The Big Secret | Teen Ink

The Big Secret

December 18, 2013
By DLacy, San diego, California
More by this author
DLacy, San Diego, California
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

1

Rushing cars went by while I just sat there inside of what was left of a demolished SUV. I look around and see no movement coming from my parents as if they were paralyzed, blood rushing done from my head cover my vision of what I thought was rushing life. Suddenly I was yanked out of my sit and everything went blank then swallowed by darkness. I woke up crowded by mystery books and sweat all over my bed. I get up quickly, trying not to realize what had just happen in my dreams.Rushing down stairs seeming like my life depended on it because to me it actually did.I couldn’t miss my favorite show Quest.

“Devine where are you running off too,” said by my overprotected grandmother.

“No where important just down stairs to watch my favorite show!”

“Come here please,” I skimmed over as fast as could opening her door. She was covered in purple covers and fine lint cloth she said are you okay I heard you talking in your sleep again.

“Im fine really all I want to do is just watch my show.”

“Okay you go on.”

Excited as come be I ran downstairs to watch my show knocking down anything that came in my way.”Don’t forget Misty is coming over today.”

”Okay!”

After a three hour long marathon of Quest I was completely brain dead in couldn’t even tell time. Hearing footsteps coming downstairs I see my grandma all dress up for the day like usual with her pink flower dress that so she said compliments her eye and her dangerous figure.

”What are you doing just sitting there in your pajamas you know that you're having company this afternoon.”

“Now get your but upstairs right now and take a shower you smell like a wet dog and your odor is overtaking the house.”

Without making a snooty comeback I do what I was told and get in the shower. The thing about our shower is we always had cooled water every morning throughout the week we rarely get hot water when the regulator wanted to work. I hope in thinking what is to come about my day would be something big or something so drastic. I tell myself I have nothing to fear that nothing bad would ever happen, but its crazy I said the same thing when my parents were living.

Coming out the bathroom with my usual look with a blue polo shirt,dark blue jeans and with my favorite black nike socks.I pretty tall about 5’10 and handsome the lady go crazy over me. Mystery and suspense is my thing I can fan out possible outcomes,reactions, and other leading causes that may die out a story. My parents used to think I was obsessed with mystery well I would have to agree with them, I was in pretty deep and there isn’t any going back.

I smell something delicious chocolate chip pancakes with the side of eggs, sausage. I was so happy I came down stairs with excitement and my desperate tummy rumbling looked at the kitchen dining table and say a mini buffet fit for two with all my favorite breakfast food. I sit at the table and began to chow down stuffing my mouth looking like I could fit a cow in there. “SLAP!” “Awww what was that for?” I said angry toward my grandma.

“You know you’re not supposed to eat without saying your grace” said my grandma pridefully.

“God is great god is good thank you for the food Amen,” “Happy I said it.

“Yes this is how its supposed to be around here.” After I got done eating right out of nowhere my grams says.

“ I need you to go down to the market and get me a few things for tonights dinner here’s the list, tell Sammy to put on my tabbe.”

It read ground beef, spaghetti, parsley, spaghetti mix and juice. “Okay I’m heading out right now.”

I grab my shoes and go out the front door and head toward the neighborhood marketplace. My town is pretty torn up and reckless beyond measure. At this time are town is in economic down hill where not getting as much money as we did years ago as my grandma says. Where the only ones kinda still holding on, due to my great grandfather he invested a lot in this town and are family is still getting benefit shall money.

Finally I was close to the market everyone in town came here and got everything they needed. I walked in and saw mostly everything empty food sections and natural products that they sold. Luckily they still had what I need to get for my grams. I reached the cash register and there only about two people in line. It took them forever since they were very old so they maneuvered very slow, But Sammy the cashier he was a quick thinker he hoped over and helped them and in no time they were out the door waving good bye. It but my stuff on the counter, Sammy said “ looks like your grandma is making her famous southern family spaghetti dish isn't she”.

“Yeah,” I agreed.” She makes every so often when she is in the mood.

“Do you want me to put this down here tap today”

“yes please!”

I grab the groceries and begin to walk toward the door but before I left I said thankyou.

“Thanks for stopping by,” Sammy said happily.
Every time you would come around this place you can’t help but be happy because Sammy has that kinda affect on you. While walking home I being to dream how the town should look with my point of view. Green grass everywhere with the sweet smell of nature with the pleasant sound of laughter and the feel of safety. Knowing that nothing is wrong and the town is in good hands.

2

Walking into the house around two o’clock drained from the walk I plot down on the sofa while untying my shows and then throwing them to the ground. I remember when I was little my mother and father while I was just a child at home in Chico,California. My parents were tucking me into bed, I was pretty upset because my father and mother had to leave for the weekend. They left me with a babysitter that I really didn’t have the care for at all. My parents usually leave every other weekend by plane and fly out to Newtown for some really important meeting but I never seen to find out what its about because they would always keep me in the dark.

“Ding dong,” “Ding dong!” I woke up in curiosity of who was at the front door ironically it was Misty of course. I open it up and right away she says “well took you long enough I was waiting out here for ever how long does it take to open a door.”

“Not long enough,” I said sarcastically.

“Well, what have you been doing all day?”

