the demon chronicles | Teen Ink

the demon chronicles

By Davin, Leander, Texas
Davin, Leander, Texas

Leave with not what you take with you but only what you learn

Devin Stokes sat down at a desk in his math class bored out of his mind. It was the first day of school and same as always, he was not ready for another dreaded school year to start.
He looked around the room to see who was in the class. So far no one he knew. He shrunk down in his chair, took out his iPod, and turned on his favorite song. He began to lay his head down when he noticed a girl with dyed black hair who walked across the room and sat down at the desk closest to the windows. And the desk next to her wasn’t taken yet.
Yes, he thought. I still have a chance.
He stood up, grabbed his bag, and began to walk over to the empty desk until he saw Tom King, the worst guy in the world, sit there.
Great.
A minute later the bell rang and the teacher walked in the classroom.
“Good morning, everyone,” He said. “And welcome to Algebra 2. I am Mr. Thompson and I will be your teacher for the year. The first thing that we will be doing today is a seating chart because I do not like the looks of this arrangement.”
Mr. Thompson turned on the projector which showed the seating chart. When Devin saw his name in the front row second desk closest to the door, he immediately moved over there. He looked up to see who was supposed to sit by him.
Before he got the chance to see the name of the person, someone sat down in the desk, and he turned his head to see the girl with black hair. He also noticed two streaks of green in it.
“Hello,” Devin said. “I’m Devin.”
The girl looked at him and said, “I’m Jasmine.”
“Okay,” Mr.  Thompson said. “Now that we have that taken care of, let’s get started on our first lesson.”
Then the ground began to shake and the power in the school went out.  When it came back on, Devin found out that no one was in the room with him. He looked around the room again when a voice came from behind him.
“Hello Devin.”
Devin jumped out of his chair and turned around to see a man with short brown hair. He was wearing a black shirt, over it a brown jacket, and a pair of black jeans.
“Who are you?” Devin asked.
The answer he got were the most terrifying words that he never expected to hear anyone say.
“I’m Lucifer. I’m your father.”

Devin looked at Lucifer like he was crazy.
“You’re insane.” He said.
“Mostly,” Lucifer said. “But it’s true. I am your father one-hundred percent.”
“Prove it.” Devin said and Lucifer pulled up his sleeve.
On his wrist was a slanted red slanted line and in the middle of it was one black and one blue line. The symbol that meant “blood of a demon.”
“What’s that going to prove?” Devin asked.
Lucifer looked at Devin, smiled, and said, “check yours.”
Devin looked at Lucifer who smiled, then Devin pulled up his sleeve and when he saw that there on his wrist was the same symbol, he said, “oh, you’ve got to be kidding me.”
Lucifer stepped closer to Devin with his wrist out.
“Now,” he said. “If we put our wrists together, then another piece of the puzzle will be revealed.”
Lucifer reached out with his other hand, trying to grab Devin’s wrist. Devin moved his arm back slowly as if he was scared of what was going to happen next, but Lucifer just looked at him and said, “trust me.” And Devin moved his arm forward.
Lucifer then grabbed his arm and put their wrists together so that the symbols were touching. In between their wrists, the two symbols glowed and before Devin could move his arm back, he began to see a vision.
In the vision, Devin was a newborn baby in a carriage. Above him was his mother, Christina. Then Lucifer walked up and smiled at Devin. Christina walked away from them for a minute when they both heard a scream.
Lucifer turned around to see that his lovely wife was dead and above her was a man who looked like Lucifer.
Then their wrists broke apart.
“Oh my god,” Devin said. “You were right. But who was that guy who killed mom.”
Lucifer stood in silence for a while and turned his back on his son, then said, “My brother.”
Devin looked up at Lucifer and asked, “why.”
“I was a fine leader until Zechariah tried stealing the throne from me. After he failed countless times he disappeared and my worries began to fade away. Then I met Christina, things got better. We got married and then had you.”
“That’s when he snuck back in to my life. He first gave me a warning that if I didn’t give him my place, then he would kill you and Christina. But I didn’t listen to him.”
“A few hours after you were born, he came back and killed your mother. He tried killing you as well, but before he could get close to you, I stopped him and banished him from Hell, and I hid you good enough so that he will not find you.”
Devin looked at Lucifer with confusion.
“So why are you here?” Devin asked.
Lucifer looked at his son again, this time he was serious.
“It seems that Zechariah is planning an attack on the world until he gets what he wants. Of course our duty as demons are to terrorize the world, but the time hasn’t really come for that.”
“Wait. So you’re saying that you have a schedule on when you are going to end the world.?”
