Silence Must Be Broken | Teen Ink

Silence Must Be Broken

January 3, 2014
By catieb1112 GOLD, shelton, Connecticut
More by this author
catieb1112 GOLD, Shelton, Connecticut
16 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful.


In the year 1736, numerous countries were ruled under the monarch powers. From England, to Spain, to France and beyond. Affairs happened between the countries. Fights started. Wars also erupted. Families were torn apart. Everyone tried to keep everything quiet, to keep everything in secrecy. Most of the time it did not work. Rumors started, investigations went on, and monarchy was just not working anymore. One of the most famous affairs during the 18th century was with Spain and France.

King Pablo Lopez of Spain had an affair with the Queen Alanette of France. Pablo was married at the time to his wife Josefina. Josefina divorced her husband and ended up dying of a broken heart. This resulted in Alanette bearing a child nine months later. The scandal of the affair went on for years after the birth of Rosalina Celicia Lopez. The media would not leave both families alone. It got to the point where one of Pablo’s security guards shot one of the news people that stalked them daily.

King Pablo and Alanette did not want anything to do with their daughter, so they gave her up for adoption at the age of two. Since Rosalina did live her father for two years. Spain considered her the princess of Spain, because Josefina could not bear a child due to medical reasons. After she was adopted, she lived with another family. Rosalina ended up killing herself because she felt misunderstood that no one believed she was royalty. Years after her adoptive family died. Three separate families; O’Hare’s in the 1700’s, George’s in the early 1850’s, O’Brien’s in the 1940’s. All three of these families moved into the house in Madrid, Spain. Now in the year 2013, the house is abandoned and is prone to teenagers throwing parties all the time throughout the year.

A loving and caring family, the O’Hare’s adopted the princess, but they did not know her past and that she was originally a princess. Rosa was a beautiful child. She had platinum blonde hair that went to her shoulders. With her crystal blue eyes and her voluptuous lips were the eye candy of every guy her age. Rosa loved to wear tons of black mascara and reddish-pink lipstick. She loved the color gray, and wore a gray gown almost every day of her life. The gown had no straps and hugged her body and went out into a full skirt at the bottom. Rosa loved to play dress up as well. She dreamt of being a princess every day and every night. Rosa always wore gray gloves; they easily got dirty after a while because she never washed them. These gloves were from her mother Alanette which she remembers hazily. Rosa always had a love for red roses and always had some in her room. When she was not in her room, she carried them around grasping them against her chest. Mr. and Mrs. O’Hare called her Rosa because they had trouble pronouncing her name correctly.

The O’Hare’s were fortunate to have well-paying jobs and to be able to afford the two story house in Madrid. It is located near Plaza Mayor. The house’s color is a lovely bronzed brown with no shudders. Completely made out of wood, it is a custom made house. The house, located in Madrid, was surrounded by houses in a small neighborhood. The neighborhood housed many important people, including the mayor, the doctor, and lawyers. Each house had about two acres of land, and had long driveways that were half a mile long. It is not big but it is not tiny, including the basement the house is a total of 3500 square feet. There are four majestic columns holding the second floor to the first. There is no balcony or flowers outside the windows. The house is quite inviting with a welcome mat outside the front door. The windows are square shaped, but also a square shaped and a half circle window is located in the middle of the second floor. The roof is also ends at a point which gives an effect of it being taller than it is. The house has a basement also. The basement is quite big, taking up about 1,000 square feet of the house. The basement was completely furnished with wood floors, but the ceiling was just wooden beams.

The O’Hare’s were quite known in Madrid. Mrs. O’Hare or Lynda is a well-known beautician in the area. With her tall stature, and her long blonde hair, guys are drawn to her like a magnet. Lynda has long blonde layered hair that frames her face at a point. Her face has no blemish or spot that would ruin her complexion. She loved to wear this blue gown that was a halter top and framed her body just right. It had sparkles on the top half of the dress and ruffles at the bottom. Mr. O’Hare was also a ladies man. But he loved his wife and would never cheat on his wife Lynda. Mr. O’Hare or Rob was six feet tall and very physically fit. He was not bulky, but he had muscle. He had dark brown hair and always shaved off his facial hair. He had green eyes that were almond shaped and everyone just drooled over him. He was the most recognized lawyer in the town of Valencia, Spain. When he moved to Madrid, he met his now wife Lynda at her own Salon “El Pelo Guapo”.