“Nothing really just quick errands for my grams and a little bit of Quest my favorite tv show.”

“You and that tv show you're so obsessed you have been watching that show for like years now,” she said uncontrollably.

“I’m not that obsessed I could stop anytime I want you know it doesn't control me.”

My grandmother comes walking down stairs eavesdropping, she always tries to get involved with young teen conversations. I think she does it because it makes her feel younger and so she says hip.

“So what are you young folks talking about know I heard your yip yapping all the way upstairs,” she said perky as come be.

“ O hi Miss Lea we were just talking about Devine’s great big obsession on his so called spectacular show called Quest,” Misty commented.

“O yeah that show I could never keep that boy away from his love of mystery,” “Tried one day but everything he did throughout the day was in sorrow and pain like if he really was missing a part of him.”

“Ever since then I planned to leave him alone on saturday mornings,” she said with a little aggravation.

“I was thinking misty want to head to the park today or something.”

“Sure!” she said kinda worried.

“So grams can we go?”

“Sure dear just be back by 8 o'clock,” she said.

“Okay!”

Not to very long we were out the door on are way to the neighborhood park where all the young teens hanged out when they were in need of escape. It took us not as long as usual to get there because I was nagging Misty to speed walk quickly because she didn’t want to run the whole way. Some times she could be a lazy girl when she is in her little mood. We rush to the swings because those are our favorite things to go on. In the process of running we knocked over a couple of little kids we barely heard the agitated sound of the concerned parents we were in the zone. We got there with a immense “PLOP” the swing set almost wrecked.

“Why are we here Devine?” “What do you want to talk about now?” Misty complained.

“Hey, just calm down.”

“Everytime we come to this place you always have a interesting but sort of dangerous plan to get us into trouble.”

“I do not!” “My plans are entertaining and enjoyable,” I interrupted.

“Well maybe for you not so much me”

“Hear me out?” “Come on, Let me explain?”

“Alright,”Misty muttered.

“Well I was thinking about heading toward the forbidden forest one night just to go check it out.”

“Ever so often at night I hear some clamor thats so unpleasing it wakes me out of my sleep.”

“So I thought you and I could go check it out one night. “Does it sound good?”

“No, I Don’t know it doesn't seem right.” “Everyone knows that forest is forbidden and no one is allowed to go within the barbed wire fences.”

“I know its trespassing but something is just calling me to go check it out!” I exclaimed.

“Okay.” she said worried. `“Only for a few hours maybe next week on a Friday we could go because my parents are off on a trip by then.”

Misty’s and I have just taken the first step of our adventure to discover something we may or may not be ready for.Lets hope that are courage over weighs are fear.

“Its getting late do you want to walk back to my house so you can get picked up by your parents.”

“Sure sounds good.”

We got home a minute before 8 o’clock just in the nick of time before my grams gets worried and goes out looking for me in this death defying cold weather.

“So how was your day at the neighborhood park.” my grandmother said.



“Pretty good!” I said energetically.

I nudged Misty to say something so my grandmother wouldn’t look suspicious of and thing we might of done or said. I don’t know what’s up with my grandmother but she has this sense of knowing when something seems like crap. Same thing when my mother was alive I guess its a motherly thing they both have going on or something.

“O yeah, it was fantastic!”Misty said with her fake smile.

“Hmmmm,” Grams said

Honk Honk went the sound of a car outside pulled in front of our house.

“That must be my parents bye you guys, see you later” misty said while giving my grandmother a hug.

I leaned into her real quick before she left and gave her a hug and whispered in her ear and said, “ Please Misty just keep an open mind.”

I eased off of here because she was holding on pretty tight like if she was enjoying the hug I gave her maybe she hasn’t had on for a long time. As she left out the door I walked to go sit down on the couch. For some odd reason my grandmother was staring at me like I had something devious up my sleeve.

“What's wrong why are you looking at me like that?” I said while smiling.

“You and Misty have something going don’t you?” “How come you haven’t told me?” she said excitedly.

“No we don’t, What you say right there was just a hug.” “Isn’t that what you give to good friends?” I said as my voice went high.

“Hmmmmm” she mumbled disbelievingly.

“Alright I'm going to head off to bed make sure you don’t stay up all night and if you watch television don’t forget to turn it off.”

“Okay I will,” I said as she walked upstairs.

I turned to an old episode of Quest I couldn’t even really watch the show because I was too occupied on the concept of me and Misty going out it does it seem right at all. But lately she has been a lot more understanding than usual. Also she has a really pretty smile that lights up rooms and my eyes. Wait I can’t believe I’m talking about Misty this way right now while my favorite show is on.

Before I did or thought about anything else I put a timer on the TV so if I fell asleep in the process of watching my favorite show it would turn off.This episode is the one where detective Samuel Dirkens solves the mystery of the stolen jewels. I layed down on the couch to get more comfortable, while Mr.Dirkens caught the jewel thief in his secret lair. Moments later my eyes caved in and I was knocked out like a light.

Scaling into what felt like reality didn’t really seem like it at all I was in totally awe of what I was witnessing. It seem like a dark vague shadow of me finding a certain envelope that looked like a folded rusty old paper that had writing on it. It seem to say:

You are closer than it seems, take the dark

passage and see where it leads

don’t live in fear and terror

immense in happiness.

