Dusk and Dawn | Teen Ink

Dusk and Dawn

March 14, 2014
By Tigorius17 BRONZE, Council Bluffs, Iowa
More by this author
Tigorius17 BRONZE, Council Bluffs, Iowa
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note: I was inspired to write this story because I wanted to try and wrote something I've never wrote before.

My name is Dusk I have a twin sister, her name is Dawn. I was born at 11:59 and Dawn at 12:01, so our parents thought since it was a mixture of one day and another, they named us Dusk and Dawn. At school I always get made fun of, they tell me to go be the sunset which doesn’t make sense.

“ I always hide my appearance,” says Dawn, because she thinks that nobody will like her because she doesn't look like the other girls at school. Our schedule is the same, we’ve always had the same classes.



1st hour: Science


2nd hour: English


3rd hour: Social Studies



4th hour: Math



5th hour: P.E



6th hour: Spanish 1



7th hour: Business Intro



8th hour: Music
We both are in our freshman year. Ever since we were in kindergarten we’ve been made fun of. That will change this year. It’s September 2, 1997 and we can’t wait for things to change, we won’t be made fun of, no laughing at us, no more bullies.

“ Dusk, what are you doing?” asked Dawn. “ Um,


writing in my journal, why?” “ Just wondering.”
In my journal I wrote:




My name is Dusk




I have a twin sister




her name is Dawn




revenge is near.
“ So, how was school today?” asked our mother.
“It was good Mom.” we said,
“That’s great.” “ No, it’s not.” I said.
“ Dusk-”
“Yes”
“ Nothing”
We finished our homework and went to bed.
“ Good night Dusk.” “ Goodnight Dawn.”
Then went to sleep. We got up at 8:00 a.m.
“How did you sleep?” asked Mom.
“ Didn’t sleep well.” I said. “ How about you Dawn?”
“ Slept good, but had a bad dream about doing suicide, because people make fun of me.”
“ DAWN!” said Mom while she slammed her hand against the counter- “ You will do no such thing, I raised you well enough to do no nonsense.”
“Mom, you don’t understand.”
“ Yes, I do, I’ve been in your shoes.”
“You’ve been in my shoes?” asked Dawn.
“It’s a figure of speech,” I said, “She means she was like you when she was your age.”
“Mom?” asked Dawn “ What happened to Dad?”
“ He, well.... he.” she said as a tear went down her cheek.
I added “ He’s gone, dead, left the world, so shut up and move on with life, he died two years ago, o.k.”
“ He’s not gone, he’s still in our hearts.” said Dawn.

We went to the bus stop and waited for the bus.We got on the bus and headed for school. It’s first hour and I feel like I’m invisible, but today I don’t care, all I want to do is get school over with and plan my revenge on everyone including the teachers. Then in sixth hour I knew how to get my revenge.

“ Dusk, Dusk.” said Mrs. Harris.
“ Huh.”
“What’s the spanish word for the?”
“El”
“Yes”
“ Si, senorita.”
Then the bell rang for 7th hour.
“ Buenas Tardes”
“ Dusk, this isn’t spanish class.”said Mr. Scolbalski. I fell asleep and nobody noticed.Dawn tapped my shoulder and she would because we’re both invisible and she can see me. She’s the only one who understands.

Q: How do I plan my revenge?

A: Do it toward the end of the year or even better, the middle.
“Why were you named Dusk isn’t that sunset, I understand Dawn though.” said Jessica the most popular girl in school.

Q: Why is she talking to me?

A: I don’t know, act cool.
“What?”
“ Why were you named Dusk?”
“ Because sunset, I was born at sunset, gosh.”
“ Wow”
“ What?”
“ That’s weird but amazing.-- You doing anything tonight?”
“ No, why?”
“ I’m having a party and bring your sister too.” and she left then the bell rang. Finally 8th hour,I skipped though.

“I hate music.”
“ Then why did you get it?”
“ They gave me it remember,Dawn?”
“Oh, yeah.”
“ What do you have?”
“I switched to computers and technology.”
“Ugg, I hate computers and technology, it’s too nerdy.”
“ Well then I fit right in, my boyfriend is waiting for me, bye.”
“ Wait, you have a boyfriend?” but she didn’t answer
In my thoughts: I can’t believe she has a boyfriend, my sister can pick up a guy, but I can’t get a girl. I shook my head, Just forget it, forget it, it won’t last a week or even a month, it’ll be over quickly.

“Dusk, guess what?!”
“ What?”
“ Todd asked me to go to homecoming with him!”
“Dawn that’s great, how was school, and we’re going shopping to get you a dress.” said our mom.
“ Yeah, how predictable.-- So, what you going to do, make-out and you know?”
“ Dusk, that’s nasty!”
“ Dusk, what is wrong with you, I think you’re jealous.”
“ I am not!”
Then I marched up to my room and slammed the door, what was I suppose to do.--
“ Dusk!”
“ What?!”
“ Your father didn’t die he left one day and-”
“ No, he wouldn’t do that, he just wouldn’t!” I started to cry and my mom hugged me and held me in her arms.
“ I know this upsets you, but he may come back, he has to miss you and your sister.”
“He never said goodbye and that he loved us.”
“ Your father loves you and he always will.”
She said then got up and looked at me then shut the door behind her and went downstairs to talk to Dawn about homecoming.
“ Wherever you are Dad, come back after my revenge.” I said to his picture.
You’re probably wondering what my revenge is well I’ll tell you, I’m going to do something so horrible that everyone will never think I’m invisible again, I want to be noticed and want them to suffer through pain and misery. The next day I went to school, Dawn didn’t have to go because Mom is getting her homecoming things ready and that shows me Dawn is all she’ll care about and never want to spend time with me like that.
I wish Dad was here so we could have father and son time. I’ve always dreamed that Dad would always come back and just take me and leave Mom and Dawn behind. Then, we’d explore new things go on vacations, be home schooled, and me and my Dad, my Dad and me. I remember when I was younger but, then mom told me our father died, I broke down like a car driving on an interstate and then suddenly stops. That’s how I felt, everything fell apart after that. I never knew he would just leave: I think he left because Mom probably did something to tick him off, I know he loved us but not to the point where he wouldn’t of just get up and leave, (that doesn't sound like him). So, yeah I feel like a part of me just died. “Dusk guess what?” I can hear Dawn say that in my thoughts talking about her new homecoming dress, which in this case I didn’t really care. Her boyfriend is a senior, I looked him up on the internet, he has a pretty good background. I’m in the computer lab, that’s how I looked him up. I’m at home now school ended forty minutes ago, and it’s the weekend now so I’m pretty intense about that. Nobody knows about my revenge, not even my mom or sister. I don’t want them to know. I want people to pay for what they did, I don’t appreciate it either.

