Two Faced | Teen Ink

Two Faced

By Brenda Alvarado, San Diego, California
Brenda Alvarado, San Diego, California

Author's note:

Brenda A was born and raised in San Diego, California. She is now attending Point Loma High, struggling with the high school drama, trying her hardest to get good grades and trying to survive in high school and making the most of it. After all, these are her golden years.

The beginning of the school year was just starting and I was already hating it. I live in a small where literally you know everyone. If you even try to avoid someone it's not going to work, that’s how small this town is. The only thing that was making it better was knowing that I’m going to be graduating in a couple months and that the boy that I have been crushing on since freshman year was finally my boyfriend. As I was walking to the 100 building to get my schedule I ran into my best friend Christian.

“NEVAEH!” he screamed.

“Omg, don’t scream everyone’s staring.” I laughed.

“Well hello to you too, I’m glad to hear that you missed me.”

“You know I missed you!” I said as I hugged him.

“Missed you too kid.”

I’ve known Christian since I was in the first grade, ever since then he’s been my best friend.

“Where’s Danni?” he asked as he was looking around for him.

“Oh, he’s not here yet, he’s on his way.”

“Well lets go get our schedules.” he said as he lead the way.

“So how was your summer buddy? since I didn’t spend it with you because you were too busy hanging out with your girlfriend.”

He laughed, “it was pretty good, football practice was hard, but you know it comes with the sport. What about your summer miss captain of the cheerleaders?”

“Gymnastic practice killed me plus cheer practice, UGH! but Danni took me on cute dates and I saw him almost every day, so overall it was great. Except the part were my best friend was too busy to hang out with me!” I frowned at him.

“I’m sorry, but hey you did see me on my birthday, and we got crazy that night.” He smiled.

“well I mean yea, but it was weird since every summer we usually spend it together so it was .” Cristian kept laughing.

“you know I love you though.”

“yea, yea.”

We finally got to the 100 building and It was packed with the lower classmen and some of the juniors. We got in line to get out schedules. We were both in different lines since our last names were different. It was 6:45 in the morning so it was cold outside and of course, I was dumb and didn’t bring a sweater. Danni had texted me and said he had just got to school, so I was in line waiting for him. Out of no where I felt that someone put their hands on my hips. I turned about and it was Danni. I screamed

“Baby!” and gave him a kiss.

“I just saw you like a day ago, you act like I haven’t seen you in weeks.” he said as he laughed and hugged me tight.

“I missed you ugly.” I made one of those sad faces to him to make him feel bad.

“Good, I missed you too princess.” He smiled and held my hand as we were waiting in line.

“Did you see Christian, I saw him over there with his girl.”

“Yea, I was talking to him since his busy ass didn’t hang out with me over the summer.” Danni smiled.

“We’ll nobody has time for you anyway.” I punched him on his arm.

“Shut up you idiot.” He went around me and hugged me from behind.

“You ready for senior year? It’s gonna be crazy kiddo.” He kissed me on the cheek.

“Yup.”  Danni had seen his friends, so he left me and started talking to them. Frankie, Jojo and Cesar yelled out at the same time

“Hi Nevaeh.” I smiled, waved back and turned around. My friends weren’t here quite yet so I was alone. Danni had kept staring at me everytime I would turn around, I would just stick my tongue at him or flip him off. He would just smile and continue talking to the boys. Finally I was in the front and got mine and Danni’s schedules, we had chemistry second period, french fifth period and math last period together. I walked towards Danni and the boys and I seen my best friend Lillian walking towards the schedule lines.

“Here babe, we have second, fifth and sixth period together, I gotta go catch up with Lilliann so bye bye love you.” I gave him a kiss on the cheek and hugged him.

“Girl, you know damn well you can’t just leave without giving me a kiss come here.” His soft warm lips kissed mine and his warm big hand were on my waist and my arm were on his shoulders and hands on his soft brown hair. After we kissed I was walking away towards Lillian.

“Lilli!” I yelled out.

“Nanni!” She ran up to me and hugged me. I missed this girl. She had went away for the summer to Hawaii to visit her grandparents so I didn’t get to see her.

“Omg, I missed you!” She said

“Missed you too, where’s Danni and Christian? I haven’t seen or talked to them in so long.”

“Oh, Danni is with his boys and Christian is with his girlfriend. How was hawaii?”

“It was good, it was so pretty and the guys, woah” I laughed. Danni had came up to us since he seen Liliann.

“Ugh, it’s you you’re back again.” Danni laughed and hugged me from behind.

“Be nice Danni.” I said.

“Shut up Daniel you know you missed me.” I looked at Liliann wired since they were never close. They actually really talked. Danni raised one eyebrow and looked at her weird, he asked me “hey do you want to go get food with me and the boys?” I really didn’t have a choice to chose to go or not because Danni had already been guiding me with him towards his friends.

“I’ll see you later Lilli, text me a picture of your schedule.” I smiled.

She seemed mad, but I don't think it bothered her since our friends where already on their way here. Danni and I passed by Christian, he looked at us and waved and smiled. Danni waved back and I went up to him and gave him and his girlfriend a hug. As we were walking to the cafeteria Danni had said their was a random guy looking at us.

"Babe do you know that guy?" He pointed at him.

The guy had baggy old clothes on. His white shirt was not white anymore, it was a light brownish color. His jeans were ripped by where his knees were. His shoes were ripped and torn apart. He looked like he was in his 30’s. He had a shopping cart next to him filled with cans in trash bags. I was pretty sure he was a homeless person since he looked like one.

"No. Never seen him before." Danni kept looking at him.

"Babe, come on let's go. It's nothing serious, let's go." I was pulling his arm so we can leave and not start any problems. After all it's the first day of school. Danni and I started walking away.

“So you don’t know that guy?”

“No.”

“Oh okay, good.”

Danni looked nervous. His hands were shaking, and he kept looking back. I didn’t know was was going through his head.

“Bro! They have pancakes today!” Frankie was talking to Cesar loudly.

“Frankie, why are you being so loud?” Danni laughed, he finally stopped shaking once we got to the other side of campus. Frankie looked at Danni with a serious face.

“You know I love the pancakes. I’m gonna go since I know they’ll run out soon.” Frankie started pacing in the hallway, he shoved people out of the way.

“Yo, wait for me!” Cesar yelled out and cached up to him.

“Ya’ll are just gonna leave me like that!” Jojo screamed.

“Wow, whatever.” Jojo walked by himself.

“Aww, poor Jojo.” I said then me and Danni laughed. Danni had his arm around me. Jojo turned around, looked at me, then Danni, then me, and again looked at Danni.

“Weirdo.” Danni kept looking at Jojo. We finally got to the cafeteria. Frankie and Cesar were already sitting and eating. We sat with them.

“You guys are fat.” Danni said.

The bell rung. I got up and said “Bye babe, text me.”

“Alright.” I kissed him and walked up the stairs to the 400 building. As I was walking up the stairs I could see the homeless guy across the street. He was talking to the Vice Principal Mrs. Sanchez. I walked to my History class which was above the cafeteria. The homeless guy was gone and so was Mrs. Sanchez.