“Basically, but Zechariah is rushing the process. So I’m going to have to ask you to kill him for me.”
“Sure.” Devin smiled without even thinking twice about it.
“Seriously?” Lucifer asked confused.
“Why not? You sound like it’s a bad thing.”
“Well, facing him alone isn’t too bad. It’s just his son.”
“What about his son?”
“His son is a Nephilim.”
Devin woke up in his math class and looked around. The power was still and the people were still there. Everything was normal, except for one thing. He shouldn’t be here.
He got out of his seat, grabbed his stuff, and left the classroom without anyone knowing. He began to walk down the hall, closest to the exit when someone behind him said, “where do you think you’re going?”
He turned around to see Jasmine with her backpack on as well.
“Nowhere.” Devin said.
“You are such a bad liar, you know,” Jasmine said. “No seriously, where are you going.”
Devin looked at Jasmine, debating whether he wanted to tell her or not then turned his back to her.
“I can’t tell you.” Was all he could say, then he left.
Outside of the building, Devin walked over to his car and opened the driver side door. He put his backpack in the passenger seat and started the car.
“No seriously,” Jasmines voice came from the backseat. “Where are you going?”
“I’m pretty sure that if I tell you, then you’d probably try to kill me.” Devin said.
“No I won’t,” Jasmine said. “There’s no reason to kill you.”
“Unless I tell you that I’m not human.”
Devin expected to see Jasmine scared, but all she did was nod and said, “cool. Neither am I.”
“What?” Devin said confused.
“I’m also a Demon.”
Devin looked at Jasmine to see if there were any hints of her lying to him. When he saw that she wasn’t he took a deep breath, faced the front of his car and backed out of the parking zone and drove away from the school.
The drive to Devin’s house didn’t take long. When he pulled up in his driveway, he turned off the ignition, and got out of the car. Behind him, Jasmine walked with him until they got into the house.
“What are you doing?” Jasmine asked when she saw Devin pull out a sword from behind a picture frame.
“We need to get ready,” Devin answered. “If we are to battle Zechariah.”
“You cannot be serious,” Jasmine gasped. “What about the Nephilim?”
“If we’re lucky, we might be able to kill him.”
“That’s insane.”
“Have you met me?” Devin said sarcastically and smiled. Then he went out of the house and into the car.
He honked the horn to see if she was coming. She waited in the house, deciding whether if she should stay or go, then walked outside and got into the car.
And they drove down the street, out of the neighborhood. And into Hell.
Devin’s car stopped near a mountain with a giant entrance at the front of it. Devin and Jasmine both got out of the car at the exact same time and walked up to the entrance.
Devin pulled out his sword, swung it around his wrist, and it planted into his hand as he closed it around the handle.
“You ready?” Devin asked jasmine and she pulled out four ninja stars from her pocket.
“Hell yeah.” She said, and they both went inside the mountain.
The entrance was really dark and Devin had to pull out his iPod and turn on the flashlight until they saw a small light far off into the distance.
As they walked, the light began to grow and within a seconds they stepped into a giant room that didn’t look like it belonged to a demon. It looked more like a science center.
They looked around the room and, as they were looking for any sight of a demon being there. Instead they found several telescopes, countless calendars from the previous years. And in the middle of the room was a clock that was counting down.
“That must be the countdown for the end of the world.” Devin said to Jasmine.
“It is.” A voice behind them said and they both jumped back and pulled out their weapons.
In front of them stood a man in all black. His shirt really caught Devin’s eye. On the shirt were the words Demon’s rule on the chest.
“Ah,” the man said. “I was expecting you.”
Devin looked at the man confused and said, “your Zechariah.”
“Yes,” Zechariah smiled at his nephew, then looked at jasmine. “And who are you.”
“She’s Jasmine,” Devin answered for her. “My girlfriend.”
Jasmine smiled at Zechariah who smiled back.
“So how long have you known this little devil?” Zechariah asked jasmine.
“Not long,” Jasmine answered. “Just a few hours.”
“Well, that didn’t take long. How exactly did you guys meet?”
“Whoa, hey. We didn’t come here to chat.” Devin interrupted. “We came to stop you.”
“I know,” Zechariah said then walked over to one of his telescopes. “I never really thought I’d ever get to meet you in person. I just thought it was a surprise that Lucifer would really put his son in danger just to kill me.”
“I know. It surprised me too.” Devin said then then charged over to
Zechariah with his sword raised over his head.
Zechariah just stood there watching his nephew as he ran to him. Then he grabbed Devin’s arm and threw him across the room. Devin hit the wall so hard that it knocked the air out of him, and he lay on the ground.
