Today I love, Tomorrow You Fall | Teen Ink

Today I love, Tomorrow You Fall

November 19, 2016
By PWNZNE BRONZE, Knoxville, Tennessee
More by this author
PWNZNE BRONZE, Knoxville, Tennessee
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I just love grueling murder," Flavia de Luce


Author's note:

Well it started as romance and turned murderes.

Why did we have to move in the middle of the middle school year? I thought of how my friends were feeling at home and I was asking myself what new friends will I make? Yet, I had to get ready. I got up out of bed, get in my best clothing, ate, brushed my teeth, and tried to find the bus stop. As a bus came by and slowly came to a stop I say many irascible faces, but this won’t stop me here.

I couldn’t find a seat until I came closer to a girl in a Totoro hoody and asked if I could sit with her.

"Fine, if you don`t sit too close." So I sat down trying to say my name instead of saying my name I said something that cannot be pronounced.

This girl said in a giggly voice, "I’ve never seen you on this bus? Are you new or something, if that’s the case, hi I'm Grace.” This was a shock she didn't look so graceful to me or maybe that’s a nickname?

 So I talked back to her, "H-h-hi my names Rachel." That was a relief saying that to someone and now I think this isn't going to be bad. But, what about at school I don’t know any of my classes?

 As the bus came up to the school Grace and I talked a lot and I think we are going to be good friends. We walked into the school together and she explained that everyone at this school was ether wicked, twisted, or just plain crazy. People running, shouting, and cussing! I already hated this school besides Grace. As I walked to the office to get my schedule for all my classes I ask were the gym was and they didn’t tell me. All the people at this school are mean even the staff. I maybe find my way if I just follow Grace today. So my schedule said I had language arts honors for my homeroom, so maybe I will like people in that class. Once I walked into the room I could see that a lot of people looked nice. One of the people caught me eyes fast and I started to drool over him and I felt something that I have never felt before. The felling is too much to explain, but it was like I had just woken up from a hundred-years slumber. Put the teacher came in and started attendance once she got to me I wasn`t paying a bit of attention so she called my name three times before I realized and it was embarrassing. As the list went on the sound of a beautiful name came and my love said here! Jackson... <3

 That name is a name fit for a king. Yet as Grace walked in late she said, "I was in the art room helping out."

I smiled and waved and she did the same. Then she sat next to me and what she said next was heart crushing. "Stay away from that Jackson character, he`s not the nicest guy around." As I looked he didn`t seem bad or ugly? So many times over I just drooled and stared not knowing anything my teacher was saying. So this is love I thought to myself. His face is the face of an angel. His eyes glisten like diamonds in the sun for the first time. Then, my trance was interrupted by the bell and my day was crap from there. Class after class of drooling over Jackson it was lunch, my favorite time of the day.

I say Jackson wave in my direction and I was overjoyed and skipped over to his table and I noticed he wasn’t waving to me. Some other chick sat next to him and they started talking.

This isn`t going well for loves` side. Either way I grabbed my lunch and sat down with Grace. "Hay Rachel you seem glum?"

I said back nervously, "NO, just wish that that that that I had pudding!" Grace rolled her eyes and started eating again. Wow, that was a close one, but still I think she saw the hole calamity back there with Jackson.

As someone walked up to us and said, "Hi Grace who is this loser?"

"Well, this is the new kid Elizabeth and…"

Elizabeth interrupted rudely, "Who should I care let us go, Grace.”

Elizabeth stomped away and looked back, “Why aren’t you coming, Grace? Like the good pet you are?”

“Well I am going to sit and talk with the new girl, Elizabeth say you go sit with your rich snobs at your table,” Elizabeth just wiped her hair back and left. “Don’t worry about her every time a snap at her she comes crawling back.”

“Why?”  I was intent on knowing, but Grace seemed to not want to tell me. The Lunch bell rang and Grace took off like a bat out of hell. Even though I still had so many other classes.

I sat in one of my classes, Algebra, and could really pay attention in this class because Jackson wasn’t in this class. Jackson, the son of God himself. The reincarnation of Jesus.