“Alright class, you can sit where ever you’d like but I’m just letting you know, if you start being a chatty cathy you’re going to get moved. I’m serious. You are here to learn not socialize.” The teacher was already starting to get on my nerves and I dont even know his name.

“My name is Mr. Fitz. I’ll be your history teacher until June 13th. That’s when you’ll be graduating and I’ll never see your faces ever again.”

I already started hating this teacher and it’s only the first day. Everyone was in their seats by the time the late bell rang.

“When that bell rings, I will close the door and if you’re late you’ll have to wait outside until the announcements are over then I’ll open the door.”

“Well s***!” Michael said. He sits in the way back so you can rarely hear him but he said it loud enough for the whole class to hear. Everyone started laughing and looked at him.

“I’m sorry?” Mr. Fitz got up in anger.

“Don’t you think you’re being a little harsh.”

“Not really, you are all seniors. This is your fourth and final year in high school. You guys all know how high school works.” For some reason some people started laughing.

“Oh, you guys think that’s funny?” Everyone stayed quiet after. Someone knocked on the door. Mr. Fitz went to go open it.

“Mrs. Sanchez, what can I do for you today?” He smiled, but he looked really creepy. He looked like the joker from batman.

“Can I borrow Nevaeh Marquez for a couple of minutes?”

“Yea sure, Where’s Nevaeh?” I raised my hand and Mrs. Sanchez walked towards me.

“Grab your stuff and come with me please.” She was whispering for some reason, everyone was already staring at us so she could’ve just said it out loud. I quickly grabbed my stuff and walked right behind her. She walked out and I closed the door.

“Do you know a guy named Nolan McGuire?”

“No, never heard that name in my life.”

“Okay. Walk with me to the my office. First off you are not in trouble so don’t worry.” Why would I be in trouble it’s only the first day of school, I asked myself. She walked in front of me and I just followed her. I suspected Nolan McGuire was that crazy creepy hobo, but I didn't say anything. The walk to her office was quiet and awkward. She never asked me any questions not once. She didn’t look at me or anything she just kept looking foward and did not say one word. It was weird though, most teachers when they walk you to their office they usually talk to you and ask how your day was but nope, Mrs. Sanchez did not. Once we got to the office she told the attendance lady, Mrs. Berg to write me a late pass for second period.

“What’s your last name hun?” Mrs. Berg asked.

“Marquez.” I replied.

“Okay, follow me” Mrs. Sanchez directed me towards her. I followed her but suddenly I was getting nervous. My hands were shaking, my palms were sweaty and I had butterflies in my stomach. Mrs. Sanchez had asked me to sit on the chair in front of her desk. She patiently sat behind her desk and took a deep breath.

“Did you see that creepy guy across the street before first period?” She asked nervously.

“Yea, what about him?”

“He claims that he knows you. He wanted to talk to you. He came into the office and asked for you and where you were.”

“Oh, well I don’t know him. Never seen him before in my life.” I was scared.

“Okay, well he won’t be able to come back so don’t worry. Do you know if anyone in your family knows him?”

“Not that I know of.”

“Alright, just be careful if you ever see him.” The second period bell had rung.

“You can go now, make sure to pick up your late pass in the front.”

“Okay, Thank you.” I picked my stuff off the floor and walked out of her office. I passed by the front and I didn’t see Mrs. Berg there so I waited for a little bit. She came out of Mr. Robinson’s office. Mr. Robinson is the principle.

“Your pass is on my desk,  you can go now.”

“Okay thank you.” I said

I was wondering were I had put my phone, I panicked and checked my bag. I found it in there and I was relieved I thought I had lost it. I had two missed calls from Danni and 25 text messages from him.

“Of course Danni.” I whispered to myself. Luckily my second period class was with him and it was right next to the office. I opened his text, All they said was “Babe!” The late bell had rung and nobody was around. I started walking to class and out of no where I hear someone scream my name. I never heard that voice before. It was a guy’s voice, it was deep and did not sound like any of Danni’s friends voices. I was scared to turn around but I did anyway. I slowly turned around. It was Danni and a dude I didn’t know.

“Asshole! I thought it was the old hobo guy.” Danni laughed.

“Why would it be him?”

“I’ll tell you later, who’s this?”

“Oh I just met him today, his name is Brian. Brian this is my girlfriend, babe this is brian.”

“Hi brian” Brian just smiles and waved at me.

“Yo, why aren’t you guys in class? the late bell already rung?” I said.

“SHHH!” Danni put his index finger not on my lips but close to my lips.

“Yea, I’m gonna go to class.” Brian responded.

“Alright bro.” Danni and Brian gave eachother a fistpump handshake.

“Bye brian.” I smiled and Brian smiled back. Brian started walking away and me and Danni began to walk to our class. I had put my late pass in my pocket and since Danni was walking behind me going up the stairs he took it and asked,

“Why were you in Mrs. Sanchez’s office? Ooh, did you already get in trouble on the first day of school?”

“You know I’m a good girl and don’t get in trouble.” I smiled real big.

“Yea, sure kiddo. Are you going to tell me why you thought that the hobo was calling your name?”

“Yea, later though because we’re already ten minutes late and it’s only the first day so apurate.”

We got to the front door of chemistry class and I pulled on it but it was already locked.

“F***!”

“What?”

“It’s locked, we have to wait now.”

“Good, makeout time” He grabbed me by my waist and pulled me close.

“No, Danniel. Let me knock.” Danni let me go and I knocked. I could see Mr. Henry coming up since the door was see through. He opened the door and smiled really creepy.

“Oh wow, I have Mr. Danni Medina.”

“Yea, I’m not amused about this either.” Danni said as he rolled his eyes.

“Why are you guys late?” He asked.

“I was in the vice principal's office. I have a late pass, Danni give it to him.” I replied. Danni handed him the pass.

“Alright you’re good, what about you Mr.?” Mr. Henry crossed him arms and was waiting for Danni to say something.

Danni sighed. “Well.”

“Save it. take your seats.” Danni and I walked in the class and took the last two seats available. Luckily the seats where right next to eachother.

“He didn’t even let me finish.” Whispered Danni. We both looked at each other and bursted out laughing. We sat down and Mr. Henry stared at us. 

“SHHH!” Mr. Henry didn’t seem that happy. Danni looked at him with a ‘like dude really’ face.

“As I was saying, this year won’t be hard for you if you pay attention.” Mr. Henry looked at Danni

“If you don’t then good luck.” Mr. Henry added. Danni raised his hand.

“Oh god, Danni please don’t.” I whispered to him.

“This should be good, yes Danni can i help you?”

“Um, yea. Why’d you look at me when you said if you dont pay attention this year will be hard for you?”

“Danni, stop. You’re gonna cause problems.” I kept whispering.

“You know what never mind.” Danni replied.

“Well alright then.” Mr. Henry kept talking about how we should obey his class rules, but I tuned him out and acted like I was listening.

Danni kept poking me by the side of my stomach. When he would poke me I would grab his hands so he would stop but as usual he makes a sad face and it’s so cute when he does it, so I let his hand go because he’s just so cute. Danni looked at me. I was looking at the whiteboard in front of the class but I can see Danni looking at me in the corner of my eye. He kept looking at me a he smiled. I raised my eyebrow, the one that was facing Danni. My left eyebrow. Danni smiled.

