In The Dead Beat Of Winter | Teen Ink

In The Dead Beat Of Winter

November 4, 2011
By Wienk13 BRONZE, Great Valley NY, New York
More by this author
Wienk13 BRONZE, Great Valley NY, New York
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Expectation is the root to all heart aches"- Willam Shakespeare.


Author's note: I was inspired to write it from a dream I had, but I hope people will learn that even the smallest thing from your past can bring about dark things in the future. That sometimes even the closest people to you can hold dark secrets that can or will harm you.

Prologue









This is the year that you will meet the guilty one, the innocent one, and the forgiven one. You must decide who is guilty, who the innocent one is, and where the forgiveness is. Good luck.



A happy year it has been so far, and without a care in the world; it seemed too perfect for a certain family.
However, in came rolling the wicked winds of December with its harsh weather of snow. December would always start their struggle to live, to keep the roof over their heads, and to keep even small fraction of warmth.

This family…didn’t have much at all. They were dirt poor, and every time winter hit…it was always the hardest time of the year for them. The father of this family would take on six jobs just to keep the roof over their heads, to keep the heat on, and the water on too. The mother took on four jobs just to go out and buy food. She would ride a horse into town, and then come back with the food. Their child…what a joy she was when she entered the family. She never asks for much because she knows just what the battle is. And even though her parents never showed her, or even dared to talk about the troubling times, and their emotions…she saw it all the way through. She would stay home all by herself until her parents got home from their jobs.

Now five years old (the child of the farmers) in this cold weather on this lonely December 20th, a man came knocking at their door. He looked dirty from head to toe. He has greasy black hair, brown eyes (no hope in them), filthy peach skin, he was so thin it wasn’t even funny, and he wore a black shirt that was in rags, his gray pants that were torn up too, and black boots that were so worn out. He was homeless?

They offered him a hot meal, and he took it. They offered him to stay until the winter was over, and he agreed. They gave a bed to sleep in, and he took it. The mother made him some new clothes, and a new jacket, and he thanked her so.

But…even kindness is rewarded the wrong way. It was that December 24th that he acted on his own. He couldn’t take it anymore. And just when you thought, it was horror to the eyes he went after the little girl. He chased her out into the snow that was so deep. She was as cold as she ran in her nightgown, and she didn’t even have any shoes on; barefooted, and no coat. She was only a five-year-old girl who watched the man they were being so kind to turn on them. After all they had done…it just wasn’t fair.

It seemed endless to her; the blanket of snow that is. She tripped in the snow, and the man who was chasing her chuckles in amusement. His eyes were blood hungry that she started to cry in such fear. Before the man could lay a hand on her…he was down on his knees in the snow (in pain). She looked to see why he hadn’t touched her, and there before her was a well-dressed man.
He has shaggy black hair, dark piercing red eyes (not blood shot) that seemed to be memorizing, and scary. He has pale skin, he’s thin (not thin to the bone, but a healthy thin), and he wore a black coat (had dark blue lining), and black pants that he steps on with his black boots.

Even history could not change what this man had done. He killed the other man, and that grubby, filthy man turned to dust after his blood hit the snow, and the little girl. She looked as scared as the well-dressed man turns to her. His eyes turn to sky blue as he looks at her. He holds out his right hand for her to take, but she was scared. Her lips were trembling as the blood on her face slowly creeps down it. The wind blows through her long beautiful white hair that was stained with some of the blood of the guilty man. She seemed so terrified as she gets to her feet in shivers. She looks into his sky blue eyes as tears streamed down her face, and then she holds out arms as if she wants him to pick her up. This man picked her up with nothing to say. She rested her head on him, and started to cry with nothing else to say.

Chapter 1





There are the moments were being in the night class ruled, and …then not so much. It was like…living in hell, but then you see that hell has the funny moments. I don’t know why I put up with some of this hell hole, but I do. The day class isn’t even as much hell as the night class. They may love crowding around the gate (one of the gates we have; this one is where we enter or exit the main school, and then just follow our path to our dorms after eating), but that is nothing new. They all crowd because they just want to get glimpse at us and what not. That is the only hell they have unless you consider which ones want to date one of us here; then it’s a riot. Night class never has been to a school dance with the day class ever. Never in the history here, but in exactly two weeks…will this be the first time we are blending the two classes.

This means…more riots from the day class when it comes to taking somebody to the dance. As for the night class they’ll have to mind their manners when at the dance.


So far…this week: Monday: three boys got what was coming to them after they had a water balloon fight on campus (both were day class students; shock it was). Tuesday: five girls were put in detention for fighting over a guy in the night class. And today: news came three boys were suspended from the dance for starting a food fight in the cafeteria (day class students).

So…it’s like letting lose the tournament of hell. The night class has been good so far, and it’s a shock. We’ll see if the record stays as of being good, and no slip ups. The record is officially three days…and that’s something the night class can be proud of since it’s mostly the night class you hear about getting into trouble. Maybe it’s time to turn over a new leaf; after all they are the ones who wanted to go to the dance in two weeks. They asked the Headmaster and the leader of the night class…and on special terms it was agreed on. Shock…and I am still in shock that the agreement was made.



The day class uniform is simple just like the night class. Boys: a dark blue coat (black lining), black shirt (or white; sometimes they wear an undershirt on under instead of the shirt. That’s fine too as long as it’s black or white), black pants, and black shoes/boots. Girls wear the same coat (dark blue with black lining), a white or black shirt (tang top is fine too), a dark blue, or black skirt (they can also wear shorts as long as it’s the right color), and black shoes/boots.


The night class uniform- Boys: black coat (dark blue lining), black shirt or undershirt (no other color option for them), black pants, and black shoes/boots. As for the girls they wear the same coat (black with blue lining), a black shirt or tang top (no other option), black skirt (or shorts if they are black only), and black shoes/boots.


The only time we get to be out of uniform is when we are in our dorms, a school dance, going into town or even home for the vacation.

There are exactly 450 students in the day class, and only 456 students in the night class. I don’t know all the students in the night class, but I know most of them. They know me so well because of the one rule that stands very strong. If they break it…well then it’s just sucks to be them.




The night class students are not humans at all. They are all hush; hush about even though the day class knows the secret. It’s the only place in which vampires and humans can live in peace until they are graduated from this academy. I am the only human in the night class, but the day class doesn’t know that. They are vampires.

“Bailey…”
Bailey always comes to class late on Thursdays. I don’t know why on Thursdays, but it always lands on Thursdays. She’s 30 minutes late this time. Class started at 5:00pm; now it’s 5:30pm.

Bailey is a sweet girl, and very young too. She started to come here when I was ten years old. Back then she looked lost, and never was happy. But you could hardly tell now because she has a smile on her face every night. She has long brunette hair, black eyes, pale skin, thin, and always in her uniform when going to class.

“Here’s my pass.” she tells Eagan when she hands him the blue paper.


Eagan Knight is feared here, and he’s also the strongest too. He’s the oldest and wisest one here, but you wouldn’t be able to tell that. He looks so young for his age even though he’s really old. He is the leader of the night class. He has shaggy black hair, sky blue eyes, pale skin, thin, and he’s in his uniform.
“You were with the headmaster?” he asks her.
“Yes. My parents came to take a tour of the school, and make sure this is a fine place for me to be. Not that they’ll really care any ways; just pretending to care.” she tells him when she takes a seat on my left.

The thing about Bailey is she comes from a really rich family. Her father owns a company, and that company makes billions in just one day. Her mother also owns a company, and that makes only thousands in one day. Her parents don’t really know Bailey, and they don’t know the truth about her. They are humans, and don’t know she was turned into a vampire years back. That is why she is here…to cover up the truth from them. Her parents hardly care about her…and that is why they sent her here after finding her knocked on a street.
“I see.”
“They’ll…be in soon.” she tells him.
“Oh…in that case everybody…pretending you are doing something.” Eagan says when he opens his book to read.

“I assure you that you that Bailey is doing well in all her classes, and is in the best hands.” we hear the headmaster say in a little…some what joy.

Our headmaster isn’t the brightest, but he knows his s*** when it comes time to show it. A funny person he is, and he loves gardening. Sometimes I swear he was put in the wrong gender, but that’s beyond the point.

His name is Jonas Jones, and he’s 46 years old. He has bleach blond hair in a pony tail (not really a long one; if he was to let it down his hair would only reach his shoulders), sky blue eyes (he wears glasses), peach skin, thin, and he normally wears a white shirt, black pants, and black boots. When he has a meeting with other headmasters/headmistress then he wears his coat that represents the academy (which is a black coat with blue lining. It has a burning rose on the left sleeve and Jones on the right sleeve).

“Here we are at the classroom.” Jonas says when he takes a step in. We all keep pretending we are doing something.
“What are they doing?” The woman asks. That woman would be Bailey’s mother.
She has curly brown hair that goes to her elbows, brown eyes, peach skin, thin, and she wore a black dress that goes to her knees, and black heels.
The man would be her father. He has short gray hair, brown eyes, peach skin, thin, and he wore a black tuxedo, and black shinny shoes.
“They are doing homework. It’s a study hall.” Keagen says when he looks to them.
“You are?”
“I’m Keagen Knight…the teacher to the night class.” he says coldly.
“Bless your soul that you have to put up with my rebel daughter.” Bailey’s mother says with a small smile.
“Well…Mrs. Ginger…she’s been less of a rebel since she started here years back. Your daughter has changed, and I hope you do see that.” Keagen says when he shuts his book.
“So I’ll assume she has good grades then. In the high 90s’ I hope.” her father says coldly when he looks at Bailey.
“She’s a very bright thinker. You should be proud that she is the second best student in her class.”
“Good…better be nothing less.” he says coldly. The mother and father walk out of the room, and then Jonas walks out.

Poor Bailey…high expectations from the parents that don’t even really care. All they have done is pay for her to come here. They don’t even send her a Christmas card, or even a birthday card. They haven’t called her, or written her a letter. They just threw her in here without saying anything.

“Told you they wouldn’t really care.” Bailey says after six minutes.
“Yeah I can see that. Don’t worry about it.” Keagen says with a small smile.


We don’t really do much in the night class. All we do is …nothing. We just talk about whatever we feel like, and if Keagen is told to do a lesson then he has to. Even though there are questions I would love to ask…well it’s just not in my place to ask. It’s not part of my history, and it would not be fair if I asked. It is their history, and only for them to know. When they are having a history lesson I am sent to the library because it is the vampire history they learn.





I looked at Bailey after an hour. She kept writing in her blue notebook that she has been writing in for exactly four days now. Maybe it’s her new story that she is writing. She loves to write, and well I’ve read three of her books that she wrote so far. She writes amazing poems and short stories too. Don’t underestimate her. She wants to become a famous writer one day. I know it’ll happen knowing Bailey will go for it.


“Jaylyn Rosalyn.” Keagen says when he looks at me.
“Yes Keagen?”
“What are you doing?” he asks. I looked down at my blank sheet.
“Nothing.” I tell him after looking back to him.
“Don’t you have an essay to write? You are the only one I have no received it from.”
“No…I did it yesterday after dinner.” I tell him.
“Really now?”
“I did.”
I pulled out my black binder from beneath the chair, and then flipped through it until I found the three page essay I wrote. I got up, and walked up to him, and set it down on the desk.
“Told you so.” I tell him when I walk back to my desk.
“Ducks that have teeth to eat people, and the robots?” Keagen asks. I hear students giggling…especially Bailey.
“…”
“So…you wrote your essay trying to convince me…that ducks can…grow teeth to eat animals, and people. That robots are real in the outer space?” he asks in concern when I hear more giggling.
“You said I could try to convince you on anything I wanted. Why not use the imagination for once?” I tell him.
“Jaylyn…there is a reason why they named the class what they named it.” he tells me.
“But…”
“This is not real. You can’t convince anybody that this is real. Especially the robots that zap dogs with a laser from outer space. That will never happen in a million years.”
“But you said anything will go. And I wrote a three page essay on both sides of the argument while completing the task. I stated what I was trying to convince the reader that could…possibly be true. I have a sweet intro, a good body that has both sides of the argument. Science part and the non science part. I have evidence that is not fully true, and science evidence that could make it be. Then I summed it up in one conclusion that does not repeat the intro. That is the task…and I did it. Plus the fact science is changing everyday…so who knows if we create robots, and one of them so happens to go to outer space. Or the evolution theory on the ducks. You never know…it could happen. I developed an essay, and it has all the requirements. It took me two hours to write that, and another to recheck everything, and another hour to write the final. I don’t want to hear it.”
“We’ll see what kind of grade you’ll get; I guess I‘ll let this one slid on by. I’m sure Jonas will be laughing his ass off like I am while he reads it.” Keagen says when he starts reading the second page to it.
“Score one for me.” I tell him.
“No…you don’t win at all.” he says.
“I’m incant.”
“Sure you are.” he says when I see a smirk form on his lips. I could see he was trying to hold in the laughter as he keeps reading it. He never laughs. He never shows any happy emotion.

And…tonight was the first time anybody…including me has ever seen the amusement in his eyes, and on his lips. He covers his mouth as he keeps laughing; he was holding the laughter in. Keagen keeps reading, and reading. The more he read the more it was harder for him to hold it in. when he was done he sets the essay down, and then…he could no longer hold it. It shocked us all as he laughs. He was laughing so hard I thought he was going to die of the laughter.
“What did you put in there?” Bailey asks me after 5 minutes. Keagen was still laughing.
“I put a bunch of b.s, and I didn’t really follow the guidelines. Just made sure I had the requirements.” I tell her.
“Oh…”
“Like how the dogs turned into hot dogs, or how the cows turned into talking orange juice from the laser beams from the robots in outer space. Or how the ducks that almost killed the President of The United States until a robot’s laser turned into a talking pig. Just… a bunch of b.s.” I say.
“Got it.” she says when Keagen finally stops laughing.

“Jaylyn…why?” he asks me when holds up my essay. His joyful smile disappeared to a straight face.
“Here…here’s my real essay. I was trying to make you laugh.”
“I can see that since you put in big bold letters after your conclusion.” he says.
“I’m stubborn like that. I told you I would get you to laugh someday Mr. Serious. You lost your bet. Hand over the 150 dollars.” I tell him when I walked up with my right essay. He takes my right essay, and hands me back the essay that made him laugh so hard.

“I would…but I don’t have 150 dollars today. Try again later.”
“I’ll get you one way or the other.” I tell him.
“And Jonas just had to make you my problem.” he says when I walked back to my desk.
“You’re the one who--”
“Enough.” he says coldly.

I look at my blank paper, and still could think of nothing to write. Not that I needed to since we won’t have another homework assignment until Jonas needs to see that we are learning at least…something.
The night class always starts at 5pm, and ends at 6am. At 6am that’s when the day class starts after we clear the main building. They end at 4:45pm. We don’t go out until 4:55pm. It’s just the way our system is. You’ll hear them complaining about homework because they get more home work then we do. Night class eats breakfast at 3pm, lunch at midnight, and dinner at 7am. Day class eats breakfast at 5am, lunch at noon, and dinner at 7pm.

Chapter 2 (Friday) “Alright everybody I know the weekend is coming, and you can’t wait.” Keagen says when he looks at us as the hour grew near to dismissing us for the weekend. “But we have to talk about what is to come next week.” “The dance is Friday!” shouts a boy. “Yes I know that. Which means the day class will be in much of a riot, and what not. So behave, and let’s not break our good record we have going on. And if you choose to go to the dance with one of them…then at least have you manners, and no turning them, and what not. If you so break the agreement…I’ll personally kick your ass. Jonas trusts me that you’ll all behave.” he says with a scowl when he looks at a certain girl. “Some of us don’t know how to dance.” says a boy shyly. “Do not fear… Jonas can fix that because he wants me to quote teach you the manners, and proper way of dancing before the day class notices, and then you’ll make a fool out of yourself. End quote from Jonas.” “Oh…” “If you get hungry…just say you have to go to the bathroom, and leave. If you don’t return in 15 minutes I’ll have to come get you.” Keagen says when he looks at me. “So…starting Monday…bring your manners so we can skip it. Remember no class on Friday…and that even means no class on Friday for the day class too. So…be on your guard that day.” he says. They all just nodded. We were dismissed, and I walked next to Keagen as I gripped my black binder hard. The day class students were crowded around the gate like always. They were smiling and everything else as four students were holding them back. Four girls scowl at me as I keep up with Keagen. There wasn’t much to think about except the wrong impressions the girls will always have of me and Keagen. You have the rumor that we are dating which is false. Keagen…nope not dating him at all. I could never date him. He’s like a father to me ever since he saved my life years back. He teaches me, and gives me advice. He’s my hero, but also like a father. And I’m sure he thinks of me as his own daughter because he’s protective of me. When I was five years old I was so happy even though I didn’t have much. My father worked on six jobs, and my mother worked on four in the winter time. In the summer time it was the farm. Winter always hit the hardest because you couldn’t grow anything then. All you could do was wait for a miracle to happen even though we didn’t have much hope. I would sit home by myself and read Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare all day long. I would reread it every time I finished. My favorite it was. One winter day a lonely man who was so filthy looking knocked on our door. He looked lost, and confused. There was no hope burning in his eyes. Only depression and sadness could be seen. He had greasy curly hair, brown eyes, filthy peach skin, thin to the bone, and he was pretty much wearing rags ( a black torn shirt, gray torn up jeans, and worn out black boots). Homeless maybe, but we couldn’t really say. Nor did we ask him. His name was John Smithson. He was at age 45, and had no clue where his family was. So we agreed to take him for just the winter since we know just how harsh the winter was. Just to try and live through it was a pain. Mother made him some new clothes, and even a coat, and a pair of socks. We gave him a hot bath, nice meals, and all. He seemed so truly grateful for. He even seemed to love hearing the stories my father told of the past as we sat around the fire. John Smithson is the reason why I don’t celebrate Christmas anymore. I don’t even celebrate my own birthday because of that sick mother f*er. On Christmas Eve I should have been dead just like my parents. Turned out he was a vampire that was underweight. He sucked all the blood out of my parents, and then he had turned to me with those hungry red eyes. There were no emotions in his eyes. Not even a hint of remorse, and depression. No…they had all vanished when he killed my parents. I ran out of the house in my nightgown. I didn’t even wear boots, and a coat. Just ran for my life as if nothing. The snow was so deep that it made running seem impossible. With tears running down my face I just kept going even though the blanket of snow seemed endless. I finally tripped and sure enough John was behind me without fail. He seemed amused as I kept crying. But then… when I closed my eyes when I thought it was all over a miracle happened. When I opened my eyes John was on his knees in pain. Blood hit my face, and hair; then he just…shattered into black ashes. I looked up to see Keagen. He was dressed in the academies uniform that he still wears today. He still looks the same today. He held out his hand even though I was so scared. I watched his red eyes turn to sky blue in a matter of seconds. I got up as the wind brushed through my long white hair. I was so scared I didn’t know what to think, and do. I felt paralyzed and defenseless for the first time ever. I could have ran from him, but it was so cold, and I was so scared. I knew I could die if I ran still. So I held out my arms, and he picked me up. I started to cry like a baby after resting my head on his shoulder. I had woke up curled up under a black blanket. I could hear voices talking as I poked my head out from beneath the blanket. I saw Keagen standing there talking to Jonas (Jonas still looks the same today). My coughing gave it away that I was awake. Keagen walks over to me as I sat up on the black sofa. I didn’t remember much except the fact he saved me. Keagen sits next to me, and I looked at him with a blank expression. I sneezed in his face, and then I giggled. For no reason I had giggled. “I’m Keagen…who are you?” he asks me. “…” “Will you please talk to me?” Keagen had said smoothly. I saw the one thing I loved eating best in the summer time, chocolate. I let my feet touch the floor, and it was cold until I got use to it. I walked over to Jonas, and took his chocolate bar from his right hand. Ran back to the sofa, and under that black blanket. Keagen lifted it up, and he smiles at me as I give him a guilty look. I held out the chocolate bar to him because I thought he was going to take it away. “Eat it if you are hungry. It’ll make you feel less dizzy.” he says calmly. I ate it with no regrets after he let the blanket hide me once more. I peeked out, and Keagen chuckles at me. Rested my head on his lap, and then just fell into a deep slumber. I didn’t wake up until three days later. Still didn’t talk to him even as I held his hand when we walked to class (the night class). Back then it was so much smaller then what is now. They all looked at me as I walked in. Thought they were all going to eat me…so I hid behind Keagen. After four weeks…I said “Jaylyn Rosalyn.” That scared Keagen when I said my name like that. He looked so surprised I didn’t know what to do. “Welcome to the Night Rose Academy Jaylyn. This is where you’ll live for now…here with us.” he had said. I just hugged him tightly, and looked up at him with this big smile. After that it’s always been like home to me. Never will forgive vampires, but Keagen taught me that not all vampires are bad. That for every bad vampire there is a good one out there. Just because they have been around for a very long time doesn’t mean they live forever. He even says that one day he’ll die…but that is when he is declared unfit to carry out life process. How does one know? I don’t know, and Keagen will not tell me. Won’t until I am ready to know the dark truths about them. “You seem to be thinking a lot lately.” Keagen tells me when we reached the dorms. “Should it matter?” I ask him. “To me…yes. What are you thinking about?” he asks when the gate opens. “Nothing.” “Jaylyn.” he says in a warning way. “Not fair Keagen.” I tell him when we start to walk towards the dorm entrance. “You can’t hide it from me.” “I’m a teen now…not some child anymore. I can handle my own thoughts without you.” I tell him coldly. Couldn’t believe I just said that to him. Out of all people…him. Oh dear lord I hope he don’t hound on me later. I went to my room with nothing to say to him…and nor did he say anything to me. When dinner came around I didn’t see him. This is odd because he always comes to dinner. I pushed it off, and kept eating my fruit. “Hey Jaylyn.” I looked up to see Bret Ross. He loves tap dancing, and playing the trumpet. He’s really good at it. He also plays the piano, and the harp. But that is just about it. His father and mother are vampires…just like the rest of his family. I am not allowed to know what his father does because it’s something I can’t learn about yet. But whatever it is…well his father is proud of him no matter what. Bret has shaggy blond hair, hazel eyes (but right was red because he was drinking blood in a cup), pale skin, thin, and tonight he wore a white shirt, black sweat pants, and brown shoes. “So…a how are you doing?” “If Keagen sent you to check up on me…I’m going to kill you both.” I tell him in a warning when he sits across from me. “No…not at all. I haven’t seen Keagen since you stood up to him, and told him you were a teen and not some child.” “Oh…I am sure I’ll hear it later from him anyways.” I tell him. “No s***. But anyways…would you like to go to the dance with me as friends?” “What?” “Please with a cherry on top? ” “Friends…nothing more you promise?” I ask. “Promise. The vampire code is no dating humans, and you are a human. As much as I would love to be your boyfriend…I can‘t because you are human.” “Alright I’ll go with you as a friend.” I tell him. “Thank you!” he says with a smile. “…” Bret leaves with joy as he hums a song I didn’t know. Maybe some song back in the 1950s’ since he was turned into a vampire in 1950 (he was 19 years old then). I left after finishing my meal. I must have caught the end of the conversation for all I heard Keagen yell in such anger “You can go tell King Flex to go screw it! I won’t do it!” A man came out, and he closes the door calmly. He has short brown hair, black eyes, pale skin, thin, and he wore all black. He held onto a red envelope with a tight grip. He looks at me after walking towards me a little. “Don’t touch her or you die.” I hear Keagen say when the man had stopped in front of me. “Better learn fast…for your sake.” he whispers to me. In a blink of an eye he had vanished into thin air. I walked over to Keagen and hugged him. “That was Dante…the royal massager. No need to fear him.” Keagen tells me after sensing my fear of Dante (the man who told me I needed to learn quickly). “Why did he tell me I needed to learn quickly for my sake?” I ask him when I look up into his eyes. “Don’t worry Jaylyn…nothing is going to happen to you. I promise.” he says smoothly. “Pinky swear?” I ask. He nods yes.

