Decoading Emily | Teen Ink

Decoading Emily

April 22, 2011
By Hawgs*Baby*Girl PLATINUM, morrison, Tennessee
More by this author
Hawgs*Baby*Girl PLATINUM, Morrison, Tennessee
23 articles 3 photos 3 comments

Emily was a fine person who had a very big heart she never got into trouble she had a wonderful life...Her best friends was Hailey,Alex,Morgan,Amber,Melissa and Brook.She was a born in Mcminnville T.N and was raised in Morrison were that is she found a dozen of what she thought would be life long friends and peers.... One day she changed from a very sweet open person. To a very peculiar person who never showed emotion of any kind ..One day Melissa"Emily's closest friend' introduced "Ally"...Melissa Bestfriend" to Emily ....See Melissa was the only person who Evan talked to Emily anymore..Ally was a very peculiar person as well except she was a very different person...She liked doing something called decoding people...Which is were she would take one person and try to break them down for example there was a very nice girl named Ashley she took her and broke her down... She told Ashley that she loved to be loved by people but she had a dark side as well she said that she took her unhappiness and dumped it on people especially her ex boyfriend who's name is Ryan he was in a very dark place but she still dumped her unhappiness on him to make her happy e.x. ...Ashley was shocked she knew it was true and shocked her that someone could know so much just by knowing her for a few days... Ally was looking for a challenge something harder she was looking at Emily...She wanted to know what made her tick what made her say and do the things she did she was like that with everyone...She had a very amazing theory that all child molester was connected in some way shape or form...She wanted to try and see... She had had some tragedies in her life were her family members had been melsted and she noticed a chain there.She wanted to know if she could take it further...She was a very interring person to talk to..She always told her friends that she was going to find out what Emily was hiding why she was the way she was...So as any girl she sat off on mission she would sit and take notes on her how she acted when certain people said certain things she noticed the very 1st day of her observations that this was not going to be very easy....

After a few weeks of observation she noticed that Emiliy had a very particular reaction when people would touch her like if a teacher was to pat her on the back she would jump...Ally had a theory that she had most likely been molested or beaten...she started to become very close to Emily...
she started to see a different Emily someone that she noticed was very different than she thought she was...on a Friday after noon they decedt that Emily would stay the night with Ally...so as they waited for Allys mother to get there they sat and talked on the side of warren county high school and chatted the fact of it is they never knew who would pull up but allys father Emily was very shy around allys father...
when they got to allys home the first thing they done was go to allys room and unpacked Emily's stuff being a nice guest ally went to unpack Emilys stuff and Emily threw a fit that only she was to touch her stuff...thinking quickly ally quickly wrote it down...ally had the "American dream" her father was a doctor her mother was a nice house wife... and Emily wanted it!!! Emily had a mission on her own...
so as the night went on they started talking ally noticed that Emily didn't have much to say....and that irritated ally she was being nice to the girl that hardly anyone even talked to...and she was mad and angry at herself for not being able to find out why Emily was the way she was....

As ally continued to do research using library news articles and talking to some elderly people in town... Soon after about a month of research she finally got a big crack in her case...it finally hit her why she was the way she was she had found a news paper article that was about a murder from 2000 it was the murder of Aniston Marie brooks and Harley Dewayne Brooks...
Harley was a drunken drug attic that had been raised in a foster home.Aniston was a very nice lady who wanted to help.On a cold night in December she had drained the gas out of her husbands car so he couldn't leave to get drunk...
Harley didn't like that to much so in order to get his fix he took out all his anger on his beautiful wife and his daughter Emily Celisse brooks...he brought his daughter in the room as she witnessed the killing of her mother and then her dad whispered to her that he was sorry and then shot his self....after that she looked up Emily's birth certificate and when she found it she seen that her theory was wrong...
she hadn't been rapped or molested she had witness something horrific....as ally came to herself she had an epiphany...she seen that Emily was just a part of a whirlwind of really hard times and chose not to talk due to she was being scared that someone would think she was looking for a pity story and she wasn't but what ally didn't know was that Emily was sicking into a deep depression and it was going to wind up being the death of her...