“You know I just noticed you have a lot of freckles. They’re real cute. I never noticed since you’re tan, but you’re dark but not too dark.” Danni was whispering since Mr. Henry was blabbing on about the class syllabus. I looked at Danni with a serious face.

“Did I tell you, you look beautiful today?” He was still whispering just every time he talked his voice kept getting louder. I turned my body towards him.

“You’re gonna get us in trouble, pay attention.” I said as I pointed to the front of the class. I turned my body back towards the front. Danni was still staring at me and he was still smiling.  He turned his head forward and licked his lips.

“Alright, Ms. goddy goddy.” He smiled and payed attention to Mr. Henry. He put his hand in his pocket and grabbed his phone out. He went to his text messages and started typing. He sent the text and my phone goes off. I had forgotten to take it off sound. Mr. Henry looks at me and so does everyone else in the class.

“Nice one dumbass.” he whispered then laughed.

“Nevaeh, can you please not text in my class and turn your phone off or on vibrate?”

“Yes, I’m sorry. Won’t happen again.” I turn my phone on vibrate and open Danni’s text. It said

“Your belly button ring is peeking out” with an eye emoji and a heart.

“Seriously Danni.” I started at him.

“Love you babe.” He giggled. The bell rung.

“Yes! Finally!” Danni shouted. He got up from his seat.

“Let’s go babe.” He tapped me on the shoulder and walked out the classroom. I quickly grab my bag and walk out. Mr. Henry looked at Danni as he walked out and rolled his eyes.

“Alright, see you all tomorrow.”

Danni was waiting outside by the door talking to Liliann. She was really close to Danni. She was looking at him. It looked like she was about to drool.

“Hi!” After I had said hi she took her eyes off him.

“Hey!”

“Where’s your class right now?” She asked.

“Uh, I have Englsih in 700.” I told her.

“Want me to walk you?” Danni asked me. As soon as Danni opened his mouth Lillian went right back to looking at his mysteriously. I kept an eye on her.

“If you want, I don’t want you to be late to your class though.” I was staring at Liliann while she was looking at Danni. Liliann glanced at me and saw that I was looking at her. She looked down.

“I won’t, let’s go.” Danni grabbed my hand and started leading us out of the building.

“Bye, Liliann.” we both sad at the same time.

“Bye guys.” She shouted.

“I didn’t know you a Lillian talk.”

“We don’t.”

“Oh.”

“Why, you don’t want me to talk to her?”

“Honestly, No.” Danni looked at me with a surprised face.

“Why? You guys aren’t friends no more or what?” I stayed quiet for a couple of minutes while we were walking down the stairs.

“Did she say something bad about me or something? What happened Nevaeh? Tell me!” We were standing by the side of the 100 building.

“I don’t trust her anymore! Did you see the way she was looking at you? She hasn’t gotten over you.”

“She wasn’t looking at me, and even if she did so?”

“What do you mean so?!” Danni stayed quiet and was looking down.

“Yea, that’s right.”

“Wait, what do you mean she hasn’t gotten over me?”

“You know how I’ve liked you since freshman year?” Danni nodded.

“Well, she liked you too. Once we got together, she was mad at me for a while.”

“Why?” He seemed confused.

“Because she liked you too idiot! She was pissed. I guess she still likes you still.”

“That doesn’t matter though because I like you, I love you. Nothing is going to come in between our relationship.” The late bell rung.

“Just promise me you won’t talk to her.”

“Okay” Danni put his arms around me and hugged me tight.

“We’re already late so you don’t have to walk me to class you can go to class if you want.” Danni’s chin was resting on my head and his hands were rubbing my back.

“No, I’ll walk you half way.”

“Okay, let’s go then.” Danni let go and we started walking to the 700 building.

Danni grabbed my hand and kissed it. The whole walk there was quiet. No one was wandering around campus. It was just me and Danni. Once we got to the 600 building Danni had to walk back.

“Babe, I’m gonna go to class now, I don’t want to get in trouble.”    

“Okay, I’ll see you at lunch.” Danni kissed me on the cheek, hugged me and started to walk away. I started walking to the 700 building and it was really quiet but I can hear a little bell ringing. I turned around but I didn’t see anything. I turned back around and it started ringing again. I didn’t know what it was so I didn’t even bother to turn around again.

“Pst.” I heard someone whisper. My heart started beating faster and faster. I was scared to turn around so I quickly started walking. For a second I just thought it was John, the guy who watches people who aren’t in class and takes them to the office. He’s usually in a golf cart though so right off the bat I knew it wasn’t him. I started hearing footsteps getting closer and closer to me. I was terrified.

“Hey!” someone shouted and I froze. I wanted to turn around but at the same time I was afraid. As my head was turning someone grabbed me, they put his hands over my mouth so I couldn’t scream. I couldn’t run away, he had been holding me. He took me into the girls locker rooms. The walls looked black since the lights weren’t turned on. There was only one light turned on and it was a spotlight on a chair. No one was in there. He closed the door and took his hand off my mouth and put them over my eyes.

“Let me go.” I shouted, but no one would hear me. He finally let me go after he has sat me on a cold metal chair. I opened my eyes, the guy was standing right infront of me, I didn’t know who he was. He was a tall buff tan guy. His greasy hair was dark brown , his eyes were light green. He was wearing a red and blue button up shirt, his sleeves were folded up and his jeans were black. He smiled at me. His creepy smile disgusted me.

“Hi sweety.” he got close and handcuffed me to the chair. I kept looking at him and he was looking back at me. He took his phone out and started calling someone.

“I have her, what do you want me to do to her.”

“Nothing, let me deal with her.” This person's voice sounded familiar. It wasn’t a guy voice, it was a girl voice. He hung up and looked up at me.

“Okay, you’re not going to like this but..” he paused. He pulled a handkerchief from his back pocket, he started walking towards one of the lockers. He opened it and pulled out some bottle with something in it. I didn’t know what it was but I started getting scared. He poured the liquid on the handkerchief.

“Help! Someone help me!” I cried out.

“No one can hear you, stop trying. You’re not going to escape hun.” He made an ugly smirk at me.

“You disgust me. I don’t even know you. Who sent you?” I shouted as tears run down my face.

“Someone you would never imagine.” He started walking towards me.

“I’m going to need you to shut up now, okay?”

“STOP! HELP ME!” He grabbed my head

“Why are you crying, you’ll be fine you’re just going to go to sleep.” He laughed viciously. His hand was close to my mouth so I bit him. He shouted in pain.

“You probably shouldn’t have done that.” He yelled out. He put the handkerchief on my mouth and nose. As soon as I know it, I was unconscious.

I woke up dizzy and my neck was stiff. My vision was blurry. After a minute it focused. I was in a dark room and I could hardly see anything. The windows were shut closed with wood. There was nothing in this room, just a chair and a busted old lamp.

“Help! Someone help me!” I shouted. I heard voices and footsteps and coming closer. I looked around for something so I can hit the people who were coming and try to escape. I cut off the cord of the lamp and layed down on the ground and acted like I was still unconscious. Someone opened the door and two guys came in.