Chapter 3











In came Monday, and well all hell started. It was sort of funny as the boys struggle to learn manners. Then in came Tuesday, and Wednesday as we all struggled to learn dancing, but we got there. On Thursday all review for tomorrow night.

I went to town on Friday morning. I looked at the bakery as I could smell the fresh bread that just had been cooked. It must be nice living here. Waking up to the smell of the bakery, and even hearing the school children (the ones that go to the public school) laughing as they run to the school. Or how everybody seemed to great you with a smile and a good morning when you come walking on the streets.
“How may I help you?” asks the lady when I had walked into the dress store.
She has long blond hair, sky blue eyes, tan skin, thin, and she wore a nice blue dress, and black heels.
“I’m looking for a dress.” I tell her with a smile.
“You are one of the night class students are you not?” she asks.
“I am. I’m Jaylyn.” I tell her.
“I’m Emma. I can tell you are not use to the day. Plus you are tired at this hour.”
“At least I slept for an hour before coming.” I joke a little when I look at the clock. It was ten am. I slept from 8 to 9, and got ready to come to town. Made it here at ten.
“That’s good. Do you have a dress in mind?”
“Not really. It’s my first dance with the day class students tonight.”
“Who are you going with?” she asks.
“Bret Ross.” I tell her.
“He’s not too picky…honestly he’s not.” she tells me.
“You know him?” I ask a little shocked when she takes my hand.
“Yes I do. I made his tuxedo for his mother’s wedding in 1965.”
“So you are…”
“Yes…but I won’t hurt you. I have known Bret for a very long time. He’s not picky at all. Let’s find you a dress Rosalyn that will just make all the boys jealous that Bret got to go with you.” she says with a smile.
“Alright.” I tell her with a smile.
She has me stand in a mirror in a private room. I was in my bra, and underwear since she was making the dress right there.
“How about…this material?” she asks. It was a very nice smooth material. Silk on one side, but it was normal material on the other side.
“That’s really cool. I like that one the best.”
“Silk on the outside or inside?”
“What’s best for a tub top?” I ask her.
“Outside unless you want me to make it so you can have on both sides.”
“Really? We can do both sides?” I ask her.
“Yeah.”
“Didn’t know that. Whatever would be best?” I tell her.
“Outside. Makes it easier on my job.” she tells me.
“Alright.” I agree.
“Now…to find the color that will go best. Let’s see…white hair and black eyes.” she says when she looks at me.
She brings out black and red cloth. She has me wrap up in the red, and I did so. She just nods no. Then it was the black. She nods yes. She measures my waist line, and my height.
“Stay here…I‘m going to cheat a little now seeing black suits you best.”
“Like I’m going anywhere in…these...clothing.” I tell her.

She came back in with a very beautiful black tub top dress that maybe would go to the floor if I was to try it on. It had beautiful yellow roses going down the right breast until reaching the silk ribbon that was sewed on the hip part.
“Try this on. Silk on the outside, and inside.” she tells me.
It was a perfect fit for me after she zipped it up in the back. It didn’t’ even fall off. It dragged on the ground just a little, but not a whole lot.
“I’m so happy!” she says with joy when I look at myself in the mirror.
“This dress it is.” I tell her with a smile.
“My mother made that dress in 1990. It’s the only dress of its kind…and to tell the truth…my mother won’t even let me make another dress like that. I honor my mother‘s wish of that. So I never make them.”
“Oh…”
“Do you want it?” she asks.
“I love it. It’s so beautiful, and all.” I tell her.
“You can have it.”
“You sure?”
“My mother told me to find a girl who I knew would be perfect for it, and I would know would take good care of it. I trust it be you anyways.” Emma says with a joy.
“Thanks Emma. You’re the best.” I tell her.
“No need to pay for it.” she tells me.
“Why not?” I ask her after she helps me out of it.
“Because of my mother. She never put a price on her work because she believed her work was for everybody. I follow in her footsteps. And since this is her work…no money. No money on any of my dresses, and tuxedos at all. It’s why people come to me. Not only am I am the best, but I free. They donate to keep this place open because I not only do that but make clothes for the poor.”
“Oh…well then…I’m donating 100 dollars to keep this open.” I tell her.
“Alright.” she says when she puts the dress in a bag.
“…”

I thanked her once more, and off I went. I went back to the academy, and to my room. I slept until an hour before the dance. I woke up at 6:30pm, and took a long shower. Blow dried my hair, and straightened it out. Then slipped into my dress after getting Bailey. She zipped it up, and then went back to her room to get ready. I put on my black flat shoes that looked nice for any kind of occasion (dress shoes except no heel). I put on my eyeliner, and then my mascara. It was 7:15pm when I was all done. And to tell the truth…I was the only one at the dorm since everybody else had gotten ready earlier. I arrived at 7:20pm.


“There you are!” Jonas says with joy when I walk to the entrance of the building. We have a different building where dances are held.
“I’m here…” I say shyly when I see Keagen.
“Thought you were not coming. I was ready to come check on you.” Keagen says.
“Well…no need. I made it.” I tell him.
“Yeah…like 20 minutes late.” he says.
“Well…I am a lady, and ladies like taking their time. Especially if they are lazy, sleepy, and a human like me.” I tell him.
“Either way you look beautiful.” Jonas tells me.
“Thanks Jonas.”
“Ready?” Keagen asks me.
“I’m Bret’s date tonight.” I tell Keagen.
“I know.”
“How?”
“Because he told me when he asked if I knew if you were ditching him tonight by not even bothering to come.”
“Oh.” when I walk with Keagen. Jonas follows behind us.
We entered, and man did I get some scowls from the girls.
I found Bret sitting there in a lonely chair. He looks up at me when I stopped in front of him. A slow song comes on, and I held out my hand.
“You look amazing tonight.” he tells me when he gets up.
“So do you in your black tuxedo.”
“Want to dance?” he asks me.
“Yeah…I do.”

He puts his hands on my hips, and I put my hands on his shoulders. We started to dance slowly as the girls looked shocked. They sort of started to whisper as they moved away.
“Why do they care what I do?” I ask him.
“Because you are mostly around Keagen. Like it or not…they talk about you and Keagen a lot.”
“Oh.”
“And you managed to piss off the girls that have been trying so hard to get me in the day class.” he says.
“I expected them to be pissed off. Now they can try and get Keagen.”
“Except Keagen came with Bailey.”
“Wow.”
“As friends. He didn’t want the day class girls to be crowding him tonight…so he asked Bailey to come as friends. And since there is a nerd wanting her in the day class and he wouldn’t really leave her alone she agreed.”
“I see.”
“The night class is with the night class. This is pissing off the day class at the moment. They’ll get over it.”
“I see.”
“So…a…what do you want to do after this dance?” he asks.
“Get something to eat. I skipped out on lunch. I was sleeping.”
“Oh. Guess we can…sort of do that. You eat, and I’ll talk. Fair?”
“Sounds like a good compromise.”
After the slow song he buys me a slice of pizza, and a bottle of water. He talks about some of his child hood memories as I ate the pizza. He tempted to do the Cotton Eye Joe dance. Failed miserably, but I got my good laugh at it.

The DJ wanted Bret to do tap dancing. So, Bret got Keagen up on the stage, and we all watched them do some tap dancing. We were all in shock (both the day, and night class) that Keagen could do tap dancing. They dragged me, and Bailey up on the stage, and we danced with them when the Russian Sailor dance came on.
The last song was a slow dance, and I didn’t really feel like dancing. Bret and I took a long walk, but due to his really good hearing we knew when the song be over. We came back when there was only two seconds to spare.
He walks with me back to the dorm, and then to my room. Says good night, and I told him I had fun. Then he left.



(Monday 5pm)
“Hope everybody had some fun Friday.” Keagen says when he looks at us.
“Didn’t know you could tap dance Keagen.” Bailey says with a smile.
“Well…I’ve…picked up a few things here and there in my Irish days.” he says when he sits down.
“You were in Ireland?” Bret asks him.
“I was for a short period of my time.”
“Oh.”
“Pop quiz.” he says.
“Not again.” Bret says.
“Not one we grade.” he says when the door closes.
“Oh…that’s good.” Bailey says with a small smile.
“What time was the first group of natural vampires born?” he asks.
“Shouldn’t I go to the library?” I ask him.
“No…you are going to learn now. About the history and all.” he tells me.
“Oh…okay.” I tell him.
“Bret…since you didn’t read out of your book this weekend…when was it?”
“476AD…also known as the Dark Ages.”
“Wrong…but close. Very close…you want to change that?”
“So I would have been right if I said 475AD?” he says.
“That’s right; looks as if you paid attention in class. 475Ad. Just before the Dark Ages started.” he says.
“But how do you know when they were born?” I ask.
“King Flex was the first male to be born in 475AD, sometime in the spring. of that time period. The first to be born was a female…and many more females, but King Flex was the first male. He’s the only one who stands from the first group of vampires. That is how we know…and that is why he is king.”
“Oh…I see.”
“Next question…Nadia.”
Nadia has long blond hair, sky blue eyes, pale skin, thin, and she’s in her uniform. She loves ice cream.
“When was the second group born of the naturals?”
“1475AD.” she says coldly.
“Good job.” he says.
“Bailey…your turn since you are doodling in your notebook.”
She looks up with a small smile.
“The first vampire riot. Tell me everything you know about it. Go.”
“1505 AD.”
“Go on…”
“Some time in the spring. It brought on fear among the humans. There was about 3000 natural vampires at the time. They ended up turning 4678 humans into vampires. King Flex killed all 3000 natural vampires. The 4678 vampires were spared as long as they learned their place. They did so, and a new law was passed from this riot. No more natural vampires were allowed to be born…if so the mother and father would be killed along with the child. Only the king was allowed to have a natural born child if needed an heir to the throne. So they could only adopt children, and make them vampires.”
“Good.”
“Are you not a natural born too?” Bret asks Keagen.
“I am.”
“So you were born before this law was passed?” Nadia asks.
“No I was not.”
“But…then should you be dead?”
“I should be, but I am not.”
“Why did he spare your life?” I ask him in confusion.
“Me, and my twin brother were the only vampires to enter in that year because of the fear. Devil’s number is 666. Our mother does not count…she was forced to be one. She was rapped by my father who was a vampire from the second group. He found my mother after she had ran…and turned her into a vampire. She was two months in then. King Flex found out when she was eight months. We were born on June 6th, at six pm, 1616. Our mother died after having us…and my father was quickly eliminated. You wouldn’t know it now, but King Flex back then had a heart. He let us live.”
“…”
“We were put into a home, and when we were five all hell broke loose when we started to crave for blood in 1621. So to cover up the fact we were naturals…the foster family was slaughtered by vampires, and we were so called…turned. King Flex took us, and told us everything. No vampire hunter knows…only the vampires know the truth about us two.”
“I see.” Bret says.
“My twin and I are the last natural born vampires until King Flex chooses to have a child.”
“Why is Jaylyn learning this? It’s disturbing having a human learn this stuff.” Nadia tells Keagen.
“It’s not orders that I can ignore. It is orders from the king himself.” he says coldly.
“You mean…she’s going to be the first human to…”
“Yes Bailey.”
At our lunch break Keagen gives me a book, and tells me to start studying before next month. During the rest of the ‘day’ I kept reading until we had to go back to our dorms.

I had learned so much. The second oldest natural born is Dimitri Brooklyns. He will take the thrown if King Flex doesn’t have a child by the time he dies, and doesn’t have a will. Dimitri came from the 3rd group of natural vampires, and that third group is also known as the last because King Flex killed everybody from the third. Only Dimitri was speared because he was only 4 years old. The only one who was spared in the third group. King Flex took him in. Dimitri was to be the last natural born vampire, but that’s when sixth month, the sixth day, and the sixth hour came in 1616. Keagen’s real name is Vince Brooks, and his twin brother is Greg Brooks. Their father belonged to the largest vampire family made; The Brooks. They had 899 vampires in the family until King Flex took each of them down in 1617 when they tried to kidnap Keagen, and Greg. So …no more does The Brooks family stand except the twins.
I also learned that there were only four vampire V.R.S vampire wars so far. That each war got bloodier then the next. The first war was 1621. That means Keagen, and his brother would be five then. The second war happened in 1626...so they would have been ten. The third war was 1631...they would have been 15 years old. And the last and final war was 1636...they would have been 20 years old. During the first war…vampire hunters were forming. In the second and third war vampire hunters were at their bloodiest times; which means they were interfering with the war. The forth war they were not much of a problem because they stayed out of it. To prevent such wars happening again King Flex gave power over some of the people in different regions, but they all answered, and obeyed King Flex. There is 230 kingdoms that follow King Flex’s orders, and laws. They help keep the balance so he’s not taking on all the riots, and cases of the criminal activity.

But when I learned about the ranks, I was shocked.

King Flex rules over all…of course. Then you have the Death Angel. He or she is second in command when King Flex is not available. They are Death Angel for life…so they cannot be king even if they are stronger then king. The only way they could take the thrown is if they kill the king, or heir. They have the most responsibility out of the rest of the chain of command. There is only one Death Angel, and the reason why they call that person Death Angel is because they choose who lives and dies. Who can’t carry out the life process? They have to keep track of all the living, and what category they are in. They can read any vampire’s mind…and vampire hunter for sure. They know where every vampire is, and what kind of ability they have. Using this knowledge they send out the skilled ones if King Flex doesn’t want that person to do it themselves. They are stronger than the other ranks. They also assigned missions to the others, and tell them what to do. They have the authority…and all. All vampires fear Death Angel. They have a gold pin that is worn on their shirt or coat. It is only a skull. They have the tattoo of a skull with a red rose in its mouth.

Going down the rank from Death Angel is The Legendary Four. They are third in command if both King Flex and Death Angel is not there. But that’s rarer. Only four of them can be in this rank. The Legendary Four are deadly like the Death Angel, and they are greatly feared. Together the four of them are deadly. Said to be the next four that are the strongest after the King, and Death Angel. Only one of them can become King if the king doesn’t have an heir, and only one of them can become the Death Angel if something was to happen to the king. They are The Legendary Four until one becomes king, Death Angel, or death. Whoever becomes one of them…they find another to fill that person’s shoes. They do the dirty work that Death Angel doesn’t do most of the time. They kill the vampires that cannot carry out life process. They give a list to the vampire hunters when they are done with the other list that they are given. They can’t do it alone…so that’s were vampire hunters come into play. They also help turn down riots when the king, or Death Angel tells them to. They are also good in war too. No vampire would like a visit from them. Sometimes the four of them are split up with different missions (not always killing a vampire). Their pin is a gold heart. Their tattoo is a midnight blue heart with a gray needle going through it (diagonally).


Going down the chain of commands is the Day Watchers. There are loads of them, but there is a main captain for them. They are vampires who keep count of the humans. They come out during the day, and night. They don’t ever sleep, and eat once a month. They are not allowed to use their powers unless they are given permission from the Legendary Four, Death Angel, and King. They are very powerful. They eat once a month. These are vampires who have trained themselves to stay up 24/7, eat once a month, and hold in their powers. They are the blenders, and the watchers. They count the population of humans that live in a single village, the ones that die, and the ones that are just travelers. They even count the hobos that come and go. They count the vampires that come, the ones that have been destroyed on accident, the ones who seem to be acting strange, and the passing by vampires. Their jobs are never done though. They don’t just count. They go on spying missions that are given to them since they don’t sleep ever unless badly injured. They command the last major rank that has no authority over anybody. They give missions that they seek fit for them. Their pin is just a gold heart with an eye carved in it. Their tattoo is a red heart with an eye in it.



The last major rank is part of the army. They do not have a say over the rest (the vampires that hold no rank; like the commoners). The army belongs to King Flex, and he can send out troops any time he wishes. But this rank in the military is far more dangerous than the Day Watchers, but not The Legendary Four, Death Angel, and King Flex. They are the most dangerous part of the military, and they are always feared more than the Day Watchers. They call them The Peace Makers. They are trained for one purpose and purpose only. To not only protect the king until they are dead, but they are the ones who risk it all. They take down the vampires that are the strongest in riots and in wars (if a war was to break out). They are trained to never sleep, and they eat only when they are attacking in riots, and in wars. If there hasn’t been a riot, or war in a certain amount of time they are allowed to eat. They can go the longest without a single drop of blood. They pledge themselves to protect the kingdom, and above all…the king until death. They attack with full force, and without mercy. They never miss when attacking directly. In other words…if you are planning to attack the thrown…you best think again. They are indeed the heart of the military. When the Day Watchers think they are done attacking the strongest vampires in the riot…then it is then that they send in the army to attack. Their pin is a gold arrow. Their tattoo is a midnight blue rose going diagonally, and then a brown arrow going diagonally (so it form an x).

Below the army you have a commoner which means nothing. Because you are like the army, but no say. The armies along with The Peace Makers have no say. So that blows. So if you are in a riot…just be thankful if you make it out alive. At least you know it’s very rarer to face off against a Day Watcher.

Very interesting it is …but it just makes me sick that such a task should lie on one’s shoulders. Like the Death Angel who has to choose who is in what category, and needs to be eliminated. But then I guess it is the balance of their world. Just like everything else in this world that has its own balance.

But then I wonder if vampires have feelings, and emotions. I never seen Keagen flinch from a horror movie, nor have I seen him cry. The laughter yes, but I wonder if it was a true emotion. I have seen him pissed off, and angered so bad that he breaks things if he doesn’t wish to harm you. But I wonder if he ever has the true emotion. And never have I seen Keagen love. I wonder if Keagen pretends to love me as if I was his own daughter. But I won’t ever know because it is only for vampires to know. If they have emotions I am sure it spills out later when there is nobody to hear them, or see them. That they have learned to hold it all in. Or how Nadia claims she is in love with another vampire. But these are all just things I will never know. Vampires know humans, but we don’t truly know them. Nature I guess. Just the way things turn out in life. Funny isn’t it? I won’t push my luck in knowing.

Chapter 4
















“You okay?” Keagen asks me when I came walking in the classroom about an hour late. I look at him as I set the history book of vampires down on my desk, and then my notebook. I didn’t say a word.
“So you be nice to her when she’s late without a pass! Unfair!” Bailey says when she crosses her arms.
“Enough Bailey.” Keagen says coldly when he looks at me.
“What are we doing?” I ask him shyly.
“Are you okay?”
“Yes…now what the hell are we doing?”
“Page 123 in your text book.” he tells me.
“The Dark Vampire Time?” I ask before opening it.
“You read…that?” he asks in shock when he leans forward.
“I did…before I ate dinner last night. It made me sick to my stomach. Started in the June of 1740and ended sometime in December of 1800. This is the time that holds the bloodiest riots of all times. All because of laws that were made to protect the vampire hunters. Vampires didn’t like that. Peace was restored finally in December 1800 when King Flex showed his true colors. Two thousand Day Watchers died, four million Peace Makers were killed in action, four thousand Peace Makers went missing in action, two of The Legendary Four died, and the Death Angel was killed also. The army…the number of soldiers killed reached to three thousand. Vampire hunters who were helping King Flex restore order…their number of deaths was five thousand if you count in the ones who killed themselves after being bitten by a vampire. Nobody part of the riots lived to see another day.” I tell him.
“True. Anything else you want to share about that time period?” he asks.
“It’s sick, and you know it.” I tell him coldly.
“What else happened?” Bret asks in concern.
“The ones who sparked riots they turned their victims that were humans inside out. They even hung a preacher from a roof with his organs hanging out of him. They would hang human heads on the doors to their family, or even send their eyeballs to the beloved family ones. They would eat them after cooking them. There was no need for it, but they did so. The males would rap the female humans before killing them. It didn’t matter what age they were…no younger than seven though. They smashed babies, burned villages, and ate other incant vampires that didn’t need to die. Can I go now?” I say coldly when I look at the text book.
“Her words are true. That is what happened in The Dark Vampire Time. It is the cruelest time period we have ever faced in vampire history. The rebels that would riot called themselves Hell Hunters. They were never so merciful. You should all be thanking god you were never around in that time. The laws that protect Vampire Hunters still is in effect today. Vampires are not allowed to kill Vampire Hunters for no reason at all…if they do so they face their own fate of death delivered to them by the Death Angel himself.”
“And you are correct Vince. The most horrific period, the bloodiest, and be thankful they were never alive then. And that the Death Angel delivers the death to them if they kill Vampire Hunters. They can only be found dead if they were on a mission to kill one who can no longer carry out life.” we hear a deep chilling voice say. We all looked to the door to see a man who looked so young.

