New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

In Between

Author's note: This is one of my first novels I have written. I really enjoyed writing it and am looking forward...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This is one of my first novels I have written. I really enjoyed writing it and am looking forward to writing more novels in the future.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23 Next »

Sam

If you talk to me, it is considered social suicide.
The only person who ever talks to me is Nancy Ford, a girl who is desperately in need of a shower. She will sometimes sit herself down at my empty corner of the lunch table in the cafeteria so she herself will not have to sit alone. Her constant chatter about who knows what makes it hard to concentrate on my poetry.
Yes, poetry. Go ahead and call me a fag, I am used to the names by now. I carry my notebook around and use any spare minutes I have in between tests, or when the computer freezes and the teacher has to spend the next few minutes trying to figure out what is wrong, to write. To me, writing is freedom from the cruel world around me. I can say whatever I want with no limitations, and am not judged harshly by my peers. It is relief from the long hours I have to spend here in this hell teachers’ prefer to call school. I will not deny it, it is my obsession.
However, today not even Nancy Ford will talk to me, for last night my sister, Michelle, had mysteriously disappeared.
She probably figured that if she wanted to talk to me, she would have to stop talking about herself for once and try to give me some sympathy. A task too hard for her, she did not invite herself to sit with me at lunch today.
Next week, Michelle would have turned eighteen. She had almost lived to be an adult. She would have been a successful adult, too. A straight-A honors student and excellent musician, there would have been so much opportunity in the life which she has no chance to experience. On top of being a perfect student, she was also my perfect sister. She was the only one who was allowed to read my poetry, and she never had judged me for it, in fact, she always told me to keep my head high and someday I would be a great writer.
When she did not come home from school last night, I did not think much of it.
She was very busy with after school activities that this was not anything out of the ordinary. When dinner was served and Michelle’s chair was empty, Mom was muttering about how she could have at least called and Dad was choosing his words to scold her with as soon as she walked in the door. When the dishes were put away, I returned to my room to write poetry as if it were any other day, not worried at all. However, Mom and Dad began to get slightly worried when they called her cell phone and got her voicemail. They got even more worried when they called her some of her close friends, and they told them that Michelle did not show up to school at all. When they called her other peers, they got similar responses.
The police were called, but I still did not come downstairs. I scribbled away in my notebook a little anxious. I did not think that Michelle was harmed, I held firmly to the false belief that things like that just did not happen outside of newspaper stories, especially not to my sister. She was okay, and when she would come home we would all laugh about it while eating the cheesecake she had prepared the night before.
Michelle did not come home last night.
Despite this news, my parents still forced me to go to school. They, too, held on to the belief that things like this could not and would not happen to their beloved Michelle.

Amina157This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:07 am:
This story is great, had me on the edge of my seat, i would love to read more, i think you could write from other people's point of views and make a saga :)

Freckles3This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow, I only just read the first chapter... It's really good! Yeah, it's a horrifying, terrible, monsterous, horrific, sad, gory, disgusting, and murderous idea... You did a really good job on this. The writing is superb, and I'm hooked. It's only the first chapter!

Laxgrl818 said...
Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:57 am:
I read the prologue, and it seems really really good. I want to keep reading it, but everytime I go to click on the next page, it goes back to the summary. Does anyone know how I could keep reading it?

xprincessrockerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 8, 2012 at 12:29 pm:

this is a really goooooooooooooood 

book i new and would like a few tips

because i am writing my first thriller story.

Surobhi_Moitrayee said...
Feb. 29, 2012 at 3:55 am:
i really liked it...i'd love if you'd try my book too...

DannehBoi said...
Oct. 30, 2011 at 9:34 am:
I. Love. This. Book!!!!! :D

DannehBoi said...
Oct. 30, 2011 at 9:24 am:

"reminds me of when Dad would take me out for ice cream, just the two of us. We would watch the cars. I would count the blue. He would count the silver."

Aww, That reminds me of the movie "Up" :)

DannehBoi said...
Oct. 23, 2011 at 10:46 am:
This story is really really good, but I'm a little confused... Michelle and Sam are brother and sister? And Michelle murdered Sam, but then Sam is alive and Michelle isn't coming home?? Whaatttt? -_-

.Izzy.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 10, 2011 at 3:39 pm :
I'm assuming that you are referring to the prologue. The narrator of that is actually Hope, and it's the story of when she murdered her own brother. I wrote it to describe the mental illness she had which led her to kill Michelle.

DannehBoi replied...
Nov. 11, 2011 at 10:22 pm :
Yeah, haha thanks for telling me. I had found out already though, I finished the whole story (: It was really good, I liked it a lot (:

Nov. 12, 2011 at 10:06 am :
Aww thank you (:

DannehBoi replied...
Nov. 12, 2011 at 12:28 pm :
You are welcome (:

Emily.L said...
I only read the first 6 chapters so far, but I know I'll be finishing the novel! I don't understand how you even write entire thing and still make it good XD

KylaMThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 27, 2011 at 8:18 pm:
about how long did it take for you to write this? and how many pages was it writen out? to be honest, this was one of the most inspiring stories i have ever read! and u said that it was one of your first stories! i am also a writer, but i know that i prob couldnt top this. this story is amazing, keep up the great work!

Jul. 27, 2011 at 8:46 pm :
About a year I believe. I'm not sure how many pages I wrote this a while ago. But thanks!

KylaMThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jul. 28, 2011 at 11:07 am :
your so talented!

Jul. 28, 2011 at 11:50 am :
Awhh thank you! That means a lot to me(:

RhythmAndRhyme said...
Jul. 15, 2011 at 12:57 pm:
Love the story! Great twist. Didn't expect that at all.

RhythmAndRhyme said...
Jul. 11, 2011 at 3:25 pm:
I swear, I'm going to start crying. The prologue is making me tear up! I have a younger brother about 7 years old with blonde hair and blue eyes...I kept imagining him as the brother in the story. It scares me so much.

Odessa_Sterling00This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jun. 16, 2011 at 5:31 pm:
Good Job.  Hope you get this on most discussed.  :DD