“I didn’t know her though, she was pretty chill. I gotta admit.” One guy said to another.

“Whatever man, check if the child is awake, she's been knocked out for a while. I don’t even think shes alive bro!” The guy laughed and lit a cigar. One of the guys got close to me but I couldn’t see who it was since my eyes were closed. The guy tapped me on the shoulder and waited to see if i would move or something, but I just stood still on the ground.

“I can’t tell if she’s awake or not.”

“How the hell can’t you tell?” One of the guys yelled.

“It’s too god damn dark in here. Open the curtain or something man.” The guy who was smoking the cigar sounded like the guy who locked me in the girls locker rooms so I guessed it was him.

“The lamp doesn’t have a switch on button.”

“It should have the cord hanging down and just pull it and it will turn on.”

“There’s no cord.”

“What do you mean there’s not coard it was there last night.” I opened my eyes and the guy who was the closest to me had his back facing me. I gently got up and jumped on his back. He started yelling before I even put the cord around his neck. I was choking him with the cord. He couldn’t talk. The other guy by the lamp stood there and took out his gun.

“Let him go and I won't shoot you.” He pulled the trigger and shouted “It’s too late.” I quickly made the guy my shield and he shoots him. He shot him right on his chest.

“Look at what you made me do!” He screamed.

The guy I used as my shield fell down. I ran out of the room the guy chased after me. I tried finding my way out. It was a old building that had a lot of rooms. I ran through the halls and saw some stairs. I ran up a flight of stairs. I didn’t know where it would lead me but I ran up them anyway. I got up to the top and saw an elevator. I got in it, the guy was still running after me. The guy was on the same floor as me but the elevator doors closed just in time so he wouldn’t get in.

I looked at the elevator buttons. It had six floors and I was on the fourth floor. I pushed the button that said had a L on it. I figured It would take me to the lobby and I can run out of here. I was hoping no one would be there so I don’t get caught. My heart was beating fast, I was out of breath from running and my hands were shaking. I was worried what I would do if I actually made it out.

I arrived to the lobby. I slid my head out to see if anyone was there. No sign of anyone. The exit door was in front of the front desk. I made a run for it. I ran passed the front desk and out the door.

When I got out I had noticed that I was in downtown. It was around noon since the sun was going down. I was speed walking down the street.

I still had the same clothes as I did on the first day of school. I was wearing black jeans, a blue and white baggy crop top with my sleeves rolled up and white vans. My jeans are now dirty from laying on the dirty ground. My white shoes are no longer white, they have dirt marks on them. I had a hair tie on my wrist so I tied my hair up so It wouldn’t look as crazy. I didn’t have my bag with me and I had my money in their and my phone so there was no way I could contact anyone or get a taxi to take me home.

The first thing that came to mind was dig trash cans for coins. It’s either that or ask a random person for a dollar or lose change. I wandered the streets. It was cold, and already dark out. I was freezing. I got to the center plaza. I stood outside hoping to see a friend or somebody I knew. Luckily the plaza had a huge clock to the side of it so I could tell the time. It was 7:43.

A group of teenagers came out of the plaza. I stared at them to see if I Knew any of them. Nope, no one. I sighed and sat on the cold bench. I was frustrated and tired. I looked up at the sky and started looking at the stars. People were coming out of the mall but I didn’t bother to look. I had given up.

“Nevaeh?”

I turned to see who it was. It was Danni.

"Danni!" I screamed and ran up to him and hugged him.

"Omg where have you been? Are you okay? Are you hurt? Do you need me to call an ambulance?" He was worried.

"No, no, I'm fine. I escaped and scared he's coming after me. Can you please take me home." I said as Danni hugged me tight. I was happy to see him. Danni looked at me and kissed me on my forehead.

“Yea. Let’s get you home.” Danni grabbed me by the hand and we started walking to his car. I was scared the guy that kidnapped me would still be following and catch me with Daniel and kidnap us both. I kept turning back to see if they were around.

“Hey, you have me don’t worry. I’ll get you home safe and sound.” Danni’s words made me feel a little better. Just knowing his presence was right next to me made me feel even way better. We walked to his car and got in. It was in front of the mall.

“Do you have your phone with you?” Danni asked as he was putting his seatbelt on.

“I was kidnapped, and pretty sure the people take away your phone so you don’t call the police or anyone. Come on Danni, let’s be a little realistic.

“Well maybe you could’ve gotten it back before you escaped.”

“If I did, I would’ve used it to call someone to come pick me up. I would’ve never been sitting on that bench alone.”

“Well sorry, I didn’t know. Do you want to call your parent’s on my phone to tell them you’re fine?” Danni handed his phone to me. I started looking through his contacts to find my mom. I found my mom and called her.

“Hey Danni.” She sounded sick.

“Mom?”

“Nevaeh? Honey are you okay?”

“Yes mom, I’m coming home. Danni is taking me right now.”

“Okay, Danni bring her home please!” She shouted through the phone.

I hung up and Danni started driving onto the street. There was traffic so I figured why not take a nap. I closed my eyes and I slowly started falling asleep.

I woke up and I was lying on my bed, Danni was right next to me looking at my photo album filled with baby pictures and pictures of when I first met Danni. My mom was sleeping on the couch in my room. I looked at Danni and smiled.

“What are you doing you weirdo?” Danni looked at me and smiled.

“Just looking at old pictures of us in your photo album.” He kept looking at me while i stretched and tried to wake up a little.

“Did you sleep well? You slept for 15 hours kid.” He whispered

“15 hours? Seriously?” I whispered back. Danni closed the photo album and put it away.

“Wanna come make breakfast with me?” I asked Danni.

“Yea, sure.” He smiled and went to the kitchen while I went to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and went to the kitchen. Danni was getting the ingredients to make pancakes out.

“Pancakes?” Danni asked. 

“Yea, that’s fine.” Danni started pouring the pancake mix into a bowl and I took out the cooking pan out.

“Did you spend the night here with me?” I asked Danni.

“No, I went home after I dropped you off. Then I can here at 9 thinking you would be awake but your lazy ass was still sleeping.”

I smiled at Danni while I was just sitting on the kitchen table and he was mostly doing all the work.

“So what did happen that day?”

“I was walking to my class and out of no where some guy came and pulled me into the girls locker rooms. I tried screaming for help and he put me to sleep. Today I woke up in this old abandon hospital and two guys came in and one of them tried putting some kind of drug in me but I choked him with a lamp thing and the other guy tried shooting me but I put the guy that I was choking in front of me and so he shot him and he died. I ran and the guy ran after me and then I went to the plaza hoping I would see someone I knew that can give me a ride and that’s when you came. The sad part about this is that I don’t know if they rapped me, or did something to me.” I sighed with tears running down my cheeks.

“Wow, and no one heard you scream in the girls locker rooms?”

“No. No one heard.” I bursted into tears. Danni came close to comfort me.

“Do you want to go the the police station and file a report?”

“I don’t know. I want to but I don’t.”

“What do you mean?” Danni asked. 

“Someone was behind all of this. When he took me to the girls locker rooms he called a person and it was a girl. Her voice sounded familiar but i can’t quite figure out who it is.”