He has short black hair, brown eyes, pale skin, thin, and he wore a black coat (has a red rose on the left sleeve, and on the collar has a gold pin that was a heart), and blue jeans that he steps on with his black boots.
“Dimitri Brooklyns…what the hell brings you here?” Keagen asks coldly when he takes a few steps in the classroom.
“Don’t worry Keagen…I’m not here to challenge you because King Flex himself told me if I harmed you he’d kill me for sure. That goes the same for you.” he says coldly.
“You know I won’t go along with his wishes when it comes to you Dimitri. So state your business and be gone.”
“I’m here to kill a certain vampire who is a threat to the throne.”
“Threat?” he asks in concern.
“Well…I’m not killing her at least…but King Flex will when he’s through with her. I’ve been sent here to get a girl who has been plotting for months. We have her companions in custody already. Don’t worry Keagen…she’ll die quickly with no pain to feel.” he says coldly.
“None of my students are evil.” Keagen says.
“Oh? Why don’t you ask Nadia and her friend Bailey yourself?”
“Wh…what? You mother fucker!” Bailey yells at Nadia.
“What did I do?” Nadia says to her when Bailey gets up. Three more men without pins came in, and handed Keagen two papers.
“By the power of Death Angel, and King Flex himself…Nadia, and Bailey will be eliminated for the contempt to do murder, and do harm on the king. You two are under arrest, and will face all charges to the max. Arrest them.” Dimitri says when Keagen looks at them in shock. He didn’t know what to say.
“She never told me…” Bailey says in hear when the two men grabbed hold of Bailey.
“I got you back Bailey.” Nadia says coldly. “Now we both die.”
“You…you’re so sick!” she yells at Nadia when Dimitri grabs hold of Nadia with the other man.
“You two girls can chat, and argue later when we get to King Flex. As of now…you are both guilty on all accounts because the evidence was found.” Dimitri says coldly.
“I don‘t know about any of this I swear!” Bailey yells in fear as tears stream down her face.
“Too late for that.” Dimitri says when they get them to the door.

We all looked at Keagen as he sits down in his chair. He looks at us, and then to the papers that were handed to him.
“Are those…the warrants for their arrest?” I asks scared.
“It is why I didn’t stop them.” he says coldly.
(Dinner time)

It just wasn’t the same without those two. Normally they would be the ones we could hear laughing, but now there is no laughter to be heard any where in this hell hole. Just talk of the history lesson today, and the fear that Bailey might not get off due to Nadia’s actions.
“Is it true Keagen?” I ask sadly when I push my salad around the bowl once more.
“What?” he says.
“That when a vampire that is your friend or family or lover dies that you can hear this sad melody?” I ask in sadness.
“Where did you hear that?” he asks.
“A long time ago before you entered my life.” I tell him in sadness.
“It’s true…I won’t lie. But I don’t know if it counts for you. You are human…not a vampire. The melody is only heard by vampires that are close to the ones that die.”
“Do you…ever hear it?” I ask him.
“Not anymore I don’t. I hope I won’t for a long time.” he says softly.
“And…when vampires are married is it the same? Except the melody seems to be sweet, and happy?”
“Yes…all vampires…close or not hear it.”
“So…all the vampires hear it?”
“Yes.”
“ I see.”


I woke up at 2pm when I could hear this sad, soft melody. It was humming, but it sounded so beautiful, but sad. A melody that you could hum and I didn’t know it. But I knew it was so sad, and it made me cry. I wonder if I’ll see Bailey’s smile in my dreams ever again.


(5:20pm)



“Jaylyn…you’ve been staring out that window for 20minutes now.” Bret whispers to me. I look at him with this blank look. He had concern in his eyes.
“I…I’m fine.” I tell him in a whisper.
“Homework will be due at six…and you haven’t written anything down.” he says in a whisper.
“I…I’ll be okay for time.” I tell him in a whisper when I look at my sheet that had questions on it.
“If there is something you want to talk about…I’m right here. You know you can always talk to me about anything.” he whispers to me.
“I…know.” I tell him.

I did my home work, and got that done at 5:45pm. I looked out the wind to see some of the leaves blow in the wind.
(Lunch time)
“Come…I think we need to take a walk.” Keagen says after putting his hand on my left shoulder. I look up at him, and then just got up when Bret looks at me in concern from a nearby table.

“Bret is worried you might try to kill yourself. You stared out the window until lunch time. You didn’t eat breakfast this morning…nor did you look like you got any sleep.” Keagen tells me when we walk in the garden.
“I heard…the melody. It was so sad, and sweet. It was like a humming.” I tell him.
“So you were as close as I thought you were to Nadia.” he says.
“I guess so.”
“She was destroyed at 2pm on the dot.” he says in depression.
“I’ll assume Bailey will be…gone too.”
“I don’t know. I have not received word on her life yet. So she is …alive as far as I know.” he tells me.
“But why did she do it?” I ask him.
“To get back at Bailey for dating the man she wanted.” he tells me as we keep walking.
“That’s so stupid.” I tell him.
“I know. You don’t know how emotionally unstable Nadia can be. She hides a lot underneath her creepy skin. As for Bailey…she always comes to me when she has a problem. She doesn’t hold it in like Nadia. I guess that’s where their difference is. They also have different points of view. Like Bailey…she support’s King Flex, and as for Nadia…not so much. Bailey wants to become a Peace Maker one day, and this is the first mile stone she had. The next step she would have to take is entering herself into the army, and working her way up to the Peace Maker level. Then…train as a rookie as a new Peace Maker.” he tells me.
“I see.”
“Nadia’s heart doesn’t support all of King Flex’s ideas, and laws, but she knows well enough not to cross his line. She did so in order to get back at Bailey because she knows Bailey’s heart supports his choices and ideas fully. Nadia knows Bailey be perfect to be a Peace Maker. You don’t see many of them, but she is one of them.”
“Nadia is cold hearted.”
“Yes…she is.”
“Bailey isn’t.”
“Correct.” he says.
“…”
I stopped and looked at the red rose that was fully bloomed. Bailey planted it here when she first came. She always talked about the garden at home, and I got Jonas to agree to let her plant some roses in the garden here.
“King Flex is wise enough to see past Nadia’s trickery. I am sure he’ll spare her life, and let her come home. He knows a trick when he sees one, and I am sure he brought Bailey there to snoop out the information I was told from Dimitri.” he tells me smoothly.
“And what if your king doesn’t?” I ask him coldly.
“Then it’s a life that he had made a mistake on. No king is perfect…not even King Flex himself. We are the people…you, and I, so we should know…that nobody is perfect…not even the king.” he tells me smoothly.

Chapter 5







Knocked on Jonas’ office door, and he looks up. He motions me to come, and I shut the door behind me knowing he wanted to talk to me in privacy.
“Take a seat Jaylyn.” he says when he keeps writing. I looked at the tape on his desk and could tell it from the many times it broke on him from anger from a vampire.
“What did you want to see me about?” I ask shyly.
“You have to make a grown up choice now.”
Looked to see Keagen who was lying on sofa. I didn’t see him when I came in, but maybe that was just because he just got here through the window or door. He’s silent, and that’s just about scary sometimes; especially when you don’t hear him while you take a snooze (he’ll smack a ruler down on your on your desk; trust me I know).
“What do you mean?” I ask.
“Your father…” I hear a deep voice say in a chilling way that scared me. I looked around until I spotted a man I didn’t know.
He has shaggy black hair, dark red eyes (not blood shot, but just his normal eye color I hope since I’ve only seen other vampires turn red when hungry), pale skin, thin, and tonight he wore a black button up shirt, and blue jeans that he steps on with his black boots. I noticed he wore black gloves. He wore a gold crown on his head (looked like a prince’s crown, but with one red gem in the middle of it).
“You must be King Flex.” I say scared.
“I am.” he says coldly. I wanted to cower behind Keagen as King Flex himself comes walking towards me from the shadowed corner (in a slow pace).
“W…What about my father?” I ask with some bravery.
“Do you know what he did in the winter time?”
“He worked six jobs.” I tell him.
“Wrong.” Keagen tells me.
“What?”
“He was a Vampire Hunter like your mother. But only in the winter time.” Keagen tells me.
“You’re wrong.” I tell him.
“No we are not.” Jonas says when I look at Jonas.
“…”
“Because he’s the one who killed one The Death Angel.” Keagen tells me.
“…”
“Punishment there was to be. But before your family could face the punishment a vampire killed your family, and parents. I saved you…and now you are left to take the punishment that belonged to your family. I knew that…and I save you anyways.” Keagen says in a depressed way.
“Why Keagen? Couldn’t you just have let me die?” I tell him in hate.
“I knew this day would come…that you would have to make this choice. I saved you anyways Jaylyn. I couldn‘t watch you go down like that.” he tells me when he stands up.
“You should have just…let me die with them!”
“And that would be terrible for me to do! I may be a vampire, but I can only take so much of our…ways. Even you must have saw that when you looked into my eyes back then on that cold night.”
“You just couldn’t have let it be?”
“No, and I am sorry Jaylyn if it hurts you now to find out this way. One day I knew you would find out, and if you had to find out…you might as well have heard it from me then him.”
“I hate you. I can‘t believe you!”
“You’ve grown such an attachment to our kind…now you must choose your fate. Die, or become a vampire, and be my queen for the rest of your life.” King Flex whispers in my ear after tucking my hair behind my right ear. It sent shivers down my back in the way he had said it.
“I never wanted to be one…I love being human.” I tell him.
“Then you shall face death.” King Flex says when I turn to face him.
“Will I get to see Keagen if I…”
“There will be times where you can…yes.” he says softly when I get up from my chair.
“And Bret too?”
“Yes.”
“Then I’ll live the rest of my life with you.” I tell him softly.
“Are you sure you really want that Jaylyn?” Keagen asks me.
“Either way I am dead…so it doesn’t matter. Vampires are dead people walking…and they just live off the blood of the living. So…I’m dead person either way you look at it.” I tell him in sadness.
“Could you ever forgive me Jaylyn? For saving your life even though I knew this day would come? That you would have to make such a horrible choice?” he asks me.
“And then there are the days I wonder if any of you vampires hold any emotions like us humans? That when you laugh it isn’t real, or if you cry that it’s not real. That the only emotion you could ever possibly hold is darkness, and anger. Guess I’ll find out.” I tell him coldly. I walked out the door as tears streamed down my face. I didn’t even look back at Keagen and Jonas…not even King Flex.

A horrible way to put somebody through all because of one’s actions. I even remember the night that father had came home. His clothes were covered in blood, and he looked at mother, and me, and said he had to take somebody to the hospital. When mother was sleeping, and it was just me and father by the fire. He told me that one day I would hate him, but that be okay. And if I lived I would find in my heart to forgive him, and the one to save me if I lived.
Father never explained it to me, but it all makes sense now.

Chapter 6









Our story doesn’t end there dear reader. Sure in hell don’t. You have officially a lot to think about now that you know Jaylyn Rosalyn.

A sweet girl who was a victim, and who grew attached to the one who saved her. She holds a heart full of love, and she truly cares about others. It was Keagen to teach her the ways. It was Keagen who taught her to love again, to accept new friends, and to even trust again. But…without him knowing…it was those little moments that she learned from the best. Like when he took her to the ice cream shop in the small village. Or those long walks on the beach in the summer time. Even how he let her look through a telescope to gaze at the stars, and the camping trips. How he would punish her for her wrong doings, and he even made her smile when she was down in the dumps. She would share every little secret to him, but as the years grew…she stopped telling him everything. She didn’t really go to him as much as she did back then.
But how well do you truly know Keagen? The man that saved Jaylyn, and took her under his wing. The man who is friendly and can hate you in one second, but love you the next it seems. And how about the teacher part, and being wise? The father part? The loveable Keagen who never laughed until he read Jaylyn’s essay with the ducks with teeth, or robots with lasers? The dancing Keagen who has fun, and can surprise you?
And Keagen missed those days of when she told him everything. He wished so much it never stopped, but he knew that even in time nobody tells everybody everything. He’s just a vampire with a screwed up past. Never knew his mother, and father. Sure in hell not the Brooks that King Flex took down. All he ever known was loneliness after his twin and him started to pull apart on their bond. But there was just something about that night in which Keagen had to just save her.
The Death Angel that had been killed…Keagen knew him so well. He was the one who had delivered the news to the Death Angel’s brother. The Death Angel’s name was Jackson Smithson. The twin to John Smithson. When Keagen had knocked on his door he remembered that look on John’s face as Keagen pulled out a red envelope that the king himself wrote, and sealed. John had shaken his head no when Keagen told him the news of his brother’s death. He watched John drop to his knees as he held his face in his hands. He was crying like a baby that something told Keagen to warn King Flex of a bad deed was going to happen. But Keagen…never told King Flex. And if he had done so…he always wondered what it be like if they were still alive. If Jaylyn’s family was still alive, and that what if she never met him if this was all avoided?
John had just taken the envelope from Keagen after he helped him up to his feet. There was anger, and revenge built in John’s eyes that you swore he could have punched a hole in every wall in his house. He didn’t say anything to Keagen, but Keagen knew John all too well. Revenge was lurking in his mind. It stalked his every thought from day in and day out. When Keagen checked up on John he hadn’t changed his clothes in weeks. He hadn’t bathed, nor shaved. He ate, but that was it. It was like looking into a lost soul who had nothing more to lose. All John did was close the door on Keagen when he asked if he was okay. It was John who killed her family, and as if that wasn’t enough. It finally hit though. When Keagen was watching John in the winter. He saw John’s every move, and he just…couldn’t help, but feel guilty when Jaylyn ran for her life.

Even after all these years when he looks at Jaylyn who has forgiven so much of the past, he can’t help but to be taken back to that day when he should have told King Flex. Guilt lurks in his eyes even after all these years. Even as he took her to the ice cream shop, walked on the beach, shared a laugh with her, and read her bed time stories there was always the guilt part.

And as the night grew long after Jaylyn’s choice was made he wished so much that King Flex would have left it alone. That she didn’t have to find out about it. Even he knew he couldn’t change the law for her.

But where was the law when John was out on his killing spree? Where was the law when Jaylyn needed it the most? It just wasn’t fair…she didn’t get her justice at all.

But the thing you would never have been able to see through Jaylyn’s eyes was the very thing that Keagen couldn’t see. The very thing that Jaylyn had been hiding all her life from him. The fear of Keagen, but the joy that he had saved her. To her…him killing John was justice for her. She knew the man who killed her parents, and now her family too was dead. That he wouldn’t be able to do what he did her to anybody else again. That he couldn’t hurt more families. She feared Keagen because she always thought he would turn her, and drink her blood too. She knows just how powerful he is. It is why she never tried to piss him off, or even challenge him as much. It is why she always was so obedient to him. Thinking that if she was obedient to him then he wouldn’t harm her at all.
She even remembers the night she watched Keagen drink blood from a man she didn’t know. She remembers how his sky blue eyes turned to piercing dark red eyes. And how he even ripped apart a vampire that tried to killed Bret. She never told Keagen, and Keagen never saw it. He never bothered to peek in even further when he should have. All she did was lie, and tell him she had a nightmare. She never told him because she was scared that he might get so angry and just let lose all hell, and then what? What if she couldn’t defend herself? What if he never stopped to think?

You see…you don’t know Jaylyn like you thought you did. You didn’t know Keagen either. But of course everybody has their dirty secrets.
So now where is the incant one?
Now where is the guilty one?
Where is forgiven one?







It’s like one big riddle when you think about. How their lives had crossed paths. But was it truly an accident in how it all went down? In how their lives had crossed paths? That John really had to go out and prove to Jaylyn all the emotions he had, and for Keagen to cover up his guilty emotions? Was it just a big accident?



And if you look closely in where it all started maybe then you’ll find your answer…and if you see where everything fell into place maybe you’ll see where it all lays. In where each of their hearts laid.

Even as things happen it is time that shows it all. It is time that tests the boundaries of it. It is time that picks us up, and throws us around. There will be times where we are able to keep our feet on the ground, and times where we just can’t. When bad things happen…time tests us to see if our hearts have healed in time. They always say hearts heal in time. But not in this case. Not all hearts were able to heal in time. Not every heart was made to be put to the test.

So I dare ask you…do you know who is who?
You have Jaylyn, John, and Keagen. Do I even dare throw in King Flex? No I won’t.


The answer you seek is here…










But as time got to John he grew in more hate. His heart sparked a nasty fire that he could no longer ignore. Time didn’t heal his broken heart even as he got therapy sessions. John would get drunk every night because he just wanted the painful news to go away. But then he just…couldn’t take it. He went on a killing spree, and stained his hands of the incant members that took no part in killing his brother. He killed them all. When he looked into Jaylyn’s eyes when she fell in the snow…it was then he knew he shouldn’t kill her, but spare her life. That all he was going to do was turn her into a vampire. But it was even in that moment he knew just how scared his brother looked, and knew what he had just done was so wrong. And as John fell to his knees from Keagen’s blow he knew he was guilty…and never would be so easily forgiven. That she would never understand his rage, and his sorrow. Not even after what he just done to her. Put her through hell. That she could never see the sorrow until it was explained to her. His last words that Jaylyn ever heard him say was “I’m so sorry Jaylyn; you, and I are not so different even though you won‘t understand.”









And as Keagen stood there when he looked at Jaylyn’s blood stained hair he knew better. He knew John was incant even after all he had done. Keagen knew Jaylyn would never understand him. If she asked Keagen who the incant one was that night he would say you, and John. And he knew that she wouldn’t understand when he said John be incant like her…even if she tried to understand. And if she asked the who be the guilty one…all he would say to her is himself. And even if she tried to understand why Keagen was guilty…he would know she would never understand.











As Jaylyn had looked into Keagen’s eyes all she saw of him was an innocent man who went out of his way to save her. A man who didn’t need to do such a task, but he did. She knew she couldn’t do any harm to anybody, and therefore knew better. But as fear of Keagen lurked into her eyes she never wanted to misjudge him at all. And as time grew she grew to see Keagen for Keagen. A man who maybe was jolly, but then again she could have been wrong. She found strength to learn from his teachings, and from the small moments. She grew to take her own understanding of things of that very night.
Now that you have seen how their paths have truly crossed from the moment that her father killed Jackson Smithson…it is now that the moment of truth has come, where after this …you will have officially met the guilty one, the incant one, and forgiveness.

JOHN SMITHSON-INNOCENT

JAYLYN ROSALYN-FORGIVEN BY JOHN, AND KEAGEN.
KEAGEN KNIGHT-GUILTY.


Can you see now reader? Where their hearts truly are? Now that you know the verdict, and how the paths came to cross when they should never have, as I pound down my judging hammer where do you stand in it? Do you think this is a fair verdict in how Keagen is the guilty one, John is incant, and the forgiven one is Jaylyn? But then again after that night she had made her choice…where was the forgiveness in Jaylyn’s heart?

Jaylyn just walked with her head hung low as she made her way to class. She ignored everybody that asked her what was wrong. She just looked the other way for only she, and Keagen knew it be her last night here, and as a human girl. She just set her head down on her desk, and kept staring out the window. She didn’t bother to get up to eat lunch, or use the rest room. Just sat there with nothing to think. To Keagen it was like looking it a bottomless pit that he created himself. He saw the Jaylyn he feared he see one day; the depressed Jaylyn that wanted nothing to do with him. He wondered if she forgave him, but he didn’t want to ask her. He was missing the smile, and the stubborn attitude that she normally would have, but tonight she was nothing. Just seemed to be an empty person; soulless.

Prologue






She was never to go out on the streets, and never did she get out of her bed. She was born blind, and could never see anybody, and anything. All she did was listen to people all day. To the other orphans that hung around her bed side. Telling her what did outdoors. She wished so much that she could go with them, but the care takers forbidden her to. One of the care takers would guide her to meal time, and then to a living room where she would listen to the TV. Then before eight she was guided to the bathroom. From there she would need help getting washed up and then back to her bed. Of course if she needed to go to the bathroom at any moment they would help her.
Always the one who kept ‘curiosity killed the cat.’ Because she was so curious then. Have to admit she was the most curious little girl in that orphanage. She never went into anybody’s business though…not unless they dragged her in. most of the orphans in there would tell you she was the best. And if you asked her to…she would sing for you. What a lovely voice she had that the only time she was out was when it was for church. She would sit there in the choir in the church, and sing. Anybody in that church would tell you she had a voice an angel. So sweet she was…and so very kind.
But late at night as the storm grew fierce with each passing minute she had crawled out of her bed on her own. Gripped her little stuffed bear, and walked over to the window on her own. She couldn’t see, but all she could hear was the thunder, the winds, and the rain.
She vanished in the middle of the night without a word to be said. Nobody saw a thing, and nobody knew until morning. There was no sign of a struggle, or of a forced entry. Only she was gone. The kids were in fear, but there wasn’t another attack again.