5:00pm: I’m in my room drinking a two liter mountain dew, and watching the sports channel; I’m also listening to my mp3 player.
“Dusk, Dusk!” said Mom with her arms crossed over her chest.
“Yeah, what?”
“You’ve been in here since school ended, come down stairs and ne sociable!”
“What’s there to talk about, oh yeah here’s one, why did you lie to me?!”
“I just thought saying he died you would move on but it didn’t work, you been getting less active, less sociable and don’t spend time with family.”
“Yeah well, you know why I don’t spend time with you?”
“Why?”
“Because you never want to go anywhere with me and when I want to, you don;t, but when Dawn wants to, your face lightens up, your mood changes and you go with her, so you know, I wish Dad took me and left you and Dawn to suffer!”
“Well I never-”
“What, realized, get out of my room and hang out with your favorite child.” She left after I said that, I turned my music up on maximum and watched the basketball game. I turned my music off and heard the door knock, “MOM DOOR, DAWN DOOR!” I yelled. I didn’t hear them open the door, so I went down the hall, “Mom-” No one was home. I opened the door, “Dusk, hello.” It was Jessica, great now what, I bet she’s here for Dawn.

“Dawn isn’t here right now.” I told her.
“That’s okay, I came to see you, see I was walking to Kayla’s house but I got side tracked and I thought Dusk’s house is on the corner, so why not stop by and see him, and here I am.”

I looked at the clock six o’clock, great I’m stuck with her till Mom comes home.

“So, you going to let me in?”
“Yeah.” I moved over to let her in and shut the door.
“Nice place you got.”
“Yeah, you think so?”
“I don’t think so, I know so.” We both laughed. She sat on the couch and patted the cushion next to her, I knew what that meant so I sat down. She took her shoes off and sat criss-crossed and turned toward me.
“So,how was school?”
“Boring.”
“Why?”
“you know same stuff everyday, same teachers, same everything.” I said. She kept scooting closer to me, then she got so close our noses touched, so I leaned back, but she kept getting closer. So I moved, what else was I suppose to do? Let her invade my personal space, she got up and grabbed my hand, pulled me to her and kissed me.

I felt myself freeze, I saw her eyes closed, my eyes completely open in surprise. I felt my eyes close and kiss her back. In my thoughts: God please save me. Then my mom walked in and I pushed Jessica away.

“Dusk, you have time for her, but not your family!?” I grabbed Jessica’s hand and headed out the door.

“Why did you do that?”
“Do what?”
“Kiss me!”
”I like you Dusk-” Then for at least ten minutes we hugged.

I don’t know I’m a guy so I’m attracted to her. I have feelings for her I can't even express to my family.

“Dusk, you think you're invisible to the world, but, I think I broke through and met the Dusk who has feelings.”
“Jessica?”
“Yes?”
“Are you sure you like me, I’m not popular like you and not your dream guy from your fantasy.”
“I don’t care, I don’t have to be popular. I just, well, yes I like you so much I could marry you.”
“Oh way that’s alot to take in.”

Then she put her fingers in my hair and kissed my cheek, her eyes were glowing beautifully.
“I can walk you home.”
“Yeah you can, I live six blocks away down Lincoln street.”

She grabbed my hand and we walked and walked until we got to her house. I let her hand go and she waved and went inside. My hands were in my pockets now. In my mind I thought: I can’t let a girl get in front of me, I need to focus on my revenge. I got home and went to my room.

“Dusk, your sister is at Todd’s house, I met him, he’s a really nice boy.”
“That’s a lie, they do that when the girls’ mom is around so they look and sound nice, I bet right now he’s being his average self.”
“Dusk stop having a negative attitude.”
“Never!”
“Then,then you're grounded for two weeks and don;t go to your girlfriends house!” Then she slammed the door. “I hate you too!” I yelled.

I laid on my bed staring at the ceiling. Then closed my eyes and went to bed.
(Saturday at 10:00) I’m not going to tell you what my revenge is, you’re going to have to find out yourself, because you are like the other people, you have to wait. I woke up and there beside me was Jessica looking at me.

“How did you get in here?” I asked with my voice just waking up.
“Your Mom let me in, she felt bad so, she ungrounded you, I told her the whole story.”
“Thanks.”
“You’re welcome, you know I can’t have my boyfriend grounded.”
“Who?”
“You silly.”
“Oh.”

I sat up and stretched, got up and Jessica and I went to McDonalds for breakfast, (My mom brang us and bought the food) then we sat down and talked, I was pushing my cup back and forth.

“Isn’t that your Ex over there?”
“Oh no hide me.”

My mom was curious and asked, “Why, did he do something?”
“Well, he said if I broke up with him he was going to beat me up and, well he was being a jerk three weeks ago so I broke up with him, and so kept hiding, he found me once and punched me.”

I looked at her and stood up, “Not on my watch.” I said and walked over to Mack.

“Look who came over here, so um, Dufus, or whatever your name is, where is Jessica, I’ve got to finish what I started by beating her up so bad she’ll wish she never broke up with me.”
“First of all it’s Dusk, and second of all you’re not laying a finger on Jessica.” I said with my hands turning into fists now.

Back at the table-
‘Oh no, Dusk won’t be able to fight him, he’ll lose.” Jessica said in a scared voice.
“No he won’t I have confidence in him, he can stand up for himself.” said my mom.

Back outside-

Mack came at me trying to punch me then without knowing it his other arm came around and got him with his pocket knife, I grabbed his arm and forced it behind his back then threw him to the ground while twisting his arm, he started to cry.

“Ok,ok let me go!”
“You promise to leave Jessica alone?!”
“Yes!”

I let him go, he got up then him and his friends ran off. Jessica and Mom ran out to see me.

“Are you alright?” they said at the same time.
“Yeah.”