My mom came into the kitchen and sat next to me.

“Nanni, you’re gonna have to tell the police what happened. When you were missing your father and I filed a missing child report and we called the detective last night that you were home and he wants to come talk to you today.”

I looked at my mom then looked down at the ground. I started to cry even more.

“I know it’s hard, but you have to do it. Don’t worry we’ll get through this.” Said my mom.

“Shouldn’t you be in school?” My mom asked Danni.

“Yea but, I just wanted to take the day off to take care of Nevaeh.” My mom smiled at him.

“Thank you so much for everything” She whispered.

“Mom I just want to lie down and watch tv right now.” I got up and walked to my room.

“Danni you can come with me or you can stay here, I don't know I just want to sleep." I waited for him to answer me while i was still standing by the doorway.

"I want pancakes though."

"Go with her, I'll make you the pancakes and bring them to you when they're done." My mom told Danni.

"Do you want some Nanni?" My mother asked me.

"No, I'm fine." I replied

I started walking down the hall into my room. I jumped on my bed and just layed there.

"Scoot over." Danni poked my leg. I scooted over and Danni laid right next to me. It was quiet for a couple of minutes. My mom came into my room with Danni's pancakes.

"Thank you so much." Danni grabbed the pancakes and sat on the bean bag.

"No problem kiddo. Nanni you sure you don't want some, or do you want something else?"

"No, I'm fine mom. When I'm hungry I'll make myself something." I mumbled.

"Okay suit yourself." My mom sat on the couch where I was facing.

"I know this is hard for you. It's hard for all of us. I love you little one. Everything is going to be alright." She kissed me on my forehead and walked out of my room and closed the door behind her.

"Babe?" Danni mumbled while he was eating his pancakes.

"Yea?" I responded

"You should really try these pancakes. They're so good! Your mom makes some of the best pancakes ever!"

"Shut up, you fatass" I threw the pillow at him.

"Hey! Don't you dare mess with me and my pancakes."

"Come sit next to me! Why are you so far away?" I made a pouty face to him. He smiled and sat right next to me.

"I love you mucho." He said and kissed me on my cheek.

"I love you, my love." I said. He continued to eat and I lied down. I was still sleepy after the 15 hours I had slept. I closed my eyes and tried to get some rest.

I woke up in the girls locker rooms. I tied down to the chair and my mouth had duct tape over it. There was a guy standing in front of me. His back was facing me so I couldn’t see his face. He was wearing the same outfit that the other person was when he kidnapped me. He turned around and he smiled at me. It was Danni. He had a knife in his left hand and a gun on the other hand. He put them down and took the duct tape off my mouth.

“Danni! Why are you doing this. Let me go.” I shouted as some tears ran down my cheeks. He grabbed the knife and gun.

“Witch one will it be?” He asked.

“None, can you please just let me go. You love me, you don't want to do this.”

“Shhhh! It’s not up to me princess, It hurts me doing this but she says I have to do it.”

“Who?”

Danni stayed quiet.

“Who god damnit?!”

“Lillian.”

“Danni please just let me go, I don’t want you to do this please. Let me go.”

Danni got close and wiped away the tears on my face.

“It’s already been done.” He put the gun against my stomach, pulled the trigger and shot me. I screamed in pain.

“Shh! Everything is going to be fine. I’m sorry” He said and slowly a tear fell down his cheek.

I screamed and woke up sweaty from the nightmare. Danni was right next to me and looked at me strange.

“You kidnapped me.”

“Huh?” Danni looked confused.

“I dreamt that you kidnapped me and shot me on my stomach.” My nose was runny, and it was hurting for some reason.

“Oh s***!” Danni got up and got some kelexis for me.

“Nanni, your nose is bleeding.”

“What?” I was confused. I gently touched my nose and looked at my fingers. They had blood on them. Danni handed me a kleenex and I whipped the blood away. 

“Why am I bleeding?” I asked.

“When you were sleeping you hit your head against the drawer and I asked if you were okay and you said you were and you went back to sleep. You weren’t bleeding through, your nose was fine.”

“Is it bruised?” I asked

“Yea ew, let me go call your mom.” I put a kleenex up my nose and my mom walked into my room.

“Oh god. What did you do?”

“I don’t even know, but my nose hurts so bad. I don’t want to go to the hospital though.” I complained. My mom laid me down.

“Can you go into the freezer and get me an ice pack please?” She asked Danni. He walked out of the room and went into the kitchen.

“What happened Nanni?”

“I don’t know. Danni said I banged my head against the drawer but how knows maybe he hit me with something.”

“Your funny.” He said as he walked into my room with an ice pack.

“Nanni, this is no time to joke around. Thanks Danni.” My mom put the ice pack on my nose.

“Ow ow ow! Mom!” I shouted. “That hurts you know?”

“Sucks.” She mumbled. 

“You’re not being very supportive you know?” I shouted.

“It’s not my fault hunny bunny.” At this point I was beyond annoyed of my mother and in pain.

“Put a tampon up your nose.” Danni said. Me and my mom both look at Danni with a strange face.

“Shut up Daniel! This s*** is serious.” I said and threw a pillow at him.

“You have a wired boyfriend.” My mom exclaimed.

“Tell me about it.” I said.

“Hey, you gotta admit I’m pretty hot though.”

“Daniel, stop please.” I shouted at him.

“I’m taking you to the hospital, I think your nose is broken.” My mom explained while she examined my nose. I got up and put on my slippers. Danni put on his shoes and my mom went to go get dressed.

“Want me to drive?” I asked my mom

“No, Danni can you drive?” Asked my mom.

“Sure” I grabbed the car keys and gave them to Danni.

“Just don’t try to kill us. You drive horrible.” I told Danni. We walked out of the house and got into the car.

“What’s up with my mom, honk the horn will ya?” I asked Danni. *honk honk*

“Hold your horses” My mom yelled as she was locking the house door. 

“Women you take for ever!”

“Shut up before I make you face uglier with a black eye.”

“Mom, Danni is here. How about you show him the nice side of you.”

My mom rolled her eyes at me and Danni started driving to the hospital. It was quiet on the car ride there since Danni was driving he wasn’t talking. My mom was texting her friend and me, well I was in pain. I’m usually the annoying person who can’t stop talking but not today. I still had the ice pack on my nose but the more I put it on,, the more it hurts.

“Mom! It hurts really bad.” I started to cry. My mom looked at me and I can tell by the look on her face that she felt bad for me.

“We’re here Nanni, calm down.”

“Do I park on the visitor's parking lot or the emergency parking in the front.” Asked Danni.

“Are you visiting someone? No! Park on the emergency on the front!” I yelled at Danni. He just looked at me and I can tell he got mad.

“Nanni, don’t yell at him.” Danni parked and I got out of the car. I rushed into the emergency room and right away a nurse came up to me.

“Wow! Hunny what happened to your nose?” She asked

“I banged it onto my drawer. Is it broken?” I responded.

“Oh it’s broken alright. Come on, I’ll take you to a room and have a doctor come take a look at it.” She motioned me her way and I followed her. We passed by some rooms and I was looking inside them. We passed by a room and there was a guy who looked familiar. I looked and waited to see if the guy would look at me. He was watching tv and was pretty into it. He finally turned my way. I looked at him and I remembered who he was.