3

That dream last night was the most unusual thing that has ever happened to me. It appeared to be if the note was talking to me prophetically in way where it wanted to help me. I woke up snuggled into a cover that my grams obviously put on me while I was asleep, I don’t know say this much but I really appreciate here a lot she is the best grandmother I ever had. I raised up slowly to see what I could do for her this morning to show her that I care.

I was in deep, I made her favorite dishes that she created the first dish she called the “Little Teaser” which was just 4 meats and egg combo. She called it the little teaser because one summer when she was experimenting I was preparing for that long distance running meet so I had to lay back on the high level sugar and on various food. I told her stop teasing with all you cooking its making me hungry. So the rest is history. This next dish I prepared for her was called “Piece of Heaven.” It contained Giant buttermilk waffles that topped with whip cream and cherries also with the side of Oatmeal.

I set the dining room table as best as I could and placing her finest dinner plate occupied by the utensils that she loved. I heard footsteps coming from the stairs I hurried and placed the food on the table and not to forget her favorite drink orange juice.

“Devine what is that smell,” she said as she walked in the kitchen.

“Awwww this is ……… unbelievable,” she said in shock.

“I just wanted to show you how much I cared about you so I did this little breakfast.” I said in pride.

“Join me and eat this big buffet” she said, “you know I can’t eat this alone.”

She didn’t have to tell me twice I grabbed a plate out of the kitchen and sat down.

After that awesome meal we had I insisted that I wanted to do the dishes, I don’t know why I did it because I envy doing the dishes it like the worst thing ever. Later on that night my grandmother decided this weekend we would buy some movies and watch them as a movie night with alot of popcorn and candy and all that good stuff. Don’t worry ladies and gentlemen my grandma is only 54 she will be fine. She also mentioned about inviting Misty over as well to hang out and watch some movies too, that was fine with me.

My grandmother went to bed early that night she had to work tomorrow at 8:00 in the morning. She works in the city hall downtown she is a secretary for the town, she documents everything that happened in the town. Good thing I asked her if I could tag along, my plan was to dig up information up on the mysterious forbidden forest.

I was impressed with myself really investigating pulling out important information and letting my gut be my guide I was on a role. I decide to the same as my grandmother and go to bed early but an early bedtime for me was about 11 o’clock. Yeah I know that sounds bad but I just have this tendency to stay up at all night.

So I turn off the the living room lights and the television set and walk up quickly up the stairs I really didn’t seem comfortable in darkness. I reached my room before you new it with relief. I change into my Mountain Dew PJ’s with a stain on the back of them and then hopped into bed.

4

“Rise and shine,”“It’s time to get ready if you're going to attend work with me.”she said so chipper.

My grandmother sure as a thing for work it must be a blast for her when she goes on a daily bases when she is not on vacation. I rose out of my bed and saw her walk out of my room with this female suit that occupied her body really well she only dress like that when my grandfather was around somethings up. I’m glad I am going to work with her today because to be dressed like that I don’t know.

I slipt on some dark blue jeans with a button up shirt and a sweater its kinda chile outside. After that i did the necessary thing wash face, eat, and brush teeth the usual.Soon we were out the door, we left the house around 7:30 am and arrived to her job 20 minutes later. Let me be the first to say this enormous building looked amazing it had the front covered in green grass and some bushes of course and let not forget a path that seemed like it lead to heaven. It also had magnificent pillars and statues that were very life like other than the thought that they were gary.

When you walked in resembled a machine it had custom furniture for quest and many magazines. On the walls were writing engraved by the founders of the town and some by my own family members. In the center of the building it had a great water fountain that was about 13 feet. Other than that the smell of the place was pretty strong like the scent of pine sol really didn't suit me i liked my ideal smell.

My Grandmother lead me to her work space which was on the top floor (in the big leagues I’m really proud of here). She open the doors of her office and sitting in her chair was a man named Kent Benly a Real fishy name I suppose. My grandmothers eye lightened up when she saw him.

“Ohh Kent what a surprise” she said high pitched.

“You knew I was coming to town I told you over the phone” He said melo toned.

Thats why she went to bed pretty early to talk on the phone all night to this sketchy freak.

“This is my grandson Devine”

“O yeah this is Devine the young striving detective”

“Nice to meet you” I said with a weak smerk.

“Well I just wanted to stop by and maybe catch up later” Kent said.

Perfect this could be my only chance to uncover some info about the forbidden forest. Me thinking fast and smart I mentioned and very appealing idea that suits both of them.

“Well that sounds great,” hey grandma maybe you can take your friend around and talk a little bit more before you guys see each other again?” I said persuasively

“Thats sounds great Lea.” “what do you say?”

“Sure that would be great.” “We will be back in a while Devine you sit tight my computer is on my desk if you get bored log on to guest not anything else you hear me.” She said assertively.

“Okay I will.”

As soon as they both walked out of the room I looked through all her cabinets, drawers, and compartments hoping to find something helpful but nothing. Then I realize information collected from the town would be to much to contain in files so I thought of the computer it can hold endless info from anything. I blob in my grams chair as fast as I could and turned on here apple computer. I saw three different users you could log into guest, personal, and job officiated. With a quick impulse I clicked job officiated. I was fastly shut down when the computer asked for a password.