I looked at my side where he got me with his knife, it was cut deep, and bleeding badly, “You're bleeding!” My mom yelled. I felt no pain I was ticked off and got in the car. Mom drove to the hospital and I got stitches. Then we went home.

“Jessica.”
“Yes?”
“Make sure Dusk doesn’t do anything that will rip the stitches.”
“Right!” Then Mom left to go get Dawn.

“I’m fine really I’m just really tired.” I told Jessica.
“No, you’re not, you look gloomy.”
“I’m fine.” I said in a soft voice.

The next day I couldn’t move, I was hurting and felt, like I like I was dying. I managed to get out of bed and get the the restroom, I looked at the mirror I was pale, I wasn’t when I got stitches. Then I collapsed. “Dusk, Dusk!” yelled mom, her voice was fading, and everything was becoming a blur, then everything went black.









My name is Dusk







I have a twin sister







her name is Dawn








I feel hurt.

I woke up two week later, Jessica,Dawn, and Mom were in my room, they got up and surrounded me.

“You went in shock from the cut from the fight, it had poison in it.” said Mom with a worried look on her face.
“We’re happy you’re alright.” said Dawn and Jessica. Then I leaned up and felt good as new and it felt good to be alive. I looked at the time one o’clock, and looked at Dawn.

“Don’t you have to go to homecoming with you senior boyfriend tonight?”
“I went last week, you were in the hospital, so I left early, because I felt bad .” she said then hugged me lightly.

I got up on my feet the next day and they let me go home. It’s the end of September almost October now and I’m not going to wait to do my revenge. So, now that I have that, I’m going on a date with Jessica to meet her parents. You're probably wondering what she looks like, I’ll tell you, hse has long wavy red hair(she straightens it sometimes) and long eyelashes with brown eyes.

I have blonde hair that goes over my eyes that are a dark medium blue and my teeth are white and straight. At dinner I met her family, her dad is muscular, but eats a lot of sweets. Her mother is pregnant and is short, Jessica is at least three inches taller than her. Her father’s name is Kevin and her mother’s is Teresa, they are thirty and twenty-eight.

“You’re name is Dusk, I like that name it reminds me of how I met Kevin.” said Teresa who was now telling us the story of how she met her husband, it’s an interesting story actually.

“So, you're not like that Mack kid are you?” asked Kevin.
“No sir.” I said and Jessica looked at her dad.

“Dad, he beat Mack up, he;s the first person to stand up to him, he took him down with one hit.”
“That’s cool, so did you hear about what he did, you know punch her?” he said taking the conversation to me now.
“ Yes, sir, Mack told me he was going to finish what he started so I hurt him, when I saw him I knew his weakness instantly.”

“Wow, that’s amazing, have you fought before?” asked Teresa
“Well, my dad, um, use dot play fight me, then you know he left.”
“Why would he leave you you seem like a great kid to be around.” said Kevin.
“I don’t know, we came home one night and he was gone, clothes and everything he needed, even the car he got my mom for her birthday.”
“Well you’re always welcome to stay if you need to get away from family.”

One hour later the dinner was over, I walked home listening to my I-pod, it started pouring and got cold, I got to the stop sign when Teresa insisted I’d stay, she knew my mother so she called and told her I was staying until the rain stopped and that she knew I would get home safely. She took me to the guest room and told me to have a good night. I woke up in the morning and went home. Then, my mom made me breakfast.

12:00 pm at school(Monday)

Today I’m sitting at a table myself when Jake Rush sat by me and we talked about how girls are emotional, and how they always have something on their minds.

“I think they are secretly hiding how they feel, that’s why they gossip and brag about things that happen at home or at friends houses.” said Jake, “Well, some part of that I get , but the secret things I don’t, do you know what they say about us?”
“What?”
“They saw we brag a lot about sleeping with them and that we’re not responsible and that we’re lazy.”-“Girls are lazy, unlike us guys we’ve been in sports before girls, had rights , and have been educated before them.”
“Dude your smart, hey I’m having a party tomorrow, you wanna come?”
“I don’t know?”
“Come on it’s my birthday and you're my friend.”
“fine only because it is your birthday.”

Jake got up and told his friends I was coming to his party. This better not be a trick. I looked around got up and dumped my tray and left the lunchroom. I saw Dawn and Todd. If he hurts her, I’ll kill him. The next day I went to Jake’s party for some odd reason I had a good time. I didn’t go home I stayed at Jake’s, he showed me around and no wonder Jake was in sports his dad loved sports.

“You’re lucky.”
“Why?”
“You have a dad to hang out with .”
“You can come over and hang out with us.”
“Thanks.” I said while yawning.
“There’s a guest bedroom upstairs if you’re tired.” said Jake’s dad.
“Okay.”

I went upstairs to sleep. (1:00pm Guest Room) I was on my back looking at the ceiling and daydreaming I imagined my dad coming home and staying forever. I imagined him hugging all of us and not wanting to let go, everyone crying, pouring tears. Then got up and looked out the window and saw Jake and his dad playing football, then his mom came in, I’ve never seen her before she must of just gotten home from work.

“What’s your name?” she asked with a smile on her face,
“Dusk.”
“Oh, that’s a great name and the first I’ve ever heard, you look down, what’s wrong?” she said, now looking questionable.
“I feel like, you know, left out, Jake has a dad or step dad.”
“So your mom has a girlfriend?”
“No,no she;s been depressed that my dad went missing, she’s told the police and they didn’t find any evidence.”

Then she put her arm around me, “you’re not alone, my father went missing when I was eight.”
“Did they find him?”
“Yes,but he was remarried, he had no memory of us and didn’t remember anyone except his new family.” Then she smiled and added, “Then I met my husband my freshmen year, he was a sophomore and we stayed together and then got married after college, I was twenty-one years old when I had Jake and was married when I was twenty-six, I’m grateful I have a family.”
“Yeah,that’s great, but I don’t want to think of my dad doing that.”
“Dusk he’ll come back, you’ll see, what’s his name?”
“His name is Todd but went by his middle name, Josh short for Joshua.”
“Todd Joshua Smith, I’ve heard of him before, does he have blonde hair, blue eyes, and a shaved beard but it is basically faded?”

