Where the Path Ends | Teen Ink

Where the Path Ends

By paigecarter.1606 BRONZE, whakatane, Other
paigecarter.1606 BRONZE, Whakatane, Other
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

No matter what happens in life be good to people, being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind. -Taylor Swift

Author's note:

I was inspired to make this piece mostly because of a lot of horror movies I have watched and how detailed they are.

Sorry for any speeling mistakes if you find any, I'm not the best speller but I try, Cheers!

It was a sunny day, the crystal clear blue sky coated the world around me. The odd cloud quietly floats by. I lived in a small house out in the country. It wasn't anything flash but, it was home. There were miles of forest type bush behind our house, which I indended on exploring in the weekends. Something I loved to do in my spare time was to either write or draw anime. One of my bedroom walls is covered in my art. I was at school at the time. I was laughing with my friends at lunch and working hard during classes. The day finally came to an end. I collected my books and pens and walked out to the car park. I fiddled around my bag looking for my keys. Of course, right at the bottom of my bag, tipical. I sigh and put the key into the door and unlock it. I throw my bag over into the backseat and put on my seat belt. I started up the car. I close my door and begin to leave. I was only going about 5km. The car park was crowed with parents trying to leave with there kids. Beside my car was a huge 4x4 toyota, he was trying to leave and honked his horn in fustrastion. I looked at him and he gave me an evil glare. Confused I looked away and drove forward. I finally got onto the road and noticed the truck behind me. At first I didn't think anything of it, but everytime I turned he seemed to follow me. Panicked I turn I few more times and he is still there. Suddenly his engine reavse and he overtakes me. I feel a wave of relief. Before I could even do anything he brakes. I crash into him, smashing up the front of my car. The airbags in the car blow up in my face. I get out of the car and take a look at the damage. Rage serged through my body as I see the smashed up bonnet and broken window. He gets out of his car which only got a deep dent in it and walks over to me and begins pushing me.
"Who do you think you are!" I scream at him.
"What? You crashed into me!" he argues.
I pull out my phone and begin dialling 111(911) but he slaps the phone out of me hand and smashes the screen.
"What the hell!" I yell at him.
"Cops will just blame you anyway," he says smartly. "come on then, hit me, I know you want to."
"No, because if I make the first move then I get in trouble." I reply.
"Stupid girls." he mummbles.
That was when I snapped, I had him pinned on the ground before he even relized what I was doing. People from around the nieghbor hood had already called the police and I could hear the sirens in the distance. I stopped punching him and got up. He was surprized but didn't say anything. I went back to my car and pulled out my bag and my car keys. I picked up my phone off the ground and called my parents to tell them what happened.
The police arrived and talk to us seperatly about what happened. I told them the truth and about how he kept following me and I let loose on him. The police then take our ID and check it in the car. I'm still standing there and I see the police arresting the man. A police walks over to me
"Ma'am, this man is known for doing this kind of stuff to the locals around here, we have never been able to catch him until today because he always flees from the scene. We have contacted your parents and they are on there way to pick you up. If you could get anything of value out the the car, it'll have to be taken away to get fixed. You won't have to pay though. Have a good day ma'am." Says the police officer. I sit down on the footpath and look at my phone screen. A drop of blood lands on the screen. I wipe my nose and look at my hand. Nothing. I wipe my forehead and look. My hand was red. I turn on my camera on my phone and take a look. One of the shardes of glass must have hit my head. I search my bad for my small packet of tissues. I wipe off all the blood and look up to see my parents car pull in at the end of the road. I stand up and give a small wave to my mum who was fumming. She stops the car and gets out. I watch her walk over to the arrested man and nuts off at him. My dad gets out of the car and walks over to me.
"Are you ok?" he asks trying not to sound worried.
"Yeah, just a small cut on my forehead." I said weakly.
He inspects my forehead and his face turns white.
"what?" I ask getting worried.
"H-honey!" He yells out to Mum.
"Wha-" She begins, "Oh my god..."
My eyes start to tear up, "What! What is it!"
"We need an abulance." Dad says to mum.