           

The bell rang again like time was off its hinges! The bus ride home was a nice one the people in the noisy back get kicked off the bus, so Grace and I had time to talk and not complain about the noise. I didn`t understand the math homework, because I was distracted, so I asked how you do and she didn`t help much, but I guessed I`d do it later. After that she told me about how Elizabeth was in the same grade as us and thinks she is, to put it simply, the boss, better than everyone, but mostly cooler. When the bus got to my stop I said bye and got off. As I walked to my door step the bus stopped again. I watched a person get out just down the street and it was Jackson! I live near Jackson, wow!

 “Sweetie your home already,” mother yelled. Jackson looked like he overheard her and smirked or smiled or laughed… I don`t know?  OMG that was so embarrassing.

“MOM WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DO THAT TO ME” I said in a blistering voice.

“Well sorry I didn`t think it was that bad to call my sweet little girl sweetie?” My mom never understood anything about my life. When I was 10 I had a birthday party at our house she decorated the party in kiddy things. OH MY GOSH IT WAS SO STUPID OF HER TO DO THAT! Well you understand parents. Ugh. Never mind that, she is going to make my favorite dish for dinner today. Lamb chops with balsamic reduction! What comes next almost gave me a heart attack, “I talked to our next door neighbors and them and their son are coming over, I think his name was umm, Jackson I believe?” OMG JACKSON IS COMING!

Trying to stay cool I said, “Oh I think I have a class with him?” and that I like like him! Well I had to get ready, so to impress Jackson I put on my best dress braded my hair and looked up how to get a guy to like me. This was a bad choose so I deleted my history fast! I Cleaned up the dining room really fancy and even got moms good china. After cleaning I went upstairs to wash my hands and put makeup on.

“Sweetie the guests are hear.” My mom said walking up the stairs. “Well, well, well don`t you look nice, I think you have a crush on someone,” as she walked into the bathroom.

“No, just want to look nice, but do I not look stunning!” She didn`t reply for some time there I think she was picturing Jackson and my wedding! Creepy right, but parents will be parents.

“Come down when you’re ready.” I was never going to be ready I can`t go down there with my true love sitting at the table! So I slowly walked down the stairs and in to the setting room.

“Hello, you must be Rachel,” Jackson`s parents said.

“Who else would it be?” I said trying to be happy.

“So, where is Mr. Pothl?” Jackson`s parents said!

“Well, he passed away a few years after Jack was born,” my mother said trying not to cry. Oh, Jack is my little brother and he got to stay in Alaska with a friend and he was coming back tomorrow. It was really quiet after that. Till someone came to the door! What is strange is that it wasn`t a knock, but a scratching!

“Jackson, be polite and go get the door for Mrs. Pothl.” Jackson walked out of the room and he slightly opened the door. And then a furry create came busting into the dining room.

“WHAT IS THAT THIING DOING IN MY HOUSE!” mother said with an angered tone. Well I couldn`t make out what it was. Mabey a dog, cat, giant hamster I really don`t know.

“Please, that is such a tough dog,” Jackson said in that wonderful voice of his. But, how in the world is that a dog!

“Mom can we keep it,” my little brother came through the door sounding cooled, sad, and scared!

“SWEETIE I THOUGHT YOU WHERE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!” mom still in an angered tone. Well my brother has been with his old friend on a camping trip. Don`t ask me why my mom let him go, I can`t even go to the end of the street without her!

“Well the car brock down at the end of the street coming back from the airport.” As he sat next to Jackson and just said sup!

“Ok well sweetie you could have told them to call me,” mom in a sweeter tone. I was starving by this point.

“Well this is Mr. and Mrs. Peterwig, I invited them to dinner,” as my little brother was getting ready to sit.

“Well, dig in!” my mother repeatedly said until it clicks into my head. I was to busy looking into Jacksons eyes without him noticing.

After a few hours they commented that they had to leave.

But, then my brother screamed, “Can Jackson stay over.”

“Ok sweetie as long as its ok with his parents.” Mom said in a mommy voice.

Both Mr. and Mrs. Peterwig said sure.

SO JACKSON IS STAYING IN MY HOUSE ALL NIGHT! <3

 

 

“Ok umm… do you want to watch a scary movie,” My brother spoke in a squeak of a voice. The perfect time to get some of Jackson`s stuff. I’m not sure if it’s creepy or not to take ones belonging out of love.