Then I knew she’s seen my father, “Where did you see this guy?”
“It was at a hotel at least a hundred miles from here.”
“Where, what hotel did you go to?”
“Holiday Inn, why?”
“Can you take me to that exact hotel?”
“Sure, but won’t your mother be worried?”
“She has Dawn, besides she can’t stop me from looking for him.”
“Well, alright,come on.” she said getting her car keys, then we left.

I texted my mom telling her where I was going, and not to worry. When we got there I asked the hotel clerk at the counter if he seen a Todd Joshua Smith who goes by Josh, he said his room was two hundred-eighty three on the fifth floor. I went in the elevator with Jake’s mom then went to the room.

I knocked on the door, and a blonde hair, blue eyed, faded beard dude answered.

“Are you Todd a.k.a Josh?”
“Yes, why?”
“I’m your…”
“Your Dusk, come in.” he said, Jake’s mom followed.
“How are you and your sister?”
“We’re great, but Mom is worried about you and I’ve missed you.”
“Dusk, I’ve missed you too, but I had to leave. my work is making me travel.”
“Then, how come you just left us, and not call and tell us what happened?”
“I was but, your mother would of taken it the wrong way.”
“Dad?” I asked, but couldn’t answer. He just looked at me and smiled.

“Call your mother, I’ll tell her the story and I’ll come home in a few weeks.”
“If you stay, then I’m staying, I have to tell you something, I can’t tell mom or Dusk.”

Then Jake’s mom started to talk, “I’ll tell the school that he’s on vacation and that he’ll be back.” Then before she left, “I’ll tell your mom your story and the school another, be safe and don’t get in trouble, okay?”
“Yes, I understand. “then off she went.

It’s the first the third week of October, I started writing in my journal.







My name is Dusk






I have a twin sister






her name is Dawn







I feel hope

I fell asleep and then hours later I woke up. I felt like I was in a dream and then realized it was real. I looked at the time ten-forty a.m, I relaxed, then my dad came in.

“Hey, Dusk, you wanna go to IHop for breakfast?”
“Yeah, sure.” I said while getting out of bed.

I got ready and off we went. At I-Hop we got pancakes and talked.

“So, how’s your mother?”
“She’s depressed, she really misses you.”
“Why did you come find me?”
“Well, I haven’t seen you in two years and Mom never pays attention to me, she has all her attention on Dawn, I guess it’s because she’s a girl.”
“Dusk, I’ll come home and cheer your mom up, she can still give Dawn attention, but I got to spend time with them as equally I spend time with you, of course I have to spend time with your mother.” he said smiling now.
“So, Dad, how come adults get along better with each other then teens and children?”
“They’re more mature, and don’t take things seriously as teenager and kids.” he said then took a drink of his orange juice.

I turned and looked out the window, “Dusk ,your mother loves you as equal as she loves Dawn, she can’t have a favorite, it’s like picking and orange over orange juice, they are the same except one is already squeezed and is a liquid.”
“Well I think it’s more like picking and orange over and orange except ones rotten.”
“Which one’s that?”
“Me.” he laughed and looked at me, “Dusk, are you calling me rotten?”
“No.”
“Well, I think you are, Dusk I was just like you.”

I looked at him and sighed, “Dad?”
“Yes?”
“Do you love Mom, I mean she thinks you left her or someone killed you, she’s so scared.”
“Well go home then.”

We went home and packed then left at night, we arrived at home in the morning. I walked in the house and sure enough Mom was sitting at the table with a coffee mug. “Mom, I know it’s your birthday so I got you a present.” She looked at me, “Is it a coupon for my favorite restraunt?” “No, just hold still.” I put a blindfold on her and lead her outside, “Can I look yet?” “Just wait a minute.” Then Dad pulled up in the car. “Okay, now.”

She took it off then saw the car my Dad had fixed up for her, she was crying, then I walked down to the car, “And the most important present of all..” I opened the car door and Dad stepped out, Mom froze like she was falling in love all over again.
“Josh..”
“Are you going to stand there or am I going to have to come to you.” she ran up to him and they kissed, I walked back up the steps then went inside; I went to my room and for the first time in two years she was happy and was laughing. Everything was back to normal, except the fact I can’t find a useful way to plan my revenge, it can’t be October, at least January or something, if it’s too early it wouldn’t be right, it has to be at the right timing. Dawn came home and bear hugged our dad until her arms got tired, “Dawn.” he said trying to catch his breath he just lost, “ Let me go please.” She let him go. “Sorry, it;s just that I haven’t seen you in a while.

Then, the whole family hugged each other in a big group hug. “This call for a celebration!” yelled Mom. After celebrating at an expensive restaurant, we went home and it wasn’t quiet everyone was talking except me, I was in my room watching cartoon while sitting on my bed. I looked at my bedroom door, No one cares I’m in my room. Then, I got up and climbed out my window and went to Jessica’s house. When I got there Mack and Jessica were hugging, so I hid in behind bush and watched them and listened.

“Jessica, Dusk died in a car accident that’s why he’s been gone.” said Mack with a sad expression on his face. I stepped out.
“First of all I went to get my dad, and second if you don’t know about anything don’t lie, and third of all Jessica, if you want him you can have him!” I yelled and walked off angrily.
“Hey Doofus!”
“What?!”
“Your so stupid, Jessica was just using you to show me how to treat her!”
“Yeah, says the boy who ran off like a wuss!”
“I did that because..because…”
“What, trying to get attention, you know what Jessica you're a slut and MAck and you can both go to hell!” I said and flicked them off as I ran off, “Dusk!” yelled Jessica, “I’m sorry I was in to you I promise, I thought that if you dated someone you would show your true self, I’ve mean that and I’m sorry about what I did!”
“Yeah, well to late, take your man there and go tell your parents, I don’t think they’ll appreciate you, but it was your decision and well for what you did to me, you’ll be going to hell and I don’t care!” I yelled as I ran home.

I got home and went to my room through the window and then went to bed.







My name is Dusk







I have a twin sister







her name is Dawn








revenge is near

I never knew someone you loved can become someone you hate. At school I knew how to get my revenge on them. I know you were expecting my revenge later but here it comes, my revenge. At lunch some students talk about the greatest people they know at school, so I got the mic and started to talk about my sister, “My sister Dawn in the greatest person I know because she gets her work done and knows what she is doing…” Then, I saw the teachers leave to break up a fight in the hall.