Dad looked broken but remained silent. I lay there, the pain I was feeling, the complete agony that Before I knew it I was rushed to hospital. I still didn't know what was wrong or why they were so scared. I felt dizzy, I felt my eyes droop. One of the men on the ambulance looks at me and tries to get me to wake up. But. I already fell asleep. I woke in a hospital bed hooked up to tubes and heart monitors. I was alone. I looked around at the plain, undecorated walls. Just then a nurse comes in to check up on me. But, she looked surprised. "Hello." she said as happily as she could. "H-i." I managed to cough out. I then turned into a coughing mess. The nurse made me sit up and waited patiently as I coughed violently. Once I was done she just said, "I'll be right back." and she left. After a short time the nurse came back in followed by my parents. My mum burst into tears and ran over and hugged me tightly. "I thought that we lost you!" she wept. "What do you mean?" I ask. "Well, when you were in the car accident, apparently a shard of glass not only cut your forehead but also sliced your neck causing a near death experience." mum said, fighting back the tears as she spoke. "You are lucky to survive, although the crash didn't seem bad at all it did a lot of damage, also while we are on this topic, a few docters were running x-rays to find any broken bones, and was looking in the head area and found a brain tuma. If not fixed immediatly you could die." the nurse said with a sad tone. "What!" my mum yelled. "n-no, not my baby!" then she brust into tears again. ills my body from that crash, it makes me want to die. But, I have such a caring family and would do anything to see the happy and smiling. "Do whatever you have to do, you have to fix my little girl!" Dad says breaking the weeping silence. "That would mean emergency operations as soon as possible, she would also have to get air flown to one of the better hospitals further north." she said. "Do it!" mum weeped. "Yes ma'am." said the nurse as she left the room. The moniter beeped every now and then as my pareants were talking about the cost of the operation. After a few minutes a different nurse walked in carrying a clip board. She walks over to my bed and looks and the tubes attached to me and the heart moniter. She looked at me, smiled, wrote a few things down on her clip board and began to leave. "Wait." said mum. "Yes?" asked the nurse. "How much does it cost for the operation?" mum replied. "It depends ma'am, but for what I know it is very expencive" said the nurse as she left the room. Mum looks at dad then at me and begins talking to dad in a low voice. I sigh getting both of their attention. I look at them and give them a "what?" look. Mum and dad were asked to leave the room so that the docters could inspect me more to see if there was anything else wrong with me. I watched as the docters x-rayed me but not an x-ray for bones but for other problems. After a good half hour of being tested and looked at one of the doctors give a "we are in for more then we bargained for" look. I close my eyes and ask god not to let me die.

Today I was going in for my operation. I have know idea how it'll turn out, but if anything I just really hope that I don't die. I went to the hospital that morning where I was greeted by a couple of docters. I was lead to the operating room. They put a needle into my wrist. Then...Lights out. It took a good two hours before I woke up. Or at least that's what mum said. Once I finally woke up from my deep sleep, mum and dad were there standing next to my bed hoping and praying that I would wake up soon. I gave them a weak smile, which made my mum so happy to see me alive and well-ish. The docters said that it was a successful operation. My parents were so relieved to see me again. I felt sick and tired but I wanted to see them. I wanted to hear their voices again. I was told that I had to spend the night in the hospital to recover as best as possible. So mum and dad went home and I was left here...alone.

The next morning I was woken up by a nurse that had a hot breakfast waiting for me. I yawned and sat up. I looked at the food and thanked her very much as she left the room. I pulled the tray of food onto my lap. It had bacon and eggs with a mug of hot chocolate. I ate the food that I was given and took the cup of cocoa at walked over to the window by my bed. Walking wasn't easy though. I sat there on the window sill sipping my drink. Outside was the carpark. One car stood out though. I looked at it more carefully and realized that it was my parents car. My heart filled with joy. I heard a soft knock on the door as my mum and dad came in. I placed the cup down and limped over to them and hugged them. I went back to the window and had my drink before mum broke the silence saying, "We were talking with the doctors this morning and they said that you could come home today!" Overjoyed I began crying. I wanted to go home so badly. As the day went on, doctors came in and out of the room making sure everything was fine before I left. Finally at the end of the day I went home with my parents. We had dinner but I couldn't eat as much as I could before. I didn't care though, as long as I was home again.