The One | Teen Ink

The One

January 19, 2016
By Anonymous

I'm sitting alone on a bench that is facing the waterline. I've aged and my youth has disintegrated. My strength has weakened and age had caught up to me. I usually numb myself so my demons can't devour me all at once. Today is an odd day, I feel my demons dancing inside of me. They are screaming for me too set them free, but I promised myself I wouldn't anymore. No more skeletons in my closet. I've been broken since the day I came into this world. I knew my demons were going to be the death of me since I was six. That early I knew what I was destined for and it wasn't greatness. My earliest memory was from when I was six I always loved to play around by myself in the woods I was quite a lonely boy. One day I was playing in the woods and something caught my attention. There was something squirming in the leafs and I walked slowly towards it. It was a squirrel. It wasn't dead but it was hurt. I don't know what came over me I reached down and grabbed a rock. I kneeled down grabbed the squirrels neck and smashed the rock on its head over and over again. It felt so good to see the life of something die away in front of your eyes. It was like watching the leaves change color for fall but a lot more gruesome. I was only six I didn't see wrongness in my actions. I brought the squirrel home with me it just felt like it was the right thing to do. I stashed the squirrel in my room. About a week later it started to smell like dying flesh and my scared dear mother went in my room and found it. Ever since then I could see the fear in her eyes not towards me but fear of what I'll become. A mother always cares for their child and I'll always care for my mother. From that day on I made sure she'd never find out about my 'hobbies.' After that the rest of my childhood I would find animals and experiment on them. I would strangle them, cut them open, and many more creative things. What I loved most was seeing them struggle. I could see the fear in their eyes. They never saw me coming but deep down I knew they knew or at least felt something. Like when you know that's something is about to happen you can smell it in the air but you just can't put your finger on it. My name is Carter smith and I'm forty three and I've killed twenty seven human beings to be exact. I'm not proud of it but I am who I am. I tried to control it. I've tried very hard. Nothing specifically made me snap so to say. I was born a killer, I could even say it's in my blood. People like me shouldn't be loved.  Something made me this way and even if I could I wouldn't change it for the world. I do have my limits I would never hurt a child. That's one boundary I would never cross. I do have a specific target. Women about the age of twenty to forty. My first kill was very intriguing. I've only Practiced on animals but this was much more dangerous I would actually be taking a life away from a breathing human being. I had to get every detail right there was no room for errors. Unfortunately that didn't work out as I planned. I was 21 and I was walking home from my university. It was starting to get dark and no one was really outside at this time of hours. I had to stay late to write my research paper for my English class. I walk the same route home everyday. I turned the corner of Berry St, you could see the moon starting to show behind the clouds. I was walking straight but then I saw something shiny from the corner of my eye. I turned my head slightly to the left and I saw this beautiful auburn haired women just standing there. I couldn't help but stop and stare for a second, she was waiting at the bus stop. She was slim and had her hair put up in a ponytail which made her face features look more defined. Her cheekbones were nice and high and her lips were the color of a perfect pink peach you see in cartons. She was absolutely mesmerizing and I knew she had to be my first. I walked over towards her and stood behind her. She smelled like roses I wanted to touch her skin. Oh how soft it looked. The bus pulled up and I followed her, I took the same bus. A sat in the way back just observing her. I did this for a whole week. I studied her routine and just admired her. I couldn't wait to get her under my possession. I did this for the longest time until I knew it was time. I planned everything with perfection but I knew that in the heat of the moment it might change. I wrote it all down in my notebook it had all the objects I would need. The day was coming closer and closer and my excitement grew more and more with each passing second. October 21, 1978, today was the day. It was an ordinary day, the leafs were crisp and you could feel the cold fall breeze warning you that winter was upon us. 



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.