“But, I have to tell you something Mack and Jessica, Mack made Jessica use me to look how to treat her, I think that’s pathetic and childish, and Jessica is a stupid idiotic redhead whore, she told me how she was dating three boys in one week, but you know some people are stupid so the next time you see her and you're a guy don’t date her she probably has a disease, a disease to get in the mind, mess with it and then dump you. Mack on the other hand is a jackass and doesn’t know anything except how to get three girls in one room and slept with them, but he’s not a man when it comes to another boy, so he goes after little wimpy boys to look big, that’;s all I have to say.” After that people have been calling Jessica a no good slut and Mack is a wimpy fighter.

He’s a lover not a fighter, I’m a fighter not a lover. I went down to the principal’s office because someone told the principal what I did, I found out that somebody was Jessica’s friend Katie Rome, I looked at the principal.

“You wanted to see me Mr.Sculp?”
“Yes Dusk, have a seat please.” So I sat down.
“Dusk your action that you did was wrong of you, you shouldn’t of done such a thing, in all my years I’ve never had a student do a bad thing like that, you will be suspended for four days as your punishment, I’ve called your father he’s coming to get you.”

Great, I told my self, more drama. After my dad picked me up we talked.

“Dusk, why would you do that?”
“Why you ask, well I’ll tell you, it was true, she is a slut, he is a wimp, and I got the punishment, they’re going to...”
“Where Dusk, I don’t appreciate you embarrassing those two students, how would you feel if someone did that to you?”
“Actually I would feel great because nobody pays attention to me anyways, so why is this a big deal, huh, why?!”
“Dusk, lower your voice.”
“No, I won’t first it’s Mom and Dawn who disrespected me first, then Jessica, and now the whole school, they’re going to regret it!”

My voice was so loud as if I were to go on top a mountain and scream at the top of my lungs, “Dusk, please calm down, no one wants to see you like this.”

“Dad I’m sorry, I’m just pissed off.”
“I understand, but don’t use that kind of language, it’s not nice.”
“Fine.” and that was that our argument left the building and was gone. When we got home I went straight to my room, and slammed the door. Then, I screamed into a pillow.

“Dusk is in his room, he’s mad.” I heard my father tell my mother.
“I understand.” Mom said.

Then the door opened. “Dusk, honey, are you alright?” my mom said in a soft voice.
“Yes.” I said with my face in the pillow.
“I know how you feel, being used in a relationship.” after she said that I lifted my head up and saw my father standing in the doorway, listening too.
“When I was a junior in highschool I was dating this boy named Daniel Cox, he used me to get my friend, then I felt so mad, I embarrassed him at class, I called him names, then I was suspended for two days, I never went to that school again because I moved, then I met your father again, then people told you I was twelve when yo and your sister was born, I wasn’t I was sixteen, then me and your dad got married at age twenty-two and twenty-three, I felt guilty not telling you the truth.”
“Mom?”
“Yes.”
“I don’t care about what age you were you could have been twelve and thirteen when me and Dawn were born, but who cares, what happens, happens.” Then she hugged me. No wonder she has wrinkles she is thirty-one, but her stress makes her look older. I looked at my father, they both looked a little older but not by much. I got up and hugged my dad, then went to the kitchen and got some juice.

“Mom tell you?”asked Dawn. I jumped a little, I didn’t realise she was home, I turned and faced her.
“Yeah.”
“Isn’t that great at least she was sixteen and not twelve, right?”
“Sure.” I said in a gloomy voice. I get suspended and I did what I had to do, I’m done, finished. Then I went to the park and just walked around.

“Buenos tardes.” said Joseph Rodriguez.
“Hi Joe.”
“How are you?”
“I’m fine, you?”
“Bien, I just saw you walking around, you look upset.”
“Nah, I just look upset, today isn’t a good day.”
“I heard you got suspended, I hope that everything is alright.”
“Yeah, well I hope it is too.”
“I know you and Jessica didn’t work out, i’ve seen her run around with five guys the week you were gone, she was laughing and even kissed one of them on the lips.”
“Well, I’m glad I don’t have to deal with her anymore.”
“Well, I gotta go my madre is waiting for me.”
“Okay, bye.”
“I hope you have a great day.”

Then he was gone, Joe is like one of my best friends since fourth grade and if I ever get married he’ll be my best man.Then I started to walk down the street toward the school, while I was walking by the school I saw Mack trying to make my sister kiss him.

“Stop, leave me alone!”
“Shh, just kiss me, no one will know.” said Mack smiling.

“Hey bird brain, leave my sister alone, or I’ll kick your ass.” I said with my hands forming into a fist.

“Oh, I’m sorry I’m not going to run off like last time.”
“Oh, but I already know your weakness, so back off or I’ll hurt you!” I said trying to keep a straight face.

He punched me, I got up and kicked him between the legs, picked him up and threw him to the ground, then picked him up by his hair, then kicked him in the stomach.

“Next time, you better back off or it won’t turn out so great for you.”

Then I grabbed Dawn by the arm and helped her up and helped her walk to the parking lot.

“Why are you here?”
“Jessica said to meet her here.”
“Where is she?”
“I don’t know, she wasn’t here when I came only Mack.”
“Did he hurt you?”
“Well he did grab my arm tightly.”

Then I looked at her belly, she was bleeding badly, then out of the blue she fell. I picked her up and ran to the hospital. Why didn’t she tell my he stabbed her? I thought, She probably didn’t want me to worry. When I got there they told me to wait.

“Wait, you want me to wait, half of these people aren’t dying, they can wait, my sister is bleeding to death.”
“She can wait like the rest.” said the women behind the counter.

Then I started flipping out, “You are a B****, you need to get my sister back there or you’ll be the person bleeding to death!” After I said that doctors came out and took my sister. A half hour later the doctor came out.

“Is she alright?”
“She’s in a coma, we don’t know how long she’ll be out.” I started to cry, I couldn’t hold back the tears. I took my cell out of my pocket and called my parents.

“Mom is Dad there, if he is put the phone on speaker.”
“Okay.”
“Dawn is in a coma and they don’t know how long she’ll be out.” I heard my mom cry and screaming Dawn’s name and saying why, why in the background.
“I know who did this to Dawn.”
“Who?” asked my dad.
“Mack Greenland, he stabbed her with a pocket knife, he must of put something on it that made Dawn go in a coma.”
“I’ll talk to the police after I pick you up.”
“I’m at the hospital.”
“I’ll be right over, bye.”