“No.” Screamed Jasmine as she watched her boyfriend lie on the ground, struggling to get up, then she pulled out her ninja stars and threw them at Zechariah.
Pain shot to Zechariah’s gut and he fell to the ground holding his stomach. Jasmine walked over to her boyfriend who was on his feet now, and she took the sword out of his hands, then walked over to Zechariah who was beginning to get up now.
She raised her arms over her head, then swung down as hard as she could. The blade went clean through Zechariahs chest and Zechariah fell to the ground again.
As he lay dying, Devin walked over to Zechariah.
“It didn’t have to end this way,” Devin said. “But you made the wrong choice trying to take your anger out on the world.’
Devin then grabbed Zechariahs head and twisted it left, then right. And Devin and Jasmine left the mountain, into the dark world.

A teenage boy walks a room from the mountain entrance. He has jet black, curly hair, and is wearing a Three Days Grace T-shirt with black jeans. He looks around the room and notices that it’s completely destroyed.
He looks for his father to see if everything is fine and stops at the sight of a dead body on the ground. He moves toward the body and kneels. He then turns the body over and stops at the sight of his dead father.
He gets up and leaves the mountain and goes on the search for who is responsible for his father’s death.
    ONE WEEK LATER
Devin puts down his Xbox One controller and takes a couple of sips of his MTN DEW, then goes back to his game. He’s playing Crackdown 2. He hasn’t gotten really far, he just began playing a few days ago and hasn’t died yet.
Thirty minutes later, Jasmine comes down the stairs and stops at the sight of her boyfriend playing the game.
“Uh hum,” Jasmine says. “How long have you been down here?”
Devin pauses the game and looks toward his girlfriend and stops when he sees that she is wearing just a shirt and underwear. He then looks up at her face to see that she was mad at him.
“Not long,” Devin answers. “Just about two hours.”
“Two hour. Devin, what about training?”
“We still have time. Plus, nothing bad is going to happen.”
“You don’t know that. What about your cousin?”
“He won’t come after us. He doesn’t even know who we are.”
“Yeah, but still, once he finds out that his father is dead he will try to find us and- “
Then there was a knock at the front door.
“Who could that be?” Jasmine asks.
“I’m not sure.” Devin says, then he goes over to the front door and opens it.
Outside on the porch was a teenage boy with jet black curly hair wearing a black shirt with black jeans.
“Hello,” the boy says. “I have just witnessed a terrible tragedy. May I come in.”
“Uh. Sure.” Devin said, then the boy went inside, and Devin shut the door.
“So what sort of tragedy did you witness.” Devin then asked.
“The death of my father.” The boy said.
Jasmine gasped and covered her mouth.
“What’s your name?” Devin asked.
“Austin.”
Jasmine led Devin into the kitchen later that day while Austin was occupied and crossed her arms.
“What?” Devin asks.
“How could you let that monster into our house?” Jasmine says. “Do you not realize who that is?”
“Who?”
“Zechariah’s son, who happens to be a Nephilim.”
“How do you know?” Devin asks confused.
“He looks a lot like Zechariah, and the fact that he said that he had witnessed his father’s death. It makes total sense.”
“Okay. That’s insane. Do you think he knows that we killed his father?”
“I don’t think so. He would have killed us by now,” Jasmine said. “What should we do.”
“Kill him.” Lucifer’s voice came from behind them and they turned around.
“You guys killed Zechariah, which is exactly what was expected, but before you guys went, I warned you about the Nephilim.”
“Does he know that we killed Zechariah?” Devin asks.
Lucifer shakes his head. “No. He knows that a demon killed Zechariah, but he doesn’t know that it was you two. Before he could figure out that you guys killed his father, kill him. There’s only a matter of time before he finds out the truth and attacks you.”
“But how?” Jasmine asks.
“Take him to a non-populated area and keep him distracted. Once his back is turned kill him before he can spot anything unusual.” And with that, Lucifer left.
“What now?” Jasmine asks.
“Baseball.”
It didn’t take long for Devin, Jasmine, and Austin to find a good place to play baseball. All Devin and Jasmine had to do was find a non-populated place which wasn’t hard to find because before they killed Zechariah, they had come across a giant field with nothing but grass that was the size of a baseball field. Surrounding the field was a giant forest that stretched far enough to go and kill a Nephilim.
Devin and Jasmine walked over to the trunk of the car and opened it. Austin had gone over to the field and waited for the two to get the equipment.
“Do you think it’s going to work?” Jasmine asked.
