Was it me? | Teen Ink

Was it me?

May 17, 2016
By MoniqueRenea, Eagan, Minnesota
More by this author
MoniqueRenea, Eagan, Minnesota
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Chynna and Lilliana had been best friends since elementary school they did everything together and i mean everything to the point where they would shower together. Chynna and Lilliana always planned for the next step in their lives with one another from elementary talking about how cool they would be in middle school or how they were going to pick all the same classes in high school, When Lillianna moved she begged for a car just so she could stay in the same school as her best friend. With senior year almost reaching its end the two girls were excited to attend Clark atlanta together, With Chynna majoring in journalism and Lilliana in business management the two knew there was a bright future ahead not knowing that one of them wouldn't even make it past graduation night.
Twas the night before graduation, Chynna was sleeping over Liliana's place and the girls would get ready for the big day together like they have been dreaming about since they were innocent freshman. Staying up all night talking about not only the future but how far they've came and how they did everything they said thus far. Lilliana loved her best friend more than anything but she had always been afraid of her slightly complex friend, she had many theories and would never forget the day that made her so afraid. When the girls were in 4th grade Liliana went over Chyna's house, they were playing all their usual games of BRATZ dolls and who sung it better, until everything changed. When playing with the dolls Chynna threw one right at Liliana's head and started laughing, troubled, Lilliana was trying not to cry but just laughed and threw one right back. Everything was okay when they both burst out in laughter bouncing off each other's energy until next thing she knew Chynna was lunging towards her.  Why was Chynna now on top of her now??? why was she choking her?! Afterwards Chynna had act like it never happened and Lilliana never brought it up.. Until now.
“Hey Why..do you remember that one time when we were little and we were playing dolls..”
“ Like we didn't do that all the time ahah be more specific girl”
“ i wasn't finished.. We were playing dolls and then you threw one at me..it was funny until you were on top of me. I never said anything about it after..do you remember that?”
“ b**** did you get that from a movie or something haha that s*** didn't happen? I remember when i threw one at you but i never choked you. Why would you say some s*** like that?”
At this moment Lilliana knew that Chynna didn't remember, she never remembered the bad things she random did. This made Lilliana more concerned than she had ever been about her best friends mental health.

he girl's cheeks hurt from smiling so hard, they couldn't believe they just graduated high school still best friends. The day was filled of laughter and cries from everyone. Now it was time to party. There was about to be a huge class party and the girls were more than ready to turn up.  While Chynna was going on and on, all Lilliana could think about was the plan she had. She was going to wait till Chynna was a little tipsy to confront her that way she might be more relaxed and she could try to make her understand that she might need help. That way we can go on with our future plans and Chynna well get the help she needs. She thought to herself.
Chynna woke up on the floor of the house from the party last night, chuckling to herself thinking of what a crazy night her and Lilliana had from what she could remember.. it was so fun. Turning over and reaching her hand out waiting to feel Liliana's body,it was to her surprise when she was gone. She wouldn't leave me Chynna confusingly thought to herself. She got up and began to stumble around in search for her best friend. She looked everywhere and couldn't find her, Chynna started to worry that Liliana had gotten too drunk and wandered off somewhere, her car was still there...but Liliana wasn't.
“Where could she be?”
Chynna called Liliana and headed outside. There was no answer but there was the sound of Liliana's ring tone in far distance. Struggling, still drunk from the night before, Chynna keeps calling and follows the sound the best she can. Getting closer the ring tone started to be drowned out by the sound of rushing water near by. Chyna drops her phone in horror and let's out a scream. Half way into the water with blood leaking out her head into the stream was Liliana, eyes still open looking so lifeless. Chynna was running for help before she even realized what really just happened. That wasn't some random drunk girl who I found… It wasn't just anyone I found in the woods dead. It's my best friend. Liliana. I just found my best friend in the woods. Dead. Running into the house waking every single one of her hung over school mates with screaming words only she could understand.
After finally getting out the horrific thing she had just saw everyone became overwhelmed with emotions some people cried and some were so in shock they didn't move at all. They called for help, soon Chynna became furious
“WHICH ONE OF YOU??? WHICH ONE OF YOU SICK F***S MURDERED MY BEST FRIEND. WHO DID IT? I SWEAR I'LL KILL YOU” looking at everyone while tears continued to blurt her vision. All of a sudden a voice from behind her spoke
“I know we were all pretty messed up...but Chynna the last time anyone saw Liliana was with..well..you..” Chynna couldn't breath. She's lying. I'd know if I was or not wouldn't I?... Sirens interrupted her thoughts. Rushing outside Chynna whispered under her breath “who killed my best friend”

The author's comments:

This is an unfinished story. This is the part im decideing to end it at. I will finish it but only post if people actually read it and want me to. 

Riding in the ambulance to the hospital Chynna knew right away that she was going to get asked a lot of questions by the police, Lila's mom and her whole class. Chynna always had the answers for anyone who needed to know about Liliana but how could she answer questions she doesn't have the answer to..she didn't remember.
At the hospital Chynna was the only one there for at least 45 minutes before Liliana's mother came. She was carrying a box a tissues and Chynna could tell her crying is what delayed her arrival. With a rush of emotions hitting here Chynna felt the certain urge to get up in run, it was because she knew Ms. Williams would have many questions assuming she had all the answers. Before she could get up Ms. Williams spotted her and came running to her side.
“OH honey. Come here i'm so sorry” She pushed out in between sobs
“I can't imagine how you feel i know LiLi was your best...your best..”
Liliana's mother began to sob again Chynna knew she was going to have to speak now, but what would she say? Her mouth started to speak but no words were coming out. She needed to get it together.
“Ms. Williams you don't have to be worried about me, She was your daughter before she was My bestfriend...my sister” Tears started to roll down Chynnas cheeks, dripping onto her shirt. Chynna looked down feeling the touch of her warm tear.
“aha .. this isn't even my shirt..it's hers. She let me borrow it last night” The sound of just saying last night shocked Chynna, She was just here last night. Not even 24 hours ago she thought to herself. Chynna could feel herself starting to get really emotional, she was going to break down. But she knew she had to be strong for Ms. Williams, if she saw her break down it would only make things worse.
“You can still call me Mom Chy.. Just because Liliana is gone doesn't mean you have to stop, you are basically my second daughter. Id actually really appreciate it if we kept everything the same.. And still spend time together. Were going to need each other..i'm going to need...you”
They hugged while exchanging sobs. She was really gone.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.