Bone Chilling secrets of the dead | Teen Ink

Bone Chilling secrets of the dead

By queensarah, brownstown, Michigan
queensarah, Brownstown, Michigan

Do we ever think about the future? When we are doing something we shouldn’t, do we ever think about it first? In this world your choices can predict your future and your well being. Do we ever think that driving a little bit over the limit will do no harm? What if it was a lot? You hear all the bad things that happen all over the place, like car accidents, murders, homicides, even little robberies and we always think that can’t happen to me. Never in a million years would that happen to me. Until that one in a million years comes and your in a deadly accident or brutally murdered. This just shows don’t judge a book by its cover and that’s just what happened on a cold, stormy day in a small little town.

So our story begins in an old apartment building on Hazel Drive, in Brownstown, Michigan. There weren’t many people in the building. Let alone on the street. Megan and her family were some of the only people on the street. There were no other kids on the street, or so everyone thought. When Megan would go on her daily bike ride to train for her race, she would always pass by this old creaky abandon house. Now nobody has lived there for over thirty years. But when someone did it didn’t end well.

We begin our story in Michigan. A very small town to be exact, but with more stories than any other in the country. There are a couple stories I would like to tell you, the first being the most bone chilling mystery of them all. Take a moment and think, Do we ever think if that will happen to us? No, we never do and that’s when you least expect it. And when you least expect it, it will be right there waiting for you.

Imagine sitting in your house all-alone. Not a sound to be heard, not a movement to be made. When all of a sudden you hear knock knock on the door. Now your parents always tell don’t answer the door when your home alone. Don’t tell anyone your home alone on the phone. This story has every single horrible sight, all because Maria didn’t open that door…

Maria’s parents had just left about fifteen minutes before; they were just next store so, she didn’t think anything of it. She was just sitting there listening to her ipod and reading her book. When out of nowhere with only the sound of her blaring music came a KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK on the door. Her brother was coming home any minute from his friend’s house. So she thought nothing of it and just yelled “Use your key!!” The voice replied back, “I don’t have one!! Just let me in!”

Now Maria was smart and just ignored the person. But about five minutes later, came the shatter of glass with a high-pitched scream. She knew the scream it was her brother’s. Her brother had called her and told her he was coming through the back door, the strange man must have heard that he was going through the back door and the man must have followed him. With the shatter of the glass and the scream of course, she ran out the door to the neighbors. Where her parents had been. She ran banging on their door, and when they answer she screamed “Call the Police Now!!”

They did so and when they got through, her parents had heard the story. Their one and only son was gone, missing, nowhere to be found. The police came as fast as they could, They asked Maria millions of questions but none would truly answer what actually happened. The officer had asked her, What he looked like? What he sounded like? And this is what she answered,
“At first, he wanted to enter the house thought the front door. I thought it was my little brother; returning from his friend’s house so I scream, just use your key. The voice replied back, I don’t have a key just let me in. I just ignored the voice so my brother called me and said he was coming through the back door. The man must have heard him and followed. When he opened the door all I heard was the shatter of glass and a high-pitched scream. I ran straight out the front door to here. I don’t know what else happened because, I ran straight out of the house, when I heard the shatter and the scream.”

The officer replied, “So you have no proof it wasn’t your brother and his friends?”
Actually I do, you see my brother knows if he were to do anything like that he would be grounded for life. He knows what would happen, since he has done it in the past and it didn’t end up good.”
“So you are telling me that your brother was kidnapped as he tried to enter your house.”
“I don’t know, I don’t know if he’s dead and gone or he’s just gone.”

The following day, Maria was reported missing by her parents, when they had returned from work. When her parents sent out a search warrant, strange things started to happen to them. When Mrs. Anderson came home from searching for children, she thought that the house would be filled with silence. That was far from what was actually happening. When Mrs. Anderson opened the garage door, she saw a mysterious stature sitting on the front door step. Mrs. Anderson got out of the car to see who it was. The man had called himself Colin. Collin claimed to know everything that had gone on in the house when her children, were reported missing.
“Hello, you must be the mother of the two missing children!” he started with.

“Yes, I am, May I help you with something?” she replied.

“Oh yes, I can help you and you can help me. You see I know everything that happened in your house when your children went missing.”

“ What went on in the house? Can you tell me?” she asked.

“That’s the thing, it will cost you!”

“I’ll pay anything to know that my kids are okay, and to have them back. Are they and how much do you want?”