He was the guy who kidnapped me. My heart started pounding faster and faster. Danni was right behind me. He looked into the room then looked at me. He pushed me a little as a sign to keep walking. I kept walking and remembered of everything that had happened.

“You okay?” Danni asked.

“No.”

Danni hugged me and I began to cry. My nose hit his chest and I began to cry even more because now I was in pain.

“Ow!”

Danni whipped away the tears from my cheeks.

“Hey, what’s wrong? I know you’re just not crying because of your cute nasty looking nose.”

“The-the,” I stuttered

“They guy in that room was the guy that kidnapped me.”

Danni looking into my eyes and I looked at his.

“You sure?”

“Yes!”

“Positive?”

“Fucking s*** Danni, Yes!” I shouted.

He turned around and began to walk to the room. He was pacing over to the room.

“Danni! Stop, don’t!” I shouted.

He looked at me and by the look on his face you can tell he was furious. He was so mad, his face was turning red. His hand where in a fist like he was ready to punch someone.

“Let’s just go follow the nurse and tell my mom to call the detective and he can handle it from there.” I grabbed his hand and lead him my way. I was scared to be in the same hospital as the guy who kidnapped me, but there was security all around the buildings. We arrived to my room and the nurse was sitting there doing some paper work.

She looked at me and asked me to sit on the patient bed. I sat on the bed and Danni waited outside.

“Did you come alone? Where are your parents?” She asked.

“My mom was here, but I don’t know where she went.” I paused

“Danni, can you go look for my mom?” I asked him. He walked out into the hall and started looking for my mom.

“The doctor will be here soon, just hang tight.” Said the nurse as she walked out of the room. As soon as the nurse left Danni walked in with my mom.

“Mom, he’s here.” I started crying.

“I know, Danni told me. Let me call the detective okay?” My mom went outside the hall to call him and Danni stayed with me. 

He hugged me and told me that everything was going to be fine. A few minutes later the doctor came in.

“Hey, your nose is a little broken there. How did this happen?”

“Bangged it against my drawer.” He started examining my nose. It was kind of uncomfortable.

“Okay, I’m going to touch it and tell me where it hurts.” He lightly touched my nose bone and it hurt like a b****.

“Ow!” I yelled.

“Where are your parents?”

“She’s outside talking on the phone.”

“Okay, Well I’m going to take x-rays and see if we have to do surgery or just leave it as it is.” He replied and I nodded.

“I’ll be back in a couple of minutes to take you to get your x-rays done. For now hang tight and the nurse will get you a ice pack.” He said as he walked out of the room as soon as he left my mom walked into the room.

“So, I called the detective. He said to not approach him and that he’s on his way over. He wants to hear your side of the story first.”

“I guess, the doctor wants to take x-rays of my nose and if its really bad he wants to do surgery.”

“I doubt it’s bad Nanni. When are you getting the x-rays?”

“He said he was coming back for me in a couple minutes.” My mom nodded and sat on the chair next to the door. I yawed.

“Don’t tell me you’re still tired?” Danni commented.

“Yes, I am. I don’t know why I’m so tired.” I replied.
“Lazy ass, lay down and take a nap. I’ll wake you up when the doctor comes.” I laid down and closed my eyes and took a nap.

I was in surgery, dizzy from the anesthesia. I was slowly opening my eyes and I seen five doctors surrounding me. I could hear music in the background.

“Shh,” one of the doctors said quietly.

The room was slowly turning black but suddenly I heard Danni’s and Lilliann's voice. I seen Liliann was sitting right in front of me with Danni. Liliann had her hand on his knee and whispering to him. I couldn’t hear what she was saying. I could only hear Danni say was “No,” and “I don’t want to do that to her.”

“I think it’s best if you leave Liliann.” Danni told her.

“I’ll call you later tonight” She gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Danni didn’t hug her back nor kiss her back. She giggled evilly while she walked out of the room into the hallway. Danni sighed and sat down on the chair. My mom walked in and sat next to him.

“She hasn’t came out of surgery?” She asked him.

“Surgery?” I asked myself.

“No,” he frowned. My mom sighed and patted Danni on the back.

“Danni?” I said out loud. He didn’t hear me or turned my way, neither did my mom.

“Mom!” I yelled, and once again they didn’t hear me. It seemed as if I was inadvisable, like I was just a ghost. The doctor came into the room. and along him two nurses came in with me on a hospital bed.

“How is she doctor?” My mom asked him.

“She’s okay, she’s still asleep right now but she’ll wake up in a couple of minutes.”

“Thank you.” Said Danni. The doctor shook Danni’s and my mom’s hand and walked out. The nurses placed me in the middle of the room. Danni came up to me got the hair out of my face and kissed my forehead.

“She’s got a big ass forehead.” My mom commented. Danni laughed and kept admiring my “huge forehead." I was still confused. I was alive but I'm not awake.

"Was Liliann here? I seen her walking out when I was coming here." My mom asked Danni.

"Uh yea, she came to see Nanni but she was still in surgery obviously so she left." He replied. My mom nodded and sat down. She yawned.

“Are you tired? You can take a nap I’ll take care of her if you want.” Danni told my mom.

“I think I’m just going to go home and take a shower then come back. My husband is coming in a little bit so.” She paused.

“Okay, I’ll stay here.”

“Thank you Danni, for everything, you’re such a good boyfriend.” Danni smiled and my mom left. A couple minutes later Lilliann came in.

“What do you want now?” Danni asked.

“You know what I want, and look shes back already.” She smirked.

“No Lilliann, it’s better if you leave.”

“Kicking me out already? I just got here.” She pounded.

“Stop, can you just go? I don’t want her to see you when she wakes up.”

She laughed. “We’ll I’m her ‘best friend’, I’m pretty sure she wants to see me.” she remarked.

“Yea, I don’t know about that.”

“If I leave you know exactly what I want you to do, and I’m expecting you to do it. Don’t play games with me Daniel. We both know who will end up winning. You know what will happen if you don’t do it my love, but if you don’t want to do it I gue--”

Danni interrupted her.

“Fine, give it to me.”

“You better hush up and not say anything about the incident that happened.”

“I can’t make promises.”

“Danni!” She shouted, then paused and looked around the room. “Don’t make me do what I don’t want to do. I will do it myself and not send anyone to do it, and baby it will break my heart.”

“Shut up and go, her dad is on her way.” Danni rolled his eyes. Lilliann then laughed. She got close to me and just stared at me.

“Aww, I remember when we first met. I used to love her. Now I have so much hate for her.” She looked at Danni and sat on the chair in front of him.

“Why do you hate her so much? She never did anything to you.” Danni asked her.

"I can't tell you."

"Why?"

"I have no reason, I'm just jealous!" She shouted.

"Are you serious?! You want me to kill my girlfriend just because you're jealous of her."

"Stop being so loud someone is going to hear us!" She whispered.

“You know what? I’m not going to do it. You should go now.” Danni said. 

“Fine! but you know what’s going to happen to you, and her.” She pointed at me as she walked out and left. Danni sighed and sat down next to me on the bed. He started to cry.