Poor, poor girl. How much she was missed. Nobody in that town saw her again. Not even a body to be found, and no dog picked up on her sent.

She was just gone.

Chapter 1






“Do you ever stop smelling the roses as you plot away in the day?”
I turned around and looked at Dimitri Brooklyn. He has short black hair, brown eyes, pale skin, thin, and tonight he wore his black silk button up shirt, black sweat pants, and black shoes. He didn’t have his pin on as I gave some more water to the red roses.
I watched as he rolls up his sleeves, and on his right wrist lays a tattoo to mark his spot in line. He is the head of The Legendary Four. His tattoo is a midnight blue heart with a gray needle going through it diagonally.


I live here with Dimitri because we have been together for a very long time; I wonder when he will ask me to marry him. He has been living in this huge beautiful house even before I met him. The house is 4 story huge black mansion. When I say huge…I mean huge. We even have an indoor pool, and an indoor garden (he gave in when I asked him about the indoor garden). He owns lots of acres of land, and two duck pounds.

“You’re trying to make me fat again.” he says when I keep watering my red roses.
“Why do say that Dimitri?” I ask him.
“Because you made a huge thing of lasagna. I could smell it when I came walking into the house. So I took a peek.” he tells me.
“Cheater.” I tell him.
“Wasn’t cheating. You know lasagna is my favorite.” he says.
“You’ll burn it off anyways.” I tell him when I turned off the water with my powers.
“True…but I swear you’re plotting.” he says.
“Try to behave tonight.” when I walked over to him.
“Why is that?” he asks when he puts his hands on my hips.
“Because we are having a guest over. Most defiantly my boss with his wife…who you shouldn’t scare away. I need this promotion, and you know it.” I tell him when I fix his collar.
“I’ll try not to. It won’t be the first time I’ve scared a poor man to death. Besides I make thousands of dollars if I do scare him.”
The last time we had somebody over…well didn’t go so smoothly. I never told Dimitri because I wanted it to be a surprise. It was his birthday, and so I thought it be nice to give him a surprise birthday party. He just got home from doing his duties, and he wasn’t so happy either. He didn’t even notice us as he slammed the door shut with such anger. It scared one of the employees I worked with when he saw his pin.
“I know.” I tell him.
“Plus my work…I scare them too.” he says.
“I know…” I tell him when I started to follow him to the indoors.
“Are we eating in here…or out there in the gazebo?” he asks me.
“Gazebo. You know I love the outdoors.” I tell him.
“Gazebo it is.” he says smoothly.
“Come take a shower with me.”
“I do stink…so I guess I could use a shower.”
“Plus you need to shave.” I tell him.
“Is it that bad?” when he holds the door open for me. I touch his chin, and then nodded once before going in.
“Baby…” he says in an attractive way.
“What?” I ask him.
“I love you.”
“Did you forget the salad I asked you to buy?”
“No.”
“Then why are you sucking up?” I ask he scoops me up into his arms (felt like a baby as he carried me up the stairs).
“I can’t say I love you?” he asks.
“I love you too Dimitri.”

He carries me to the master bed room, and then he sets me down on the bed.
“How much time do we have before he gets here?”
“30 minutes.” I tell him.
“In that case…” he says when he reaches into his shirt pocket.
“Dimitri…” I say breathless when he takes out a ring. It was so beautiful.
Its band was pure gold, and it had a heart shaped sapphire diamond on it.
“Will you marry me Isabella Harvey?” he asks in a sweet way. I kissed him on the lips with joy.
“I’ll take it as a yes.” he says when he puts the ring on my ring finger (left hand).
“Yes Dimitri.” I tell him.
So we took a shower, and then he shaved when he could see his face in a mirror.
He wore his black silk button up shirt, and black pants that he steps on with his black boots.
I wore my nice white tub top dress that almost went to my knees, and my nice white high heels.

“Good evening.” I say when I open the door to see my boss, and his wife.
My boss’ name is Liam. He has short brown hair, gray eyes, pale skin, thin, and tonight he wore a black tuxedo.
His wife I work with. We are best friends. Her name is Emma. Emma has long black hair, brown eyes, pale skin, thin, and tonight she wore a black dress that went to her knees, and black heels.
“Nice to see you’re up.” Emma says with a smile when I let them into the house.
“I love the red roses that are on each side of the side walk. They look so beautiful. He won’t let me do that.” Emma says when we walk into the kitchen.
“I had to beg Dimitri for a week until he caved in.” I tell her.
“Really?” Emma asks in surprise.
“Yeah. Just like with the indoor garden.” I tell her when I open the oven.
“Hey Baby…”
We all turned to see Dimitri in the door way that led to the outdoors. I noticed he was wearing his pin on his collar.
“Yes Dimitri?”
“I have to go.” he says smoothly.
“Dimitri you promised.” I tell him.
“I know…and this can’t wait. There‘s a issue, and he’s called upon The Legendary Four. I have to go round up the boys.” he tells me when he walks over to me after I set the lasagna down on the stove top.
“Alright.” I tell him. He kissed me on the lips, and then he just vanished in thin air.
“What a man you have there.” Emma says.
“It’s not easy…but we make it work. Come on…let’s go eat out in the gazebo.” I tell them.
“Need we to get anything?” Emma asks.
“The Cesar salad that’s in the frig, and the wine. That’s all. Thanks Emma.” I tell her.
“It’s not a problem.” she tells me. She hands Liam the wine bottle.

“Why can’t we have flowers on both sides of our sidewalk? It looks so beautiful.” Emma tells Liam as we walked to the gazebo.
Our gazebo was huge. It could fit 50 people in it if we choose to put in more tables, and chairs. He let me put hanging flowers in here. There were flowers above our heads, and all around us. Just none on the entrance, and exit of it, and where we would be walking. Not too many flowers in here.
“It’s so beautiful. It’s like eating in a very beautiful garden.” Liam tells me.
“Thank you. He built this gazebo…I just did the decorating after he caved in.” I tell him after setting down the lasagna on the table. Emma put down the salad bowl.
“I love it here. It’s like flower paradise.” Emma says with joy.
“And there is the common dominator.” Liam jokes when we sit down at the table.
“Well…Dimitri didn’t want to break my heart when he found me years back. He didn’t want to rip me from nature…so he let me do all of this. The side walk…well he wasn’t too happy about the whole idea, but when he saw what a great job I did ...he lets me do it every year.”
“You have a true man who puts up with the flowering.”
“His favorite is the yellow roses…but don’t tell him I told you.” I tell them as I put a slice of lasagna on Liam’s plate.
“That’s so sweet of Dimitri to love roses.”
“He always reminds me to get some yellow roses every year. I don’t know what he would do if I didn’t get them. I’m not testing that one out.”
“Does he go with you to go get the flowers?” Liam asks when I put a slice of lasagna on Emma’s plate.
“Not all the time. His job gets in the way most years. This year he was able to. And I made him carry most of the flowers. To my shock he didn’t complain this year…and didn’t get angry when a little vampire boy laughed at him while he was carrying the pink roses.”
“That’s sweet of him. Now only if he can teach Liam to give in to my demand of carrying the flowers for my little garden.”
“I don’t mean to be mean or anything…but I don’t think I want to take any sort of lesson from Dimitri as is. I don’t want to ever see him when he’s out doing his job…not that he doesn’t do bad or anything. I’m sure he knows what he’s doing.” Liam says.
“I know where you are getting at with Dimitri. He’s a sweet guy when you get to know him. He just stays scary when he’s on his job.”
“I see.” Liam says.

30 minutes into dinner I felt cold hands touch my shoulder.
“Hey Dimitri.” I say when he kissed me on the cheek.
“I’m back, and I got my plate for dinner too.”
“Fork?” I ask him. When he sits next to me.
“Yes.” he says.
“I guess you can eat.” I tell him when I take his plate.
“I’m hungry.” he tells me when he watches me put his slice on his plate.
“You’re bleeding on your face.” Emma says in concern when I pour some wine in his glass cup.
“She’s write Dimitri.” I tell him when I hand him a napkin. He touches his face and then looks at his fingers that had his blood on it. The cut was on his cheek. We didn’t notice until he had sat down.
“Interesting.” he says before wiping his blood off with the napkin.
“What…happened?” I asked him.
“Its nothing.” he says when we watch the cut heal up.
“Save some room in your stomach for apple pie.” I tell him with a small smile.
“I told you that you were plotting.” he tells me with amusement.
“Plotting what?” Emma asks when Dimitri takes a bite of his lasagna.
“He thinks I’m trying to make him fat.” I tell her.
“Wouldn’t he just burn that off anyways?”
“That’s what I keep telling him…and he won’t listen to me.” I tell her.
“Last night we had noodles, and chicken. She even made peach pie, and then expected me to drink a whole glass of milk. I swear she’s trying to make me fat.” he says with a smirk.
“And what was it Monday night Dimitri?”
“I believe…it was wonderful catfish, toss salad, and my least favorite…potato. I do most defiantly know it was blueberry pie.” he says.
“And he says I’m feeding him fating stuff?” I say with a little laughter.
“You made me eat a lot of potato.” he says.
“I wish Liam would pay attention in what we have for dinner each night.” Emma says when she picks up her cup.
“Hey I do to.” Liam says.
“Okay then what did we have yesterday?” she asks him.
“I do know we had strawberries for a desert.” he says.
“Nice try. It was stake, salad, and corn. The dessert was grapes with vanilla ice cream.” she tells him.
“Then when did we have strawberries?” he asks.
“Sunday night. You see how much appreciation I get? He don’t even pay attention. For all he knew I could be feeding him a cooked raccoon that died of a car hitting it.”
“Liam…you got to know the ladies love it when you pay attention to their meals. It’s why I keep track of what she makes. And I swear…she’s fatting me up.” Dimitri says with amusement.
“I rather just remember what she makes for the holidays. Last Christmas it was turkey, and ham. Man was that good. Especially with the sweet potatoes, and cranberries. Please don’t get me started on that chocolate pie she made. That was the best chocolate pie I had in years.” he says with a smirk.
Emma smacks him on the back of the head, and scowls at him.
“What?” he asks her.
“So you know what I made for the holidays and not every other night, or even last night?” she asks him.
“Sorry.” he says with a smile.
“Sorry my ass.” she tells Liam.
After dinner and clearing the table of the dinner. We talked for a hour, and I got my promotion. Then I brought out the pie along with the plates, and silverware.
“Are you…a retired Peace Maker?” Dimitri asks in concern before he takes another bite of his pie. Liam looks at Dimitri.
“I am.” Liam says when he picks up his cup of wine.
“78th division you…came from?”
“Yes Dimitri I did. How did you know? My recorded was sealed.”
“Let me guess…your last name is Jadeson? You were the head of all Peace Makers.”
“Again…how did you know?” Liam asks
“One you were the one to save me back in the riot of…1880 when Speeder told you I didn’t come back to where I should be. Two…your name came up while I was gone.” he says.
“Those two riots in 80...what a bitch that was. By the time it was over…we only had 50 men in the 78. But we had to go to another riot soon after…and that’s when I got the order to pull out a member of The Legendary Four. I wasn’t to ask your name…and so I never knew it was you until now. That riot was a bitch…the one I saved you from. When that was over I only had 40 men. King Flex rewarded me with medals, and I became the captain until I got badly injured in 1995. King Flex told me I had to retired due to my injury. Been a Peace Maker since 1608 until 1995. That’s a long time.” he says to Dimitri.
“I had no clue you were a Peace Maker. No wonder why you are so devoted to the beloved King Flex. Why didn’t you tell me?” Emma asks him.
“Yes sir it was. But…now it saves me a trip.” Dimitri says when he pulls out a white envelope.
“Trip for what?” Liam asks him.
“This is written, and sealed from King Flex himself. Don’t disappoint him please?”
Liam opens it up, and starts to read it to himself.
“What is it Liam?” Emma asks when he looks back up at Dimitri.
“He can’t expect me to. As much I am so devoted to him…he can’t expect me to.”
“As much as I tried to convince him that you shouldn’t come back…he nearly killed me when he slammed me against the wall. He says you are the best Peace Maker he ever had, and if he had to he would call you back. You are devoted to him, and once you are a Peace Maker you die for the king and the king only. You serve only the king and the king only. Just like me…we are only servants to the king. Our hearts only rest with the king’s wishes, and demands. We do not go against the king no matter what we want. What he wants done is what gets done. You will not go against these wishes or I’ll come drag you out of bed myself. Even if you like it or not…you remain loyal to King Flex, and King Flex only. You have been a Peace Maker…and when you retired…did your loyalty to King Flex leave you I wonder, or do you still have it? You know it be out of line to question the king because Peace Makers do not do that. It is their duty to die for the king like the rest of the ranks above you. If you are very late he won’t be so merciful…and nor will I if he orders me to kill you just like it says in that letter. Nothing personal but that’s my job.”
“Don’t worry Dimitri…I’ll be there.” he says.
“I rather be a commoner then what I am now.” he says when he gets up.
“I can tell.” Liam says.
“Where are you going Dimitri?” I ask.
“To sleep. I have to wake up really early…meaning I won’t be here when you wake up sweetie.” he says.
“You didn’t even finish your pie.” I tell him.
“It was really good Baby. Night.” he says. He kissed me on the lips, and then vanished after picking up his plate, and glass of wine.
The topic had been changed, and after desert they helped me clear the table. When Liam went to use the rest room Emma asked “Have you ever had sex with Dimitri yet?”
“No.”
“You should try. He seems so tense. It helps relaxes Liam all the time.” Emma tells me.
“Dimitri has screwed a bunch of girls before I came into his life. Every time I try to turn him on…he doesn’t want it.”
“Dang…he must be a tough lover then.”

Chapter 2




There wasn’t much to think about as I signed the papers. Work was slow in its way.
I think back to my childhood years as I look out the window on my lunch break.
Man was it so boring after my twin sister vanished. Her name was Alison. Alison loved smelling tulips. She had long brown hair, gray eyes, peach skin, thin, and she always was in a white nightgown.
Alison was born blind, and that’s why our parents didn’t want us. So they gave us to the orphanage. She would carry around this dark brown stuffed bear. Its left ear was missing from the time she ripped it up. She never went into other’s business, and she loved hearing the sound of a piano playing. Alison had an amazing talent. She had the voice of a angel. Every church day I would sit in the first row just to watch her, and hear her sing. She was part of the choir, but I never wanted to be. Singing was her thing, and mine was drawing. While smelling flowers was her thing…me not so much. While I loved being dirty, and running barefoot…her not so much.
But it was that stormy April night that she vanished in thin air. We all woke up, and she was just gone. There was no sign that she left the house, and nor was there a sign anybody had came in. Just gone.
There was a big search but nobody found her after three months. They only found her bear floating in the stream at the end of June. They declared her dead even though they didn’t bother to check to see if she was in the water. They just assumed she couldn’t swim.

I was the rebel after that. I didn’t listen to anybody, didn’t care what my grades were, and sure I would piss off a lot of people. When I was 14 I met Dimitri. We started to date, and the more I saw him the less of a rebel I came to be. At 15 he turned me into what he was, and that’s when I ran away with him. I never looked back.

(Home)
“Hey sweetie.”
“D…Dimitri…your home early.” I managed to as he sits there on the kitchen chair. He had blood on his face which made me think he just got here.
“King Flex sent me home early. Told me the other three can handle things in my absence. I‘ve been here since nine am.” he says when I see he was looking into his glass of ice water. The look in his eyes looked like he had been thinking.
“You…okay?” I ask him when I walk over to him.
“Couldn’t have been any better.” he says when I touch his shoulders.
“How long have you been sitting here?”
“Since I got home.”
“You look depressed.” I tell him when I gently squeeze his shoulders.
“Thanks for saying the obvious.” he says when he keeps staring into his cup. He his left hand up to his forehead and then makes a l; then puts his hand up.
“What happened?”
“King Flex was talking to this man and his five year old adopted son. Before we knew it a guard starts to attack King Flex. That guard was an imposture. I threw the imposture over the line after taking the stab. I missed him…and…the little boy blew up. He was…just…gone. If not for that Peace Maker King Flex would have been injured badly. The Peace Maker attacked the imposture, and wounded him pretty badly. They took the imposture away, and the father who was mostly covered in the boy’s blood looks at me as I get up on my feet. He had to be held back by five guards as he screamed at the top of lungs at me. He was struggling to get to me as he cursed everything at me. They took him away. I never…missed my target in my life. This is the first time I did so, and for that…I am guilty of making a man lose his own son that had the future in the palm of his hands. King Flex looked at me with this expression, and all he said was go home…the other three will understand your shame, and pain.”
“Oh Dimitri…you have done far more badly than killing a --”
“You don’t understand!” he breaks his cups in anger. Then he got up after I backed away in fear.
“I knew the man…he was a friend before I became…a monster. And by monster I mean Legendary Four. You wouldn’t understand…I don’t expect you to.”
“Dimitri…”
“My heart has been wounded so many times before I met you. Before I even became this. I worked my ass off to become a monster…I thought it be the greatest, but I can see now that all that have joined The Legendary Four knew the burden. Now I share the burden too. At least our burden doesn’t reach as far as the Death Angel. He knows them all by name in who we kill, and who the vampire hunters take down too. He knows every vampire alive, and even the ones that are dead. You could ask him anything about how they died and he would know…even if he didn’t do the deed of their deaths. He even knows the vampire hunters who are alive, and dead too. Hell…we lower ranks…we don’t even know unless it’s our comrade, family, or friend. After a while…to us lower ranks…the ones we kill in riots, and the ones we destroy in our missions…we don’t care who they are. They just…all look the same after a while. My first kill…I wanted to kill myself…but after two days…everybody I killed looked the same…so I didn’t care for the names. I just knew where to find them. I learned to have no emotions.”
“That’s not true!” I tell him.
He looks at me when he reaches the door way.
“You have emotions.” I tell him. He nods no.
“If you didn’t love me…I wouldn’t be here. I wouldn’t be cooking meals when we feel like being…normal. There wouldn’t be these flowers here and sure in hell there wouldn’t be that gazebo either. There wouldn’t be a us. No shower with you…and no sleeping in your bed at night. I wouldn’t be sleep in your shirt hoping you would come back home alive, and not have the Death Angel knocking at that god dam door! And if you didn’t have emotions…you wouldn’t have asked me to marry you.”
“Like I said…you wouldn’t understand what I mean.” he says in a sad way.
“Then make me understand!” I yell after he walks away. I grabbed his hand, and he stops walking. “I love you more than anything in the world Dimitri. I know what it is like to have your heart shatter…because I had mine shatter a long time ago before you stepped into my life. You are not alone. I won’t let you be alone Dimitri…because I love you. I can’t undo what you did at work today…but I can clearly see your pain. I know your pain. I can’t make it go away, and I can’t heal it. Only you can heal it Dimitri. You have to learn to forgive, and forget. Only time will test it, but I won’t. I know you’re broken hearted, and the pain you are feeling. Don’t…you…dare push me away. We are all we have Dimitri.”
“I know.” he says coldly.
“…”
“Come…come read to me.” he says.
“Read you what?”
“Anything you want.” he says.
“Take a shower first…wash away the past for now until morning to come.” I tell him.
“Take one with me.” he says.
So I followed him up the stairs, and into the bathroom. He stands there and starts to unbutton his shirt slowly. I can see the pain in his eyes. He removes the pin and puts it on the sink counter. He removes his shirt and that’s when I see his bandages wrapped around his stomach. Where the wound was, or still is the bandages was blood stained.
“Dimitri…” I say softly when I start the hot water.
“I love you…” he says when he removes the bandages. The only thing that stood was a scratch line now.
“I love you too.” I tell him when I turn on the cold water. He watches as I pulled up on a little lever thing, and the shower was started.

After our shower he lays there in bed under the blanket. He looks at me as I came in with a glass of blood.
“You look sick Dimitri.”
“I’ll be fine.” he tells me when he just keeps laying there. Didn’t even bother to move.
“Here…drink this. It’ll make you feel better.” I tell him.
“I don’t want it.” he says coldly.
“Dimitri…please. You didn’t even eat dinner.” I tell him.
“Not hungry.” he tells me.
“For me…please?”
He sits up, and then takes the cup. It always works when I say for me. He drinks it all, and then hands me the cup.
“Better?” he asks when he lies back down under the cover.
“Yes.” when I set the cup on the stand.
“What happens to Romeo?” he asks me.
“We’ll find out…now won’t we?” I tell him when I get under the blankets.

I started to read the rest of Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare. He never bothered to read it before…so it’s the first time he’s ever heard it. Which is a shocker to me, but then again I have to remember he doesn’t like reading. He likes to listen.

Sometimes he reminds me of Alison because he rather listen then read. He’ll read me poems, but not stories. That’s just about it from him. Other then that I have to read him the stories. And when he doesn’t want to listen to a story he rather listen to me play the piano. He loves listening…and maybe that’s why I love him because he reminds me of Alison.

