My Beautiful Gift | Teen Ink

My Beautiful Gift

October 26, 2014
By BettyBarrera, Monterrey, Other
More by this author
BettyBarrera, Monterrey, Other
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you work, you work hard, if you start something, you finish it."


Author's note:

A small amount of time before I made this peice, my friend, Elena, actually told me, that her motehr told her, that we were kidnapped. After this, I was so interested in this topic, this part of my life, and I knew I had to know more about this. I got more infromation from my dad, and mom. This was a great adventure and opportunity to write about this.

 
Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace
 
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
 
Return
 
 
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
 
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift
 
 
English
 
 
alt
alt
 
 
Preferences

It was Friday afternoon, and I was in Elena’s house along with Miranda. Elena had an enormous, white house, and since they had just built her house a year ago, it was as clean as a diamond, shining back to me. It was a welcome, peaceful and confortable place as well. Adding on to that, Elena and Miranda are both one of my closest friends in which I count on. Elena is a tall girl, which has black sizzling hair, and black eyes that are darker than midnight. Elena is a kind, sharing, and sweet person. While in the other hand Miranda was a short little devil, with big brown eyes that match her brown hair. She always wanted the best for herself, and is attracted to adventure. The three of us decided to join to finish our homework, so we can have the rest of the weekend to relax and enjoy. I was specifically doing an English narrative…
“Elena, Miranda, can you please help me get ideas for an interesting narrative. These are the best options I have: when they hit me with a rock on the head, a big dog bite, or when I moved to Houston. What should I write?” I asked stressfully and annoyed.
“That’s not life changing at all. You should right something special,” Miranda added.
“Why don’t you write about the reason you moved to Houston?” Elena suggested surprisingly.
“The only reason why I moved to Houston is the fact that they were building my family a new house, and it wasn’t ready yet. That isn’t interesting.” I replied. ‘Maybe she didn’t sleep well today, what is she thinking?’ I asked myself thoughtfully. ‘They aren’t helping much, they were like sweaters in a 30 degree Celsius weather.’


“It should be your grandparents death, or even when a family member moved away.” Miranda requested again.
“Didn’t you move because they kidnapped you and your family?” Elena asked nervously. Then Elena instantly put her hand in her mouth, which was now opened. I panicked; my heart started beating as fast as the wings in a hummingbird. My mouth froze, so I couldn’t speak out everything inside of me. It felt as if a bomb was inside me, and it couldn’t explode. I was so confused, so tired, I didn’t even remembered where I was. 
“Wh-what are you talking about? I am so confused, I am not sure if it actually happened or not,” I lied unconfidently. But inside of me I knew exactly what happened, I knew it had been real. It was so real it felt like yesterday, so real I could see the chairs in which they made us sat in, so real I could see the bad guys face smearing at us. I can’t believe I forgot about this for so long, and left it behind like it was just a memory. The memory was like a dramatic bad dream in which you wouldn’t wake up. The fact that my family life’s where across the line, and suffered as if we where fish in the dessert, made me feel uncomfortable, and unpleasant. All that adrenaline came through my body, bottom to top.

“I am going to get a glass of water,” I blurted out, as normal as possible, without reviling how strange I actually felt.
“Okay,” They both affirmed, thinking of what they should do to prevent weird feelings amongst us, and making me feel as normal, as before. Even though I was really dizzy, strange visions of the incident came through my head, like cars in a highway. I went straight to Elena’s kitchen; it was as clean as the rest of her house, since it was brand new. It had different types of weird kitchen tools I didn’t know before, and a big transparent door, in which you could see her pool outside. As I was in Elena’s kitchen, I started to remember little by little, detail by detail.

(visions start) My dad, and my baby sitter were in the front seats, while my little brother and I were in the back seats. When I was little it was hard for me to see outside the window, since my dad was really strict of seat belts. He was so strict of seat belts that it actually felt as important as if it were rules to go to the moon. My other baby sitter’s daughter was marrying that exact day, and she had invited us all to her wedding. My small brother and I were too small to go to a wedding, so we came back after going to eat with our grandpa. My dad grabbed the gray controller from the pocket on his right side.
“Click, click, click.” The control said. The pale white, garage door opened slowly, slower than a baby on a race. My baby sitter, and my dad gasped deeply at the same time, like if they just saw a frightening ghost.
“What are they doing here? Who is it?” asked my dad to my baby sitter while my dad drove through the entry of the garage, and parked the hideous, green, and old car inside. It burned my eyes every time I saw this ugly car.
“Who knows…” responded my baby sitter. My brother, and me were really impatient like usual kids tend to be. We tried to take our seat belts off, so we can be able to reach and see, but we didn’t accomplish anything, and we tried to stand up on our seats to see. ‘What are they seeing that really frightened them?’ I asked myself. That’s when I finally asked my dad.
“What happened?” I asked curiously. Then he turned around with an exceptionable face.