I woke up, in my hospital room with Danni sitting right next to me. He was holding my hand and had in head leaning on my thigh.

“What am I going to do?” He asked himself.

“I’m so sorry babe.” He sobbed and in that moment Lilliann came back and stabbed me with a knife on my chest. I could see her on top of me.

“Stop! What are you doing?” Danni shouted.

“I should’ve done this a long time ago! I’m glad you’re dead now, I’m glad I sent those guys to rape you! I hate you so much! You’re dead now! You’re dead dumb b****!” She shouted in front of my face.

Danni and a security slowly got her off me. Everything was going by slow, the doctor was coming in the room. The clock stopped and so did everything else. No one was moving, only me. I looked at Danni who was standing next to me but not moving at all. The doctor was bringing a gurney in but not one muscle of him was moving. My vision was getting blurry, I could see on the rooftop of the room and suddenly everything went black.

I woke up and my dad and mom were sitting on the chairs.

“Mom” I whispered. They both looked up and came up to me.

“Hey kiddo.” Said my father as he moved the hair out of my face.

“Where am I?” I asked confusingly.

“Hospital,” replied my mom

“What happened?” I asked.

“You had just came back from surgery and Lilliann walks in here like a crazy psycho b**** and stabs you on your chest.”

“What? Why would she do that?” I started to cry.

“I don’t know Nanni, but she sent the guys to kidnap you and rap you.”

“I was raped?”

“She’s in juvenile hall now and the guys are in jail right now.” Commented my dad.

“Where’s Danni?” I asked.

“Sleeping on the couch over there.” she said as she pointed over his way.

“How long ago did this happen?”

“Two days ago. You went into surgery for one day and you’ve been asleep the whole day yesterday.” I looked at Danni while he was sleeping and he looked so cute and innocent. I smiled at him. I tried falling back to sleep but I couldn’t. My mom and dad went to get food at the cafeteria. I turned on the tv and accidentally woke up Danni. He yawned, stretched then sat next to me on the bed. He smiled and I smiled back.

“How are you?” He asked.

“Tired.” I replied

“You’re alive though, I’m glad.” He kissed me on my cheek.

“You know, um I have to tell you something.” He sounded worried. He grabbed my hand and I looked at him and waited for him to start talking.

“Lilliann wanted me to put some kind of poison on your drink or food or something you would eat so you can die. I told her I didn’t want to do it so she ran off mad and before I knew it, she came back and stabbed you.” He paused.

“I tried getting her off of you but I couldn’t. Then security came since he heard screams and we both got her off. The doctors came in and did everything they could to help you survive.”

“That’s enough Danni, it wasn’t your fault. I don’t blame you.”

“I’m sorry, I just feel like it’s my fault. I just don’t want you to blame me.”

“I don’t though. I love you Danni.”

“I love you too.” He kissed me on my forehead and told me to get some rest. I closed my eyes and took a nap.

I woke up an hour later. The doctor was by the door talking to my parents and Danni wasn’t here anymore. I laid there thinking just until my parents came back. I couldn’t hear what they were talking about but I figured it would be some good news.

“Nanni, you get to go home tonight. You’re just going to have to be in recovery for a couple of days.”

“Okay, where’s Danni?” I asked.

“His mom came to visit you but you were asleep so she left. He has been here for the past two days with you so I told him to go home and get cleaned up then he can come back.”

“Oh.”

“I’ll call him and tell him to meet you at home if he still wants to see you tonight.”

“Can I do it?”

“Sure,” she replied and handed me her phone. Her and my dad walked outside to sign some papers with the doctor. I dialed Danni’s number and called him.

“What’s up Mrs. Marquez?” He answered.

“It’s me”

“Oh, hey babe what’s up?”

“The doctors just told me I get to go home tonight.”

“That’s great!” He said.

“Yea, what are you doing?” I asked

“Making food for the annoying brat.”

“Tell him I said hi!”

“Hey brat, Nevaeh says hi.”

“Can I talk to her?” He asked Danni.

“Hi Nevaeh.” He said

“Hey kiddo, how are you?”

“Good, since Danni hasn’t really been here he can’t abuse me.”

“Aww” I laughed.

“I miss you when can you come visit me?” He asked

“I miss you too, maybe I can come over soon.”

“Okay, well I have to go now, my food is ready. it’s probably going to be nasty since Danni made it. Bye Nevaeh I hope you get better soon.”

“Thank you, bye kiddo.”

“Babe, I’ll go over when my mom comes back from the store.”

“Okay, text my mom when you’re on your way.” I said.

“Alright, bye baby.”

“Bye!” I said and hung up the phone. My mom walked into the room and started packing up the stuff that I had.

“Danni said he’s coming over once his mom is get’s back from the store. He’s going to text you when he’s on his way over.”

“Oh that reminds me, you need a new phone don’t you?” She asked.

I nodded. “Yes, indeed I do.”

“Ask your dad, i’m not paying.” We both bursted out laughing.”

“Did you bring me new clothes?” I asked.

“Yea.” She said as she looked around.

“S*** I think I left them in the car, let me go get them.”

“No, it’s fine I’ll just wear the clothes I came with.”

“I took those home to washed them, That’s why I brought you new clothes. I’ll be right back your dad is outside okay?” I nodded. My dad came in five minutes later.

“So that was Lilliann’s lawyer and we have to go to court.”

“What why?” I asked.

“For this whole thing that just happened.”

“F***.”

“We have to go in two days.”

I was in my room waiting for Danni to get here so we can go. I was nervous and didn’t know what to do. I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed. Danni came into my room and asked if I was ready.

“Yup, was just wait for your ass.” I laughed.

“You nervous?”

“Yea, how could I not be.”

“Relax, I’m pretty sure they’ll got to jail and rot there.” He said.

“I hope so.” We walked into the living room and sat on the couch to wait for my parents.

“Mom! Dad! Are you guys ready? Let’s go!” I shouted.

“We’ll be down in a minute, start the car!” She shouted back. I grabbed the keys from the counter table and walked out to the car with Danni. He sat in the back and I started the car.

“You look beautiful by the way.” He commented.

I smiled at him. “Thank you very much.” My parents walked out of the house so I went to go sit in the back.

“Ready guys?”

“Ready teddy!” Danni said. We drove out of the parkway and started heading to the courthouse. The whole car ride was quiet. We arrived and parked in the front. We were getting out of the car and I saw Lilliann’s parents walking towards the courthouse.

“It’s going to be awkward being in the same room as Lilliann’s parents.” I said out loud.

“Thier daughter is one crazy psycho b****.” My mom commented. Danni laughed and so did my dad. We started walking towards the courthouse. I grabbed Danni’s hand and walked with him behind my parents.

“Hey, you okay?” He asked.

“Yea, just scared of seeing them.” I sighed.

He put his arm around me and kissed me on my forehead. We got into the courthouse and went inside the courtroom. I could see the back of Lilliann’s and the guys who rapped me.

I stopped and went back out into the hallway and brought Danni with me.

“What happened.” He asked

“I just can’t. I don’t want to be in the same room as them and I don’t want to see them.” I started to panick and a tear rolled down my cheek. Danni hugged me and told me that everything was going to be fine.