“How much are you willing to pay?” he asked “I was thinking around the lines of fifty thousand since there are two children and you love them both so much,”

“Okay, fine, your right, but before I give you money. Are they still alive?”

“Hard to say, I was sent here three hours ago to get the money. They would be safe and sound, if I got the money. But he might have thought that he was not getting the money so he killed them.”
“Ask him, please” she begged “Call, do anything, I just, I just want to know that my kids are okay.”

“ I will call and ask but, if they are do you want to know why the man did it?”

“Um Yah, I want my kids back, I would do anything for them. How was he going to kill them if I didn’t give the money? Do you know?”

“Yes, actually I was going out to get the buy the hatchets.”

“Hatchets?” she asked.

“Yes, you see he would tie them to a tree, and when he was ready he would sit and throw the hatchets at them until the have enough cuts to bleed to death. He said it would a slow death just like his.”

“No, How could he. Why my kids why did it have to be mine, what did I ever do to him? And what do you mean a slow death like his?”

“It was nothing against you or your family. Or so he told me. He did hear your son call your daughter and tell her that he was coming through the back door. He was standing at the front door when you son was walking to the back yard. I don’t know why he would do it to such a young boy and such a pretty young lady. But you see he’s actually already dead.”
“What do you mean he’s already dead? You mean a corpse is killing my children.”

“Yes, and he wanted the money for a new face.”
“How many other kids are there?” She asked. “Why does he choose children?”

“Your two are the only two, and he chooses children because they are smaller and not a smart as the adults.”

“Just call him make sure they’re not dead.”
‘Will do, you are promising to pay the fifty thousand though? Right.”

“Yes, anything, I just want my kids back please.”

Collin called the man and he said they were still alive and in condition to live, but he needs the money now or they would be dead soon. Colin said that he would kill them differently more painful and an even more slower death then the last thought out plan. Since the money was not paid right when he wanted it, he thought of a more painful death, for them. But I can’t tell you what it is.”

When Mrs. Anderson heard that she said, “No, I will not pay fifty thousand dollars. I love them but I will kill him first and have my children back and no one can stop me.”

Collin called the man and told him it was all said and done she was coming to try and to kill him. Mrs. Anderson called her husband and told him to meet her at the park in Brownstown. He said he would, and that he would be as soon as he could. Mrs. Anderson drove up to the park to see if her children we still alive. They were but, Collin was right he must dead for at least fifteen, twenty years, maybe thirty at the most. You could rotted skin. So Mrs. Anderson went up to the corpse and yelled, “Who do you think you are? To just go and steal my children like that. I don’t even know who you are? Why only my kids? What did me or my family ever do to you?”

“For you information you have a lot to do with me, you were the nurse that pulled my plug twenty years ago On December 24th, 1989. Ring a bell?” He rudely replied.

“Ooh My God… You were Jason T. Morgan. I remember you I’m so sorry I didn’t want to do that but I had to.”

“ OOOH, Okay so you just had to pull the plug, I could have lived a hundred more years for all you know. I miss my family and because of that you’re going to lose your most loved and cherished possession.”

”What else can you take from me? You already have my children and they are close to dying. What else can you take from me?”

“I know!” a scream came from a short distance. Mrs. Anderson knew that voice it was Collin’s.

“Ooh Collin, thank god you came. Can you tell this man to get out of my face?”

“ I’m afraid I can’t do that,” he said, grabbing a pistol out of his pocket.

“No! Collin don’t” she screamed.
About thirty seconds later all you heard in the silence of the forest along with the chirping of birds, “NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” as she fell to the ground Mrs. Anderson screaming her last word as she hit the cold dirt.

Now, Mr. Anderson had seen everything, Jason and Collin had only one choice, and that was to kill him to. They walk near his car and said that they wanted to talk to him. He unlocked the old and rusty door and began to open the squeaking door when all of a sudden straight through
the glass of the front windshield came ten gunshots. Five hitting him in the upper and lower abdominal, and the other five in the forehead. This had killed him. Cops had been called because, of the sound of the gunshots. Jason and Collin jumped in to their van and headed to Mexico, to stay with Jason’s family.

The Anderson’s now haunt their house because they had only gotten to live in it for a couple of years before their death.

Jason and Collin were arrested and put into prison for life. Ten years later, they escaped never to be found again. Some say they return to the house for new victims and other say they hung themselves to escape the prison life.

I strongly advise you to never ever go near the house of 23458 Hazel Drive if you want to live…