When I finished reading he didn’t say anything. He was just staring into outer space.
“Dimitri…” I say softly. He looks at me.
“They…killed themselves?”
“Yes.”
“What …a sweet tale.” he says coldly. He then rests his head on my lap, and then…just drifts to sleep. It wasn’t like him to sleep. He normally would listen to the radio all night.
I just turned off the light after setting the book on the night stand.
Morning time came, and he was still sleeping.
“He’s…sleeping?” I hear a faint voice ask in a whisper. I look up to see Shamus (he’s one of The Legendary Four).
Shamus has shaggy white hair, sky blue eyes, pale skin, thin, and he wore a gray t-shirt, and black pants that he steps on with his black boots. He wore his pin on his shirt. His tattoo the same as Dimitri’s but on the left side of his neck.
“Yes…he…fell asleep last night which is odd for him to sleep.”
“I see. I just came to …get him. This is funny…can I take a photo before we wake him…up?” he asks when he looks at Dimitri.
“You dumb ass…you take a photo I kick…your…ass.” we hear Dimitri mumble. He lifts his head up and he sort of looked drunk.
“D…Dimitri…hey you’re up…that’s really…good.” Shamus says with a fake smile.
“I’m late for work…shit.” he says when he looks at Shamus.
“Well yes. King Flex isn’t going to kill you for yesterday. He knows accidents happen.” I tell him when he looks at me. he kissed me on the lips, and then gets out of bed with nothing to say.
“Really great because King Flex is in a pissed off mood…so try not pissing him off as is.” Shamus says when Dimitri grabs a pair of blue jeans.
“Ha…like that be likely.” he says when he zips up the jeans.
“I’m sure…you can be a good boy.” I tell him. Dimitri and Shamus give me this odd expression like where did I come from? I wanted to laugh, but I did not; just held in my laughter.
“I’ll buy some ice cream before coming home…okay?” Dimitri tells me when he slips on a black t-shirt.
“Cherries too.” I tell him when he grabs his pin from the night stand.
“Alright. You just be a good girl…and don‘t worry about me. I‘m always pissing somebody off, and being naughty anyways. So you best not break the law.” he says to me.
“Well if I break the laws you’ll come arrest me, and teach me a lesson…now won’t you Dimitri?” I tell him when I walk over to him.
“I just might if King Flex doesn’t get you first.” he says.
“I’m sure I’ll break your rules today…and then you’ll have to teach me a lesson.”
“Be careful in what you wish for. You just might not like what you get…either way.” he tells me after I let go of his balls.
“…”
He kissed me on the lips once more, and then vanished into thin air with Shamus.

Dimitri isn’t really sweet when you truly think about it. Sure he’s killing people from left to right, but that is only when he is given a list by the Death Angel himself. Sure he’s putting down roots before a huge war sparks, and sure he’s keeping the peace among the humans, and vampires. Always pisses King Flex off and what not. I know his dark side only because I’ve seen it once. We got into a argument and he almost killed me. Argument about King Flex, and he’s not too happy. I don’t dare bring it up.

Chapter 3









Could you not see the pain that lurks in his eyes? The same pain that burns as another family member would find out that their beloved one is dead? Dimitri …what exactly is he? Is he a friend, or your foe? Is he a monster, or is he a good man?
Dimitri kills in the name of peace. He kills fellow vampires that either broke the law, or even can’t carry life on. But if you saw him in action you would think he was the worst person to meet. He had mothers stab him in the arms because they were so heart broken when they received the letter from him. He never tried to confer them as they broke to their knees in tears. He should no emotion of remorse, or sympathy. He would just look at them as they cried until they finally took the letter, and closed the door.
He knocked on so many doors, but not a single tear to be seen in his eyes. He never would cry himself to sleep at night, and nor did he sleep. Isabella Harvey couldn’t find the reason to it. All she thought was that he was trying to get the faces out of his mind. But the more she grew to know him…the more she knew he didn’t like to sleep at all. He would draw at night. He would draw her sleeping away in bed, and sometimes his dirty fantasies. She discovered that out on her own when he forgot to lock away the sketching pad. She watched him one night without him knowing. He not only drew, but he would pace. As he paced he would talk to himself about the job. And what horror her ears heard as he chuckled in amusement to the pain as they would fall to their deaths. Or how he would beat on a stake until it was nothing more but mush. He would take all his anger out on the ones that had to die, and sometimes if there was a little bit of anger he’d punching something until it was destroyed. Dimitri never plotted anything, but his hours to himself on the next night. She even watched him kill three cats, and four dogs in a single night. Isabella never told Dimitri a thing. She would crawl back into bed, and pretend she saw nothing.
Isabella what a little actress she can be. She would wake up, and put on her happy face. Pretend like she saw nothing. As much as she loves Dimitri…she really wished he wouldn’t carry all that anger around with him, but he does it anyways. There are just some things that she never tells Dimitri, but only because she knows he’ll already know before telling him. But the only thing that he doesn’t know about her is that she’s the sister to the one and only Alison Harvey. Isabella was so heart broken when they gave up the search for Alison. She tried to kill herself, and then when that failed…she became such a trouble maker. She never really wanted to listen, and never was back until her heart was happy with being outdoors. Isabella could never get enough of the outdoors, and not just because she wanted Alison to come home either.




Her favorite thing to do was read to Alison. She not only read to her, but she tickled Alison too. She was like a mother to Alison, and that was just fine for Alison. In return Alison would sing to her, and sometimes tell her about her dreams. When school came she would wish to hurry on home to Alison. Just to tell Alison all about her day. Alison would love it so. She would play the piano for Alison, and she would ask to hear more. It was always Alison who knew the joy in her, and every emotion that was there. She understood her better than anyone else in the orphanage, and that was just fine for Isabella. Alison would ask about the outdoors, and she would tell her what was out there. She would tell Alison about the pretty flowers, and what the weather was like. How the dirt felt, and what not. And even how the buzzing bees came and go each day when the sun was shining. Alison loved hearing about the outdoors so much.
But when Alison was gone it just felt empty. Isabella couldn’t play the piano without thinking about her, and she couldn’t put on a smile either. Didn’t wish to do the things she loved doing, and nor did anybody hear her laugh again. When she became such a trouble maker it was the least of their problems. Never really told anybody where she was off to, or when she would be back.
Isabella was walking down the bank of the river on that hot day. She wondered if Alison was truly in there. That is where she met Dimitri. He looked at her, and she didn’t run. Just looked him in the eyes as if to challenge him. He vanished into thin air with nothing to say to her. So the next day she brought two ham sandwiches, and two pieces of pie in high hopes of bumping into him again. She had been warned about vampires before Alison disappeared, but Isabella didn’t care.
He was there…picking rocks out of the river that ran smoothly. He looked up to see her clutching the picnic basket with a lot of grip. She walked over to him, and gave him a small smile. Then reached into the basket, and took out the ham sandwich. He was puzzled at first until he looked into her gentle eyes. He took off his black coat, and she sat on it while he sat on the dirt. It was that little picnic that sparked the fire in her heart.
And at 15 she ran off with him. Never to be seen again. Nor did she even bother to visit the place in which Alison could have been.


But dear reader you have to ask yourself in why he was there. There was never a answer in why he was there. Even after Isabella asked him why he had been there on that day. He would look at her, and then said to her that it be best if she never knew. That it was the one thing he was going to keep from her for the rest of her life. And if she ever knew then she would hate him. Just flat out hate him. They had their argument on that, and she could not leave him at all. She just couldn’t leave him even after he had smacked her for asking three times in the argument. They just kissed, and made up.


You’ve meet Dimitri. The one who cried for the first time in a very long time when he accidentally killed that five year old boy. He knew just who it was, but it was the thought of knowing whose heart he had crossed into a loop. He knew all the words that would come out of the man’s mouth even as the little boy screamed out in pain. When that boy was gone…he could have sworn the Earth stopped moving, and the eyes of the world were on him. Ready to call him guilty of killing a incant five year old boy. His heart shattered that he had no room for words. He just stared at the man that once was his best friend; the man who was now trying to kill him with all he had. The man he had spent years with when they were just little kids themselves. The man that shared everything with him when they were growing up. But now…that friendship was broken, and both of their hearts were shattered. He didn’t need to look to King Flex for anything as they had dragged his best friend away. He was as scared as King Flex called his name. He looked at King Flex thinking he was a dead man walking. Even King Flex knew that he could not undo the past.


Now dear reader tell me…do you know Dimitri like you think you do? You’ve seen him on his best when around Isabella. You have heard he has a dark side. You were given the facts about him. A mission that he’s been keeping from Isabella herself. But all of sudden…now you were given the fact that Dimitri in tears for the first time with no words to say? It only took Dimitri two days to forget, and move on when he first started. That every person he killed doing his job became the same face over, and over again. That he don’t cry when giving a letter to the families, and nor does he show any sympathy. He chuckles in amusement at night, and then plots what he might do the next. But then you have to ask how badly did he know this man? The man that cursed at him was trying to get to him to kill him, and all for accidentally killing his little boy.

You know…just might not understand Dimitri as well as you thought you did. The only emotion Dimitri ever carries is his own anger, and depression. You may ask what he has to be angry about, but that is just one of the mysteries of Dimitri that you may not understand. Even the depression that lurks in his mind.
As for Isabella she cares about Dimitri deeply. She is loving, and sometimes in joy when he comes home. She’ll pull a false smile when she wakes up, but only because she doesn’t want him to know she knows what he does at night. She loves the outdoors, and loves reading to Dimitri now that Alison is gone. She understands why Alison loved smelling the plants. Isabella was very close to Alison, and loved her dearly.

My dear reader…when you think about it…you have already met the shattered one; Alison (not Isabella, and not Dimitri).

Chapter 1




There wasn’t much to think about anymore. The days were growing near to the final night in which not only would I be married, but become one of them.
I looked King Flex as he comes walking towards me. I just sat there on the bench that was in the garden. I looked at the firer flies as they fly away freely.
“The stars looks so pretty tonight…don’t they?”
“King Flex…nice of you…to join.” I say when I look at him.
“You seem…down, but I can understand that fully. Life…has its ups, and then it’s down.” he says coldly. He catches a firer fly, and then sits next to me.
“Why should you care?”
“Every little thing has its own way of being. Every little thing is…connected through the circle of life. Even vampires die too.” he says. I look at him. “Every animal, and insect…everything dies in due time. Sometimes…by force.”
He killed the firer fly by smashing it before it could leave his palm of his hand. “Sometimes…by nature.”
“…”
He puts the dead firer fly down on his lap, and then takes off his gloves.
“Sometimes…some of us are lucky to be…saved. Sometimes some of us cannot be saved. Problems come up, and we face them. We get through them. Sometimes though…it’s not always as is.”
I watched the firer fly light up again after he touched it. “Life…has a odd way of expressing itself. A odd way to tell it all…don’t you think? Everything is connected…even when alive.”
I watched it fly away with its light on.
“You…can…bring things to life?” I ask in shock.
“No…not exactly.” he says when he looks at me.
“I don’t understand. You killed it, and then…brought it back to life while you were mumbling about the circle of life, and all.” I tell him.
“It hurts me so to bring something, or someone back to life. It never hurts me to kill them. One touch and things, or people, or vampires drop dead. My touch is so deadly. I have to concentrate to bring things back alive. My mother dropped dead when I touched her. It was then that I knew my powers. My father feared me so much that he locked me up until I was almost dead. So…I always wore gloves after killing my father, and my uncle. Learned on my own. Had to.”
“…”
“Only one girl has ever survived me. She’s my opposite. She brings things or someone back to life with one touch. Hurts her to do what I can do; kill in a touch. We cannot kill each other…due to the simple fact that our powers cancel out each other.”
“Who is she?” I ask him.
“My enemy for life. No need to get you involved with her anyways.”
“…”
“No need to worry about Bailey. She is doing just fine on her own.” he tells me.
“She’s alive?” I ask.
“She’ll be returning here after we get married. She’s in love with one of the Peace Makers if you ask me. They make such a nice couple. I believe he’ll keep her where she needs to be, and she’ll keep him away from strip clubs at night. They are perfect for each other. There’s no need to worry about her. She’s been making all the right choices now that she’s in love.” he tells me.
“Good.”
“Nadia is in jail for now until I can get some answers out of her. Won’t be any time soon since she lost her mind. She’s…nut house crazy right now.”
“Never would think that would be her.” I tell him.
“I wouldn’t have expected this from Nadia either.” he says when he puts his gloves back on.
“…”
“You don’t know how hard it is being king. Being queen isn’t so hard.”
“Doesn’t the queen have duties to?” I ask him. He takes my hand, and I look at him.
“Not as much as the king. There are other kings, and queens…but all obey me. I am the king of them all, and you will be the queen of them all. Once you marry me…the queens, and princesses must listen you, but I still have power over you.” he tells me.
“…”
“Being queen…you don’t really do anything. Your responsibility is only…to make sure that I am happy, and well. I make sure you are happy, well, and I do everything else. Life of relaxing for you.”


“It sounds very boring. I can’t go exploring at all?”
“No you can’t. You must stay in the castle walls. For your safety…we can’t have a dead queen on our hands. That wouldn’t be fair to me.” He tells me coldly.
“And I can protect myself just fine thank you very much.

Chapter 2








I wonder what the stars are gossiping about now as I walk slowly on the path that leads to the beautiful outdoor garden. Are they telling lies, or just telling the truth? Are they dancing in delight, or crying in the horror they hear from the winds? Is the earth weeping out water because of all the bloodshed, or is drowning in the blood that has been spilled on the earth? The earth, the stars, the wind, the sun, and the moon are the immortals of this world. They look down and they are the judges of us. They are the ones one pass the words and keep the secrets that no man would dare wish to hear. If the ears of one should hear besides the immortals of the world then we would parish into the pits of hell, and die in the burning flames. It is the sun who throws away the secrets that are not needed…keeping the flames high. Only to be retrieved when needed by the winds. The clouds try to cover some of the horrors from the star’s eyes, but they cannot keep it from them. So the stars only hear about it. These are the true immortals to walk these lands. They are the true ones that carry the burden. The earth in which drowns in the blood that has been spilt for thousands of years. Drowning in it as the stars, and moon try to save it so. Not even the mighty sun and wind help the earth. The waters of this world are stained red. Can you not see the blood in the water that has changed it so? The water calls for a color change, but it will forever be in the color that we have made it…blood. Water, fire, sun, moon, clouds, stars, wind, and earth are the only immortals of the world. They are the only immortals to have ever walked these lands.

So here I am…wondering what they gossip about when they look down. I know the stars have judged me wrong, and so they do not dance with me anymore. They do not dare dance when I dance. They just…judge as they gossip the night away. I just wonder…just my thing I guess.


The rose that I saw looked so beautiful, but so lonely. Just like me. Beautiful, but lonely. Standing strong because we have to. In this world…we have to stay strong because you never know. The world wasn’t meant to be evil, but there are darker evils out there that we must prepare ourselves for. We were not even meant to be guilty. This world wasn’t meant to be created on guilt, but out of innocents. The foundations of the world shouldn’t be guilt…but of innocents. We shouldn’t drown things in bloodshed. Nor should we hate each other…everybody can live in peace. Can’t they? The balance is the balance if I am wrong.

Chapter 3




(Russia)





So here I am… thinking about it all. All the things that make who I am, and who I could ever be. I look into my own reflection as I stand there in the prettiest black wedding dress that I have ever seen. The other girls back away after I notice it drags on the ground. I look at the red roses that seem to be blooming in life, and joy. My own reflection made me look happy, and in joy, but that’s just the cover up. I wanted to cry so bad, but then in make my makeup run.
I turned to see King Flex standing there after I notice only his reflection in the mirror with mine. He was in a silk black button up shirt, and black pants that he steps on with his black boots.
I wonder what all his thoughts are, but I know better.
“You ready?” he asks me in a chilling way.
“For…what exactly? Everything that shouldn’t be, or the fact that I feel it’s not justice? Where’s my justice for what that creep did to my family?” I say coldly.
“The laws were written well before you were born. Well before your family came into…this world. The laws I cannot change.” he says coldly.
“You’re the king. You’ve been the king since the moment you were born.”
“Back when vampires first came out of their mother’s womb…we had to follow the same natural rights that you humans follow. But even though we have…only one natural right still standing…it is us first vampires that created the laws of a vampire. All the laws I had to create after they choose me to be a ruler…I had to create to keep the peace among the humans, the vampire hunters, and the vampires. I did not wish to have this crown, nor did I wish to have certain laws stand, but I had no choice. Once the seal is placed on the law document it is a law forever. Once I sign the law…I cannot go back on the law. I follow these same laws for it is fair. Our laws may be different from the humans but they seem to always have worked for many…and many years, and more years to come.”
“And your laws for justice is unfair.” I tell him.
“Your file was sealed with the royal stamp long time ago when you were five. You don’t remember shaking my hand because Keagen erased your memory of it all except the very night you were saved. He wanted to show you that we are not all bad. And if you can try to remember what I told you then that be helpful. I swear under my life that I would never lie to you, and to anybody. That be cheating in life I do so. So I tell you this now without hesitation. The night that your father was brought to me he said he knew the punishment, and that he rather seal your fate now…then have to do it in the far future of when something bad was going to happen. That I wouldn’t be able to stop you even if I tried with every power in my body. So he killed the Death Angel with no regrets of sealing your own future. That your punishment should be live life as a vampire, and to be my queen, and that the rest of the family should just suffer a painful death one by one. He knew what he was doing before anybody could know. So…I let him go home…and I ignored warnings of things. I knew what was to be.” he says coldly. I wanted to look away from him, but he put his hand under my chin, and made me look into his eyes. “I knew John Smithson would lose it. I knew it was only a matter of time before…he was pushed to his limits, and then go on his ramp page. I ignored this because of your father. Keagen was too afraid to come to me, and tell me he was out on a ramp page, and that he feared for your family. I knew John would have a heart, and only turn you into a vampire, but no…my plan did not work. It failed because of your…loving idiotic…Keagen. Now he won’t be able to save you now. Not from the law. Your file, and your father’s file sealed as it can ever be. Your father changed history…now it’s time that they see vampires will once again change history to a crime that shouldn’t have been. Your father had no reason to do such a thing. Your fate was sealed when your father said he was guilty. That I wouldn’t believe what a murder he was going to raise if I never ended his life. He hated the vampires with ever blood cell in his body. If you don’t believe me…I’ll let you read the file yourself. I’ll let you read the whole thing…and once you start…I will force you to read the whole thing.”





King Flex walks away with nothing more to say as my lips started to tremble. A cold heart he has. Very cold hearted.
































(Dinner time; after the whole ceremony of me becoming his wife,












and queen)





“I am sure my new queen will learn…the rules and laws very well, and hopefully quickly. Do learn or…face your fate ; so take your choice of your own gambling, Jaylyn. If not…I guess we won’t need to worry about where she might be for the afternoon, and so forth. I am sure…Jaylyn will…sort of make a fine queen. So…here’s…to what should be a jolly…marriage to a queen.” he says when I look to the eyes of the kings, queens, prince, and princess. The Legendary Four and maybe the Death Angel standing guard at the entrance, and exit of the room for our safety.
The royalties press a false smile on their face, and then drink a sip of their liquid beverage.
Did I even have a choice in anything that ever is now? A future I’ll never see because I am the queen to the one man who has all the power over every vampire, and vampire royalty?

Chapter 4
The palace is huge, but very beautiful. There are rooms I’ll never go in due to the fact I’ll have no business in them unless I go in with Flex. The first night in the queen’s room and I had gotten scared; left that room, and slept with Flex. Spent the day in the outdoor garden that reminds me of home since I have nothing to do for the rest of my …life. All but read, and write if I ever dare did so.
“There’s my lazy queen.”
Looked up from my book that I was reading to see Flex walking my way.
“What is it now?” I ask him coldly.
“Come…I want to show you something.” he says when he stops in front of me.
“Where are we going?” I ask him.
“Come…I want to show you.”
I take his hand, and I walk with him. Past many rooms that I never been in, and maybe will never be in. We finally reached a lonely room after 10 minutes of walking past many rooms.
The ceiling to this room was painted (it was in a dome shape). Clouds, the sun, angels, demons, humans, vampires, and vampire hunters. Only one animal which was a fox; the arctic fox sitting in the mix of all of it. Vampire fighting vampires, humans fighting humans, vampire hunters fighting among themselves, and so forth in the violence. Riots, and even the most horrifying vampire riot (of when they ate little kids, took guts apart, and etc.). The Day Watchers, The Peace Makers, The Legendary Four, and then finally the Death Angel along with the army, and commoners. King Flex himself appears many times over and over again. OF when he was a baby, a kid, a teen, a man, and then finally a king. Then it just spans out to peaceful means. To a sunset that wasn’t blood red, but a very beautiful one. Where King Flex was standing in the same wheat fields, but it was much more…peaceful (first wheat field he stood in the sky was grey, and the wheat was red).
The walls were black, and paintings of King Flex from the years hung on the wall. Different…queens I’ll assume with him when some of them were painted. I can see his appearance has changed a lot throughout the years, but he stills cute as ever.
The floor is made of pure gold. There is a lonely desk with an old chair to go with it. The desk is messy with papers on it, but I won’t dare ask of what the papers are. French doors leading to a balcony.
“This is where I go…when I can.”
“The past…the past is everything to you. Isn’t it?” I ask him when I look to the ceiling.
“I keep it…not too close, but close enough to remind myself how I came to be king. I listen to the people’s demands, and their wishes. And your demand…is…rather shaky. If you keep looking you’ll find the old Death Angel that once was here with me before your father killed him. I hate the past, but you sure do learn a lot from it. You know who you are though…that is if you are me.”
“You were a farmer.” I say to him.
“At one point in my life before my father…locked me up to die. I …escaped and killed my parents. What else could I do? Just die when I knew nothing but farming, and other things that I had studied. My father was always so ashamed of me when he found out what I was. My parents were humans.”