Trying all the relevant things like my dad’s name Derek Webster, my mom’s name Samantha Webster.How could I be so stupid it had to be my name she loves to much so I entered my name and was welcomed in. I opened important files that were labeled town sites and I saw a search engine so I typed in forbidden forest. There it was a picture of the forest covered by barbed wire and a sign that said keep out. I clicked a link that said background and there it was a page or more info about the forest.

It talked about how four historical explores that help get this town on solid ground and made it known throughout california. The explores embarked on something great a mine full of rubies and diamonds and other various jewels. In months the explores hired miners and they began to extract all they could find. Soon there was a earthquake and one of the obsessed miners named Lex Strike couldn’t let go of the many discovers he and the others made he stayed behind and was crushed and buried in the rubble.

Okay background info on the explores and that particular miner it said……

“Man I hear footsteps coming I got to get out of this,” I whispered to myself.

I exited out of all the links and various files I had open and quickly log out of that user into another. The nob began to turn lucky this computer had good processing speed and allowed me to log into guest. Soon I see my Grams and her friend the way they looked at each other got me worried. One that caught my eye was a folder that read top secret on it.

“So what you been up too honey,” Grams said interested.

“Nothing I was about to just play internet games you know, I said a little nervous.”

“O okay but you're going to have to get off because I have to file a couple things.”

I gradually got up and moved away from the computer hoping I didn’t mess anything up at all. My grams sat down slowly making sure everything was in place while I on the other hand sat down on the coach praying that nothing goes wrong.

“Devine if you're hungry you can go down the block and get a slice of pizza just make sure you just look both ways before you cross the street and don’t talk to strangers.” She exaggerated.

“Grams I’m sixteen I’m capable of walking down the street to get a slice of pizza,” I said annoyed.

I get the money and walk out the room and take the elevator with all of the other busy workers. As I stand there crammed by many briefcases I wonder why my grams was trying to get me from the two of them by sending me off to eat. Finally reaching the lobby I roughly slice my way out of the way of the pack animals rushing in to go to the top floor. I get out side the building and went on my way to the nearest pizza shop by the name of Pizza King.

5

My stomach was growling as I inhaled the marvelous smell of the freshing cooked pizza. I was pretty lucky I bet the lunch rush because usually around that time it is packed like no other and you could barely get in literally the line is outside. I come to the registrar and order a slice of pepperoni pizza the nice lady smiled and said coming right up she told the man in the back slice of pizza special. She was pretty nice she gave me a two breadsticks and something to drink. More than what I really payed for.

I picked a seat in the front of the shop where I was visible to the busy streets of downtown. I tried my best to eat as slow as I could so I could give all the time my grams needed so she wouldn't send somewhere else. I picked up the leftover scraps I left behind like I was raised but to also please the young lady at the registrar. Once again I went walking to my destinations man I seriously need a car this is ridiculous. As soon as I walk into the building things are totally different people are tired and drained it was lunch time maybe they needed some energy. I took the elevator again what a terror same thing happen to me like last time.

I walked into my grandmothers office and saw that her lovely friend had left. I look over to my grams and see her in her zone typing away all that she had in that folder that seemed very important.

“Where is your friend?” I said.

“He had to go on a couple earns he said he will pick me up tonight at my house around 8 o'clock to go somewhere.”

“What….. grams I think you're not ready to be dating again since.. I paused

“I know your grandfather died but I think it is time for me to move on its been 5 years,” she said.

“But grams,” I winned

“No buts its final you can not tell me what I can and can't do I’m 56 years old,” She yelled.

I can’t believe this my grandmother was going out with some weirdo that she meet ages ago I don’t think thats right. I remember the good old times where I used to spend the night at my grandmother and grandfather's house and we would watch movies and play cool games that when I was around the age of 10. It didn’t seem so long ago when those many things would happen. Snapping back into reality I notice my grandmother had been packing up her stuff seemed like her and I were going home early today.

“Where are you going,” I asked

Well I decided that we should go home early since I have plans,” She said while grabbing her purse.

“It’s only 3 o’clock you get off in 2 more hours can’t you just stick it out,” I said eagerly.

“I know thats why we are leaving,” “Let’s go please.”

I got off of my seat and walked out disappointed my chance to see what was in that file was lost. So much more information that I would have been able to recover. It didn’t take us that long to get out of city hall because my grams took the executive elevator instead of the employee's one. We got my gram red nissan and hopped in and where off back to our house.

After what felt like hours of driving due to the awkward silence we finally pulled right in front of the house. I open my door and walked the way to the house waiting for my gram to open the door once we got in I quickly went upstairs with a disappointed look on my face. I opened my room door and plopped on my bed and went straight to sleep.

6

Waking up to the smell of pine sol is not so dandy as my grandmother seems clean surrounded the air. I slowly get up and walk down stairs and find that the house is spotless everything looked great. I guess my grams is feeling pretty good after the discouraging argument we had at her job.

“You’re diner is in the refrigerator wrapped in surround wrap its chicken,corn bread,beans and spinach.”