“I hope so.” Devin answered.
Jasmine kissed Devin on the cheek then walked over to the field to put the plates down. Devin closed the trunk then carried the bats and the balls down to the field.
“Who’s ready?” Devin asks then walked to home plate with a bat in his hands. “Who throws first?”
“I will.” Austin says, then walks over to the middle with a ball in his hands.
“Ready?” Austin asks and Devin nods.
Austin then spits on the ground, pulls his arm back, and throws the ball. Before the ball could hit Devin in the face, he swings the bat as hard as he can, hitting the ball with such force that it flew across the field, and into the forest.
“Nice hit.” Austin says, then runs over to the forest to get the ball.
As Austin’s back was turned, Devin gave Jasmine the signal and she nodded. Devin then pulls out his sword and follows Austin. Behind Davin is Jasmine with her ninja stars out.
Davin and Jasmine both stop and stand a meter behind Austin. Davin raises his sword over his head and begins to bring it down.
“Don’t even think about it.” Austin says, then stands and turns around. In his hand is a dagger.
Austin looked at Devin and Jasmine and smiled. He Hated betrayal as much as he hated murderers. He never showed interest in those sorts of things.
“Well, well, well,” Austin says. “If it isn’t the traitors.”
“What are you talking about?” Devin Asks.
“Don’t play dumb. It was obvious you guys were hiding something from the very beginning. And I know exactly how you guys did it. First, as I was telling you guys about me dead father, Jasmine’s reaction was really out of the ordinary. Second, as you guys were talking in the kitchen, I was eavesdropping in the other room. I heard everything that you guys have said. Then when Lucifer joined the conversation and told you that he was happy that you killed my father, I got madder. Then you suggested baseball and I agreed that it was the perfect time to strike.”
Then Austin threw the dagger and it stuck into Devin’s leg. Devin winced at the pain and fell to the ground. Jasmine watched as Austin walked over to Devin and grabbed the dagger. He then pulled it out.
Devin yelled from the pain.
“This is what you get for betraying me,” Austin raised the dagger above his head. “And this is what you get for killing my father.”
Austin brought down the dagger, but before it could make contact, something sharp dug into Austin’s side. And he fell to the ground.
Austin pulled out the ninja star from his side and threw it to the ground.
“I really don’t want to kill you,” Austin says. “So I’m going to force you to watch your boyfriend die.”
Austin then threw the dagger, and it stuck in Jasmine’s leg. She fell to the ground without a sound. Austin took the dagger out of her leg and walked over to Devin.
“I’m going to make sure that you die in the most painful way.” He told Devin then stuck the dagger in his stomach.
Devin yelled as the knife went in his stomach, then out.
Austin smiled down at both of them and said, “see you in Hell,” then he left.
When Austin was out of sight, Jasmine crawled over to the bag with the equipment, grabbed some toilet paper, and wrapped in around her leg over her wound.
She then struggled to get to her feet. When she was able to stand, she struggled to get over to Devin, and kissed him on the lips.
Then she ran after Austin.

Six months later
Victoria Case walks in to the police station, happy that she has cracked another difficult case. She walks over to the chief and smiles.
“Another glorious case finished,” Victoria says. “And let me just say that I’m surprised that I cracked about twenty cases this past month.”
“Why would you be surprised?” The chief asks.
“Well, it’s because I’m the youngest on the force.”
“How old are you exactly?”
“Seventeen,” Victoria smiles. “And I’m ready for the next case.”
“Yeah. No more cases for you for the next few weeks.”
Victoria’s smile faded. “Why?”
“It’s just that, the others want to go out and explore the newest cases that we have. And if I let you do those, then they will get mad at me for giving you all of the cases.”
“So, what are you saying?” Victoria asks
“Go on vacation for a few weeks. We’ll call when we need you.”
With that Victoria left the building and went to her house. She put up her stuff and went straight to bed.
She closed her eyes moments later, then opened them again. Across the room, sitting in a chair, was a seventeen-year-old boy who had jet black hair, and wore all black.
“So,” the boy says. “No more cases for the next couple of weeks. That’s a shame. You were doing really well.”
“Who the hell are you?” Victoria asks.
The boy steps forward so that some light comes across his face and smiles.
“I’m the Nephilim.”

Victoria looks at Austin confused.
“A Nephilim?” Victoria asks. “You’ve got to be kidding me.”
“I’m not.” Austin says.
“Prove it.”
Austin then goes outside, Victoria right behind him. When Austin is in the middle of the front yard, he faces Victoria and says, “stand back.”
