The Lost Girl | Teen Ink

The Lost Girl

By austinwalt, dexter, Michigan
austinwalt, Dexter, Michigan

Author's note:

I wanted to 

story is not divided into chaperts

The Missing Girl
“That was a better game than last week though!” 
“I’ll be honest I was too busy talking to Sarah to notice the game for most of it.”
Jenny and Santasha laughed as the car swayed from side to side.  Jenny was a good driver, but admittedly was a bit distracted as she chatted with Santasha.  It was dark out and her focus should have been on the road. As Jenny laughed she jerked the wheel and they crashed. They hit an old maple tree in the middle of nowhere. Night turned into day and no one came to their rescue. Jenny woke up with her car tangled in a maple tree, she had no idea where she was or where to go. She finally started to come to her senses and realized Santasha was missing. She noticed footprints in the snow leading away from the car. She mustered up all the strength she had and started to follow them. As Jenny was walking in the woods she noticed smoke in the air; the smoke was coming from a chimney. Jenny went to knock on the door and was greeted by a elderly man with snow white hair. He was so tall he had to look down at Jenny. She swallowed nervously and tried to explain what was going on, but little did she know this wasn’t their first meeting. He exclaimed he had heard the crash and asked if she was okay. Jenny said she was fine but kinda confused about why he didn't call for an ambulance when he heard the crash the night before. The old man gestured for Jenny to come in. Jenny refused at first, but ended up accepting his gesture. As Jenny walked into the small cabin she noticed a strange smell but she couldn't quite figure out what the smell was coming from. She sat down on an old couch and the old man sat down next to her. He reached his arm out to comfort her and started speaking, “I know you’ve had a long hard day is there anything I get get you to eat or drink?”
“Yes, I’d kill for a glass of water” The old man promptly got up and went to the kitchen and made of glass of water. Jenny had no idea there were powerful drugs dissolved in the water and this old man wasn’t who he claimed to be. The old man returned with the glass and handed it to Jenny. Jenny was so parched she drank all the water within seconds. Once she finished it she passed out cold. The old man picked up Jenny without a problem and took her to the basement. He tied her up to a pole and left.  Jenny woke up hours later not knowing what happened, the old man waddled down the stairs and greeted her.
“Hello Jenny how are you feeling?”
“I feel fine,” Jenny said in confusion. “How did I get here and what day is it?” The old man told her it was still the same day and how she got there and then knocked her out again to drive her to a new location.
Santasha walked 5 miles to the nearest convenience store. She ran into the store and yelled “HELP HELP I NEED HELP!!!! My friend and I got into a car accident down the road and she's still in the car and she needs help.”
The manager of the corner store called the police and ambulance and gave the girl a ride back to the site of the crash. Once Santasha got there she knew something bad had happened. Jenny was missing. Once the police arrived she explained what happened to her and her friend. The police filled out a missing person's report and began to organize a search party. Santasha sat nervously at the police station as she waited for her mom to pick her up. She was thinking of ways Jenny could've gotten out of the car and where she wouldve went. Santasha remembered seeing footprints in the snow, she was regretting not following them.
“Hello? Is anyone here?” Jenny began yelling at the top of her lungs. She was know in a large room with only one light bulb on the other side of the room. She heard a big thump. The thumps got louder and louder until she saw a tall black figure standing at the bottom of a stair case. “Where am I and what did you do to me” Jenny said fighting back tears.
“You'll see soon enough,” a raspy voice said. The shadow in the door disappeared and Jenny was all alone again. Jenny began to panic because nobody was giving her answers. She began hypoventilating and having a anxiety attack when the door opened again.
“Okay Jenny let's go and someone from behind picked her up and carried her out of the room.” Jenny heard a radio in another room talking about her. She knew Santasha was okay because she was the one talking on the radio.
“MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY ARE GONNA FIND ME YOU BASTARD! LET ME GO,” she yelled as loud as she could. She began kicking and punching the guy that was carrying her. The man said nothing and barely flinched as she was attacking him. The man dropped Jenny off in a room filled with windows. She ran up to the windows and banged on them soon realized they were fake windows and she was trapped.
Santasha went out with the search party but soon ditched them and went out on her own. She was determined to find Jenny. Santasha went back to the site of the crash and start to search around that area. Santasha stumbled upon the cabin and did the same thing as Jenny did, knocked on the door. Nobody answered so Santasha walked around the house and looked inside a window. She noticed the kitchen stove was on so she knew someone was home. She went back to the front door and knocked again. An old man answered the door and asked what she needed.
“Im wondering if you knew what happened to my friend Jenny. She's tall and skinny with long brown hair”. Santasha asked. The old man paused and then sternly said,
“No i've never seen her.” Then slammed the door in Santasha's face.
“Wow that was rude,” Santasha whispered under her breath. She walked away until sher noticed something odd. She noticed that this cabin was very close to the sight of the crash so Jenny might have walked to this cabin to find help. Santasha went to the door and knocked again hoping the old man could give her any clues as to where her friend could’ve disappeared to.
“What do you need” The old man said with a snarl.
“I'm just wondering if you happen to see my friend walk by here” Jenny said hoping to get answers.
“I've already told you once and i'm gonna tell you again. I've never seen you friend” The old man slammed the door in her face again.
Jenny sat on the floor unmotivated to try and escape. She went up to the door she entered from and put her ear up to the door to try and hear who's on the other side. She started to hear someone whisper, she began to listen really carefully for any clues.
“The cops are looking for that girl, Well need to get rid of her soon” Once voice went,
“I agree we can't be caught with her.” The second voice sounded familiar to Jenny but she couldn't remember who it sounded like. Then she remembered the old man at the cabin. She began banging on the door hoping they would open it to tell her to quiet down and then she could make a run for it but nobody ever opened the door.
She had given up, until hours later when someone came in to give her food. She bolted, running as fast as she could just trying to put as much distance as she could between her and that room. Luckily her captors were planning to dispose of her anyways and she was able to escape through the door. She ended up outside in the frozen waste land freezing, but she refused to stop running. All she could hear was the screaming of the wind, she kept going until she passed out. It was a long time before she awoke with the police standing next to her. She had hypothermia and was rushed to the hospital. At the hospital the police explained to her that she had been kidnapped and her bravery saved her life. The police went off Santashes tip and checked out the cabin in the woods. They found evidence that Jenny had been drugged her hands the old man was taken into custody. Hours later Jenny and Santasha were reunited. Jenny was so thankful that her best friend hadn't given up hope to find her and Santasha was happy that Jenny was found alive.