Then I pressed the end call button and put it back in my pocket. After we got home my dad called the police and told them what happened, they went to Macks house and put him under custody. I had to go to the police station.

“How did you know he had put a chemical on his knife, we tested it and it is the safe stuff that is in your sister’s blood stream.”
“He did the same thing to me, that’s how.”

Then the officer and Mack went in the questioning room, I got to stand behind the glass and listen.

“So Mack how many people have you stabbed?”
“I don’t know, why?”
“If you don’t tell me, I’m going to assume you’ve done this in your past, and that isn’t good for your record.”
“Fine, yes, I have done it before, so what, it’s not a big deal!”
“Yes, it is Mack, Dusk told me you’ve done this to him and now his sister is in the hospital in a coma, probably dying and if the other people have died then you’re going to prison for murder.”
“Yes, they have died.”

Then the police officer arrested him and before he left he told me, “You’re going to for what you did, you’re going to pay, PAY!”

Then, I got up and walked out of the police station.

“So, what happened?” asked my Dad.
“Mack is going to jail for murder.” I said feeling good that he won’t be able to hurt anyone anymore.

Then one month later Dawn woke up, “How long was I out for?” “A month.” I said smiling- “I’m just happy you’re okay.” “Thanks.” Dawn said as she hugged me.

Me and my sister are like the same person because we’re twins but unlike some we always know how the other feels. The next day Dawn came home, she was excited, it was like watching a two year old running around the house.

“Well someone is happy to be home.” said Mom setting the kitchen table for dinner.
“Yeah, I really missed you guys and the house.” said Dawn with a big smile on her face.
“Dusk, Dawn, me and your mother were thinking-” said Dad then Mom cut him off, “Off transferring you two to a different school, since this one is putting trouble on you two, you’ve both been hurt.” said Mom with a concerned look on her face.
“Well,” said Dawn, “I think Dusk can fix our problems or Todd.”
“Todd?” I asked-” You want Todd and me to work together?”
“Dawn fighting can’t solve everything.” said our father.
“I think we should move and transfer the kids to a different school.” said Mom.
“Transfer?!” said Dawn with a now worried look on her face, “We can’t transfer.”

Mom looked at Dawn and rubbed her forehead then put her hand on the hip.
“Dawn, what else are we suppose to do?!” she asked getting upset. Then the doorbell rang. “Who is it?!” yelled mom, “It’s Todd.” Then mom opened the door, “I came to see Dawn, is she doing okay?”
“I’m fine.” said Dawn as she run up to him and hugged him.
“Dawn can you come with me I need to show you something.” Then Dawn and Todd disappeared up the hill.
“I’m going to my room.” I said and went up the stair to my door, opened it then closed it behind me. I walked to my bed and sat on it staring out the window.

Then next day I got up and went to the park by the elementary school at least twenty-two blocks away from where I live. I saw Jessica and started to walk away but she saw me and yelled my name. “Dusk, Dusk!” she yelled running, I stopped and turned around.

“What?”
“Well I just have to tell you that I’m sorry that I used you.”
“Well to bad I’m already scared.”
“Can we at least be friends?”
“Why so you can use me for that too ?!”
“No it’s just that my friends don’t wanna hang around me anymore.”
“And, that’s my problem?!”
“I feel like I can talk to you.”
“Oh, so you can tell you dumb-ass boyfriend!”
“Dusk, please!”
“No, never in a million years would I become your friend after what you did to me!” I said with my finger bending to make a fist. Then she had a tear go down her cheek. “I’ll think about it then.” I said in a soft voice. She smiled at me then hugged me. “I knew you wouldn’t ditch me like the others.” then turned away and ran home.

I looked at the ground, solid, but told myself I am like concrete, tough, unbreakable, Jessica is like a river, flowing, but can be damaged or move different paths. I then sat on a swing and took my mp3 player out and put earphones in my ears and turned on my favorite song. The song reminds me of myself and who I am. then it started to rain, I turned it off and took the earphones out of my ears and wrapped them around the small device and ran home.

“Dusk, time to eat.” said my mom in a cheerful voice, she’s never happy even now that dad’s home she’s still depressed.
“Guess what?”
“What?”
“Me and your father are going to renew our wedding vows!” she said holding her hands together.
“Why?”
“Because we want to start all over and share how we feel about each other.”
“Why are you not wanting this, it will mean alot to me.” she said calmed down and now sitting in the dining room chair, and with her usual expression, depression.
“Mom, I’m happy for you and if that’s what you two want to do, then I’m not stopping you, I just want you to be happy.” I said with a smile, then she smiled at me and got up and started to wash the dishes.

My mom has feelings that break real easily, I don’t know how dad makes her so happy, well I’m guessing they were probably meant to be together. I went to my room and turned the television on and watched ‘America’s funniest home videos’, and laid down and watched some videos that were completely stupid and then someone win ten thousand dollars for a video not even funny, it was an idiotic video.
“People are stupid these days.” I said under my breath then I turned the t.v off and went to sleep.








My name is Dusk








I have a twin sister








her name is Dawn









I feel tired


The next night I heard the t.v in the living room come one, I was the only one here, Dawn is at Todd’s grandmas, Mom and Dad are on a date and won’t be back till two. I went in the living room and no one was there, then someone grabbed me and put a knife to my neck, I grabbed her arm and forced it away from me. Then, I twisted their arm and forced them to the ground.

“Mack!” I said with my teeth together. He tried to grab me, so I grabbed the knife and stabbed the knife into his hand, then called the police, they put him in jail for trying to commit murder and put him in for seventeen years in prison.








My name is Dusk







I have a twin sister







her name is Dawn








I feel relief
People never understood me, yet now I feel noticed and happy. I walked down the school hallway as people said “hi” to me as I passed, I spotted Jessica and huffed. She turned and faced me.
“Dusk, I’ve been waiting here for you.” I rolled my eyes, “Listen Jessica…” she wouldn’t let me finish, “Dusk I love you.”
“Jessica you blind like a bat, I didn't mean anything at the park, just go to Mack and leave me be, tramp.”