The O’Hare’s threw a numerous amount of gatherings in the basement. They invited family from the United States and different European countries as well. Mrs. O’Hare was quite known for her great parties. She hires tons of entertainers for the adults and the children as well. For the adults, she invites comedians and story-tellers. The children get a magician who fascinates the children with tricks of all different sorts.

Years went on, and Rosa was falling apart emotionally and physically. Being homeschooled, Rosa did not have many friends. Her only friend was Samantha. Samantha lived next door to them in the Mansion that looks like the White House but the color brown and made of wood. Rosa became depressed after Samantha moved away to another city in Spain. Rosa mostly spent her time in her room. She cried every day and did not want anybody to console her. She felt misunderstood on how she longs to be a princess. She kept hearing stories about how a child with her name was adopted by a family in Madrid Spain. So she researched it at the town hall, she found out about the affair and her adoption papers. This made her even more upset…

How can they not like me? What did I ever do to them to make them not want me? Maybe I am just a bad child. No one deserves to see me alive anymore. I’ll just kill myself later tonight when no one is home. I saw a rope in the basement the other day… I will just hang myself. Then they will want me!!! But who will go to the funeral or the wake? No One. No one gives a damn about Rosalina Celicia Lopez!... oh look at the bird outside the window… Wait where was I? Oh yeah suicide… Should I do it? Or not… that’s the question .Rosa did not like people who treated her poorly. She made sure people heard her when she was pissed off.

One day in mid-September in the year of 1756 when she had enough of all this stress and being misunderstood. She decided that today was the day that she would hang herself. The hanging was very disturbing and gruesome. That day, Lynda and Rob threw another party for their 25th wedding anniversary. Before everyone arrived to the party, Rob discovered something quite horrific. Rosa was floating there. Her dead body held by a single rope tied around her neck. But that was not the only thing that she did. There was blood all over the floor from her cutting her neck before she hung herself. There was a illegible note on the floor. The only words that Rob made out were: “I will seek revenge on whoever disturbs my past and this house once I am gone!” Rob screamed and yelled for Lynda: “LYNDA!!! LYNDA!!! COME DOWN HERE! While sobbing Lynda ran downstairs as fast as she could. But Lynda tripped down the wooden stairs, broke her neck, fell on top of Rob and they both died instantly.

When the party started and everyone showed up. No one knew what had happened. All they saw was three dead people downstairs in the basement. Since forensics was not available back then. They decided that it was a triple suicide. Even without sufficient evidence to prove that the parents did not kill themselves. The mess was cleaned up but Rosa haunted the house for eternity. She sought revenge on whoever disturbs the house and her past. She made sure that they will be scarred for life, or that they are dead before they moved out. Years went on and the house remained empty till the early 1850’s when the George Family moved in.

The abandoned house of the O’Hare’s was renovated. The broken windows were fixed, and a chimney was added. The chimney was torn down years later because they wanted it to be the house how it was originally how it was built. Oh! Look at the beautiful house mommy! said Sammy George. The George family was the classic family. They had jobs, horse and buggy, and money.

Mr. George also known as Bobby George was a famous Doctor in Madrid. Bobby had jet black hair and he was also a bodybuilder. He had big muscles and worked out every day of the week. Bobby had blue eyes that resembled the color of the ocean. Bobby had a wife and two children. Bobby’s wife, Lisa was only five feet 4 inches. She had red hair, and aqua blue eyes. She was very skinny and had very little muscle. Her skin had freckles and she resembled “Wendy” from the fast food restaurant. Bobby and Lisa had two little girls. They were twins born in 1858. The twins looked exactly like each other. They had dark brown hair, very skinny, blue eyes and freckles. The only way to tell the twins from each other was a birthmark on one of the girl’s cheeks. The girl with the birthmark is named Emily. The other twin is named Sammy, which is short for Samantha.