“Umm… I`ll be right back,” Jackson said. Then he walked into the kitchen.

“Hay, bro umm… how are you.” Well I think that’s what I said, but who cares.

“Ugh, sis are you going to try to get close to Jackson!”

“Umm… NO OF CORES NOT HAHAHA!” OH NO I think he figured out my plan.

“Well you`re welcome to watch it with us.” YES, SCORE, GOAL!!!!!!

“Ok what we watching.”

Then about twenty minutes later we are knee deep in the movie. I snuck out of the room were Jackson’s stuff was. What I found with his T-shirt with his name on it, so I took it!

“Hay sis are you coming back in we passed the movie,” my butt face brother said. Well I hid the shirt in my shirt and walked back in.

“This part of the movie is the best part,” Jackson yelled as the main character’s girlfriend was found died. I never understood this movie. I didn`t care, I was sitting next to Jackson! It got really scary around the end so a started to curl up to him. That was the best night ever. By the end we all fell asleep and when I awoke I was hugging JACKSON! Then I slowly got up and made sure he didn`t wake up…

At school I told Grace about last night and she said, “I TOLD YOU STAY AWAY FROM HIM!” Well I didn`t care he was my love and that will always be like that. So we walked in to first period and Jackson WAVED AT MY! “OMG I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY, but I guess he really does like you?”

“Come sit next to me Rachel,” he asked and I almost fainted!

“S-S-Sure Jackson I would love you,” OH NO W-W-WHAT DID I JUST S-S-SAY!

“What???”

“I said that I would love to sit with you…” That was close and I so hope he fell for it!

“Come on what about me. I`m I not your friend any more, do to him,” Grace said angered!

“Sit next to me and then there will be no big deal,” I remarked super-fast. I am not sure what she said next but oh well.

“Her, Rachy Boo How are you today. You look beautiful,” OMG HE CALD MY RACHY BOO!

“Um thanks, I am just wonderful,” I said in like love tone. So I sat down next to him and he passed me a note that said… met me behind the gym after school. Ok

Love Jackson          

OMG I GET ASKED OUT BY JACKSON! I shook my head and went on with the day. Classes passed so fast because of thought passing throw my brain. Will he kiss me or maybe just ask me out? Oh well, I will find out in just a bit. After school I went to the back of the school and I met him there.

“Hello Rachy,” He said in a strange voice.

“Hi Jack… Um, what are we doing back here?”

“Well now that we are an official couple we have to kiss don`t we…” OMG. He moved in close and so did I. Then it happened! <3

After that we both got red faced and walked away and I got on the same bus as him, but I made sure he didn’t see me.

As I was riding the bus home Grace yelled, “YOU KISSED HIM HOW WAS IT… I mean um HOW COULD YOU!”

“What, Grace?” The rest of the way home was silent. Then finally I got home and ran to my room. OMG THIS MOMMENT IS GOING IN MY DIARY!

“Hi sweetie, what happened? Oh I know now good for you!” Mom said in a sly voice.

OH NO MOM! My mom always finds a way to find what I just did. “What did I do?” Trying to keep my cool. And trick he into thinking I did nothing at all.

“You, kissed Jackson!” MOM NO WHAT ARE YOU SAYING!?!?

“Mom, no I did not, so can you leave me and my LOVE LIFE ALONE!”

She walked out the door and said, “Fine I leave you alone.”

“Hehehe,” I could hear mom as she went down the flit stars.

“What is up sis,” My brother came in and made me blush! “Why you blushing?”

“Well, well, well I`m just, just umm… NONE OF YOUR BEES WAX!” I screamed at my brother. “Just leave me alone!”

“Ok, butt-face,” he said.

 I got my brother out of my room and I tried to get to sleep and a cried of joy instead, but somehow I managed to fall asleep.