I turned and walked down the hall after closing my locker. I then went to class, I sat at my desk and waited for the teacher to start class.
“Alright class we have a new student, she will introduce herself to all of you.”
Then I saw a girl with white hair, green eyes, an hourglass frame, and her hair went down to her waist, she was wearing black.
“My name is Moonlight Till, I am fifteen years old and am from Colorado.”
“Well Moonlight, I hate to say this but the only desk left is the one by… Dusk.”

I raised my hand and she smiled at me. “So you’re new here?” she nodded, “You seem like you know this place, can you take me to my net class?” I smiled, “Yeah, that’s fine by me.” I looked at her, ‘If she ever tries to trick me or harm me, I’ll ruin her life.’ She turned toward me.

“I noticed your name was Dusk, that mean s sunset, and my name is Moonlight, so after sunset the moon comes out…” “Oh, and my sister’s name is Dawn, she’s my twin.” “Then that means the moon goes down and the sun comes up for sunrise, this is like I was meant to meet you.” I blushed, “You know I can also show you around town.” “That would be great, thank you so much.” she said smiling. After our other class we went to the school doors. We left and walked down a street and went towards the park.

“This is the park.” I said smiling. After a tour around town she had to head back home. “Bye Dusk, this was fun, lets do this again sometime.” then she was gone. I put my hood up and sat on the swings.

“Oh Doofus, ya miss me?” I quickly turned, ‘No, he went to jail, how is he here right now?’ I saw Mack’s face covered in dirt and his handcuffs were broke. “I’m gonna kill you, you f*er!” He ran toward me as he quickly pulled a knife out of his pocket.
“What happened to your jail uniform?!” I asked because he was still in his clothes he had gotten arrested in. “I have a little secret my uncle is the sheriff, so he let me off with a warning, but I broke the handcuffs and killed him.”

I was shocked, but as I wasn’t paying attention he grabbed the collar of my shirt, I tried to push him away, “You shouldn’t mess with someone who wants revenge on people and someone who wants to kill you!” I yelled, I grabbed his arms and forced them away from me, I pushed him backwards and punched him in the face until he was unconscious. I pulled him to the street and pulled my cellphone out of my pocket and called a taxi. When the taxi arrived, I put Mack in the car and got in myself, the driver looked through the rear view mirror, “Where to?” I smirked, “The old broken down factory.”
“Are you sure?”
“Just take us there, NOW!!” He stepped on the gas and after a few minutes he was there, “We’re here.” I paid the cost and pulled Back out. Then dragged him into the abandoned building and sat him down onto a chair. A few minutes later he woke up, while he was unconscious I had tied his arms and legs to the chairs arms and legs.

He opened his eyes looking at me as I stood before him, I smirked evilly, “Where am I?!” I put a finger in front of my lips, “Shh, we are just going to have fun, well actually I’ll be the one having fun and you’ll be the one suffering.” He shook his head, “No, PLEASE!” I grabbed an old cloth on a table and put it in his mouth, then tied it behind his head, then reached into his pocket and grabbed his pocket knife. There were pliers on the ground, so I grabbed them as well.

He struggled as I grabbed his hand, “Can’t hold anything without fingers, but you’ll be going to hell soon and I’ll meet you there in the future.” I positioned the pliers and used all my strength, then I felt the pressure let off as each of his fingers were cut off. I went to the back to find something to use, then I happened to glance at a bucket that said ‘Acid’ I grabbed it and sat it down next to Mack, “Don't’ be scared I thought you were mister tough guy.” I instantly grabbed the cloth and ripped it off, I held his mouth open and dipped the cloth into the acid, then quickly let the chemical run down his throat, he screamed in pain as the acid ate the tissue away. I couldn’t see well because of the moonlight, so I went to find a light switch and sure enough the lights still worked, but I only turned the lights on in the room I was in because I didn’t want people to know.

I went back to Mack who was still screaming, I dipped the cloth back in the chemical and let it run down his throat, I could see he had no more throat tissue in the back of throat anymore and he began coughing up blood, I couldn’t stand him looking at me, so I dug his eyes out. After a few more times of putting acid down his throat he died.

I laughed evilly and turned to walk away. I then turned the lights off and left the factory. “Goodbye Mack, have fun rotting in hell.” I muttered under my breath. I didn’t call a taxi this time because I could get caught so I called a friend to pick me up, after the incident with Jessica, I met a guy named Jeff, he had red hair and green eyes, he told me if I needed anything just call him.

After Jeff pulled up I got in his truck, he noticed the blood, and was going to question, “I killed Mack.” I said as he smiled a little, “You know if you need help with your revenge I’m always here to help.” I smiled, “Thanks.” He took me to his house, I didn’t want my parents to worry, but I got to the point where I didn’t care, I just killed someone and it felt great.

“You hungry?” he asked opening the fridge.
“Not really, all I see is blood.”
“Well maybe if you took a shower, you might feel better.”
“I didn’t bring clothes.”
“You can wear mine, just go get them out of my room in the dresser.”
“Isn’t that kinda wierd.”
“Only if you think like that my friend.”
“So, I can wear anything of yours?”
“Yeah, but I wouldn’t go home in them though, you might be questioned why you’re wearing another guys clothes.”
“So why would I be embarrassed.”
“I don’t know, I was just seeing if you were listening, go take a shower.”

I sighed and went to his room, then picked some clothes out, then went to take a shower. After I got out I got dressed and carried my clothes to the living room and put them on the floor.


H e grabbed a board game.

“What do you have a board game for ?”
“ I’m still pretty bored.”
“Yeah, but those games are boring.”
“Come on play it me ,just once.”
I sighed, “Fine only once, but what is it about.”
“You’ll have to play it.”
“What?!”
“Hey, I’m not spoiling the game.”

I groaned, “Why?”, “Because then you know what it is about.” I looked at him, “You know I just killed someone and I can do it again.” He looked at me and smirked.
“Dusk, you don’t know half the things I do in my day, you can try killing me but you’re the one who’d be the one getting hurt the most.”

I looked at him and turned my head, ‘What the f*** just happened?’ I thought to myself. He placed the game in front of us. “The object of the game is to act like someone and the other person has the guess who the person is.” He gave me a card and he got a card. “So I have to act like the thing on my card?” I asked looking at the print, “Alright, you go first.”

“Why do I have to go first?”
“Because you know how to play.”
“Fine, but then you have to do two cards.”