“Now, we’re going to go in there and be brave and not pay attention to them okay? You can get through this.”

He whipped away the tears on my face and grabbed my hands and we started walking into the room. I could feel people staring at me like as if I’m the guilty one. I looked down and followed Danni’s footsteps. We got to the front and sat on out stand. Everyone was here except the judge. Danni was sitting next to me so he was blocking Lilliann and the guys. My parents were sitting behind me. I put my head on Danni’s shoulder and held his hand. A security came in and said

“Please rise.” Everyone stood up and I could see Lilliann looking at me in the corner of my eye. I sighed. The judge came in and sat on his chair.

“Please sit.” Shouted the security.

The judge started talking but I didn’t bother to pay attention. I held Danni’s hand tight. He looked at me then looked back up to the judge. The judge asked Lillian to go up and say her side of the story. I listen carefully.

“Nevaeh is my best friend, I would never try to hurt her. I’ve known her for so many years and I love her to death.” She paused. Bullshit I said to myself. Everything she said up to this point made me chuckle.

“When I went to the hospital to go visit her she was asleep, she was still on anesthesia. I stayed talking for a little bit with Daniel her boyfriend.” She continued.

“After a couple of minutes I left to my car and got in. I was sitting there thinking about Nevaeh and how jealous I am of her. Right there I was thinking the most ridiculous things ever. I wanted to kill her and make her suffer even more, and so I grabbed my pocket knife, went back and did the most stupidest things I could ever do.” Lilliann started to cry.

“Do you admit to stabbing Nevaeh on the chest?” Asked the judge.

“Yes, because I f*ing hate her.” Lilliann looked directly at me. The judge bangged the gavel.

“Did you send Tyler, and Jackson O’Neill to kidnap and rap Nevaeh?” The judge asked Lilliann.

“Yes I did.” She replied.

“Thank you Lilliann, please go back to your stand.” The judge told her.

“Daniel Medina, come up and say your side of the story.” Danni sighed and let go of my hand and walked up to the stand.

“Were you there when Lilliann stabbed Nevaeh on the chest?” The judge asked.

“Yes your honor.” He replied.

“Can you tell us what happened?”

“Well, I was at the hospital waiting for Nevaeh to get back from surgery and Lillian comes storming into the room and tells me to do something for her. She asks me to put some kind of venom on Nevaeh’s food or drink and I told her I didn’t want to do it. Then she get’s mad and leaves. A couple of minutes later Nevaeh get’s back from surgery but she’s still sleeping for the anesthesia. Lilliann comes back and asked me to do it again but I kept telling her I didn’t want to do it. Then she left mad.” Danni paused.

“Before I knew it she comes back and stabs Nevaeh on her chest. She started yelling at her and telling her how much she hates her. The security guard came in and we both got her off of Nevaeh.”

“Thank you, please go back to your stand.” The Judge told Danni. He came back and sat down next to me.

“I’ve made my decision.” He paused “It comes to my attention that Lilliann Rosendorff is responsible for the kidnapping and rapping of Nevaeh Marquez. Not only that but the stabbing also. Liliann Rosendorff will be in Juvenile Hall until 18 then passed to the County Jail of Roseville for 12 months. Tyler and Jackson O’Neill will go to the County Jail of Roseville for 18 years. That’s all.”

“Please rise.” Shouted the security guard as the judge left. I turned to look at Danni.

“Told you, you can get through this.” He said as she hugged me tight.

“Thank you.” I said. I turned to look at my parents and they both hugged me. I looked at Lillian, Tyler and Jackson they where getting handcuffed by Police. Lilliann stared at me, then the police took her away. Her parents came up to us.

“I’m truly sorry for everything Lilliann’s done to you. I hope you can maybe forgive her in a couple of years.” Said her mom.

I smiled and they turned around and left.

“I don’t think so.” I whispered to Danni.

“Thier out of there minds if they think you’ll forgive Lillian.” Danni whispered back.

“Come on guys let’s go home.” My mom said.

A year has passed and everything has been good so far. It’s summer so I’m out of school and working most of the time. I work at the Plaza in a clothing store called Abercrombie and Fitch. I woke up, took a shower and got ready for work. My mom walked into my room as I was doing my makeup

“Hey, I’ll be home around 6 today.”

“Okay, I think I'll’ be home around 7 today. Depends on traffic.”

“Alright, I have to go now or I’ll be late but I left you some breakfast on the table.” She said as she came up to me and gave me a hug and kiss on the cheek.

“Okay thank you mom.” I replied. She walked out of my room and I hurried to the kitchen to eat my food.

“Why are you running for?” My dad screamed.

“Ahh!” I screamed. “What the hell you scared me!” He laughed.

“So your mother leaves you food but not me, rude.”

“She loves me more daddy.” I said as I ate my waffle. 

“What ever loser, I’m going to take a shower then head to work. Your mom took the Mercedes and I’m taking the truck so you can take the Range Rover today.”

“Omg yes! I love that car.”

“What time are you going to be home?” He asked.

“Around 7, depends on traffic.” I replied.

“Okay, see ya later dork.”

“Bye father.” I shouted. I finished my food and got ready. It took me about 30 min to do my make up then I realized that if I didn’t hurry up then I’d be late so I rushed and got ready.

“Father!” I shouted.

“What? I’m in the shower.” He shouted back.

“I’m leaving, bye love you.”

“Drive safe please, love you.”

I rushed to the car and started heading downtown to the plaza. I was lucky there wasn’t any traffic. Once I got to the plaza and got to the store I wasn’t late so I was relieved.

“Almost late there Nevaeh.” My manager Rick told me.

“Won’t happen again.”

“Hey, where you driving a range rover this morning?” He asked me.

“Yea, why?” I replied.

“I saw you on the freeway.”

“Really?” I asked as I wa walking away.

“Yup, someone left a card and roses for you there on your locker.”

“Okay thanks.” I rolled my eyes as I walked into the locker room. I saw the roses and the note by my locker. I automatically thought they were from Danni. I looked at the note but it didn’t say anything. It only had a little sticker of a kiss. I texted Danni and asked him if he sent the flowers. He said he didn’t. I was surprised and kept wondering who sent them.

“Nevaeh your the cashier today.” Rick told me.

“Okay” I replied. I put my bag and the flowers in my locker and headed to the cashier desk. Renesmee, my co-worker was folding the clothes.

“Hey” she said.

“Hey, what’s up?” I asked.

“Nothing new, same old, same old. What about you?” She asked me.

“Same.”

People started coming in and already buying some clothes. Rick had told me to fix clothes and be the cashier at the same time. I was beyond annoyed of him. Suddenly a girl walked into the store while I was fixing the clothes in the front. She looked familiar. She started looking at the clothes and ended up getting some. Since Rick was being annoying I went to ring her up.

“Hi, I can ring you up over here.” She came over my way and handed me the clothes she was going to buy.

“Did you find everything okay?” I asked.

“Yes! The clothes here are so cute.” She was looking for her wallet in her purse then she looked up.

“Omg Nevaeh! It’s me Lilliann.”

To be continued..