“What about the ones born before you? They were only girls.” I tell him.
“Human parents. The DNA of human genes is still flowing through our blood. Our ancestors cannot be ignored for we feed off of the ones who gave birth to the…new kind. We can ignore the facts at all. New vampires are…brought into this world, but the powers are changing fast. I may be weaker than the ones who are…brought into this world, but until I am challenged I will always remain in history as the strongest vampire. Dimitri has challenged me…but has not been able to defeat me. Keagen…has done the same, but he always falls short by an inch. It will be interesting to see Keagen as part of The Legendary Four. His…genes are not so much…connected to the ancestors.” Flex says when he looks at me.
“When will you change me?” I ask in a little fear.
“When the moment is right…but not now.”
“…”
“Feel free to read this.”
I looked at the red thick binder that looked as if it never had been touched in years.
“What is it?” I ask him when I take it from him.
“Your case file…along with your fathers. The answers you seek are all there. The video of the conversation I had with your father…feel free to watch it if you dare. You will only hate me more than you think.” he says coldly. I looked at him, and then he was just…gone. Vanished into thin air as if nothing had happened.

So I sat down, and started to read. To my eyes the royal seal that sealed it all on all the pages that ever made it into this binder. Made from melted blue wax, and pressed onto each of the papers (front and back). Cooled by the air alone before it was placed into this binder. The royal seal is a rose.


With each page I felt sick to my stomach as I read them all. Each word…is floating in my mind as I kept reading. Not a detail to be missed. Then there was my case file…the night I don’t remember at all. But everything I had said…was here, and now I am reading my exact words I once said to King Flex himself. Then after reading the words I watched the video of the night my father was brought before Flex, and my ears could hear no more. I watched the other video of me, and Flex. The agreement I had made was all but everything. I had shaken his hand, and here I am now…making the agreement be. I couldn’t believe it, but I knew there was nothing but the truth. Nothing was a lie because it couldn’t be.

Chapter 5







Flex rocks back and forth in the old rocking chair with a glass of red wine in his right hand. Looking into the fire as thoughts run through his mind. Maybe he’s even scheming of a horrible plan for the next person that pisses him off. His deadly eyes look from the fire, and then to me. He didn’t look too happy, but I knew he had a rough day.
“Flex…” I say softly when I walk to him.
“What?” he asks me.
“Come…I’m lonely.” I tell him. When I take his hand.
“You got the maidens to keep you company. Why would you wish for my company? Haven’t I …ruined your life enough?” he asks coldly.
“Tell me what is wrong if you won’t come walk with me in the garden.” I tell him. He growls, and I was scared. That look he gave me sent chills down my back as I look at his vampire teeth next.
“Go…to bed my queen. My matters do not…concern you. Maybe you should learn where your heart truly rests.”
“My heart is with you…not anywhere else. I have to learn to love you because I am spending the rest of my…life with you Flex. Your liking is all I need to feel loved.” I tell him.

Of course the information I have received from the servants here is that Flex cannot love. That he no longer has a heart to love. All he can do is like, be angry, be depressed, be intelligent, and be strong. He never can love. Not after his first queen that he feel deeply in love with tried to kill him. He killed her because he had to or else she would have killed him. His heart was broken long time ago. Many other queens that he never cared for…well most of them killed themselves. Some were put to death for the temptation of assassination on his life. He never truly had a girl who loved him. Maybe this is why he rules with a cold heart, but knows what is best as he listens to the people. He never puts himself first, but the people.
“I am your queen…and you need to trust me. I thought that’s what made marriage be. On the foundations of trust, and liking. No secretes Flex.” I tell him. He looks at me, and then I sit on his lap without warning. I rest my head on him, and listen to his heart beating slowly.
“Then you best hope your boyfriend isn’t going to try to take you away from me. He’s pissing me off because I know he wants you.”
“I never dated anyone.” I tell him.
“Bret to be more exact.”
“He’s not my boyfriend, and never has been. Just a friend Flex. I swear to you that is all, and will ever be. You’re my husband now…and I respect that very much. You told me the truth…and showed me how cruel it was in my past. I can never forgive such a past, but if I made an agreement…I’m not going back on my word. Never can I. I could never dream of harming you. I could never dream of turning on such a powerful man like you.” I tell him.

Chapter 6








There was so much to Flex that I never thought was possible. He’s not the…kind of king I thought he was, and not the king that the maidens made him to be.
He likes long walks in the beautiful garden, his favorite flower is the rose, he loves wine, loves bees, honey, and lasagna. He misses riding horses, and hearing dogs bark. He misses the village that he grew up in (that is now burnt to the ground), and he loves hearing he children laugh. Loves seeing them smile, and play as they grow up. He is a gentleman, and he is a good listener. He loves writing poems, reading Shakespeare, and other books too. He loves the bird’s songs, and playing in the rain when he can. He loves listening to the piano, and loves reading to others. His favorite color is black as the sky, and he loves gazing at the stars at night. He believes the people have the power to make their own choices, and that he’s only here to keep the peace among the people. So…in other words he gives them some freedom, but he makes sure they follow the laws that he had made to keep all peace.
Flex isn’t a true dictator even though he’s the only one making the laws, and rules based on what the people want. He gives the people the voice to tell him what they want done, or see a change in. Then he uses that knowledge to make a better future for them. And this is why his people say he’s the greatest king to have ever ruled, and that they don’t want him gone.

Here I thought he was just some dictator without…anything. Thought he was so…boring, but I can see now…he’s not. He listens to the people, and the people get a say, but he only uses the force when he needs to. I never made Flex out to be this nice ruler that his people love so much. He means everything to the vampires…and without him I don’t know what they might do. The world might turn upside down without Flex.

So it was on this night that I went to Flex. He looked at me, and I crawled into his bed. He read me a story, and I listened to him as the night grew longer. There wasn’t anything else to do…

Chapter 7


But our story doesn’t end there. You don’t know King Flex as you think you do. There is much more to him then you think. He is a cleaver man with a lot of intelligence. He seems to be perfect for the job of ruling, and…well that was never the case.
If I was to dig deeper into the past…you would not believe your ears. You would simply turn the other way, and simply…skip over what he would have to say. But dear reader these are the moments that count the most to Flex. His past is the strangest thing that seems to be holding out on him. Haunting his mind as if nothing was to be.

Prologue



Riddle for You Dear Reader,





Tie my hands behind my back.




Tape my mouth shut, and let me not speak a word.




Do not let me escape from your darkness.




You love me, but I love you more.




Hit me when I am bad.




Throw me in the cellar forever.




Throw away the keys to the tower.





But do not forget me.

Tie my hands behind my back.

Tape my mouth shut, and let me not say a word.

Do not let me escape.

If you do I will play the game.

You will fear me.

Tie me up, and throw me deep in the waters of the Earth.

Let me not be found, and nor shall I speak a word.

You play my mind game, but I am better then you.

I laugh at you as you run with fear.
I am your worst enemy, I am your fears, I am your love, and I am your emotion. I am somebody. Somebody you have forgotten. Tie my hands behind my back.
















I have always been told do or die. Show me fear, and I will show you mercy. Do or die…do or die. Play the game, or you will die.
Who am I?

Chapter 1


“Chester!” yells Martha as I drink a little more of my whiskey. Martha is a little bitch in who I hate so much. She’s my little adopted sister that father adopted long time ago back in 1210.
Martha now is…well really old, but she’s a bitch. Younger than me by three years.
Martha has long blond hair, hazel eyes, pale skin, thin, and tonight she wore a nice red shirt, blue jeans, and black shoes.
To my guess she might be going on a date due to the makeup she wore.
“What?” I ask her before taking another sip.
“You’re not just going to sit there, and drink whiskey. That’s not a meal. Drink this.” She says when she holds out a cup of blood for me.
“NO…I’m fine Martha. I ate before I came to the bar.” I tell her coldly.
“You can’t get drunk…it is against the rules of being part of The Legendary Four.” She tells me when she takes my whiskey away.
“Like it ever stopped me. You don’t have anything to get wasted about. So go to your date, go shopping, and whatever you…normal vampires do. So…leave me be. Flex can kill me in the morning anyways…so…there.” I tell her. She smashed the whiskey glass against the wall in anger. I could see it all in her eyes as she looks at me.
“And I vowed to father I would take care of you.”
“You’re not my mother, and not my father. And father can go to hell!” I yell at her in anger.
“I won’t let you die!” she yells at me in anger.
“Martha Hanna Liam! God dam it!” I yell at her in anger. She backs away in fear as I stood up quickly. The chair hit the ground, and everyone’s eyes looked to us.
“I can take care of myself god dam it!” I yell at her.
“No you can’t! I wouldn’t be standing here if you didn’t get wasted every month, or night!” she yells at me.
“Enough…you two!” we hear a shout when I had grabbed Martha by the throat, and slammed her against the wall.
“…”
Shamus was standing there with his arms crossed. Looking like he was about to rip me to pieces. Shamus has shaggy white hair, sky blue eyes, pale skin, thin, and he wore a black button up shirt, and blue pants that he steps on with his black boots. He wore his pin on his shirt. His tattoo the same as mine but on the left side of his neck. His tattoo is a midnight blue heart with a gray needle going through it diagonally.
“Shamus…” I say through my teeth.
“Cool your hot air Chester. I sent Martha to give you something to eat. More like King Flex’s orders. We have a big mission ahead of us, and we can’t waste time feeding. I figured you would still hold your anger from today and knew you would be here. So hold your anger, and drink up. There will be plenty of people to take your anger out on when we get there. So…hurry up slow poke.” Shamus says coldly. I let go of Martha’s neck as she looks to Shamus.
“I hate my job.” I say coldly when I grab the glass of blood from the bar table. Chugged it down, and then vanished with Shamus.

Chapter 2
Martha doesn’t know anything of what the family was truly like. We kept it hidden from her for her own good, but I don’t think it’s helping much. She was always the gentle one, and when people looked at me…I was the rough one.
People would turn their heads and say “Oh…here comes that god dam trouble maker again! You best stay clear of him!” It was always like that… and nobody ever dared give me a chance to be a good boy. They would just see me as the bad one and Martha as the sweet angel. But of course the secret was kept among us (not Martha of course).
You would never guess what went on even if I told you. There are just some things that never seem real but when you know that you are awake it is like fear is gripping you by the throat. Squeezing every last bit of oxygen out of you until you no longer stand as a living being. Making you dead so that you don’t know when you hit the cold hard earth. Making you wishing you done things sooner than later, and having the thoughts of regret run down your back bone like water from a shower. Making it impossible for any thoughts of joy to be seen in your eyes, but then…there is that moment where death has its way. Where you get to see the memories flash before your eyes. From every joy memory, to the sad ones, and to the moments your regret. To the questions of why didn’t I do this, or what could I have done, or even what are my regrets now? When you look death in the eyes you know you’re gone because the cold feelings of regrets can be smelled from your breath just like whiskey, and booze.
The chilling moments come to reality as you slowly fight for everything so that you can get a chance. But to fight death is like gambling away your life in a poker game. It gambles away your dirty secrets, and then before you know it…everything is out. You know you can’t take it all back once you’re dead, but I guess that’s how life works. Funny isn’t it?
Martha has no clue about the past, and everything we did behind her back. She has no clue about the late nights, and into the early mornings. She has no clue what we did when she was away on her long journeys, and such. Everything we ever did…all behind Martha’s back. Maybe it was a good thing too, but then again I don’t think so.

The only thing she ever knows is the fact I had to take our mother’s life. I became part of The Legendary Four, and in one week of joining it…I had to take mother’s life. She was crazy, and slowly losing it. She wasn’t really eating, and wasn’t really thinking on any grounds. Crazy thoughts would run through her mind like a rushing river going to its destination. There was Shamus Topaz, Dimitri Brooklyn, and Brett Dradonheart, back when I started out. Dimitri looked like he was going through hell, but he started way after me (on my 6th day).
Martha, and father looked at me as I stepped foot on the farm. The other three held back father, and Martha (Dimitri, Brett, and Shamus). I killed her without a second thought. Martha was screaming at the top of her lungs; cursing me as tears rolled down her soft skin. She was crying, and screaming that I thought she was never going to talk to me. Father was crying like a baby, but I never cared about father. Only Martha did I care about. She asked me where my emotions and my heart were resting. I said with king Flex. She looked away as more tears rolled down her face. She smacked my hand when I tried to wipe away her tears. She ran away, and I left the other three. My heart was indeed shattered that I just couldn’t take it anymore.

You would think The Legendary Four are so mighty, but that’s not true at all.


Dimitri Brooklyn always looked the same as he does now. He has short black hair, brown eyes, pale skin, thin, and he wore his black silk button up shirt, black sweat pants, and black shoes. On his right wrist lays a tattoo to mark his spot in line. He is the head of The Legendary Four. His tattoo is a midnight blue heart with a gray needle going through it diagonally.
He never was the head of us, but in time he became the head of us due to certain reasons.
And of course…Brett Dragonheart. He’s the youngest of us, and has been part of The Legendary Four a year after Shamus joined. He doesn’t look much different. He has shaggy black hair, dark topaz eyes, pale skin, thin, has some muscular, and he always wears a button up shirt, and blue jeans that he steps on with his black boots. Same tattoo as Dimitri, but on his left wrist.
Dimittri’s first kill man was he shaken up so bad that you couldn’t do a thing about it. It’s like his whole thought process stopped working, and all of his actions didn’t matter to him. He punched holes in the walls that night that I swear he was so…lost. There wasn’t anything you could do for him, but hope that he would get better. But when he nearly killed Shamus king Flex locked Dimitri in a room. The only thing that went through was his meals, and soap for bathing. Dimitri was a train wreck, but ten thousand times worse. But when king Flex let him out…Dimitri wasn’t himself, but of course we never expected that either.
He use to smile, and laugh; not anymore. He use to play the piano so well, and play little mind games. Not after that first kill. He was in ruins. There was no…nice Dimitri, no more smiles, no more laughing, no more of anything that he use to do. His piano songs were very depressing to listen to; Shamus had broken out crying from listening to one of them. Dimitri killed very accurately, leadership qualities were now there, and he didn’t give a rip on who you were. He never memorized the names of the ones we had to kill…just where to find them, and how to take them down. Location of them was the only thing that mattered until he had to make sure he got the right person (which one of us would tell him who it was). Then it was simple…take them out, or bring them to king Flex. Whichever was given to us. He held amusement in the kill.
Shamus’ first kill…king Flex was talking to him for a month until Shamus was better. I only know that because Shamus told us his story on what had happened to him. He was messed up, but not as bad as Dimitri. Shamus just…killed after he got better; location, name, take them down, or bring them to king Flex. His laughter came when he didn’t think about the job.

Brett’s first kill…he was to go through therapy for a year, but then to him everybody he killed just looked the same to him. He quite therapy because everybody looked the same, and he kept calling our so called victims by one name (still calls them this to this day); Toad. Everybody to him…is called Toad unless you’re not a victim.

My first kill was my mother, and I went through therapy for three years. Of course I still did my job. I found the way in which all three of them shared to me. The secret in how to do the job, and I found it very helpful. Of course…I never forgotten mother though.
The secret in which we four share is simple in how we do our job. We don’t care what your name is. We just know where to find you at any time of the day. We don’t care what you look like because you’ll just look like one person to us. We don’t care what you say, and we don’t care who you are. We will just take you down unless king Flex wants you, or if The Death Angel has to pick a bone with you. We don’t care in who you are…not in what you say, not what you look like…just where to find you, and take you down unless otherwise.
That is our secret in what we share. That is how we have always done our job.

Chapter 3


The old farm wasn’t much to deal with but the rumor was that a plot to kill the new queen was taking place. An evil plot to kill her and Flex while they were asleep. The mission w as to take down the helpers, and bring in the master mind behind the plot. Of course I wouldn’t know the names since I don’t pay attention to them. Just where to find them and how to take them down. The facts of danger are high since Flex isn’t sure if there are newly found vampires there, and if there is…they can be deadly. It is why we took 50 Peace Makers with just in case we needed them. When you have to take Peace Makers for actions…it’s never going to end so peacefully. Never will, never could, and never would end peacefully. Never would they see a peaceful death, but I guess it’s just the way we vampires are in the natural world.

The old barn’s red paint peeling, the black roof looked as if it was going to cave in, and the old doors were open. This is the barn in which I spent most of time in back when I was a little kid. After I became what I am now …father never took care of it. It just…wasn’t him anymore. But of course the only use the barn got out after mother’s death will always be the secret I know best. The fields beyond it, and the grass around the barn were very over grown. I remember running in this back when I was younger. Just to get away from some of the things that took place in the barn.
“You know this place better than anyone…especially the barn. Flex told you the direct orders…so you know it. We were just told to come with you. You take over this mission Chester.” Dimitri orders me when we all get into a circle and on our knees so that the enemy wouldn’t find us.
“Our goal is to take down the vampires in there. There may be newly founded vampires in there…so we best keep our guard, and attack up at all times. This barn isn’t your normal barn at all.”
“What do you mean…not normal?” Brett asks in a little confusion.
“There is two doors in which you go lower into the ground on the other side of the barn. You can fit about 78 people in there without it getting too full. In the barn its self there is an area below the barn…like a cellar, but bigger. You can fit about 89 people in there before it becomes too full. You have the main barn…that’s normal. Then you have the hay floor…which is above the normal barn. Above the hay floor is a hidden room in which you can fit 6 people in before it gets full. From there you can climb onto the roof and escape from there. Peace Makers…split up. Some will stay out here just in case some try to escape from the roof, or main door. Some go into the first area I told you about, and the rest will come with us four into the barn. Some of you that are coming into the barn will have to go down, and some up. Our objective is to bring in the master mind…a vampire named Troy Phily. I hear he has a nasty temper when you piss him off, or when things don’t go his way. Take him down alive. We also need a girl named Ginger Stuffson alive. Take her down so we can bring her back to King Flex. If we do this successfully…I’ll buy the dinners later. How does that sound?”
“What about the rest?” asks a young Peace Maker.
“Take them down. All of them. None to be alive. I don’t care if they are your family, or friend…or whatever they are to you, or to anyone …take them down. They are a threat to the thrown…and threat to the vampire nation. We cannot trust them. And do believe me…if you let one get away…King Flex will have your head on a silver plate. You would be charged with temptation of assassination of the queen’s life, of the citizens that make up the vampire nation, and of the king’s life. And do trust me…the people do not take to kindly to the assassination charge of a king’s life. So …take them down. All of them accept the two I’ve mentioned. Please try to make a clean kill. That is your duty…that is your job…that is your mission. And if you were to die…at least you know you die in honor. This is for King Flex, and to protect the new Queen…it’s towards a greater cause. So take them down.”
“Yes Chester.” I hear the Peace Makers say.
To the Peace Makers…if they die on missions, in war, or in a riot they think they die in honor because have done something for the king. It is like their greatest thing ever…to honor, to protect, and to obey only King Flex. They do not obey anybody’s orders except the kings. Of course they listen, and obey us only because they know it’s coming from King Flex. If one vampire was to use their powers against them…they would kill themselves before it happened (there are vampires that can control a mind of one, and use the other vampire’s abilities to fight them. Peace Makers know how to identify these types of vampires).
“Let’s a get a move out…and try and get this done before dinner? Martha sure would kill me if I skipped out on dinner tonight.” I say.

So the attack started. Massive bloodshed and all. Dimitri seemed to be enjoying himself as a Peace Maker cuts his throat quickly. I could hear the screams of the other vampires falling to their deaths; some were in screaming in shock as the Peace Makers attack. But there was no Troy Phily, and no Ginger Stuffson.
“What the hell do we do now? We just slaughtered a total of 120 vampires…plus?” Brett asks when I look at him.
“We were tricked. They’re not here in this piece of shit.” I say in anger.
“But the Death Angel is never wrong in location.” Shamus says to me.
“Then get the god dam dogs out here! If they are not here…I am going to rip their heads off when I do find them!” I yell at Shamus in anger.
“Calm down –“
“Don’t you tell me to calm down!” I yell at Dimitri. Brett punches me in the nose, and I look at him.
“Shut the fuck up.” he tells me coldly.
I grabbed him by the shirt, and threw him at the barn’s wall. He hits it with such force.
“Knock it off or I’ll end it!” Dimitri shouts to me. I cross my arms as a Peace Maker looks at me in fear.

Chapter 4




To tell the truth my father wasn’t the man anybody made him to be. He wasn’t gentle, not kind, and not really people person. He was more…of a looker, and a type of guy who would get what he wanted.
My father …he taught me things that haunt my memory. The fact s would never change. He ruined my childhood, and if I told Martha…I don’t know what I would do. I believe it would destroy Martha.
At age five I watched father rape mother, and rape the girls in the barn. Age six it still was rape, and then seven to eleven it turned to killing the girls that we fed of f (rape, feed, and then kill). Father taught me how to never leave behind a finger print when we killed them. Then…at twelve years old I took part in much more then killing. I rapped the girls too. My past wasn’t so…good, and Martha never knew the reason behind why I always was looking at certain magazines. I guess…I’m not too bad. To make up for what I did back then…I guess it would be the reason in why I am part of The Legendary Four. I killed girls after raping t hem, and after sucking their blood. My mother knew…and she didn’t do a thing about it. I stopped doing this when the military came and picked me up.