The next morning my brother got up bright and early and burst through my door just to wake me up. “Mom said that you have to clean the kitchen when you get home… hehehe!” I rolled my eyes and tried to get back to bed before he says something again. So I got up after my brother left my room and I was LATE! I rushed to get ready and go. My mom dropped my off at school and by the time I got in the school it was break. When I got to the court yard, ELIZABETH WAS TALKING TO JACKSON AND THEN THE UNSPPEEKABLE HEPPENED! They Kissed! “Let’s just forget that Rachael person.” “Ok we are just using here anyway…” I started to cry and I ran down the hall then sat on a bench. Grace happen to pass me and she stared at me like she has never seen someone cry. “Hay what’s wrong Rachel?” I sat there sobbing and people passing keep staring at us like we were weird. I sobbed the words Jackson Elizabeth cheating. Grace didn’t know what to say, but then she said, “I told you he was a trashy, good for nothing, cheating, dirt bag!” I should have listened to Grace when she first told me that. The bell rang and instated of going to class she took me to the nurse and told the nurse that I had a stomach ache. I didn’t I think she just wanted me to go home and think. They called my mom and she picked me up. I got home still sobbing about what happened. I walked into the house and, of course, mom was asking why I was sobbing, “Sweetie are you ok?” “No, I am not ok,” I said sobbing. “What Happened sweetie.” “I rather not talk about it, OK,” I remarked in the saddest and sassiest way possible. “Ok sweetie, but when you want to talk about it, come to me.” She was trying to be nice, but I don`t care I didn`t want to talk. I darted to my room as fast as I could, so my brother couldn`t see me. He portended to throw up apparently at least my mom said he did, but we all know he faked it. Well, I know this wouldn`t work because he is just so weird that he sat in my room instead of his. “Hi, Rachel you don`t look happy what`s up,” I said staring at the tears rolling down my face. “Nothing I just need to be alone,” He actually got out of my room. Usually he wouldn`t, but I guess he could sense my pain. Well now I doesn`t matter because I’m in my room. I kept crying and crying until I fell asleep… *** “Sweetie, wake up diners done,” Mom yelled up the stairs. As soon as she did I wake up my pillow wet with tears and drool. I walked to my door and walked down stairs. “Look at who showed up sweet heart,” I was drowsy so I didn’t see much, but then I heard the voice of a dirty cheating angel. “Rachel, are you ok? I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings I just needed Elizabeth to stop bothering me so I lied.” I doubted this very much because it looked like he enjoyed his long mushy kiss with that devil girl. “I don’t care,” I mumbled under my breath. “I DON’T CARE!” Jackson jumped after I screamed and I think I scared my mom too. My brother rushed down the stairs to see what was going on. “What’s wrong!” He asked afraid of the answer. I stood there with my head down crying. Jackson opened his mouth, “I didn’t mean to hurt you.” I didn’t care what he said he broke my heart and that can never be fixed. “Go,” I stated in a clean voice like if I was an angle sending him to hell because he had come the wrong way. He walked to the door and left. I started back up stairs. “What was all that about Rachel,” mother asked stupidly. I didn’t say anything back. “What an odd girl,” my idiot brother laughed. Shoot, I guess that was my only chance of getting Jackson back and I blow it. The phone rang as soon as I got back up to my room. I answered it not knowing who it was and Jackson parents were on the other line. I told my mom and she picked up the phone down stairs. I didn’t hang up though so I could hear the entire call. “My son just walked through the door from your house and he was crying,” Mrs. Peterwig said. I was mind blown that he cried about me. What, does that mean he really does love me? “Oh, is he now my daughter stared crying as soon as she seen him,” mom angrily said. “Stop!” Wups didn’t mean to say anything. Oh well mine as well not stop here, “He shouldn’t be crying because he cheated on me!” “Sweetie, I’m so sorry.” Mother said in a soft voice. “How do we know she’s not lying to us,” Mrs. Peterwig stated in a sly voice. I could hear the voice of an angel come out of the background, “Mom, she’s right, but it was just to get the evil Elizabeth off my back.” Him and his parents got into an argument and I hung up and cried. I laid on my bed and cried for hours upon hours. Then I finally passed out. I awoke, I think about twelve o’clock, in a dark room that I didn’t seem to recognize. “Mom?” I yelled out, but there was no response. “mom?” what could be going on. Then, I heard a faint voice. “Rachel, this is your destiny,” the voice creepily called out. I didn’t understand what it meant by my destiny? “Rachel, fall into your shadow,” the voice said. I still don’t understand how this is happening or how to fall into my shadow? “Rachel, the death of the devil will be the sin that will bring you to the depths of hell like me,” the voice stated. What, the death of the devil is a sin? ELIZABETH, why would I kill a girl the same age as me and especially I wouldn’t want to go to hell! “But, I don’t want to kill anyone?” I tried to tell the voice. The voice said nothing back. It was gone! Red eyes started to glow around me and as I adapted to the darkness around me I saw six creatures at a circular table with me in the middle. “Rachel Ashly Pothel, how do you pled?” one of the creature said in a rather scratchy voice. “Pled?” I was very confused. “Yes, we have entered your subconscious to tell you that you will commit a terrible sin when you awake. If you can find it in your heart to not kill the one named Elizabeth Peach Johnson,” The oldest looking one that sat behind me said. “Why would I ever kill a person?” I was wanting answers. I knew that I wasn’t going to get any until I ask questions. “You’re uncontrollable Rachel, please just give up your conscience to us so we can talk to you when we need you to stop the feelings of hate.” The head creature stated. “No.” Then I had appeared in my room again.