I got to go on a couple of earns I will be back around 7 o’clock don’t mess the house, She said as she slammed the door.

Once again I was alone in a over cleaned house that was beginning to suffocate me with all the different smells. I came to the living room and sat on the couch and turned on the television and watch another detective show that I liked alot but not as much as quest it was Scoopy Doo. Everything about this show was perfect and nothing was wrong with it was appealing to me.

I called Misty to let her know about the information that I got from my grandmother computer at her job. She was completely shocked as well as I was. She told me that you should go back and get what you can on the 4 explores where and that one miner that darling stayed behind. I asked her if she was able to come over to talk and hang out for a while but she was busy and stuck at home with her nanny for some reason but she said maybe some other day.

Hours later my grandmother came in to the door and hurried to her room to get more freshed up for her date tonight with Kent her sooned to be knew man. I can’t believe she is going out with this guy he doesn't seem like her type as all. She stayed in her room for a while like she was trying to avoid me and try to trick me into saying sorry for something that was true. In the back of my mind I agree with her I did have no right of telling her who she couldn’t date because she is her own person.

I gradually made my way to her bedroom and knocked on her door. She said come in. I raced in and went to were she sat down on the edge of her bed. I looked at her face and saw that she didn’t like the fact that we were fighting. I hugged her.

“I’m sorry for treating you that way,” I had no right to make you feel bad that you're moving on.”

“I should embrace the fact that you're moving on,” I said weary

“I sorry for not telling you before everything happen” She said sobbing.

“I should sat you down and told you.”

I nodded and said, “yeah a heads up would have been helpful.”

We both began to laugh and stood up got back to normal old us loving each other without a doubt. I gave her another huge hug and left her room to let her get ready again because she cried out all her make up.

30 minutes later a doorbell rang it was Kent My grandma said if thats kent let him in. I said okay and walked to the door and saw nothing put tulips in the way of the man.

I said, “Come in please my grandmother is just getting ready.”

“Oh hi Devine,” he said with a smile.

“Well kent I just wanted to say sorry for treating you like dirt early today it wasn’t right.”

“It’s okay I would have done the same if some man came in my life to go out with my grandmother,” he said.

“In that case if you hurt my grandmother in any kind of way mentally, emotionally, and physically I will kill you trust me,” I said with a serious face

“You don’t have to worry about that at all nothing will happen,” He said confidently.

Foot steps came from the stairs, Kent and I turn toward them and look up and saw this magnificent young woman who was were a long red dress that and a black little coat. Wow this woman no longer look like my grandmother she resembled someone I held dear.

“You look…,” I paused.

“Great,” said Kent.

“You don’t look to bad either,” she committed.

“Are you ready to go,” he asked

“YES,” she said to Kent.

“Devine don't do anything crazy and don’t stay up too late I will be back around 10 o’clock,” she said happily.

“Okay,” I yelled as they walked out the door to Kents car.

7

This might be my only chance to really see for myself what's in the forbidden forest. I get all the supplies I might need just in case something gets in my way. I race outside and head to the shed where I got a flashlight and a pliers to cut the barbwires that cover to whole forest. Then I was off with all that I need as a really warm coat on to keep me from the cold conditions. IT took me about ten minutes to get to my destination. Like I thought there was no opens so I had to make one.

It take a while until the wires gave way and broke loose I made my way through the forest not knowing what I was looking for. An hour of searching and running still nothing found. I sit down by this huge tree that was illuminated by the moon. As I rested on the cooled ground I moved my foot over and accidently hit a root, That like it was covering something. I go over to the uprooted branch and see a pile of dirt I dig the pile and mysteriously I come across a rusty old box that looks a couple years old.

It look liked a key could open it but I didn't find a key where it was bared. I shook the box to find out if something was inside it sounded like the clashing of glass. I flipped the box upside down because a flap of the bottom cover was hanging out. I pulled out the folded paper hiding inside. When I opened it read……

Closer and Closer you get

now find what is left

Didn’t have time to crack any riddel I looked at the watch I had in my backpack it was my dads I got it for his birthday. I put the box back where I found it, but took the riddle with me so I could figure it out later. Running as fast as I could I came across the opening I made with the barbed wire and went through the hole.

I got home just in time it was 9:45, before getting inside I put away all the items I got out of the shed. After that I rushed inside hoping not to be surprised by grandmother.

“Devine where have you been I’ve been worried sick,” She shouted.

“Grandma…. I”

‘I don’t want to hear it,” she interrupted.

“Do you know I was about to call the police I thought my grandson was kidnapped,” “I can’t believe you did this,” She said.

“Go to your room now we will talk more in the morning.”

Shocked and sad as can be I walk slowly upstairs praying I don’t get a punishment too harsh. Think about the whole situation I think it was really stupid of me to go out on a journey when my grandmother wasn’t home. I should of waited until she got home and left while she was sleeping. I guess my eagerness got the best of me.



Sitting up on my disorganized bed I think about the whole situation last night. I remember the way my grandmother’s face looked when I came rushing through the backdoor. It almost made me freeze right in my tracks with a very concerned look on my face. If I could rewind the moment when I thought about leaving the house to go search through the woods I would. Snapping back to reality I get up off of bed and head downstairs to meet my punishment.