Never did I tell a soul about anything. So here I am at this bar. In the lonely booth thinking about the past. In how I always had done guilty things, and never looked back. The military gave me a lot of thoughts, and well…my thoughts turned to guilt. So to make up for my past I worked so hard that I became one of The Legendary Four. I know that the forgiveness is never there if the families were to find out. I know that…innocents are a mile too far. To die… I would burn in hell. But I am already in hell. Am I not?
I try to drown out my memories, I try to spill the things I want to say to Martha, and I’m one of The Legendary Four out of guilt. No matter how long I stand as one of them…nothing can take away it all.
The thoughts of guilt are just there. You can’t burry them no matter what you do, and sure in hell can’t throw them away. If only it was that simple. To throw away the memories you don’t want…then it be easy for me to talk to Martha without getting angry.
“Why…Chester?” Martha asks me w hen I take a sip of my beer.
“Why what?” I ask.
“You never told me…” she whispers. She sets down a black thick binder. Old in its years that you just think it’ll fall apart. I know this binder very well. All my sketches of all the girls I had ever rapped. Right down to every detail of their skins.
“How did you find it?” I ask her coldly. I started to flip through it, and some of them brought back memories. Like my first victim…her name was Alison. She had long blond hair, sky blue eyes, peach skin, thin, and she would dress to her best…but in the drawing she wasn’t wearing anything.
“You…had girlfriends?” she asks.
“No…these weren’t girlfriends. This is the secret we’ve always kept from you. Father grabbed my balls, and a knife to my throat. Told me if I told you, and anybody I would get my dick cut off.” I tell her.
“…”
“Now you know what me, and father did in the barn from dusk to dawn. We…would rape them, drink their blood, and then kill them. We never told you. Father would even rape mother…but of course you never knew. Now you know …why I looked at certain things. Why I never cared that you slept with me, and took a shower with me. Now you know.” I t ell her coldly. The expression on her face was of horror. Martha runs out in horror as I flip through once more. There was no joy as I keep looking at each. Alice, Hope, Faith, Samantha, and etc. I could name them all by heart if I wished. These were just in one year…and the rest were in other binders until I went to military. Nobody knew…because I told nobody.

A dirty secret in which I was so scared to tell. And I bet the photos that father took of his victims are still buried under the willow tree up by the duck pond. Each photo of his is in color, and each drawing of mine…in black and white. I still remember their names, and how each of them looked.

The memories just run through my head like I am watching a movie. Never goes away, and this is why I don’t sleep. This is why…my thoughts will always be guilty .

Chapter 5


There will always be a time in which we can take no more. In which our minds give up the battle, and then just let loose all hell. That’s when we see what we see, and then we just see it all over again as if it was a movie. The greatest thing in this world is our memories, and without them we wouldn’t be who we are. They seem to be the foundation of our future, and the foundation of who become.
Like…Chester. A boy who once was so innocent that he once was free of the guilt. But then his father came along and just shut down the whole thing. Took away his innocents, and took away everything he once knew. Changing his life forever.
Chester loves playing card games, drinking beer, eating stake, watching a late night movie, and loves pasta to death. He hates drinking blood due to his memories, but he knows he needs it in order to stay alive. It is Chester. His temper issues come from his father, and that’s just one thing he doesn’t see that he’s picked up. His good looks come from his father (shaggy brunette hair, black eyes, pale skin, thin, muscular, and dresses to his best; same tattoo as Shamus, but on his back). Chester loves reading sad poems, and loves the normal guy thing.
But all in the end he wouldn’t really think about all the positives he’s done. It is his guilt that has drove him to do what he does now. Drove him crazy, and drove him over the edge. He killed the one person that ever loved him the most; Martha.
Guilty thoughts come from guilty actions; guilty actions drown the things we love, and kill the people we love.

Chapter 1
The sands of time cannot wash away the guilt. The sands of time cannot undo what has already been. The sands of time can only test your heart, and your emotions to the max. Takes what we once knew, and tests our hearts. Only time can tell in how much our hearts have healed.


On this lovely rainy night I choose to do nothing, but wait for Ryker, and Wyatt.
Ryker has a nasty temper, and he doesn’t take no for an answer. Ryker can walk through walls, and in one bite you would drop dead from poison in exactly 7minutes. His bites are not always dangerous…that is if he thinks about it. Ryker has short gray hair, black eyes, peach skin, thin, and he normally wears a farmer’s shirt, blue jeans, and black farm boots.

Wyatt is the one you need to watch out for. He is very tricky, and very…sneaky like a fox. He can walk on water, make you see your worst fears when you stare in his eyes too long, make you think you’re living in your fears if you stare into his eyes, and in three bites you’ll drop dead. He can walk through walls like Ryker. Wyatt has shaggy black hair, fire color eyes that glow blue in the dark, peach skin, thin, has arm muscles, he normally wears a black button up shirt, black pants and black boots. Wyatt has this strange tattoo that moves when he’s using his dark magic. It is of a snake going from his shoulder to his wrist (looks as if it is wrapping itself around his arm; the head rests just before his knuckles). On the wrist it is a dark blue rose.
I owe them my life since they are the ones that took me in long ago. They saved me from Flex himself before he could destroy me. Well try to destroy me at least. I have powers that seem to be…more neutral when it comes to Flex. He can kill you in one touch, but I can bring you back to life in one touch. It hurts him to think about bring you back to life in one touch, and it hurts me to think about killing you in one touch. When I and Flex touch our powers do nothing. We cannot kill each other by using our powers; it is not even possible for it. It is the law of nature I guess, but I wouldn’t call it that. I shouldn’t even dare call it that.

When we first laid eyes on each other we were only teens. We became best friends even though one day we knew we would have to part our own ways. He was a vampire, and I was the daughter to a priest. We would run in the meadows just before sunrise, catch fish while the moon was high, and we would do lots of things before the sun was here. We would part away when dawn came. But out of all those memories we had fallen in love.
My father found out that I was in love with Flex. He tried to keep me away from him, but it never worked. But one night…my father was there. His eyes were in horror as Flex kissed me for the first time on the lips. Expressing his true emotions for me…and I thought it was sweet of Flex. I pushed Flex out of the way when we heard gun shots. I took the bullets, and told Flex to run away. But he didn’t leave me. He picked me up in his arms, and we were gone in a flash of an eye as my father cursed out to Flex. It was that night that Flex bit me even though he didn’t want me to be one of his kind. But I had to become of them if I wanted to live. I have Flex’s powers in the opposite way. I cannot kill anybody in one touch unless I think about it. It hurts me to kill in one touch.

But as the years went on by…some things just had to change. Like our options, and our thoughts. Our personality grew to be so much different that we didn’t even know each other. We would fight every night, and so forth. I accidently killed his little brother, his little sister, and his little cousin who had gotten in the way of my attack to defend them and from that night forth there was no forgiveness from Flex to be seen. I told him that he would always rule with a cold heart…and then I left. But Flex found me, and our fight began. He wanted justice, and I wanted freedom. He wanted me dead, and I wanted to live.
He’s been looking for me ever since Wyatt and Ryker stepped in, and saved my life. I’ve always known where to find him, and I think it’s time I’ve stepped to my punishment for the accident. I will always know the new queen will never have Flex’s heart because it will always belong to me.

Chapter 2

To Flex, and to the history books of vampires I am known as Lady Samantha Jane Blues; the first vampire girl to have strong powers to match Flex. The only girl to ever be turned by Flex, and to hold powers that can upset the balance of death, and nature. Of course Flex is in there also as the strongest male vampire, to upset the balance of life, and nature, and of course as the dear wise ruler of the vampire kingdom. He’s done many more things, and such. He’s left my name as in good words, and not as bad, but everyone knows what I did. The horrible accident that I had done and it changed the course of history forever when it comes to Flex.

But tonight I wasn’t going to wait around for Wyatt, and Ryker. I wasn’t going to do that. With my thoughts wondering about the new queen, and what she was like…I couldn’t just sit around. Not this time…and I wasn’t going to let her fall to her death due to Flex’s anger issues. Flex has been married a total of 999 times, and all 998 of his wives have died. Many had killed themselves, some tried to themselves but were assonated by the doing of the people, and then there is me…I was intelligent and got out a live after the accident. I was Flex’s first wife, and I know he hasn’t moved fully on. I know him so well that I just can see it happening…the funeral of the 1,000 wife. Flex hasn’t been married since his last wife killed herself; that was 49 years ago.
I believe that Flex has…forgotten what it feels like to have the company of a lady, and therefore he might do something that could or will cause her death. Either way I know he has a heart that is as cold as ice…blue as the ocean, and buried in the darkness like a bottomless hole. Free falling forever because he doesn’t know love anymore; he’s as cold as ice.

It is time to take a gamble, and step out into the world. Time to find a very old friend of mine in which some people think are dead.
(Paris)
“Good evening Greg.” I say in French when I sit at down next to him.
“I believe you’re mistaken lady. My name is Hank Fox.”
“Don’t play dumb with me Greg Brooks. You’re like your brother, Vince, in so many ways.”

He looks at me with this crooked little smile. The same smile I always knew him to have. Greg has short black hair (gray hair on the side right above his ears), dark green eyes, pale skin, thin, and he wore a black coat, blue jeans, and black boots.
“Lady Samantha…nice to see you again too.”
“Shh…call me Danna.” I tell him quickly.
“I know.” he says when he slides his half eaten apple pie to me.
“I had to lie to Flex to come here you know. It wasn’t easy getting a personal night off…especially when you’re…me.”
“I know, and I cannot thank you enough. Wyatt, and Ryker are doing well. The only thing I worry about is Wyatt’s job. He works so late that I just think he’ll die of his job.”
“Listen to my wisdom…you must go to this place called Night Rose Academy. There you will find him…pondering in his thoughts. He has so many…and needs your guidance. I fear he’ll break if he doesn’t get help. Go to him…he needs you. I think it’s time the lovers are back in each other’s arms. He doesn’t know how much he needs you right now even though he’s the one that pushed you away. You don’t know how much you need him…so go to him. Don’t waste any time. You both need to learn…to forget, and to forgive. My advice is one, and only one. I must go…before Flex sees this. I can’t be around you, and every second I am here…I am putting my life in danger. I am sorry that I can’t give you more time, but it is what is.” he says.
I sometimes forget how wise he can be due to his age.

Chapter 3


“Where have you been?!” yells Wyatt when I came into the apartment.
“I’m a big girl…I’m allowed to be out on my own…I swear.” I tell Wyatt with a small smile.
“I don’t care…I don’t want you to die on my watch!” he says when Ryker walks in.
“Oh brother…” Ryker says with amusement. He gives me a big hug and then walks away.
“It’s not funny you two!”
“We know!” Ryker and I say at the same time.
“So…where have you been?” Ryker asks when all three of us look at each other.
“Out visiting a very…old friend of mine.”
“Like?” Wyatt asks.
“You remember Greg Brooks don’t you?”
“Isn’t he dead?” Ryker asks. “I swear I killed him.”
“No…he’s not dead. He is now the Death Angel. Been the Death Angel since Jackson Smithson was killed by that…one man. Oh…shit what was his name? I know the killer’s daughter is the new queen now. All fair due to the laws.”
“I swear…how he is still alive. I thought I killed him with my lighting magic.” Ryker says in a little anger.
“He’s my close friend! You best not try to kill him again or I’ll kill you, or have Flex after your ass. You’re a fugitive Ryker, and you know that. You’re dam lucky that Greg hasn’t sent the dogs yet. He knows where you are, and he’s keeping you alive to keep me alive you. Both of you…so don’t you dare!” I say to them.
“And why would he keep you alive? There has to be a logical explanation to it. Nobody in the vampire books are ever that…law breaking …especially the Death Angel, who has the noose ready to be put on his neck when they break the laws, or law.” Wyatt says to me.
“He’s my friend in more ways than ever.” I tell them.
“What?!” they both screamed at me.
“ We…sort of had an argument…and I think it’s about time we saw each other.”
“Who?”
“His brother…Vince Brooks.”
“ Son of half-row maniac! For the love of pizza! Anybody but Vince! He almost chopped my balls off the one year! Anybody but him!! “ yells Wyatt in anger as he throws his glass of water at the wall. Next thing I knew as he cursed out every swear word in the book he punched a hole in the wall.

Chapter 4

(Night Rose Academy)
“Now you’re trying to kill me Vince?” Wyatt asks when he caught the dagger thrown at him from Vince.
“Well look who the cat dragged in.” Vince says when I walk in with a small smile. He’s changed a lot since the last time I’ve seen him, but of course I expected that.
Vince now has shaggy black hair, sky blue eyes, pale skin, thin, and he’s wearing a black coat (dark blue lining), black shirt under his coat, and black pants that he steps on with his black boots.
“Why is she calling you Vince, Keagen?” asks a student.
“How in hell did you find me?”
“So is that what you are going by these days? Keagen? What a lovely name for you.” I joke a little when I look at Ryker.
“Class you are dismissed…for the rest of the evening.”Vince (Keagen) says to them.
“Let’s settle things Vince.”
“Call me Keagen, and I’ll call you Danna. Seems fair isn’t it?” he says when the student look at me as they exit the room.
“Never thought you would become a school boy. But of course I forgotten that you always liked your reading.”
“I think I’m more a teacher here. Teaching young vampires history, and the laws of being a vampire. They have to know before they break the rules. Most days are just flat out hell…but we take it one step at a time.” He says coldly.
Wyatt closed the door when all the students left the room.
“…”
“Why have you dared come here?” he asks coldly.
“Because I wonder who the queen is to you. I feel your emotions have sunk to a lower level than ever. Did you forget already?” I ask him with a smirk.
“She is nobody of your concern.” he tells me.
“When she has messed with my husband’s emotions she is! You loved her didn’t you?!” I yell at him. He growls at me and Wyatt growls at him.
“You best leave her alone or else your buddies won’t be able to save you either. Just because you’re my wife…doesn’t mean I won’t take you down Samantha.” he says through his teeth.
“And I love you Vince. I love you so much.”
“Then do me a favor and don’t destroy my little rose.”
“So you admit you love girl? “
“I took her in when she was a little girl. What more do you want to hear? That I love her? Yes I love her, but not in any sick way. I watched her grow up, and you dare say that I’m in love with the girl that is now queen? I’ve raised her as my own child. I love her as if she was my own daughter. How sick are you?” he says coldly.
“I’ve been watching her…I’m one of the maidens in the royal palace. I’ve been keeping close eye on her Vince.”
“And?”
“She’s a vampire now by Flex’s doing. She was turned three weeks ago when there was a full moon in the sky. They had a …rather nice evening together in getting to know each other, and then he turned her. He is keeping good care of her.” I tell him softly.

Chapter 5

“Flex…” says the queen when she came in. He looks up from his work, and I see a sexy smirk stretches across his face as he looks at her.
Queen Jaylyn looked beautiful as she came walking over to Flex. Long beautiful white hair, black eyes, pale skin, thin, and tonight she wore a beautiful tube top black dress that dragged on the ground a little, and black flats that looked like high heels. She didn’t wear her crown made of gold (it looked like a princess’ crown), but she did wear her earnings on her right ear (from the bottom to all the way up).
“Jaylyn…” he says calmly.
“I’m hungry.” she tells him.
“It’s…maiden what time is it?” Flex asks me.
“Dinner time.” I tell him softly as I stand there with the cup of water he had wanted before getting angry at Hank (also known as Greg Brooks).
“Oh…so it’s five ‘o’ clock?” he asks.
“Yes king.” I tell him.
“I see.”
“Come on Flex…come eat dinner. I had them make my favorite meal.” she says when Flex gets up slowly.
“And what would that be?” he asks her with amusement.
“Lasagna…and a glass of blood to go with it.” She tells him.
“You didn’t know that was my favorite too?” he asks.
“I did when the maiden asked me the king’s favorite? I didn’t know until then.”
“I must be lucky.” He tells her when they reach the door way.
“Why?” she asks.
“Because I got a very intelligent queen.”

And Flex would be right in her intelligence. Too intelligent that I admire her intelligence. I want it so bad that I wish I could be her. Keagen taught her well, and I respect that dearly. My own husband was able to raise a child successfully and make her be a somebody. But then I have to remember her family broke the laws just like I had done years before her family came to…be. There was room in the history books for that event that it brought the vampire kingdom to sorrow. She has no clue in how much emotion we truly have that I sometimes wonder if she’ll lose her head.
She hasn’t fully let go of her human ways, but I guess that is just her personality. Being stubborn, but intelligent. She has argued with Flex that I thought he would kill her, but he didn’t. She has stood up to Flex’s choices in punishments that I thought he would lock her up, but he didn’t. He’s a changed man for her. But why?
Why her? I don’t see why she’s so special in all ways. He could have any girl he wanted, but why Jaylyn? The daughter to the killer? The intelligent human being who is now a vampire. Her powers are equal, but odd in its way. She can kill you in one touch, and she can also make you live in one touch. It doesn’t hurt her to use whatever she chooses (to kill or make alive in one touch). She can touch Flex’s bear skin like I use to without being affected. This would mean she can touch me without being affected. She touched a dog and it dropped dead. She touched it again when thinking about life, and it was alive. She felt no pain. How is it possible? These are just the smallest things I wonder in Flex’s bite when he turns a human to a vampire. What else can he make be? What would their off spring be like if they were to have a natural born child?

Chapter 1

“Where is she?” asks a boy when Keagen keeps writing in his black notebook. Funny he thought because class doesn’t start until another half hour. He looks up to see one of the boys on the day class wearing maybe his pajamas.
He has shaggy brunette hair, dark gray eyes, peach skin, thin, and he wore a white shirt, black sweat pants, and blue jeans.
“Who are you?”
“It’s Wyatt Austin to you Keagen. So where is Jaylyn Roselyn?” he asks.
“Why would you need to know? She no longer attends this academy. She moved away.” Keagen tells him coldly.
“Then where did she move? I have to tell her something very important that she wanted me to look up.”
“Like she would ever ask you to look something up. If she wanted info she would do it herself.”
“Look Keagen…this is very important. Something that she has a right to know before the king of your kind finds her, and turns her into something she doesn’t want to be.”
“What do you mean Wyatt?” he asked him.
“Her father never killed that Death Angel. He was trying to save his life. Something that your kind forgot to look into. I looked into the death…and well there was something not right about her father’s statement. It was off.”
“You’re telling me that the way we did the investigation, and the way said he was guilty wasn’t right?”
“Yes…the whole thing isn’t right.”
“…”
“I didn’t think so. So take me to see her now before the king changes her. You know it’s not fair if this was to happen. It’s…just not justice.”


“Then you tell me what justice is when the evidence points to her father. He is the one that shot the smoking gun that killed our Death Angel. Prove to me that it’s not justice when we are following the laws, and making sure we get our share of justice too. When he killed him…he broke the law, and sealed his families’ fate. When he said he was guilty by all means he sealed his and his families’ fate. Tell me what I don’t know, and maybe I’ll just take you to see Flex himself.” Keagen tells him coldly.
“That wasn’t her father’s gun that had been shot that night. He picked it up, and to end his misery he shot him because he knew that there wasn’t any road to recovery for him. Her father’s gun is True Blood Night Cross Roses; the only gun that could never ever be copied. Many tried to copy that golden gun, but it always failed. Night Cross Roses would have ended his life in one shot and one shot only. Don’t you sit here and try to tell me that her father was the true killer. He didn’t fire that first shot from the gun known as True Cross. That was never his gun…and he sure in hell didn’t have a gun like True Cross. Just his own gun, True Blood Night Cross Roses.” Wyatt says to him coldly.
Keagen didn’t know what to say as he looks eye to eye with Wyatt. With the one boy that Jaylyn went to for help. He couldn’t understand why she had gone to this boy that barely knows anything. He couldn’t see what she saw in him, and why out of everybody…why him?
“I’ll take you to see the king…early in the morning. I’ll pay our way there, and back.”
“We just might not come back for sometime Keagen. I have something for the king too.” he tells him.
“Gain your rest, and pack some clothes Wyatt. You got a long journey ahead of you, and surely a lot of explaining to do to me.”
“I don’t have to explain anything to you. You don’t know me Keagen. You don’t know Jaylyn like you think you do.”
“I love Jaylyn with all my heart and I have watched her grow. Don’t you tell me that I don’t know the one girl that I have seen grow before my eyes? I know her best Wyatt.”
“Then tell me why she is scared of the one man that ever loved her as a father after her true father fell to his death.”

Keagen looked at him with a little hate as he knew the answer to that. He yelled at Wyatt to get out, and Wyatt left. Keagen knew this to be so true in it all.