The parents had both very good jobs. The father worked for the local hospital five days a week, then he took house calls on the weekend. The father traveled all over the world teaching interns and students the medical ways. The father loved writing in a journal on the road and writing down his thoughts always helped de-stress him. I always liked the medical profession Mr. George thinking to himself. I love helping people… it makes me happy to see me work miracles. Even though not everyone lives from the diseases. Some are very fortunate to have a doctor like me help them out… What would the medical profession do without me??? Everyone loves me. Duh. My children should follow my path into the medical profession… they can raise great families, have beautiful children, and the most important one... Make Money.

The George’s were a religious family; they went to church every Sunday. They volunteered their time to help out the homeless people. They donated money to many charities. They helped build houses for the poor. Most of all, the husband did not charge for poor patients who are terminally ill. The family prayed every day, before every meal and before they went to bed. They fasted once a week on only bread and water. Everybody in Madrid wanted to be like the George’s. On the outside they seem perfect, but there were many things behind the scene that no one else knew about. The parents fought a lot and argued all the time. The children spent all of their time in their rooms.

The George’s resembled the O’Hare’s in some ways. The Georges also threw parties once a month. They used the finished basement for a party room, which includes video games of the century and a homemade pool table. The wooden beams are still there as the ceiling. No one knows why each family kept the wooden beams for the ceiling. Each family had a liking towards it. The liking could not be explained but they just wanted it like that.

In their teens, Sammy had a gift that she never told anyone about. She saw Rosa and talked to her all the time. Bobby and Lisa thought Sammy was just “talking to her own self”. Sammy was actually talking to Rosa and becoming her friend. Sammy reminded Rosa of Samantha before Samantha moved away. Sammy tried to tell her sister Emily of her gift. Emily did not believe her. Samantha thought to herself all the time What would it be like if I was not alive? No one understands me and my wonderful gift… What if I killed myself? Sammy did not know that Rosa was influencing her to kill herself. Before the George’s moved into the house, Sammy was a happy girl. She played soccer, girl scouts, and volunteered all the time. Now Sammy stays indoors, in her room, talking to only Rosa.

Sammy changed her whole look and her social status in school. Sammy dyed her hair jet black like her fathers. She wore dark colored clothes, and listened to bands that worshipped Satan. She distanced herself greatly from her friends and let each of them go so quickly. Emily was not influence by Rosa. Emily called Sammy crazy that she talked to ghosts and that Sammy was muy loco. Sammy was practicing the Satanist religion behind her family’s backs. She used voodoo dolls to torture her family and friends. They worked some days but didn’t work some days too.

Sammy got in trouble a lot at school. She was misbehaving and not doing what she was supposed to in class. She skipped class all the time, she failed tests and just did not care anymore. One day, the teacher asked the parents to come in to talk to them about Sammy. What is wrong with our Sammy? Is everything okay with her? The parents asked the teacher. I am afraid that Sammy is failing every class. Has something been happening at home? Has she changed? The teacher asked the parents. She has changed since we moved into our new house… is she actually right about the ghost in the house? We should have believed her! Damnit Bobby!! We should have believed our own child! The teacher sighed and started speaking I believe that Sammy is possessed by this “Ghost” she has been talking about. She was such a sweet girl, and once you moved into the new house, she went downhill. I think we should do an exorcism on her.



The George’s agreed on doing an exorcism on Sammy. Not knowing that it would end tragically in her death. When the priest started blessing the child and started praying. Rosa came out of hiding and attacked everyone in the room. This included the priest, Bobby, Lisa and Sammy. Emily happened to be in school at the time. When Emily heard of the tragic accident, she was so upset that she just did not want to live anymore. But she knew she could not die by killing herself. So Emily moved to another country and lived under a new name. No one has heard of her since she moved.

