't going to do anything wrong. When I got into town, I parked my car at a small shop and started walking down the sidewalk. The town wasn't what you called safe, small crimes always happening. Every once and a while there would be a mugging or a robbery. After a few minutes of walking around, I started getting noticed by a few people. Getting a comment about a body part from guys and a comment about my clothes from girls. I was starting to think the plan wasn't going to work but just then I was stopped by a young man. He told me I looked great and then asked if I was taken. Lying, I said I was. He seemed sad but then he got a smug look on his face. I asked him what he was thinking and he told me that I should forget my boyfriend and go hang out with him. Of course, I denied him and started to walk off but he grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him. We both struggled, I tried to get free and he tried to keep me in his grip. With all the struggling I almost forgot about my plan. It popped back into my mind right as he started dragging me to the alley. I bent down to my boot and got out my gun, turned off the safety, and held it up to the mans back and pulled the trigger. He let go and fell to the ground. As soon as he hit the ground I ran as fast I could back to my car and back home. But first, I needed to stop at the hospital to talk to Axel. I flew into the hospital parking lot and ran inside the building. A woman stopped me at the fron desk and I explained to her that I needed to talk to my brother, a nurse. She let me go and I quickly found Axel. "Axel, I need to talk to you." I said panting. "Lil, what wrong? Are you okay?" He asked grabbing my shoulders to calm me down. "I was walking in the town to try to get someone to jump so I could get them and it worked.I didn't think it would work and I shot him. He is laying in an alley right now and I don't know what to do." "Calm down. I'm so proud of you, you finally did it for real. Allen with be proud too. What you need to do is not worry. It will be the same deal as the the rapist, it will pass and you will be fine. Go to the crime scene and explain what happened to the cops. Good luck, sis." "O-okay, I will. I didn't think it would so easy.Thanks, bro, see you later." I left and headed back to the crime scene. A few cops were there and yellow caution tape was all around the alley. I walked up to a cop and told him that I was the one who shot the man. The cop asked why I did it and I explained that he was trying do things with me and I shot him. Simple as that. The cop walked away and told another cop, they took a few more pictures and then started to clean up everything. The clean up took about an hour and when it was done I went home. When I got home my mom was sitting on the floor laying with Anne and Axel was just sitting down on the couch. I walked up to everyone and flopped on the couch next to Axel. He looked at me with a look that asked "what happened?". I shook my head at him and then looked at my mom to see if she was paying attention. She was too occupied by Anne. I looked at the clock to see that it was 9:30 PM and decided that I wanted to go to bed. Groaning, I got up and told everyone that I was going to bed. They all said okay and I crawled upstairs to my bedroom. Finally, I slept for hours. long needed sleep.