I came to the last step of the stairs and saw my grandmother waiting for me on the couch to I predict about what happen. I come to the couch and sit down at the end of the couch a seat away from her.

“Your grounded and no television for two weeks, but you can have Misty over still I think she is a good influence on you,” She said strictly.

I nodded and told her that I was sorry and gave her a hug.

“Well I have to go to work,” Misty will be coming over in a few minutes you both stay at home” she said as she grabbed her keys.

She was walking too the door as she opened it misty was by the door.

“Come in” “Come in,” she said happily.

“Thankyou and Good Morning Mrs.Webster,” Misty said.

“I’m just leaving now you guys behave okay,” Grams said as she walked out the door.

I got up and shut the door and said hi to Misty and sat back down with her on the couch.

“Guess what I went and searched through the forest and came across something” I said excited.

“What was it,” she asked very interested.

“A rusty old box that hold something I really can’t describe.”

“Wait my parents have a old key that was found after the collapse of the mine job years ago,” she said.

“Are you serious like that may just be the key I'm looking for to get to the next clue,” I said Excited.

“Okay but it will be pretty hard because my parents have it in the office in the house locked up in there drawer,”

“Try your best go when you're parent’s aren’t around.”

“Okay I will, I will,” she said annoyed.

“He want to walk to the store I’m kinda hungry I feel like getting some sweets right now,” “How about you?”

“Sure, but aren’t you grounded right now,”she said concerned.

“Yeah but the store is right up the street its not going to hurt,” I said with a daring smile.

8

We were out the door as fast as possible it seemed like we both didn’t like staying in a house all day. On the way there we were talking about what we wanted to get at the store it was a choice of many. Out of the whole town’s money crisis there seems to be a lot more candy and sweets in the the stores than usual. You think the would cut back on what they call unnecessary items.

The store was pretty decent looking it had a big light up sign that said Ali’s liquor store it had a couple cars parked by it the were pretty ugly to be honest they had poor paint jobs. As we walked into the store there was an array of snacks to choose from.

There I was stuck between the two choices of a caramel chocolate filled candy bar vs. the srcumches mixture of sweet and sour gummies. I was in mire defeat you should have seen me I was dieing I loved both goodies. Finally with all the nagging from Misty I choose the chocolate bar. Even though the gummies had an extensive portion I couldn’t let go of the chocolate, it belong to me.

Misty and I got home before my grams thank god I didn’t want to get yelled at again.

“Can I tell you something Devine?” she said shyly.

“Sure what’s up”I said concerned.

“Well I know you might be thinking about going to my parent house but I

just don’t know.”

“My parents have been very distant lately so I haven’t really been communicating with them its like their not even my parents,” she said disappointed. She sat there looking into my eyes as if I was the answer to her problems. To her I was a savior destroying every essence of evil in her mere innocent life.

”Devine I'm so glad I have a friend like you, I can share anything with you.”

I went over to hug her and embraced for a while and wondered. “How could you live up to that?” I asked myself but the only thing that came up was, “It’s POSSIBLE.....It’s POSSIBLE.”

“I’m sorry that you're parents are not there for you, but don’t worry were going to fix that as soon as possible,”

Couple minutes later my grams burst through the front door with a great big smile on her face happy as can be. Who would have known this happiness would have got her kidnaped.

“Why are you so jolly grams,” I asked her.

“Oh nothing you wouldn’t understand” Oh okay

“But I wanted to know if I could go over Misty house,” I said innocently.

“Why Misty’s over here…. why do you want to go over her house?”

“Well she told me her parents bought her a brand new tv system and I wanted to go check it out.”

“Remember you're banned from watching tv for a while,” she said seriously.

“Well yeah but only this once.”

“Okay but this once,” she said gently.

We were on our way luckily she lived a couple blocks down we got there pretty quick. The inside of her house was amazing it was covered with family pics, poster, and valued antiques. The house was empty and silent the only sound you could hear was only the a/c left on. The key that we were looking for was in misty’s parents office but the only thing that caught my eye was the many rooms in the hallway. It would have taken me a while to find the office, luckily Misty new actually where she was going. We walk into this very large homelike office with a couch and two desk with laptops on them. In the corner of this room behind the desk was the mysterious old key.

Then with a little persuasion, Misty and I were off into the forbidden forest. We finally came to where the box was in the forest and we digged it up and we used the key to open it. Inside it was a jewel and a map that was pretty old and worn out. I grabbed it while Misty was looking at the jewel and when I open it it looked like the forest we were in it was amazing all the trees and paths where right on point.

“We should head back my parents are going to be home pretty soon back from there erans.”

“Okay let’s go,” I said.

We were running full speed and got to her house right before her parents pulled up. The thing is I didn’t realize we still had the key. the box that contained the map and jewel in our hands.

“Quick where can we hide this,” I said panicking.

“Follow me I have a good place”

She took me around back to her mini sized back yard and the pointed to and old club house she and her parents made a while back. I placed in the compact mini home under the wooden dresser.

9

Then her and I both went inside her house quietly to see if we made it inside before her parents did. I saw them sitting on the couch focused on their laptops and I guess their latest projects. They were critical representation for this town.