After seeing all the things ally seen and herd what all she did... she wanted to quit being Allys friend to..i know it sounds bad but here's why...
she had a theory that since Emily had seen the horrific things she did that she would want to kill as well and ally just couldn't take that risk she just couldn't do it..... as she was trying to pull away from Emily, Emily didn't like that she went over to her one and only friends home where she visited her friends Melissa,heather and Travis... as the chatted on about what few things Emily told Melissa that she thought that ally was on to something and Melissa tried to reassure her that ally was dumb and that she had nothing to worry about but inside Melissa knew that ally knew...Soon after Emily left Melissa went to talk to her sister and heather...and told her what had happened on that God offal day in 2000 and had told her sister that she was scared for her friend ally because Emily was about to break

As everyone's life went on normally Melissa started to notice something different....About Ally and Emily.
They didn't talk as much and she wanted to know why so she went up to Emily and made normal conversation for a while.
One thing lead to another and at the end before the bell rang to get back to class Emily gave Melissa a note don't let anyone see this Emily said the note said;

"One day and one day soon everyone will know like you now .
And that's when I will have to disappear.like a ghost
I Love you...But I know you understand"
Melissa sat and thought she knew what had happened... Well more or less what was going to happen...She knew what she had to do....Soon as she got home she ran to the house next door where her favor-it people lived she loved them all because they gave such good advise they lived right next door.She went and talked to Lori,Trisha and Dewayne soon to find out...She had to stop Emily from the horrible act she was about to commit...
But how that was the real question??

she finally had decided what was goingg to happen...just like in her letter she was going to disappear...
she worked harder than ever to get enough money so she could do what she had to...
as one thing lead to another she worked up 320.00 she was so happy...she had met her goal...
as she planned on how to scare ally"she didn't want to hurt her"she had thought and thought one idea was back her into a corner and yell but after a few hours of thinking Emily said no that's not good she had to do something were there was no witnesses...
no one to say that they had saw Emily do what she had planned for her...
a few days go by and she finally came to a conclusion on what she was goingg to do

on December 2end at 2:20 am she finally had decided what she was goingg to do as she pretended to grow back close to ally. day after day Emily got closer to thee 14the so on thee 13the she finally did it...as she looked into Allys eyes and shoved her on thee bed and told her what she was goingg to do she was going to tape ally up and tell her what she wanted ally to know...Emily wasn't stupid she knew theat ally was goingg to tell thee atheouritys...Emily also told ally theat she had placed a tracking device on her phone...so Melissa and only her would know where she was... what theey didn't know was theat thee phone was in thee back of a truck heading to Alaska...Emily had theought of it all she was running to Canada and was goingg to live theere until she knew it was safe to return back to Tennessee what she didn't theink about was is it ever goingg to be safe to return was she ever goingg to be able to live back in her home town?

the next day Melissa went to Emily's where she found ally she cut her loose and then ally told Melissa everything that had happened Melissa knew that Emily had lied she knew that this was a set up so Melissa knew she still had to tell the authorities so she did they went to the police station and told the cops Melissa also informed them that her friend wasn't stupid and there was noway she had put a tracking dive on her phone and took it with her she knew that she had put in on an animal or a truck so soon after that they waited... As Emily was running & sleeping under trees and such. she meet a man right out of the state of Tennessee they became fond of each other days went by and it felt like moths soon teachers and other peers forgot about her Emily lived her life. So close to where she had once known she never Even thought about stepping foot back into that state she knew as soon as she did she would be caught and she didn't want to risk the life she became to love and cherish she loved the man she was with Brandon M. Jackson he was very sweet and gave Emily everything she had ever wanted.... and soon after Melissa gave up but ally never did she always looked for Emily and knew one day she would find her and she would confront her about what she had done the one thing that was on her mind the one question Why??

Now I know you wonder what happend to everyone...
well my peers you can let you minds wonder and sway you can be
the author to the end of this story...



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.