He stood up and walked in the middle of the room in front of me, then started to act, “Okay I can talk, but you have to guess right, this one is easy.” I nodded and he proceeded. “Well Dusk, can you come to my office, I need to talk to you.”

“You’re a principal!” I said loudly, he laughed, “Yep, alright your turn, pick another card because you got two.” I picked another card and looked at both of them, ‘great one says girlfriend, and the other says killer’ I froze, Jeff looked at me as he sat down, “What, is there something wrong?” I nodded, “Um, do I have to act this one out?” I said holding the one I didn’t want to act out in my hand while staring at it while the other was held in my hand by my side. “Come on dude, just do it.” I took a deep breath.

I started to talk, “So where were you today, I was worried, what if something happened to you…”
“Your card says mother, doesn’t it?”
“No…here another hint, um...we’ve been dating for a while now I think we need to take it a step further.”
“Hmm, you’re a girlfriend.”
“Yes, but that was embarrassing...so here’s the second one.”
“Alright, you may proceed.”
“Hello Mack, don’t be scared you’ll be the one suffering while I have all the fun, here let me pour some acid down your throat till all the tissue is gone, then dig your eyes out while you scream in horror.”
“You’re a killer.”
“Yep.”
“Alright now it’s my turn.”

He got up and picked a cards, he looked at them and took a deep breath. Then he sat down in the middle of the floor.


“I’ll give you a hint, I do this to clear my mind.”
He sat criss-crossed and closed his eyes and putting his thumbs and pointing fingers together on both hands, then kept taking deep breathes.



“You’re meditating.”
Then he opened his eyes and stood up, “Yep.” he said while smiling. He I drew two cards took a look at one card and began to sit back down in the intensities of what I saw, a skeleton being with an upside down scythe held behind his back as the card is to seem incomplete as he is looking at a particular direction with his hand held out but to what he wondered.

On the other card was a woman on the ground with a shock of horror on her face enthralled by the fact that what stands before her is death and that moment Dusk realises that he has his next target and he thinks how to instill all the fear he can before he begins the torture to this enveloped specimen his mind begins to envelop with marvelous ideas of torture and revenge as the other boy in the room says in a terministic voice “Hey man, what did you draw come on tell me.”


“Lets stop playing, I’m bored of the game now, I have to start plotting my revenge on someone,
someone who has hurt me and needs to pay.”
“Dusk, what does the cards say.”
“It doesn’t say anything just pictures, it’s a sign that I’m going to have to hurt someone emotionally, and make them miserable for the rest of their life.”
“Um, okay, I guess I’ll put the game away, then you can tell me what your plan is and who you’re targeting this time.”

I just sat there staring into nothing, just seeing her face like the women on that card, I then shook my head and blinked into realization, then smirked and laughed evilly. I heard Jeff walk down the hall, but I didn’t care, I was going to hurt the girl that broke my heart, Jessica.

“Dusk, what’s with the laughing?”
“I have just picked my next victim, and she’s going to pay for what she did to me.”
“So it’s a girl this time, will you need help?”
“Yeah, I’m going to need you to help this time, because we are going to have to think of a plan, but we will take her to the factory.”
“Alright, so when do you want to do this?”
“As soon as possible.”

She will never hurt me again, breaking my heart and using me, when I’m done with her, she might think of ending her life by herself. I got off the couch and went to the guest room, and called Jeff in, “Burn my clothes, I don’t want any evidence.” He looked at me and nodded, then left to burn them.










My name is Dusk










I have a twin sister










her name is Dawn









my revenge is beginning

I woke up and pushed the covers off of me, then I jumped off the bed and walked toward the door, I then opened it and walked out to the living room and sat down on the couch. Jeff was already up watching television and eating cereal.




“I’m going to go to Jessica’s house today, I’ll call you when I need to to pick us up.”



“Okay, but first you should eat.”



“Why?”



“Well, you don’t want to kill someone with an empty stomach.”



“Well with the person I’m going to kill, I think I can wait.”



“Alright then.”
I got up and left, I walked home and snuck in my house and went to my room, everyone was sleeping, I got dressed and left the house and went straight to Jessica’s house. When I got there I went to the door and knocked, “Just a minute!” I heard her yell. Then the door opened.





“Why are you here Dusk?”


“Just wanted to know if you would wanna hang out.”


“Like a date?”


“Yeah, like a date.”


“For the whole day?”


“Yes.” I said raising my voice a little getting angry.


“Okay, let me go get ready.” I thought to myself what to do for the day due to the reasoning that I'm going to kill her after all of this and I'm on the terms of wondering if this will be as easy as killing Mack. I led her outside after she came back and we went to a restaurant, we ate and laughed, but mine was a laugh of how much fun I was going to have.

I took her outside and I called Jeff, "Hey,come pick us up." I said, then he replied "Alright." I looked at Jessica and smirked, as Jeff pulled up I grabbed her and we got in the truck. I used a rag with a chemical on it to knock her out.

She woke up and tried to get out of the restraints we had put on her, and we turned the light on, right in front of her was Mack's rotting body. She screamed, I slapped her, "Shut up!" "Why are you doing this?" "Why because you broke my heart and now I'm going to break yours." "Dusk, please, don't do this." "It's to late now." I grabbed a knife Jeff had brought and held her head back with y hand, then used the knife to cut her shirt. "Guess what I'll be taking after your tortured." "I don't know, what?" "Your heart." I whispered in her ear. I cut her arms and her chest, I then grabbed lemon juice we had prepared, and grabbed a cloth and put the juice on her cuts, she screamed in pain, and tears formed in her eyes.

I then grabbed a needle and forced her head back and forced her eyes open and stuck the needles right in the center of her pupils, she screamed in pain, I laughed and pulled the needles out slowly, her eyes bleed and jell came out. I grabbed the knife again and cut her tongue out. "Jessica, feel the knife, I want you to kill yourself,don't think about it just do it." She held the knife and I guided it to her chest. I purposely forced the knife in her chest and kept hitting her sternum until it broke then cut her chest open and ripped her heart out, "I thought you wanted her to kill herself?" asked Jeff, "She took to long, she needed to die, now lets go home and pick another victim.

My name is Dusk
I have a twin sister
her name is Dawn
You're next on my list



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.