“Oh hi Mr.and Mrs. Phillips its nice to finally meet you,”I said while leaning over to shake their hands. Sadly no one reached out

“So this is the young man you repeatedly mentioned a lot….” Misty’s dad says.

“He’s really cute” Said Misty’s mom.

“Mom stop embarrassing me,” Misty mumbled.

“Please take a sit make yourself more comfortable,” they said robotically.

Man misty had it bad her parents had no time for her. I couldn’t last one day in her shoes I like attention. After nothing but the sound of typing and awkward looks dinner was ready. The maid/nanny cooked the meal for the family she was working all night you should have seen that lady.

We had fetigenee alfredo with toasted garlic bread with the side of veggies. It was quite at the table I wondered if it was always like this I looked over to misty as if she knew what I was talking about.All she did was put on a disappointing face.

“So what have you guys been working on,”

“Well since the town has been in crisis financially we are coming up with new methods of bring in money,” Misty’s father said with a deep voice.

“Sounds very interesting….. you know your daughter Misty always has good ideas on getting money,” I said.

“One time during school when you guys weren’t around she created a fundraising system online that allowed different schools contribute money to are school,”I said confidently.

“Honey you did how come you didn’t tell us about that?,”

Misty paused afraid to hurt their feelings and expose them for the negligent ence. I looked over to Misty to make sure she speaks up and tells them how she feels.

“We mom….dad you guys have been very distanced from me lately I have seen you 5 days in a row without you guys traveling somewhere it’s you forgot about me,” She said tearing up.

“Honey I didn’t know you felt this way I’m so sorry I knew something wasn’t right,”Her mom said.

As she went over to huge Misty her dad just looked like he was in a hole nother place. I guess he realized he was treating his daughter wrong.

“Come here baby,” He said compassionately.

“Im sorry to as your father I should have know you weren’t getting our attention, and misty you have to speak up and let us know,”He said strong.

“Thank you Devine for everything,” Misty whispered.

All Misty needed was a little encouragement from a close friend that was strong minded and self aware of what she was going through.

After dinner was over before I left to walk home I grabbed the unlocked box and the items inside of it. Misty’s parents offered to give me a ride home but I refused and lied and said I enjoyed the walk. I would have taken it, but I just didn’t want anyone to know about the box.

I got home around 10 o’clock, I put the box in the shed behind some old container filled up with old tools. I came in the house from the back and my grandmother was waiting for me on the couch.

“Where have you been?” She said

“You know misty’s house,” I said confused.

“I know that…. I called her parents nice people, I asked them what was taking you so long to get home they said you walked.”

“Grams thats what I did walked home I didn’t go anywhere else,” I said

“Alright now go to bed it’s late,”

“Okay heading up right now,” I said annoyed.

Thank god my grandmother is a heavy sleeper, I wasn’t planning to go to bed.

10

I raced off to the forest with the map and the jewel and my backpack with my supplies. With the directions of the map I came to a door that only could be open by some type of key it was jewel shaped I used my jewel that I found and it opened. The door lead to a tunnel headed underground the tunnel lead out to another part of the forest. Miles away I saw a huge cave, in it was a dark evil looking man that resembled death. He was shouting out commands,It looked like he was in charged and his dirty henchmen were his ponds. I came into the cave quietly to observe, what seemed to look like a pile of rubble was a giant gold mine the men where mining on.

“Hurry up get as much as you can we have two days left,” The boss said.

I stood in awe of the ground they covered in 20 minutes they took out 400 pounds of jewels and rubies. I over heard henchmen talking about their lovely boss.

“Man I’m glad i'm not on death strikes bad side did you hear about the last guy that got on his nerves,”

“No... what happens,”

No one knows he disappeared some say he was tortured by him

BOOM I slip and fall off the hunch crater I was hiding behind and got noticed by a few henchmen. Everything around me stopped including the noise and workers. Suddenly I was eye to eye with Death he looked hideous I couldn’t bear the sight.

“Get him he shouted,” He shouted.

“Hey kid what are you doing here,” henchmen yelled.

I ran back into the forest with goons on my trail. I slipped through a path with nothing but trees and their branches sticking out.

My backpack got stuck and I could go no where.

I took out all that I could carry in my hands the mysterious box I found and my dads watch.Then I left and ran back as fast as I could back home.

Not realizing that something I left could be my downfall and but my grams and Misty at risk.

I came into the house breathing heavily out of fear and anguish. I made sure all the windows and doors were completely secure so nothing could come in. My grandmother was still asleep thank god she has been on my case a lot. I creeped up to my bedroom and laid down in forcing myself to go to sleep.

“Boss we couldn’t find the boy but he left this behind,” one henchman said.

“hahaha good job but that bad thing is we have a witness that needs to terminated,” Death Strike said deeply.

11

MY BACKPACK….. why didn’t I just take it with me I shouldn’t have left it there it had my name and address written in the inside of it.I knew I shouldn’t have listen to my grandmother when she forced me to write our info. in there. As frighten as I was I held it all in like if it was a regular day. I got up and took easing steps to make sure everything was okay. Walking down the stairs very attentive using my five senses that seemed to be enhanced. I stood still to hear movement from all around me all that came up was the rushing winds flowing against the trees that hit the window. Every thing in the living room seemed okay the pillows in place my grandmothers table with all of her women magazines and the entertainment system nothing was out of place.

