In Between

Author's note: This is one of my first novels I have written. I really enjoyed writing it and am looking forward...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This is one of my first novels I have written. I really enjoyed writing it and am looking forward to writing more novels in the future.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 Next »

Michelle

I see her pull out the knife. The knife stained with my blood.
I see my brother. Shocked. Defenseless.
And then a thought pops into my head.
Impossible.
I try to push it away and start to think of something else.
No time.
I have to try.

I walk towards Sam, stepping through him. Fitting my limbs into his limbs. Filling his mind with my mind. When I lift up my arm, Sam’s arm lifts. It works. I am in Sam’s body.
Hope takes a step forward, a bloodthirsty look in her eyes. A look you wouldn’t expect from the fun-loving Hope I once knew.
“He loves you, Hope.” I say.
Hope freezes.
“Who?” she asks.
“You killed your brother. But he still loves you. I saw him in the dark part of the In Between. Where the soul faces the scene of death.”
“Michelle,” she almost whispers.
“He says ‘I loved my murderer’ over and over. Even though he cannot leave. He is stuck there. He can’t find peace.”
“No,” she drops the knife, “not Oliver. He doesn’t deserve that.”
“Because his situation was so drastic, he cannot leave. Not until his soul finds peace, that is. But how can he find peace when the one he looked up to murdered him? When I died, I was not stuck here. I could leave. I had peace because I was not betrayed by my family. I thought they would be safe.”
“They were. I had no intention of killing Sam. I just planned to steer him out of the way so he wouldn’t think it was me. The guilt is eating me alive, but I will never confess. When Sam started to figure things out, I panicked.”
“Why did you kill me?” I pause, “Why did you kill your brother?”
Hope falls to the floor in tears.
“I didn’t mean to,” she sobs, “Something unexplainable took over me. It was like a deathly obsession. When I murdered Oliver, I couldn’t live with the guilt. So when the time finally came, I applied for a college out of state to get away from my parents. And got my own apartment so I wouldn’t endanger a roommate.”
“But you came home to murder your best friend.”
“Yes. I did. I couldn’t help it.” Hope looks up at me like a helpless child, “I’m scared.”
I walk across the floor and pick up the knife.
“Join me,” I say, “Join your brother.”
Hope nods, taking the knife in her hands.
“I’m coming, Oliver.” she whispers before bringing the knife forth into her chest.

This book has 46 comments. Post your own now!

Amina157 said...
Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:07 am
This story is great, had me on the edge of my seat, i would love to read more, i think you could write from other people's point of views and make a saga :)

Freckles3 said...
Wow, I only just read the first chapter... It's really good! Yeah, it's a horrifying, terrible, monsterous, horrific, sad, gory, disgusting, and murderous idea... You did a really good job on this. The writing is superb, and I'm hooked. It's only the first chapter!

Laxgrl818 said...
Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:57 am
I read the prologue, and it seems really really good. I want to keep reading it, but everytime I go to click on the next page, it goes back to the summary. Does anyone know how I could keep reading it?

xprincessrocker said...

this is a really goooooooooooooood 

book i new and would like a few tips

because i am writing my first thriller story.

Surobhi_Moitrayee said...
Feb. 29, 2012 at 3:55 am
i really liked it...i'd love if you'd try my book too...

DannehBoi said...
Oct. 30, 2011 at 9:34 am
I. Love. This. Book!!!!! :D

DannehBoi said...
Oct. 30, 2011 at 9:24 am

"reminds me of when Dad would take me out for ice cream, just the two of us. We would watch the cars. I would count the blue. He would count the silver."

Aww, That reminds me of the movie "Up" :)

DannehBoi said...
Oct. 23, 2011 at 10:46 am
This story is really really good, but I'm a little confused... Michelle and Sam are brother and sister? And Michelle murdered Sam, but then Sam is alive and Michelle isn't coming home?? Whaatttt? -_-

.Izzy.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
I'm assuming that you are referring to the prologue. The narrator of that is actually Hope, and it's the story of when she murdered her own brother. I wrote it to describe the mental illness she had which led her to kill Michelle.

DannehBoi replied...
Yeah, haha thanks for telling me. I had found out already though, I finished the whole story (: It was really good, I liked it a lot (:

Nov. 12, 2011 at 10:06 am
Aww thank you (:

DannehBoi replied...
You are welcome (:

Emily.L said...
I only read the first 6 chapters so far, but I know I'll be finishing the novel! I don't understand how you even write entire thing and still make it good XD

KylaM said...
about how long did it take for you to write this? and how many pages was it writen out? to be honest, this was one of the most inspiring stories i have ever read! and u said that it was one of your first stories! i am also a writer, but i know that i prob couldnt top this. this story is amazing, keep up the great work!

About a year I believe. I'm not sure how many pages I wrote this a while ago. But thanks!

KylaM replied...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 11:07 am
your so talented!

Jul. 28, 2011 at 11:50 am
Awhh thank you! That means a lot to me(:

RhythmAndRhyme said...
Love the story! Great twist. Didn't expect that at all.

RhythmAndRhyme said...
I swear, I'm going to start crying. The prologue is making me tear up! I have a younger brother about 7 years old with blonde hair and blue eyes...I kept imagining him as the brother in the story. It scares me so much.

Odessa_Sterling00 said...
Good Job.  Hope you get this on most discussed.  :DD