Victoria moves back a few meters and watches Austin.
Austin faces down and closes his eyes. Seconds later, he began to change into his Nephilim form. And after thirty second, Victoria was looking at a black, winged beast. His face looked sort of like a hybrid between an ogre and a troll.
Austin stood there a few more seconds, then jumped up and spread his wings. He flew up thirty feet, then stopped using his wings so that he wasn’t flying anymore, and he fell in the air.
Before he could hit the hard ground below him, he spread his wings and flew up again. Then he floated back down to the ground, in front of Victoria whose mouth was open in amazement.
When Austin was safely on the ground again, he changed back into his human form.
“Impressed?” He asks Victoria who nodded.
“How exactly did you turn into one.” Victoria asks.
“I was born this way,” Austin answered. “And so were you.”
“What the hell are you talking about? I’m not a Nephilim.”
“Yes you are. Why do you think I’m here?’
“I don’t know. I just thought you were stocking me.”
Austin looked at her like she was crazy, then told Victoria the craziest thing in the world.
“Your father was a demon and your mother was an angel. You never knew that because when you were really young, they were killed by Lucifer.”
“How do you know such a thing?”
“My father told me before he was killed by two demons. One of them is the son of Lucifer. The other is your sister.”
Jasmine runs through the forest closest to the field. In her hands are ninja stars. She stops and looks around, trying to figure out which way she wants to go, then hears footsteps behind her.
She turns around and raises her hands. She waits for her attacker to strike. But they don’t. All that’s there are footsteps coming closer, but from where?
“Hey.” Someone behind her says, and she turns around, getting ready to throw her ninja stars at her attacker.
She notices that he is not the person that she was looking for and puts her ninja stars away.
“Hey,” She says back. “Who the hell are you?”
“The name’s Nathan, my friend. I was on my way to the park when I heard a scream over on the other side of the forest, and I was coming to check it out.”
“You don’t need to. There’s nothing there to see.”
Nathan smiles. “You screamed, didn’t you?”
“No.” Jasmine lied, trying not to show it on her face, which she was bad at doing.
“Yes you did. I can see it on your face.”
“Fine, it was me.”
“What happened over there?” Nathan asks.
“Nothing,” Jasmine says. “Nothing’s there anymore.”
Nathan checks his watch and grunts.
“Well I guess I need to go. It’s getting late.”
Nathan turns and begins to leave.
“Wait,” Jasmine yells. “May I come with you?”
“Sure.” Nathan says, and walks.
A few minutes later, they arrive at Nathan’s house. Jasmine notices, as she walks up the sidewalk, that there are no cars.
“Do you live alone?” Jasmine asks
“Yes.” Nathan answers.
“Where are your parents?”
“Mom’s dead. She died when I was very young.”
“Sorry.”
“It’s alright.”
“What about your dad?”
“He’s somewhere. I don’t know exactly where.”
“Have you met him?”
“Yes,” Nathan says and smiles. “He’s Lucifer.”
Jasmine gasps, then says aloud, “another child of Lucifer.”
“What are you talking about?” Nathan asks.
“This might sound surprising, but you have a brother.”
“Seriously.” Nathan smiles.
“Well had a brother.”
“What do you mean?”
Jasmine closed her eyes, remembering how Devin looked after he was stabbed, then opened her eyes again.
“He was killed by a Nephilim.”
“Are you talking about Austin?” Nathan asks.
“You know him?”
“I used to go to school with that little devil. He tried making people believe that he was a Nephilim. When no one believed him, he left school and stayed with his father aka- “
“Zechariah,” Jasmine interrupts. “I know. Devin and I killed him.”
“Seriously?” Nathan asks, surprised. “You killed Zechariah? How?”
“I don’t want to talk about it at the moment.” Jasmine says, and a few tears run down her face.
“Hey. Did I ever mention that I have gift?”
“What sort of gift?”
“I can tell whether a person is dead or not without even laying a finger on them. Tomorrow we should go over to where Devin is and I’ll tell you if he’s alive or not.”
“You would do that?”
“Sure. We need to know if he’s alive or not.”
And with that said, Nathan went to his bedroom and Jasmine stayed on the couch until morning.
But she couldn’t really sleep that night because she felt something was wrong. So she quietly left the house and made it back up to the forest.
When she got on the field, she could still see Devin laying there motionless. She began to cry a little until she noticed someone else there.
Victoria.
Jasmine walked up to Victoria confused.
“Who the hell are you?” She asks.
“You should know who I am,” Victoria tells her. “We might have been young, but you shouldn’t have forgotten about your big sister.”