“I will explain later,” my dad addressed. My dad, as one of the first person’s I met, was one of the most sweet and kind people I had ever known. He has a small amount of black/white old hair on top of his head, and small strips of hair near his lips and chin. He has a heart bigger than the whole earth, since he cares for other first, than himself. My family was like the motor of his life, and he couldn’t live without us.
“What should we do?” asked my dad. My dad didn’t receive an answer… that’s when my dad decided to open the door to his left, and madly directed at them like a bull running towards a red flag. I peeked at the window and I could visually see two uncommon men. They both had sad, and neutral clothes: black masks, and black clothes that will fully cover their face, and body, except it’s devilish eyes, full of sadness as well. One man had pale skin, but the other men had brownish-tan skin. They looked dangerous, and mean that I even started to get chills on my back. ‘How could they be mad for entering my house? Isn’t this a great accomplishment for them?’ I wondered. I could see my dad’s expressions while he talked to the two men, and I noticed he was interrogating them. He probably asked them something like “Who are you?” or “Why are you here?” My little brother was even more confused than I was, he looked like a pug moving his head side to side whenever it’s owner would make a sound. He had his chubby white cheeks that looked like 2 big marshmallows; he had his almond brown eyes, and his curly brown hair, with 2 years of age. I was 2 years and 1 month bigger than him… I was actually 4 years old. I had curly brown hair, with brown round eyes as an oak tree, with tan skin. I enjoyed being a kid, a LOT. One of the bad guys grabbed the door of the green ugly car, and opened the door slowly. Something inside my tummy made me feel sick, as if I had eaten a rotten apple. As I saw the man, with tan skin, I could notice he was in bad conditions, including his yellow/black teeth’s that looked like they where from a pirate’s. He grabbed the door slowly with his dusty hands, with an evil smile. ‘He would sure be good at scaring people in Halloween’, I thought.
“Get out! Come with your dad, and your brother as well,” barked the man, with a low voice. I followed the men’s orders right away. When I got off of the car, it was too late. My dad was tied with a brown knot around his wrist, and the pale man was making him walk to his room. The man with tan skin had a black, metallic tool. My footsteps were the loudest sound I could hear, and then my heart became the loudest.

“Do you have chairs?” asked the pale man.
“Yes, there are some in the kitchen,” my dad blurted painfully. “but please, don’t scare my kids.”
“Fine, Jorge, can you please take the kids to a separate room?” asked the pale man.
“But my dad… bytbh,” I was able to say, but my dad’s mouth looked like if he was saying something. It was like a puzzle that couldn’t be solved. I was so scared I wanted to be safe. The man, that I could know that his name was Jorge, opened the door to the bathroom.
“Stay here for a while, don’t move,” Jorge finally concluded, as if it where an army camp. My brother, my babysitter, and me, myself, just stood there silently, trembling in the darkness of the bathroom, without light. The bathroom was a prison; dangerous, afraid, in which you could not escape. There was a bathing tub, sink, and a white toilet, even though I couldn’t see much, since the dim light that went under the door, was everything we had. My brother and I sat in the floor, while my baby sitter sat on the toilet.
“Okay, everything’s okay,” my babysitter hinted, not helping both of us go through this.
“I want to call my mom, where is she?” I groaned, with my arms crossed tight. I felt I had to be like a hero, to this problem, like Superman or Batman, but knowing I was just a kid, I knew that was impossible. I knew those movies where unrealistic, fake; like a toy plane. Sleepiness came at me like a madly bear in it’s hibernate. After a while I started grabbing my brother, Marco’s, cheeks that that where like a white chubby, smooth marshmallow. I was a very interesting girl, who loved touching his brothers cheeks, even though her mother didn’t let her. But her mother wasn’t there until…

“Alvaro, where is Marco and Betty?” I could hear my mother’s echoes.
“My mom!” I cheered, making a loud echo that surely reached to Mars. Excitedly as a monkey, I put my head against the door like a magnet. Footsteps came at me like music to my ears. Finally the doorknob turned slowly with a unrecognized sound, that made me want to cut my ears off.
“They are here,” Jorge pointed out.
“Can I have some alone time with them, so they can be confortable with all of THIS? Also, my husband has the suit case ready,” my mom advised desperately. While the man turned around to look for “the suitcase” my mom kneeled down to have a pep talk with us.
“Everything will be okay, dad has a plan. They will be gone in no time,” my mom added.
The sound of the door closing echoed through the house.
“Finally!” She said again.
“Dad changed the suitcases, they took a suit case full of rocks!” She exclaimed.
I was relieved; the adrenaline flew away like a happy bird. I couldn’t believe we came alive, and I will never forget that bad moment. I will always remember my family, as the best gift I had ever had in my life. Family is what keeps your life moving, like a motor to life.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.