Chapter 2

(At the Palace of King Flex)




“Who are you?” King Flex asks when he came into the ruling room with his head held high.
“I am Wyatt Austin, and I have come with information.”
“So…Keagen has brought you here to waste my time?”
“He has valuable information.” Keagen tells me.
“It better be good to have wakened me from my nap with my queen. I was enjoying it, but I guess not today.”
“It’s much good if we are not too late.”
“Jaylyn Roselyn shouldn’t have to answer for the crime. He didn’t do the first shot on the Death Angel.”
“…”
“There had to be somebody else. He didn’t want him to suffer because he knew that the Death Angel couldn’t recover from it, so he took the gun, and finished him off. Her father doesn’t own the gun that killed the Death Angel.”
“You think I don’t know this. The case on his death is done. Sealed, and filed away.” King Flex says coldly.
“And you can’t change her! It’s not justice!” Wyatt yells at him.
“He had a helping hand in the death. The other was put to death. The one who fired the first shot was a vampire who owed the Death Angel money, and so he shot him with the gun that he stole from a vampire hunter. That vampire and his family were…killed under the vampire laws.”
“Then why her? Then why charge her family with the punishment?”
“Because he could have lived.” Jaylyn says when she comes walking in. Wyatt looked shocked to see her as she comes walking in; wearing the queen’s crown.
“Jaylyn.” Wyatt says when she stands next to King Flex.
“Leave it alone Wyatt. I read the whole file. The first shot wasn’t anything major…but my father’s shot ended his life. I have read to the vampire laws, and the vampire hunter’s laws…and I have accepted it. There’s nothing to change what has been placed upon my family, and myself. You can’t fight the laws Wyatt.” Jaylyn says coldly.
“But it’s not the right justice.” Wyatt says coldly.
“Let it rest Wyatt. I’m sorry I even bothered you before I was dragged here. Let it be Wyatt.”
“That vampire would have died anyways before your father shot him. He would have bled out massively.” Wyatt says coldly.
“NO he wouldn’t have. He had his own healing powers that allowed him to recover in 10 minutes.” King Flex says coldly.
“Fine…” Wyatt says in concern when he watches Jaylyn take King Flex’s hand.
“So this was pretty much a waste of time.” King Flex says when he looks at Keagen.
“There is more.” Wyatt says to him.
“Like?”
“You need to stop them before they reach my home village. 265 vampires are coming to attack us. I found this out because I did my own snooping and found this cave. Inside this cave were important things, and this was the only important thing I could find. My village is known as Bloody Guns.”
“And why should my people help yours before this goes down? Your village has killed every Day Watcher I have sent there to keep count of the vampires there, and to make sure all the peace is there. They have fought for themselves when a vampire riot came their way. So why should I help them now?” King Flex says.
“It is your duty to protect the people of the lands for you are the king. It is your duty to keep the peace among vampires, and vampire hunters. And you know that we can’t fight this time around. So you wouldn’t be doing your job unless you protect the people of the village. You have to.”Wyatt protests.
“Plus you owe him. He saved my life years ago from his uncle before his uncle killed me.” Keagen says to him.
“Is this true? You saved Keagen?” King Flex asks.
“I did. I kicked my uncle in the balls, and he yelled in pain. It was enough time for Keagen to get away after I pushed my uncle into the lake.”Wyatt says. King Flex nods once, and then says for them to come. King Flex sent out Day Watchers, but the orders were not to go into the village. Wyatt would have to go back, and get them to cooperate with the vampires that King Flex sent in order to help them deal with this problem. He sent out spies to find the group, and take count. He sent out some Peace Makers to snoop out in how many were strong.

Chapter 3

“Jaylyn…” Keagen says when he walks towards her a little. She looks up from the beautiful rose to see him. Jaylyn looks away as he stops in front of her.
“I need to know Jaylyn.” He tells her coldly when she picks the red rose.
“Need to know what? There isn’t much to say to you.”
“Why not?”
“Because I have nothing to say to you. There isn’t much to say anyways.”
“Do you forgive me Jaylyn? I need to know. “he tells her.
“I…don’t know what I would do Keagen.”
“What do you mean?”
“You saved me out of guilt. Because you knew my father was innocent, and not guilty. You knew…didn’t you?”
“I did…yes, but I cannot change the laws even for him who wanted to see no vampire suffer a slow death.”
“You…never told anybody…because you were scared of what Flex would do. But don’t you see…Flex isn’t what you think. He’s a man of understanding, and he doesn’t rule with an iron fist. He puts the people before him, and he puts the needs of the people before him. He works hard to keep the empire at peace. He’s the greatest king to have ever ruled and the only king so far. He is not a monster, and he doesn’t have such a cold heart. Not like you think.”
“You’re in love with that…king?!” Keagen asks in shock.
“Yes I am, and if you don’t mind…I love him. We get along just fine thank you very much. He doesn’t treat me like a child like you. He respects me. Get over Keagen. I’m not the little girl you think I am. I can defend myself, and I can fight for myself. I don’t need somebody to fight my battles for me anymore. But you’re the only one who can’t see that. Why?”
“You may think we vampires don’t have any feelings but we do. We have emotions that you don’t see. Why can’t you see that Jaylyn?”
“Leave me alone Keagen. Have you not done enough?” she asks him.
“NO I haven’t I guess. As much as you hate me…you still need me in your life, and I still need you Jaylyn.” He says.
“I know Keagen…and that is why I’ll always love like a daughter should. I love you unconditionally.” she tell him softly.
“Then do not push me away Jaylyn.” he tells her.
“I will when I wish to. I talk to Flex more than you think. I’ll be just fine Keagen. Trust me.”
“I will…forever Jaylyn.”

Chapter 4


But hold it. You are forgetting somebody. Somebody that seems to know everything that could possibly be. The second most important person that seemed to have made their way into the cruel way. Who has indeed shoved off the negative words of the world, and proved people wrong.

I wouldn’t say one person, but I would say there are three people. Have they not suffered enough? Have they not heard it all from the time they started?

Let me show you dear reader in what I mean.
(76 miles on the outskirts of Bloody Rose; at a abandon mansion)
He sits there scheming in his head as he looks deep into the fire. All the evil thoughts that could ever be resting in his mind, but waiting to be used. He’s very intelligent, and knows all too well. He’s not a very nice guy, but he could be if he wished. His name is Sapphire Riot…the twin to Flex Riot. He was born as a human while Flex was born as a vampire. He was turned into a vampire back when he was 16 just after Flex had left. But of course Flex never knew he had a twin brother because nobody told him about Sapphire…so he always thought he was the only child.
Sapphire’s ability are the same as Flex, but he can produce massive lighting out of the sky, and send lighting through your veins in one touch. It is why he always wears black gloves unless he was going to kill you.
He has shaggy black hair, sapphire eyes, pale skin, thin, has arm muscles, six pack, and tonight he wore a black button up shirt, and blue jeans that he steps on with his black boots.
The girl who was sitting on his lap as he rocked back and forth was his favorite, and would always be his favorite. Took her right out of the orphanage when she a little girl. She obeys him well because she simply fell in love with Sapphire. She had found her own little way of doing so after he turned her; when she was turned she could see everything around her in perfect color.


Her name is Alison Harvey, and she once was a blind girl in a orphanage. Now she has aged to be a beautiful woman that Sapphire seems to love the most. She has long black hair, dark green eyes, pale skin, thin, and tonight she wore a black tube top shirt, and blue jeans that she steps on with her black boots.
Her abilities are the same as Sapphire, but she can also drain your energy in one touch. Her powers are neutral when she touches Sapphire, but deadly to others. Sapphire has no effect on her either, but deadly to others.
These two make a deadly combo, and together they seem just…perfect.

“What kind of hell are we going to do next?” he asks her as he keeps rocking back and forth.
“I don’t know Sapphire.” She tells him shyly when he looks into the flames. Sapphire…” came a demanding voice as he strokes Alison’s soft hair.

This man has shaggy gray hair, dark green eyes, pale skin, thin, and he wore a black coat that goes to his knees, a white shirt, and black pants that he steps on with his black boots. His name is Topaz Amberson, and he’s just about downright nasty when he fights. Topaz is a vampire indeed, but there is a side that nobody has ever seen.
“What could it possibly be?”Sapphire asks in a little anger.
“There are Day Watchers watching the town, and there seems to be…Peace Makers studying our group. They seem to know that something is going to happen.”
“And where are the other…troops?”
“That is all the troops they have sent.”
“You fool!!” he yells in anger. Alison quickly gets off his lap and Sapphire gets up in anger. Before Topaz could say more Sapphire had against the wall (hand on his throat). “How stupid do you think I am?!! My brother would never send just those! You Find Him Now or I’ll have your head on a silver plate!!!!” he yells at Topaz in such anger that you just might have thought Topaz would have pea his pants.
“Yes…Sapphire…” Topaz says in a little fear.
“Get Ron, Yin, the twins, and Ally out there with you. You find them now!”
“Of course…”
Alison looks at Sapphire in fear as he threw a glass cup at the wall in anger. He looks at Alison as she backs away in fear.
“Come here Alison.” He says coldly. She goes to him without a second thought.
“You know I would never hurt you… come…let’s go take a swim.” he tells her.
Sapphire keeps scheming in his head as the clock ticks by slowly. Alison sleeping as she listens to his heart beat. Things in her dreams tease her so much just like how she always wanted the stars, but she knew the stars would forever be glued in the blackness to light the way for the dreamers.
Alison wouldn’t hurt anybody unless she was defending herself. When she met Sapphire he would whisper poems into her ear as she sat by the window. She would tell him it was sweet of him. To her Sapphire wasn’t a threat to her life at all, but an addiction to her. She told nobody about him because she liked him so much. They would spend the night talking until she was too tired to even talk any more. He would lie in bed with her until she would fall asleep. The night he asked her to come she was scared to leave the orphanage, but she always knew what she wanted. And when she knew there was no stopping her, and Sapphire was what she wanted.

Chapter 1

“War?” Jaylyn asks when she looks at Flex.
“You will stand in my place until I come back.”
“Flex you can’t go!” she yells to him.
“I have to my love…there is no other option. A king must do what a king must do.”
“…”
“I am sure you will make a fine queen Jaylyn, and do what is needed to keep the peace in the kingdom.”
“And what if you don’t ever come back?!” she yells at him when he walks to the door to leave.
“Then you will be free. You either stay queen, or give the thrown to Keagen, or his brother, Hank. It’s in my will when you look at it when I am dead. I am not condemning you to this hell hole.” he tells her coldly.
He had nothing else to say, but one last goodbye. He kissed her on the lips, and he left with no words for her to say. Just got onto his black horse and left.
I have always lived with fear no matter where I went and who I went with. There was always fear that I might just never be on this earth, but that fear was erased when Flex turned me. His heart beats erased all the nightmares, and all the fears until morning come. But what am I now? One of them…the walking dead. And even I have to admit I was wrong.
They do have emotions that they carry; just because they do not show it doesn’t mean they don’t have any. I remember a night when I snuck past some guards and maidens too. Peeked into a room, and saw Flex crying. I didn’t dare ask, nor did I dare disturb him in the matter. He proved to me that vampires have all sorts of emotions that I never thought could exist in one. I always thought…they were heartless creatures born by mistake; upsetting the balance of how life is forever.

“Jaylyn…orders from the king.”
Looked up to see Keagen wearing one of The Legendary Four pins, and a tattoo on the left side of his neck that looks much like Dimitri’s. Now him…part of a…rank that has to feel no emotions in order to their job.
“Keagen…you too?” I ask in a little fear when I stand up.
“Shamus died on the battle field. You are to give these to his…sister and this to his wife. To save you some time I have sent out the letter so that they will come. I take his place…and you must do your duty too. War is here Jaylyn…and we can’t ignore it. It is an army of vampires, and new ones too that not know of what they fully are. An army…has been made up…and that isn’t the least of our troubles. We will be sending you a box of dog tags of our fallen. You must deliver the news…to the family.”
“D…deliver such…news.” I managed to say.
“I’m sorry Jaylyn. Now you will know what Flex has done when these things came up. After the war the families got the dog tags, and a letter. They came here to receive the dog tags of their beloved one. I know it was very hard on Flex, and I know it will be very hard on you. Plus the law of war is now in effect. All those able to fight are to fight. From 16 and up for boys ; two from each home unless they are twins. For the girls 16 and up will be nurses. We’ll need all the nurses we can get.”













(Three days later)


Martha has long blond hair, hazel eyes, pale skin, thin, and tonight she wore a nice white shirt, blue jeans, and black shoes.
The wife is Samantha and she has long black hair, brown eyes, pale skin, thin, and tonight she wore a black shirt (maybe one of Shamus’), and blue jeans that she steps on with her blue shoes.
Martha was shocked to see that Shamus was married.
“I have news for both of you about Shamus.” I say shyly.
“No…” Samantha says when she shakes her head no when I held up his pin. She covers her mouth in such horror, and turns away as tears start to stream down her face.
“I am sorry, but he died on the battle field. The king, and I thank you for his services, and we are proud of him for his actions during his years of services. We have no choice but to… keep you in secrecy about the death of Shamus until the war is over. If word is out that he is dead, and that there is a war going on…you will be in prison for seven years…both of you.” I say to them smoothly as tears stroll down their faces. I give them their letters, and the pin to Samantha.
“We sincerely sadden by the loss of Shamus. He was so very close to Flex, and to the other three. You don’t know how much Flex is sorry for his loss.”
“How…did he die?” Martha asks coldly.
“How can you even ask that?! My husband is dead!” Samantha yells at Martha.
“And I am his sister! I deserve to know! I loved Shamus, and I grew up with the boy! I have a right to know! I don’t even know his secrets anymore. He never told me anything! Not even about you! Maybe if you had the guts to come meet me yourself…then maybe I wouldn’t care in how my brother died!” Martha yells at her.
“He…was hit by lighting seven times in a row. He went into complete shock before anyone could get to him. A new vampire cut his throat three times, and left him to die on the field. It was too late to save him when the medics got to him. I’m sorry… but there was no other option but to put him to death. He was far out of reach for help…he wouldn’t have recovered from the shock, and the massive blood loss. We wouldn’t wish to put him on the Death Angel’s list due to the fact that the blood loss was making his mind go crazy. I’m sorry for your loss. Truly am.” I tell them.

More dog tags came, and with each dog tag was a letter for each family. The more I got the more the news had to be said. War was war, and it was now at its bloodiest time.
There was the Frank Twins…only 16 years old, and they were Peace Makers. They left behind three little sisters, a sick father, and a mother. They use to live on a farm in which seemed to do just fine for this family.
Greg Yuckier; age 34, and he left behind three sons, and wife that loved him dearly.
The Jaxson twins and their father fell to their deaths. The twins were 20 years old…sparing their young brother who is 17 years old. They died in the war from a new vampire that ripped their hearts out. The father was 67 years old, and he died from a lighting strike.
There were five boys from the same family…that went to war. Three of them in which were already Peace Makers before the war even started, and two which were sent there when it started. The mother cried her eyes out, and she said now she has nothing to live for because she has no sons to go home to see.
Many more families got their news like that, but there was just one that seemed all too disturbing.
His name was Samuel Levison. He was 22 years old, and started to get his life around. He stopped drinking, and got married. He has a five year old daughter who loves him to death. That little girl took one look at me, and I swear I didn’t want to tell her the truth as I looked her in the eyes. She said “you’ll bring Daddy home won’t you? You’ll bring him safe so I can eat hot fudge Sunday with him, and walk on the beach him like we do every Sunday. You’ll bring him home…won’t you?”
So I said the news, and that little girl started to curse at me. She screamed at the top of her lungs as her mother stared at me in shock. She didn’t know what to do as her daughter cries, and cries. The daughter was just heartbroken as she screamed out “Daddy! Daddy!” over and over again until she could no longer say a word through her tears.

But I had to carry on with the news to each family. I had to because that was my job as the queen for now.

“Queen…”
Turned to see Keagen.
“How long have you been standing there?” I ask him when I walk back over to the dinner table.
“Long enough to see you so heartbroken like Flex once was when he delivered the news to the families that lost their beloved ones.”
“It’s true…” I tell him.
“What is?” he asks me.
“That there is a melody that vampires can hear when their loved ones are dead. But I wonder who died that night back when I heard the melody before I was a vampire.”
“And confusions will come out.”
“Nadia is still alive in the prison cell…and Bailey is free. But I don’t know anybody who died…that could have possibly made me hear the melody of a vampire.” I tell him as I wipe away my tears.
“Then you should take a look at the records of your family again.”
“…”
“They never said that your father was put to death. You saw allusion the night your…family was killed. Your father faked his own death. It is how Flex was able to get his hands on information. Your father…he’s the one who faked his death to get away from the law. You took his punishment, but the law found him. The Death Angel found him along with The Legendary Four. He was vampire all this time…one who was a coward. But he was slowly losing his mind out of guilt. It just happened to land on the day that Nadia was taken in. He was put to death at 2am when it was saw that he wasn’t going to let go of the hallucinations that he was seeing.” Keagen tells me.
“He was alive…all this time?”
“Yes…” he says coldly.
“Why didn’t anybody tell me?” I ask him.
“Because Flex didn’t want to disturb what has been. He didn’t want to cause uproar with you, and the vampire society. If the vampires knew…there wouldn’t be much a world. It was a very dirty secret…to keep…and I’m sorry about that. But we had to for the sake of safety. So in order to keep balance we knew what had to be done. You…either die, or be one of us. Flex didn’t want to go along with it, but then he was reminded that the people would start to wonder in where the justice was for them. He hated the fact he had to make it an unfair thing. He told me that one day I would have to tell you this if you were to start to wonder about that night…that you heard the melody of a vampire.”
“Give this to Flex…he’ll know what it means.” I tell him.
“You’re…wedding ring?” he asks in confusion.
“Something me, and Flex know about. You can ask him yourself.” I tell him.
“Very well then queen.”
“Maybe it’s time I ask my fair share of questions to see how many secrets my husband has. But then again…not all secrets are meant to be heard by the ears of anybody.”
“…”

Chapter 2
War slowly came to an end as the rain started to fall. It was finally over after 9 months of warfare (from April to December). The cause of the riot that turned into war was just as about as it could get, but then again I could see why they wouldn’t wish for me to have a queen.
“Flex…I think you should hurry home…we can help the vampire hunters gather their dead as we collect our dog tags.” Keagen tell me as I pick up one’s dog tag.
I look around for a moment, and see villagers that we defended, and any vampire hunter that could move just help the villagers collect their dead people. Some vampire hunters that couldn’t move due to very bad injury were being carried away; the ones that weren’t so badly wounded helped the others.
“I know.” I tell him.
“You okay Flex?” Keagen asks me.
“I knew this man very well back when he started to serve me as a Peace Maker. All he ever wanted to be was a builder, but he never got that.” I tell him.
“Flex…”
“I think…I’m going to deliver the news myself to this man’s family.”
“You sure you want to do that?” Keagen asks me.
“Yes…I do.”
As I thought about the people who died in this war…there was one person who didn’t die. Lady Samantha. She looks at me as I walked up to her. I held out my hand to her for her take. She grabs a hold of it, and I help her up.
“I’ve been looking for you.” I tell her coldly.
“Flex.” She says smoothly.
“The years have been rough, but I have never seen a rougher year. By far this is the bloodiest war that I have ever encountered. Why it had to go down this way I don’t know. What a riot that is now declared as the 5th war for vampires. Help the other nurses please, and then you may go. You may have your freedom…because I have learned to forgive. I have found love again…but I can see you truly haven’t. You should hold onto Keagen, and see what you have been missing all along.” I tell her.
Liam Jadeson was the best Peace Maker I ever had. All he wanted to do though was build.
His wife… is Emma. I haven’t seen her a while, and maybe that’s why I didn’t recognize her when she opened the door. Emma has long black hair, brown eyes, pale skin, thin, and tonight she wore a black dress that went to her knees, and black heels.
“I’m sorry for your husband’s death.” I tell her when I held up the dog tag, and the letter I had written. Emma covers her mouth, and then bursts into tears as she drops to her knees. “Your husband died in honor.” I tell her.



I went back to the palace, and news came that my queen was in labor. I ran to her room in shock, and to my surprise I see that was true. She looks at me as she grips my hand in pain. A baby boy was born…and his name is Bret Dante Riot; the next to be king now.

But even in the dead beat of winter…there was joy to be found. Just because there was sorrow in all the deaths…I found my slice of joy…my son, and my wife.




Some things are clear, while other things are not. It just goes to prove in what can happen in the dead beat of winter. But dear reader let me show you something.
Riot- violent disturbance: a public disturbance during which a group of anger people becomes noisy and out of control often damaging property and acting violently. In law, a riot is typically defined as a group of three or more persons disturbing the peace for private purposes. 2.) Great display: a spectacular visual 3.) Something extremely enjoyable: a social occasion, event or experience that people enjoy in a wild, noisy, and energetic way.



Flex’s last name was never Riot. He never had a last name until he created it himself. He was a wild child, and one who often rebelled before he became king himself. He was full of energy, and usually celebrated things in a very noisy way. People would say “Oh here comes that Flex Riot up to no good again!” or they would say “What a riot that child is.”
They wouldn’t ever give him a chance when he was a kid. Of course he had his fair share of his own father’s abuse. Maybe it is why he was always such a riot. His people called him Flex the Riot, but then…over time his last name just simply became Flex Riot. So in every history book to vampires…it’s always been known as Flex Riot. Nobody ever dared to explore this, and ask how his last name came to be. They never thought to mention anything…they just simply declared his last name to be Riot, and Flex just simply agreed to it because he thought it suited him just fine.






DEATH TOLL




NEW VAMPIRES = 80,000
ANGERY VAMPIRES THAT SPARKED THE WAR= 90,000





THE ARMY=190,000




PEACE MAKERS=120,000




THE DAY WATCHERS=230,000




THE LEGENDARY FOUR=
1




THE DEATH ANGEL=
1



CITIZENS OF THE TOWN=
300



VAMPIRE HUNTERS=
2,000



ALL TOGETHER =
712,302




Keagen lost his brother (The Death Angel), Emma lost her husband, Samantha lost her husband, and many more lost the loved ones in their life.
Jaylyn- lost her family in the winter, and she meant the man who she looked up to. She found joy, and forgiveness in the dead beat of winter.

Keagen- lost his brother.

King Flex- he saw the burden in it all even when he didn’t wish to. Hard to ignore, but he couldn’t ignore it. But he found his small slice of joy.
In reality anything can happen to anybody. Even in the dead beat of winter.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 1 comment.


Wienk13 BRONZE said...
on Jan. 6 2012 at 7:25 am
Wienk13 BRONZE, Great Valley NY, New York
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Expectation is the root to all heart aches"- Willam Shakespeare.

Please read? its just a start...lol