The author's comments:

MURDER

Back into the really world felt good, like if I was in that room for years. I peeked out of my room and I saw my stupid brother on his laptop. So I sneaked down stairs and there was mom. “Are you ok?”

     “Ya, I’m fine why?’ I was generally confused.

     “Well, after the fight I thought…”

     I cut her off mid-sentence, “Mom, don’t worry about me. You need to worry about the boiling pot over there!” Mom ran over to the kitchen and I quickly evacuated the house before the pot of whatever was in it exploded. As I walked outside I saw a person walk out of Jacksons house and it wasn’t any of his family. I walked over to his house after the person was gone. I knock on the door and I could hear crying.

     “Hello, Mr. Peterwig, Mrs. Peterwig?” The door was opened. A little girl was standing there that I believed to be Jacksons sister.

     “What are you doing here,” the little girl said.

     “Well, I saw a person walk out of your house so I came over.”

     “Come in,” Mr. Peterwig said. I didn’t see Jackson, but I didn’t question anything.

     “I want to tell you something Rachel… Jackson has been reported dead.” I started to tear up.

     “I am so sorry Peterwigs’,” I didn’t want to cry because he wasn’t my family and it look bad for a lady, but the flood gates broke.

     “It’s ok Rachel, he was missing last night and they found his body floating down the river with a built wound in his chest.” Mr. Peterwig said trying not to cry also.

     “They haven’t found any suspects yet,” Mrs. Peterwig said crying.

     “I feel as if this is all my fault,” I started crying as I said this to the Peterwigs.

      “No Rachel, it wasn’t and you should be getting back home.” Mr. Peterwig said. I left before any more words could come out of my mouth. I cried all the way home and I saw mom standing at the door. I run up to her and hugged her.

“Rachel, this murder isn’t the first one to happen. It happened to so many other children.” Mother said and took me inside. I don’t understand why would someone want to kill innocent children like this. Did the creatures in my dream mix me and the murderer up? No, they stated my full name.

I had to find out what was happening to the kids and why they were murdered. First I will look through Jacksons stuff at his house. I told my mom that I was going over to Jacksons house to help the Peterwigs out and she watched me go over there just to make sure. “Mr. Peterwig my I look through Jacksons room for clues?” They pointed to his room because they wanted any help they could get.

Is I looked through his room I found phone numbers in a box, some addresses, and a random phone? I asked the Peterwigs if Jackson had a phone and the answer was scary. So, if it’s not his who’s could it be?

The author's comments:

Cliff Hanger

What could these clues mean and how did they get there? I can’t tell his family that a stranger’s phone was in their house. So, what should I do with this evidence. I can just sneak it out. As I was leaving I heard sobbing a phones ringing, so it was relatively easy to get out. I took the box home along with the phone. “Mom I have something that may give me a lead,” I didn’t think mom would understand and she didn’t. “Wait, what, a lead for what?” “A lead to Jacksons Murderer!” My mom was shocked I had a lead because the police didn’t have a single clue in their favor.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 1 comment.


PWNZNE BRONZE said...
on Feb. 16 2017 at 8:41 pm
PWNZNE BRONZE, Knoxville, Tennessee
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I just love grueling murder," Flavia de Luce

Did anyone like this!