Jasmine began seeing a vision from her childhood. It shows her and another girl that she didn’t recognize until she heard her younger self say the name.
“Victoria.”
Then the memory faded, and she was looking at her sister again.
“I never understood love,” Victoria began. “That is until I met Austin. Then he told me that you killed his father. Now he wants me to kill you.”
“If I killed Zechariah,” Jasmine says. “Then I’ll be able to kill you as well.”
“Oh, we’ll see about that.” Victoria says, then she takes out her sword and runs at Jasmine.
As Victoria is running, Jasmine pulls out her ninja stars and begins to throw them at her.
All of them miss except the last one which goes into her stomach, and she falls to the ground.
Jasmine runs over to Victoria and picks up the sword.
“You know,” Victoria says. “It’s a shame Austin had to kill your boyfriend. If he was still alive, I probably would’ve had the chance to kill you and take him for myself.”
This made Jasmine mad as hell and she turned around.
“Never say anything like that again.” Jasmine tells her and stabs Victoria in the chest, then goes back to Nathan’s house and falls asleep on the couch.
That morning, they left the house and were back in the forest.
“So you haven’t told me yet how you killed Zechariah.”
“It was really strange,” Jasmine explains. “We went over to this mountain with an entrance. When we go into the mountain, we see a room that looks more of a science lab.”
“How did it look like a science lab?” Nathan asks.
“Telescopes were everywhere, and there were calendars everywhere. And in the middle of the room was a clock counting down.”
“It sounds like Zechariah was an astronomer.”
“I sort of thought that as well. So we were looking around, then he appeared behind us. I sort of had a conversation with him before we started fighting each other. Then Devin runs up with his sword raised about to attack, when he gets knocked across the room.”
“I, then, grabbed my ninja stars and throw them at Zechariah. While he’s on the ground, I grab Devin’s sword and stab Zechariah in the chest. Then Devin gets up and snaps Zechariahs neck.”
“Whoa,” Nathan says. “Sounds so cool.”
“Yeah.” Jasmine says, then they go out of the forest. And the person they see isn’t Devin.
It’s Austin.
“Where is he?” Jasmine yells at Austin.
“Somewhere.” Austin smiles.
“Why are you doing this?” Nathan asks.
“They killed my father. They planned to kill me too.”
“Fair enough,” Nathan says. “Why do you want to avenge your father. You hate him.”
“True. And just as I was seeing who he really was, they took him away. I can never forgive them.”
Austin runs at them with all his speed and knocks both of them on their butts.
“If you guys were smart, you wouldn’t fight me. You would probably join me.”
“Join you?” Jasmine says, confused. “Why the hell would we join you?”
“Because,” Austin explained. “Devin is not a true friend, you both know that. You can never trust Lucifer’s children.”
That ticked Nathan off, and he became mad. A few seconds later, he became a werewolf, and charged at Austin.
Austin knocked Nathan across the field and Nathan yelped.
“That’s a lesson to you, Nathan. Never run towards a Nephilim.”
Austin grabbed his sword and swung it at Nathan.
Then something amazing happened. Something that no one will ever forget.
A sword appeared under Austin’s, stopping his swing.
“Miss me?” Came Devin’s voice beside Austin.
Austin moves his sword back and says, “I thought you were dead.”
“Yeah,” Devin smiles. “So did I.”
Jasmine smiles, runs over to Devin, and kisses him.
“I missed you.” She says.
“I missed you too,” Devin says, then looks at Nathan and runs over to him.
Devin kneels by Nathan, says, “you’ve got guts,” then helps Nathan get to his feet.
“So do you.” Nathan says.
“I did not come back here to watch a family reunion,” Austin says. “I came to get my revenge, again.”
Devin smiles and says, “you may have had some luck last time. But this time, I’ve come prepared.”
Devin pulls out his sword, which is not the same sword as last time- this time it was a sword made from obsidian- and charges at Austin, who takes out his sword, and swings.
The two swords clash together and they both swing again.
“You know,” Austin says. ‘I’ve always hated demons.”
“Then why trust your father.” Devin asks.
Another clash.
“Because he’s the only family I’ve got.”
Clash.
“You still have me and Lucifer.”
Clash.
“You betrayed me. You killed my father. I can’t forgive you for that.”
“Good point.” Devin said, then he swung his sword at Austin’s leg and made contact.
Austin fell on his good leg, still fighting his cousin.
Devin then stopped swinging his sword and moved back.
“There,” He says. “Now we’re even.”
“I don’t fight to get even,” Austin says, then stands. “I fight to kill my enemies.”