Families moved in and out of the house so quickly that it was hard keeping track of them. Numerous murders and suicides occurred at this house in Madrid. But families kept on moving in to see if all of these reports were true! Numerous reports of hauntings showered the house as it was raining in the rainforest. Most of the reports included a girl. Many psychics believed her name was Rosa, or Rose, something with an R.

These hauntings included many things. The number one occurrence was the noises occurring throughout the house. You can hear little girls screaming and crying. You can hear a mother sobbing in the basement. You can also hear a father screaming out for Lynda. But the creepiest occurrence was when a little girl named Sophie saw a girl hanging for the wooden beams in the basement.

Haunting each family that lived in the house, many described the girl as a teenager, blonde hair, and black mascara running down her face, and red lipstick that is smudged around the mouth. The girl was reported as wearing a gray gown, and dirty gray gloves that went to her elbow. But there was also another ghost reported by Lisa George. No one else reported seeing another ghost in the house. So most people disregarded her statement of another ghost living in the house in Madrid.

Not all of these occurrences were bad though. There were some good things that happened out of the house. The most common one is that roses appeared out of nowhere. They appeared in the more random places. The George’s reported finding roses in the bathroom, in bedroom drawers and mostly in the children’s room.

Scientists of the time and historians tried to figure out what had exactly happened in the house. Even with many stories handed down, and articles. Psychics from numerous countries were invited to try to figure out what had exactly happened. No one could figure out anything besides this. A girl committed suicide in the basement and her mother and father died in a tragic accident when they discovered their daughter hanging from the ceiling.

The O’Brien’s had the hauntings the least out of the all the families that lived in the house in Madrid. Mike and his wife were the only people who lived in that house. They thought about having kids. But medically complications would not let Jane bear any children. They were devastated but they knew it was not the end of the world.

He was the mayor of the town for a while until he got into a car accident in May of 1942. The accident report states that someone cut off Mike on the highway at the time and he lost control of his car and he swerved into a tree. The ambulance of the time came to the scene of the accident and the took him to the hospital. The car cut off the nerves to his legs. The accident resulted in his being paralyzed from the waist down. His wife was fortunate not to be in the car at the time of the accident. His wife was a therapist; she helped out troubled and suicidal teenagers in the city of Madrid.

The O’Brien’s were a loving family. Mike donated money all the time; he volunteered to build houses, etc. The town of Madrid loved Mike. Mike had blonde hair, chubby, short stature, and he had a birthmark that looked like a pea on the side of his face on his right cheek. He only was five foot six inches and he was two hundred pounds. He was very charismatic and he was very funny. He always told jokes to cheer everyone up and kept the city loving him for over 10 years. Jane, his wife, was a mother-figure to many people. Especially to her patients. Jane had dark brown hair, green eyes and looked almost like Mary the mother of Jesus. She had a very warm heart, and she was very generous. She cared about others before she cared about her own self.

Due to the numerous reports of a girl named Rosa in the house. The O’Brien’s made sure the house was very welcomed to her presence. Jane made the children’s room, a room for Rosa. She put flowers around the house. She talked to Rosa, made sure that Rosa was heard and that she was not ignored. They had children’s clothes, toothbrushes, and a bed, everything you can think of. Rosa was not going to be ignored in the O’Brien household.

The ghost of Rosa appreciated the loving and kindness that Jane was giving her. Rosa made sure that Jane was protected from everything. Rosa protected her from Mike when he was being mean and starting fights with Jane. Rosa has attacked Mike a couple of times. She scratched his back once till it bled, bit him, and threw different objects at him. She attacked him before his accident.

After the accident, the O’Brien’s had to move from the house in Madrid. It was too hard for Mike to move around in the house because his room is on the second floor. They did not have technology to carry mike upstairs. Jane and their caregiver had to carry Mike upstairs to put him into bed. Rosa tried to keep the O’Brien’s in the house as long as possible, she would hold the doors shut and put stuff against the door (chairs, dressers, etc.). Jane did not want to leave the house, but she knew that it was the best thing to do for her husband of 30 years.

