In Between

Author's note: This is one of my first novels I have written. I really enjoyed writing it and am looking forward...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This is one of my first novels I have written. I really enjoyed writing it and am looking forward to writing more novels in the future.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23 Next »

Sam

Pen against paper, I am writing. Scribbling as fast as I can onto my piece of paper, I am on a roll, words flowing from my mind to my paper effortlessly.
“Excuse me.” a girl’s voice says, “Can you help me?”
I immediately recognize the sound of my sister’s voice, but I cannot look up to see her. My eyes are glued to the paper, and my hand continues to write words even though I am trying my hardest not to.
“I need directions.”
I write faster and faster, as if my body has a mind of its own.
“Hello? Can you hear me?”
I open my mouth to say, “Yes, Michelle, I can hear you!”, but when I open my mouth to reply, no words come out. I try to speak, but it is impossible without a voice.
Slowly, everything begins to fade from view. My body seems to be under a large pile of rocks, pinning me down to the ground, motionless. My mouth hangs there open, yet I hear no sound. Michelle’s voice becomes distant, and even though I cannot see her, I feel her disappearing.
I wake up in a cold sweat. I look around the room, but my sister is nowhere in sight. I want to tell myself it was just a bad dream, but my lips, as if they have a mind of their own, automatically mouth the words:
She is here.

Amina157 said...
Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:07 am:
This story is great, had me on the edge of my seat, i would love to read more, i think you could write from other people's point of views and make a saga :)

Freckles3 said...
Wow, I only just read the first chapter... It's really good! Yeah, it's a horrifying, terrible, monsterous, horrific, sad, gory, disgusting, and murderous idea... You did a really good job on this. The writing is superb, and I'm hooked. It's only the first chapter!

Laxgrl818 said...
Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:57 am:
I read the prologue, and it seems really really good. I want to keep reading it, but everytime I go to click on the next page, it goes back to the summary. Does anyone know how I could keep reading it?

xprincessrocker said...
Mar. 8, 2012 at 12:29 pm:

this is a really goooooooooooooood 

book i new and would like a few tips

because i am writing my first thriller story.

Surobhi_Moitrayee said...
Feb. 29, 2012 at 3:55 am:
i really liked it...i'd love if you'd try my book too...

DannehBoi said...
Oct. 30, 2011 at 9:34 am:
I. Love. This. Book!!!!! :D

DannehBoi said...
Oct. 30, 2011 at 9:24 am:

"reminds me of when Dad would take me out for ice cream, just the two of us. We would watch the cars. I would count the blue. He would count the silver."

Aww, That reminds me of the movie "Up" :)

DannehBoi said...
Oct. 23, 2011 at 10:46 am:
This story is really really good, but I'm a little confused... Michelle and Sam are brother and sister? And Michelle murdered Sam, but then Sam is alive and Michelle isn't coming home?? Whaatttt? -_-

.Izzy. replied...
Nov. 10, 2011 at 3:39 pm :
I'm assuming that you are referring to the prologue. The narrator of that is actually Hope, and it's the story of when she murdered her own brother. I wrote it to describe the mental illness she had which led her to kill Michelle.

DannehBoi replied...
Nov. 11, 2011 at 10:22 pm :
Yeah, haha thanks for telling me. I had found out already though, I finished the whole story (: It was really good, I liked it a lot (:

.Izzy. replied...
Nov. 12, 2011 at 10:06 am :
Aww thank you (:

DannehBoi replied...
Nov. 12, 2011 at 12:28 pm :
You are welcome (:

Emily.L said...
I only read the first 6 chapters so far, but I know I'll be finishing the novel! I don't understand how you even write entire thing and still make it good XD

KylaMThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 8:18 pm:
about how long did it take for you to write this? and how many pages was it writen out? to be honest, this was one of the most inspiring stories i have ever read! and u said that it was one of your first stories! i am also a writer, but i know that i prob couldnt top this. this story is amazing, keep up the great work!

.Izzy. replied...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 8:46 pm :
About a year I believe. I'm not sure how many pages I wrote this a while ago. But thanks!

KylaMThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 11:07 am :
your so talented!

.Izzy. replied...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 11:50 am :
Awhh thank you! That means a lot to me(:

RhythmAndRhyme said...
Jul. 15, 2011 at 12:57 pm:
Love the story! Great twist. Didn't expect that at all.

RhythmAndRhyme said...
Jul. 11, 2011 at 3:25 pm:
I swear, I'm going to start crying. The prologue is making me tear up! I have a younger brother about 7 years old with blonde hair and blue eyes...I kept imagining him as the brother in the story. It scares me so much.

Odessa_Sterling00 said...
Jun. 16, 2011 at 5:31 pm:
Good Job.  Hope you get this on most discussed.  :DD