Arachne's threads | Teen Ink

Arachne's threads

January 25, 2018
By Olivia_Neville17, Melbourne, Florida
More by this author
Olivia_Neville17, Melbourne, Florida
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I choose a lazy person to do hard work because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it"- Bill gates


Author's note:

This piece was inpired by the tale of arachne


                                                        Arachne's Threads
     Once upon a time there lived a seamstress one of a kind ,and her name is Arachne. Arachne boasted about how she was a better seamstress than even the goddess Athena. Athena then put a wicked curse of Arachne for her to be trapped as a spider her whole life.
     “What's that all about” Devin asks Kayla. “None of your business nerd girl” Kayla snaps back at Logan as she starts to roll up the ancient map in her hands. “Come on Kayla why don't you tell all of us” Grey says as the whole group agrees with Grey. “Fine if you really want to know this is a map to Arachne's lair. It says her clothes are so beautiful it’s to die for” Kayla exclaims with a glint of excitement. That same day Kayla, Grey, Logan, Devin, And Raine decide to find Arachne's threads The next day.
     The group of five meet up the next morning by the entrance of the Ibis jungle. “This place looks a little spooky” Devin exclaims while her knees were shaking as she looked at the spider covered land. “I think spiders are really cool. They use their webs to catch their prey and eat them” Logan says with a happy face. “ Ewww nerd boy needs to stop talking about spiders they are scary” Raine says in a dramatic tone. “Lets just get a move on. I want my threads” Kayla says and we're off.
     The five were off into the jungle. The trip through the jungle was silent while everyone took in their surroundings. The group soon noticed someone was missing. “Where is Logan?” Grey asks everyone. “He is probably doing something to the spider. He is such a weirdo” Raine exclaims in an annoyed voice. Everyone starts to look for Logan. Then there was a scream.  Everyone rushed to the scream only to see Logan stuck in a giant spider web with a spider eating him alive.
     “HELP ME, SOMEBODY PLEASE!!!” Logan yells out, but all of us are were paralyzed in fear. The four of us now start to run to the Temple of the dead as we could hear the screams of Logan in the background. “We, we really, really,really should go back home and lay in our nice beds and never look back. Right we should totally forget this  ever happened” Raine wheezes out after sprinting. “No we need the threads. Don't you want to look beautiful” Kayla hisses at Raine. “ I agree with Raine. I only came out here because I thought Kayla would like me” Grey says. “I don't think we have a choice” Logan says as she points to the jungle where the spiders are looking at them with hungry eyes.
     They enter the Temple and see graves everywhere. They start their journey through the temple  when Raine grabs Grey. “So, Grey I heard you wanted a girlfriend, so why don't I fill the spot” Raine says as Grey starts to kiss her. That's what she thinks because when she opened her eyes is was not Grey standing there it was a mummy. Raine tried to call for help, but her cries were drowned by the casket she was in with the mummy.
     “What happened to Raine” Devin exclaims and gets a reply from Kayla going “She probably took a wrong turn and ended up like poor Logan. To bad they did not know how to keep their hands to themselves. The now trio started the journey through the catacombs under the temple.
     “Are you sure we are going the right way?” Grey asks for the one hundredth time. “YES!!!” both Kayla and Devin yell. “Well jeez sorry, but could you guys stay here for a second I need to take a whiz” Grey says as he leaves the group. “I can’t seem to find my way back” Grey says after he finished whizzing. After running around for what seemed like hours he lay down to sleep out of defeat.
     “Finally we arrived” Kayla said as we stood in front of the most beautiful dress they had ever seen. “Help me put it on”!  As the dress went over her torso it began to tighten as if it were a Burmese python swallowing an innocent baby deer. It was getting harder to breath. With every exhale the dress squeezed tighter, inhalation was becoming impossible, she couldn’t even escape a whimper for help, until, all faded to black and white. Then only black.
Kayla awoke, only her eyes had no iris of white, only the deep darkness of a great white shark stalking prey. “It fits perfect Devin, don’t you think”? She turned and stepped toward her, Devin’s back turned to her, big mistake. The next thing she felt was Kayla’s hands on her shoulders, then her teeth on her neck. A single thrash of her head and the spray of warm crimson life was sent across the room. She fell, bubbles were visible in the gaping hole in his throat as she gurgled her last breath. Devin was dead her face turned pale as blood gushed out of her neck. “The blood was as thick as melted chocolate or maple syrup” thought kayla. Kayla did not know what to think, Devin was not really a good friend they just kind of knew each other, but that did not mean that that Kayla did not care that she is dead. Kayla was devastated, she could not believe what she has become. “A killer” thought kayla i am a killer. She was so devastated that she could not go on living the darkness inside of her took over and ruined her life. She looked in her mirror and no longer saw herself, All she saw was an empty shell covered in skin and hair. She no longer had a soul. She just wanted to end it all. She cut her wrists hoping she would bleed to death but that did not happen. When she cut herself no blood came out just black thread. Miles and miles of black thread she started pulling the thread out but it was infinite. She noticed something strange she was not in the human world anymore she was in between universes trapped forever never being able to communicate with another human again. She was wrapped up, wrapped up in Arachne's threads never to be noticed again.
 



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.