Austin then runs at Devin with all his speed, and before Devin can turn around, Austin sticks his sword into his stomach and he falls.
Then Austin leaves.
“No.” Jasmine screams, and both her and Nathan run over to Devin.
“Go,” Devin says to both of them. “Go now. It’s not safe.”
Then the ground begins to rumble.
“I’m not leaving you again.” Jasmine begins to cry.
“Jasmine,” Nathan says. “We really need to go.”
Jasmine looks up and sees demons coming out of the ground.
“I’m not going anywhere.” Jasmine says looking at Devin.
Before the demons could get closer, Nathan grabs Jasmine and says, “we have no choice.”
Then they both leave.

Hunter stone looked down at the neighborhood that used to be his home. Now it was completely destroyed by the demons that now ruled the earth. A tear ran down Hunter’s face and he left the neighborhood sight.
He ran into the forest and got out his crossbows. As he ran, he shot all the demons that he saw. A couple of times, he got close to them and stole the special things that they carried.
“Hmm,” He said. “This is nice.”
He was looking in a journal that wasn’t titled and flipped through the pages. He stopped when he saw a name that was all too familiar. The name of the friend he used to have.
Austin.
He closed the journal and put it in his backpack. Then he continued running until he was out of the forest.
“Hunter,” Came a voice in his pocket.
He reached into his pocket and got out the walkie Talkie.
“Go ahead Cat.”
“Do you see all those demons?” Cat asked.
“Yes,” Hunter smiled. “I see them.”
“What are we going to do?”
“Haven’t quite figured that out yet.”
“You better hurry before we both end up dead.”
“I’ll see you in a bit.”
Hunter ran down the hill that led to an army base and climbed the fence. When he was on the other side, he ran for the building that Cat was in.
“Cat,” Hunter whispered. “Cat I’m here.”
He looked around then stopped when he saw a werewolf over Cat’s lifeless body. Eating her remains.
“Hey.” Hunter yelled and the werewolf looked over at him.
Hunter motioned for the werewolf to come over at him. The werewolf smiled and ran at Hunter with great speed.
Hunter took out his crossbows and began to shoot at the werewolf. The werewolf kept running towards him, not stopping until it made the wrong move.
Hunter shot at the ground, guessing where the paw was going to land. The arrow stuck into the werewolf’s paw and it fell to the ground whimpering.
He then made the kill shot, left the building, and headed for a helicopter. He grabbed the keys moments before going into a helicopter and got in.
Once the key was in the ignition, he flew up and looked for anymore survivors.
Oh please, He thought, oh please don’t make me be alone.
Hunter stopped his silent praises as he saw smoke coming from below. He switched the copter to autopilot and leaned forward.
On the ground were two people waving their arms in the air, trying to get the pilots attention.
Hunter lowered the copter and motioned them to get in.
Once they were in, he got the copter back up into the air.
The ground around Devin was almost completely destroyed. All that was left was the last pieces of dirt that still held his almost lifeless body. He was on the brink of death.
Behind him came footsteps that became louder as they came closer to Devin. Lucifer kneeled down by his almost dead son and sighed.
“Why are you wasting the time I’m giving you?” Lucifer asks as he tore out Devin’s almost dead heart and healed it. “You better not do it again.”
Then Lucifer stuck the heart back into his son who coughed then rose.
“Why did you do that?” Devin asks.
“So you can destroy the monster that I’ve created.”
“Why are you talking about Nathan like that? He’s really cool.”
“No not Nathan. I’m talking about Austin.”

Hunter switched the copter to autopilot, then went to go check on the two people that he saved.
“You guys alright?” He asks.
“I’m good,” Jasmine answers. “How about you Nathan?”
“I feel something,” Nathan says, then looks at Jasmine. “Devin’s alive.”

“What are you talking about,” Devin asks Lucifer. “Austin’s not your son. Zechariah’s his father.”
“Not his biological father,” Lucifer explains. “You guys don’t have the same mother. None of you three. All different mothers.”
“Why are you telling me this?” Devin asks, but Lucifer didn’t answer. 
“You guys were born around the same time. I was terrified because I didn’t know how to take care of three boys. So after all three of you were born, I decided to raise only one. So I gave the other two away and kept you, because I knew you were special. The reason I didn’t choose one of the others was because I sensed something darker in both of them.”
“So I gave Austin to Zechariah just to make him happy, and I let Nathans’ mother keep him because I didn’t know how to raise a wolf.”
“What’s this have to do with Austin?” Devin asks.
