Art Work | Teen Ink

Art Work

By Emma_lulu2018 BRONZE, Marengo, Iowa
Emma_lulu2018 BRONZE, Marengo, Iowa

Author's note:

I had started to watch a lot of criminal shows during the summer and I got the motivation to write a murder case of my own. 

Detective Warren begins to look at several cases of missing women. He looks into 4
cases of women becoming missing in the same town. All the women are seen leaving a
bar on a Friday at midnight and not being seen again. They all have blonde hair and
green eyes. They are fairly pretty girls. They are all about the same height and size. We
haven't found any  connection to anyone where they might still be alive but these cases
are ongoing. After Detective Warren has hung up pictures of the missing women and
their connections with each other he gathers his work force. “Okay, we are dealing with a missing person possibly a murder,” said Detective Warren. “Does anyone have any leads?” Silence as hit the police station. No one knows where to start. As officers start to look further into the case they get a call. Another women
went missing on Friday night at midnight. She has the same description of the other
women. Her name is Sarah Wilson. Detective Warren instantly goes to talk to the family.
The mother of Sarah is in her seventies. She lives alone in a tiny house on the corner of
7th and 18th street. Detective Warren enters the home and starts to question Sarah’s
mother.
“ Ms. Wilson has Sarah been seeing anyone?” said Detective Warren.
“ I don’t believe so Detective.” “She is a nice girl, she’s in college and is a hard studier.”
said Ms. Wilson. “Please just try and find my daughter! She’s all I have.”  Ms. Wilson
starts to break into a sob and Detective Warren tells her thank you for your time and
leaves the house.
Detective Warren notices that they all had a cab, so thinking that all of them were not
sober enough to drive. Would this be easier for the kidnapper to take them? He can’t tell
if that's a reason they were kidnapped or if it’s just a coincidence. He writes it on a post it
note and puts it on the board. He tells Officer Cunningham to look into all the cab
companies and to their records to see what drivers were on that street the night Sarah
went missing.

