Piano Chapters 1-4

Author's note: I started writing this book before I wrote Infinity, and I loved writing it. I haven't finished...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I started writing this book before I wrote Infinity, and I loved writing it. I haven't finished it yet, so you can definitely expect more from me!

If you end up liking this book, read Infinity: Part One! It's also in the Thriller/Mystery section.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Prologue

It was quiet on Trumpeter Street.

There was not a sound to be heard except for the quiet notes of a piano, coming from a small corporate building at the end of the street.

The Sforzando Music Company wasn't well known, but for the community it served, its music was well known and treasured.
Inside the corporate building, its proprietor, Phineas Staccato was playing the grand piano in the lobby. On top of the piano was a tiny remote, monitoring every sound the piano
Feel free to laugh--the name 'Phineas' is in this book.
made.

As the song of the piano rolled on, Phineas knew he had to hurry. His assistant would come down the stairs any second and return to his humble abode for the night. His assistant, Edward Timpani was the owner of an amazing mansion and boatloads of money—money Phineas had to get his hands on.

Just after Phineas finished playing his song on the piano, he heard the door swing open at the top of the staircase, and at the same time, a strange beeping came from the remote. Phineas smiled, rose from the piano bench, and went to the bottom of the massive staircase.

“You leaving for the day, Edward?” he inquired.

Edward Timpani stopped on the staircase, carrying a suitcase overflowing with papers. “Yeah...rough day...” he said.

The beeping sequence from the remote suddenly stopped, and behind Edward, a huge machine gun sprouted from the wall. Phineas was silent for a moment, and then shouted, “Look out!!”

Edward whirled around just in time to see the machine gun fire mechanically in random directions. Phineas smiled. Edward would never make it. But surprisingly, his assistant evaded the shots and ducked behind the wall. Phineas made an effort to push him back into the line of fire, but he knew better. If Edward survived yet again, he would lose his trust in Phineas and leave the company. Patience, Phineas thought. He'll die soon enough.

Finally, the firing ceased and Edward stepped out from behind the wall. “What the heck was that??” he exclaimed. “And where did that machine gun come from?”

“Uh, Edward,” Phineas replied. “Don't worry about this. I'll investigate it and you can just go home and relax for the night. But come back to work tomorrow, and don't be scared just because of this...oh, how should I put it...random machine gun.”

Edward nodded frantically. “Sure...uh...thanks...bye...” he mumbled just before he left the building in haste.

When his assistant was out of sight, Phineas took some machine gun ammunition out of his pocket and strode towards the weapon jutting out from the wall. “I'll try again tommorow,” he mumbled to himself as he filled the machine gun with ammo yet again.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 Next »

This book has 10 comments. Post your own now!

RyanTyler said...
Nov. 18, 2011 at 11:51 am
Why did you leave me with a cliffhanger ending? I loved it anyways. Can't wait till you post more!!

kingofwritersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...

Okay, right now I'm writing Infinity: Part Three, and while that's pending approval, I'm going to finish Piano Chapters 5-8, and then submit them.

So don't expect Piano Chapters 5-8 to be on the site in a while, but in the meantime, you can read some of my other stories! :)

AnimaCordis replied...

.... That was amazing! I feel like i just watched a really good movie, I have that sort of dazed feeling. Wow, this is really good! 

What an ending!

Thanks! I'm going to write more of this after I finish writing Infinity: Part Three!

StrangeJade This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Profuse apology on my part for forgetting to read this!! X_x Anyway, I've made it up to chapter two, and I think this is very engaging, very fast-paced and mysterious and, well, interesting! :) There is a bit of telling-not-showing going on, but other than that I can't really find anything wrong with it. I look forward to reading more!

Emiri said...
Again, I really like your plots. I mean, I really really really really really really -insert cursewords to stress likingness- your plots. I love how Phineas is thwarted agauin by Edward's family reunion thingy. And I love the names. Eliza! ;p The thing I don't like is the lack of detail. I'm a stickler (i love that word...) for detail. Using sentences to elaborate on unimportant actions and, uh, stuffs. that's just me though. I'd recommend editing out, "not even thinking about the peculiar incid... (more »)

StrangeJade, Emiri, thank you both for the feedback! :)

Kev-Girl said...
Oct. 21, 2011 at 11:45 am
Oh my gosh!! I just finished this, and it's amazing!I love the suspense you put into it, and I hate that I have to wait to read more! haha! Cause I really want to!  There are a few grammer mistakes, but that's no big deal. :)

Yeah, I can fix a few stupid grammar mistakes.

Thanks for reading! :)

kingofwritersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hey, I hope you like my story! Chapter 4 is freakishly long, and the name Phineas is in it, but it's still a reallly good story, and I hope you enjoy it!