“Over the years, I’ve noticed that Austin has gotten darker on the inside, he changed his good personality after Zechariah shut him out. His only purpose in life now is to destroy the demons. That is why I want you to kill him before the world becomes hell.”
“What if he kills me first?”
“Then he takes over the world.”

Nathan opens his eyes and gasps.
“Oh no.” Nathan says
“What?” Jasmine asks.
“Devin’s going after Austin.”

It took a little while to find where Austin was hiding, but once he found him, he did his best to stop this monster.
“Austin,” Devin yells. “We need to talk.”
Austin dropped back on the earth in his Nephilim form and asks in a low voice, “why.”
“This isn’t right. Taking your anger out on the demons. It’s not like you.”
“How could you know what I’m like.”
“Because our father told me.”
“That’s impossible,” Austin changed back into his human form. “Lucifer didn’t tell you anything.”
“Wait. You knew that Lucifer is also your father?”
“Isn’t it obvious.”
“Well I just thought that you were still trusting Zechariah.”
“Like I’d trust him. He’s the one that turned me into this monster, and there’s no going back.”
“Actually there is. You can stop this madness that you’ve created and we can end this without hurting anyone else.”
“Or?”
“I will destroy you myself.”
“I’ll take that chance.” Austin said and he turned back into his Nephilim form, grabbed Devin, and flew into the air.
“This is what you get for trusting Lucifer.” Austin growled then let go of Devin.
Devin landed inside of the helicopter really hard.
“Ow.” Devin says.
Jasmine gets up and hugs him really tight.
“Are you done with dying now?” She asks.
“After we kill Austin before he destroys the world.”
“And how do you suggest we do that?” Nathan asks.
“You need to build an army.” Lucifer says behind them.
“Where exactly are we going to find an army?” Devin asks his father.
Lucifer points down to where the demons are destroying the world.
“You have your army,” Lucifer answers. “Just give the signal.”
And with that they all jump out of the helicopter.

Austin swings his sword as fast as he can, killing all the demons that are in his way. He looks up to see where the helicopter is.
When he sees that it’s not in the air, he laughs.
“Take that Devin.” He yells.
“I will.” Answers Devin from behind him.
“I’m really getting tired of killing you. Let’s hope this time is for good.”
“Let’s Dance.”
And with that everyone rose, surrounding Devin and Austin.
Devin and Austin walked in a circle, swords out, staring each other down. It was like that for a while, then Austin ran at Devin and swung his sword. Devin blocked his attack then made his own attack.
Swinging the sword like crazy, Devin moved forward with each attack, making Austin move back. It was like that until Austin fell on the ground.
“It didn’t have to end this way.” Devin says, then brings his sword down hard.
Austin rolled left, got back up, and attacked again. This time he wanted to end this once and for all.
So he threw his sword out, hoping to stab his enemy. Devin moved back once he saw what was coming and brought down his sword over Austin’s arm.
Austin yelled as his arm fell to the ground, and Devin sliced off the other arm. Then Devin sliced off a leg and Austin fell to the ground.
Devin picked up Austin’s sword and towered over Austin.
“It didn’t have to end this way, Austin.” He says, then brings both swords down. Ending Austin’s life.
Everyone cheered around him and Jasmine went up and kissed him.
“Wait,” yells Hunter. “You guys forgot one thing.”
Then Hunter raises his crossbow, pointing it at Devin.
Hunter shot the crossbow and before it could go into Devin, Nathan jumps in front of him and falls to the ground.
Devin throws his sword at Hunter, which goes directly into his chest, and he dies.
Devin crouches above his brother.
“Why did you do that?” Devin asks Nathan.
“So you can rule the world.” Nathan says
Then he dies.
    4 Years Later
Devin, Jasmine, and Lucifer stand in front of the crowd. Devin and Jasmine are facing each other, smiling.
Devin is wearing a suit that Lucifer wore on his wedding day, and Jasmine is wearing a beautiful white dress.
Lucifer begins to speak.
“Dearly beloved. We are gathered here today to join these to people as they start a brand new chapter in their lives. And does anybody know the rest of the saying because honestly I don’t.”
They all laugh and Lucifer continues.
“Devin. Do you take this woman to be your wedded wife ‘til Death do you part?”
Devin looks into Jasmine’s beautiful brown eyes and says, “I do.”
“Jasmine. Do you take this man to be your wedded husband ‘til death do you part?”
“Hell yeah.” Jasmine smiles.
“I’ll take that,” Lucifer finishes. “I now pronounce you husband and wife. Devin, you may kiss your demon.
“Finally.” Devin says, then they kiss.