"Detective Warren I've finished finding the taxi records, there were two taxi companies
on that street that night," Said Officer Cunningham. " I couldn't find another one, but
have you thought about looking into uber drivers. "Great job officer, I'll look into those
records and go question the drivers. Also no I have not thought to look into uber drivers,
I will get on that. Thank you!" Said Detective Warren. The detective starts to look into
uber drivers. There is only three drivers in this town and one of them was around that
area the nights the four girls went missing. At this point they have found three suspects
in the crime, now all that's left is questioning. He grabs the company's files and goes to
the first company. Alpha Taxi Club, this taxi company is the cleanest and newest in
Valley Village. As Detective Warren walks into the company he is greeted by the owner. He
shows his badge and addresses why he is there.  The owner says it's no problem and
he goes to find his file on the driver.
•Suspect number 1: Brad Jacobs. Brad has no kids or wife. He lives alone and is 26.
Detective Warren asks if he could keep the file to look over it more. He also asks if he
could ask Brad a few questions. The owner says its no problem. He calls Brad back to
the company so Detective Warren could ask him questions. Brad enters the room and is
very nervous. Detective starts asking questions.
Detective Warren: Were you driving the night of May 5th?
Brad: Yes I was.
Detective Warren: Did you ever pick up a girl named Sarah Wilson?
Brad: I don't recall a Sarah. What does she look like?
Detective Warren: She was wearing a pink dress with heals. She has brown hair and
green eyes.
Brad: No I don't believe I did.
Detective Warren: Okay thank you for your time.
Off to the next company.
Airport and Taxi Service company is next, Detective does the same thing he did at
Alpha.
•Suspect number 2: Gene Clemens. Gene has a wife and 2 kids. He is 43 and lives in
the country.
He asks Gene the same questions he did with Brad. With Gene being older than Brad,
he didn't remember much. Detective Warren thinks living in the country would be a good
spot to hide bodies but why would he do it. It sounds like he has a happy life. With this
in mind he thinks he's come to a dead end. All he has left is the uber driver. The driver
worked all 4 nights that the girls went missing.
As Warren got in the car to head to the uber drivers home, he gets a call from an art
gallery saying that some man turned in a rather disturbing piece of art. Detective Warren
goes down to the Black World Gallery to look at the piece of art. He walks into the front
door and sees the owner horrified in the corner. With his assistant next to him he
notices that the assistant looks scared. He walks up to them and the cop questioning
them. Detective Warren asks to see the piece of art. The gallery owner instantly says
that he didn’t want to put it up and wasn’t the one to get it. Detective Warren looks at the
art. It’s a picture frame he turns it over and sees a butterfly. He looks closer and notices
that it‘s a piece of skin and the butterfly is a tattoo. He asks for an evidence bag and
puts it in there. Detective Warren asks the two men to come to the station with him for
further questioning.
With the assistant in one room and the owner in the other Detective Warren decides to
question the assistant first. This is because the assistant got the picture frame from the
guy who brought it in. Before the detective goes in he gives the picture frame to the
crime lab, to try and get finger prints.
Questioning of Caleb Walker assistant of Black World Gallery, time: 14:00
Detective Warren: Hello Caleb my name is Detective Warren, I am the lead of this case.
I'm just going to ask you a few questions, please answer them to the best of your ability.
Can you please describe the person that brought the picture frame into the gallery?
Caleb: He was a middle aged man, possibly 6ft in height, with a strong build. He looked
a little agitated and overly excited. He had dark hair, and I don't remember his eyes.
Detective Warren: Okay, good. Did he tell you his name at all or give you any
information on himself?
Caleb: No he just gave me the picture and asked if I could hang it up. I didn't see any
wrong with that since we are a small business and don't have a lot of paintings up. I
didn't fully examine it I just hung it up and went back to work. When my boss came to
check on the gallery I told him we got a new piece of art. He went to look at it and
noticed it was a piece of skin Caleb then started to look sick and not well. He asked
Detective Warren if he could use the bathroom and he said yes and left. With Detective
Warren sitting by himself his mind started to wonder. The girls that went missing all had
tattoos, but the only girl that had a butterfly tattoo is Sarah. Detective Wilson went to his
office and called Sarah's Mom. She said that yes Sarah had a butterfly tattoo in
remembrance of her father.  Detective Warren then exited his office and started heading
towards where the owner of the gallery was. Suddenly a forensic scientist caught him
off guard. The scientist said that they matched the fingerprints on the picture frame to
the uber driver. The prints matched Mark Greene, the uber driver that was in the area
during the kidnappings of the four women. Mark Greene's son was killed possibly by his
wife, the case hadn't been solved yet. He lives alone out in the country. The wife has
been missing for a couple weeks and they can't find her. Could this cause him to have a
mental break down and blame other girls for his son dying. With this information in
hand, all that was left to do was catch him.
Detective Warren gathers a squad and a warrant so he heads to Greene's house in the
country. They enter the property quietly trying not to spook Mark. They find him in the
cellar a little off the property. He's quiet and just sitting in a chair holding another picture
frame.
"I've been expecting you Detective," said Mark
"I don't understand, did you purposely turn yourself in?" Said the detective
"Why yes isn't it obvious, my work is to perfect not too be noticed. The whole world
should know what I've done."
Detective Warren then grabs Mark and cuffs him, Mark cooperates well and they take
him to the station.
Detective Warren paced back and forth in front of the questioning room. He didn't
know how to address the situation, he's never done this before. As he enters the room
Mark is sitting quietly not moving one bit. They make eye contact and don't lose it the
entire time.
Detective Warren: Hello Mark do you know why you're here?
Mark: Of course, I kidnapped four girls and killed them all and oh may I tell you it was
fun! You know they were all fighters. Every single one of them.
Detective Warren: Can you tell me what happened to your wife?
Mark went silent, he lost eye contact and look at the table. Detective Warren knew he hit
a nerve and tried to make him talk with it.
Detective Warren: What about your son, can you tell me what happened to him.
Mark: How is this relevant. We should be talking about my work!
Mark gets angry and slams the table. With Mark getting angry Detective Warren knows
exactly what to do.
Detective Warren: Why'd you do it Mark? Was ticked you off? Was it your wife, your
son?
Mark: She was the biggest screamer of them all you know that? I think she liked it. I
know I did. She was my first trophy. My first prize.
Detective Warren: Why did you kill her Mark!
Mark: Now detective is that any of your business.
Detective Warren opens a file he has in his hand and takes out a doctor's report. He
reads it out loud, The patient is showing signs of postpartum depression, this developed
after her sons birth. Given prescription of Fluoxetine (Prozac)
to help. Showing no signs of normalcy.
Mark: Where'd you get that?
Detective Warren: Is this why you killed her! Did she do something to you?
Mark: No! Again that's none of you business.
Mark slams the table again and stands up. He starts pacing back and forth. He's getting
angrier.
Detective Warren: Come on Mark tell me, tell me how she ruined your life. TELL ME!
Mark: She killed my son!
Mark breaks down to the floor crying and screaming.
Mark: She took my life away, all because she was drunk! She made him take pills and
he died! She didn't even care. She wasn't fazed at all by it. She had to die! For what she
did to my baby!
Detective walks out of the room with a smile on his face, he solved the case.