Days before they were going to move in 1975. Jane heard a high pitch scream coming from the basement. Praying that nothing happened to her husband. She started running as fast as she could. When she reached the door, she saw an empty wheelchair next to the basement door. Oh god! Jane thought to herself… please God don’t let it be him… I have done so much. I pay the damn bills and take care of the house. Why does this always have to happen to me?! F Me!*insert swear words”

When she reached the bottom of the stairs, she was stunned by what she saw. Right there on the ground was a puddle of blood on the ground. Where did the blood come from? Mike is not here... how did that appear out of nowhere? But there was no one there. Not knowing that that blood is from the O’Hare’s when the wife fell down the stairs on top of her husband. Thanking God that it was not her husband dead. She went upstairs relieved.

When she reached the top. Rosa jumped out and scared Jane. Jane fell down the stairs. She screamed so loudly that the neighbors down the street heard. When Jane reached the bottom, she broke her neck and died. She mysteriously landed in the same exact spot as where Mrs. O’Hare died. So when the neighbors found her, they just thought that she fell down the stairs because she tripped over the empty wheelchair in front of the stairs.

After the O’Brien’s, the house remains vacant till this very day. But that doesn’t stop college kids and teenagers from throwing parties in the house. Since about the year 2000. Kids from all over Madrid come to this house just to throw parties. Kids now do not believe what actually happened in the house. Every couple of years, there are always stories about kids going missing from the house. Somehow they end up dead.

One of the most famous stories in the house was in 2012. College kids from University of Madrid threw one of the biggest parties ever in the school’s history. Five kids from the University read about the parties and decided to throw the biggest one yet. So they did. The house was broken down, cobwebs everywhere, windows broken and the roof is caving in. The students did not care how broken the house is. All they cared about was the massive party that is about to be thrown.

It took months of planning the perfect party. The drinks, the balloons, the DJ, the drinking games, etc. were all set up for this party. The flew in Pauly D all the way in from the United States, and even Eminem wanted to join in on this party. More and more celebrities wanted to go to this party that everyone is hearing about. The guest list was huge, at least 500 people were invited. Only about 250 went though, including celebrities: Eminem, Pauly D, Christina Aguilera, and Fergie.

The party was on the weekend of the 15th of November. The party started at about 8 p.m. and ended after 5 a.m. The music was loud and the dancing was crazy. So many kids were drunk and did not care for what would happen. Rosa was not happy with this party going on at her own house. So she decided to seek revenge for all the kids who give her distress. This was almost every kid in the party.

All the teens surrounded the house outside and inside on the first and second floor. No one could get the basement door open. It is locked and boarded with wood, so that no one goes downstairs. Kids danced in the bathrooms, the kitchen counters to the roof, everywhere. Somehow the cops were not called till the fatal accident.

No one would know what would happen next. The party went on for a couple of hours, and it seemed that kids were slowly disappearing. It went from 250 people to about 50 people. All of the sudden… terror and the shrieks surrounded the house. The music came to sudden stop. Where did everyone go? A girl thinks to herself. Why am I like the only like person left in this house? Did everyone leave or like something? Man.. I am so fricken drunk right now. Like ooohhhhh myy gooodddddd!! PARTY!!!

The girl stumbles downstairs into the basement and drops her drink on the ground. Her mouth wide open from what she has stumbled upon. The basement is filled with over two hundred kids, hanging off of the wooden beams. All of them are dead. Their eyes are out of their heads, and their brains are showing. This was Rosa’s last haunting and she made it memorable. She wanted to be heard, and she is not silent anymore.

Months after the party, many scientists and historians researched the house once again. They could not come to a conclusion of what or who was haunting the house. Psychics were brought in once again, and concluded that the ghost of the teenage girl named Rosa is now at peace. She is now at peace with herself and has moved to the other side. We do not know if she went to hell, or heaven or even purgatory. But we know that she will not haunt Madrid anymore.

After this party, people began to petition the demolition of this house. With over two hundred fifty thousand signatures. City council decided that it would be in everyone’s best interest if the house was demolished. In March of 2013, a wrecking ball smashed the house into bits and pieces. Rosa has not been heard of or seen since the party. She has sought revenge, and now she is happy.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.