Throughout the day I tried my best to get over everything that happen besides they won't come during the day where they can be seen, for god sakes they're criminals. I had to make a plan get some evidence or something so they can go to jail becauses that money belongs to the town no some killer.

I called Misty over to tell her what’s going on and the possible danger to me and my family maybe even hers. Over the phone she was very cheerful and full of life that made me very happy to hear her loving life.

KNOCK...KNOCK

My smile was giving way but I tried my best to keep it going as I opened the door for Misty.

“HI,” I said.

“HI Devine,” Misty said as she walked in.

I followed her to the living room to sit down on the couches It was awkward because Misty knows me as the guy the loves to talk non-stop.

“What wrong with you you seem different today”

“I...I...ummm,” I said looking down.

“Look I’m your best friend for life or death you can tell me anything,”She said looking at me.

“Okay….My family and possible your are in danger because as I was traveling in the woods I came across the disturbance that was keeping me up all night for the past weeks,” I said pausing.

“What was that sound,” she said curiously.

“It was minners and what it looked like they were illegally mining jewels and gold out of the large passage I saw them in.”

“Really jewels I can’t believe it but are you sure they were mining illegally,”She said amazed.

“One things certain the miners shouldn’t be worried about a kid that they seen snooping around and then chase after them for about five miles.”

“That seems a little off,” She said.

“Also while I was running I slipped through this path to lose the henchmen, but my backpack got stuck on some branches and it wouldn’t budge so I just took everything I could carry,” I said breathing fast.

“Okay but how is that bad you just lost a back pack.”

“I know I saw it like that to but my information is in there my name and address.”

“What why would you write your name and address inside of your backpack,” She said shocked.

“My grandmother told me too,”

“I told you what,” My grandma said curiously.

“Ummm….you told me that speaking from the heart is always the right thing to do,” I said quickly.

Man that was a close one lucky my grams agreed to let my leave the house again to head down to the park. Mostly because Misty was with me she was really fond of her.

Despite my problems Misty’s life seemed to be coming together. She shared with me the times she had with her parents in the last couple of days. They went horseback riding, laser tagging and out to dinner, she would have invited me but it was a reuniting thing so she wanted the experiences for herself. Her parents are out of town once again but it’s the last time she said they planned to reschedule their meeting here in Newtown so they can have more time with her.

“Hey I’m really pleased to hear that you and your parents are working out things,” I said gleefully.

“Well thanks to you,” “your my hero,” she said leaning over to kiss me on the cheque.

“Wow what was that for,” I said looking confused but deep inside like it.

“I just wanted to show my appreciation,” she said sweetly.

“Look I think we should go check it out and see if they discovered my backpack or something,”

“I don’t think so what if something happens,” she said concerned.

12

“O come on,” I said pulling her.

We got to the opening I made weeks ago to get through the barbed wire.

Lucky I had my map with me and I got too the secret passage in no time and there it was the massive cave filled with devoted illegal miners and their evil leader Death strike. Misty was astonished at the site she couldn’t believe it. I took her inside the darkness above all the clatter and rough noises so we could visually see what was going on above them. It seemed like they were just doing what they were supposed to do.

“There that older looking guy that’s wearing that hoodie in all black raggedy clothes,” I whispered softly.

“Yeah what about him,” Misty shouted.

“Shhh I said you don’t want to be too loud,”

“That guys name is Death Strike,” I said sternly.

“hahahaha…,” “What kinda name is that?” She said giggling.

“I know but he seems like the real deal thats the leader he is in charge,”I said.

Death strike turned his face toward us lucky we ducked just in time.

“Yeah I know why he is named Death strike he is just revolting in every way,” She said gagging a little.

I looked up to see if the cost was clear and it was. Misty raised her head up as I gave the clear. I asked her if she saw my backpack laying around somewhere she said no. Dang I can’t believe I left it.

“We should be heading back,” Misty said scares.

“Okay lets go,” I said nodding.

We got to the park and as usual ran to the swings to enjoy the rushing breeze. Man I loved to do this but my rushing passion for it went out the window I couldn’t take it. So I sat there in complete defeat wondering if I would ever get over it.

“Come on Devine have a little fun,” Misty said.

“I can’t it’s just….,” “Shhh,” she interrupted.

Then she kissed me on the lips it was unbelieveable. Her lips were subtle and warm it felt like heaven. I have to be sad more often so I could more of this.

“Sorry I just don’t like seeing you depressed,” She said smiling.

“Well It really helped,”

“In that case then,” Misty said rising up.

She came over to me to supposedly kiss me once more. I closed my eyes expecting to be embraced but end up being push to the ground.

“Hahaha,” Misty laughing.

“O thats it,” I said playfully.

I chased her all over the park but never seemed to catch her until she fell to the floor because of exhaustion. We walked our way to my house with gleeful faces and what could be a possible relationship.I had to do something for her to show her that I really like her but maybe later, if I make it through these nights.

13

The next morning I was thinking really hard on what I could do for her.I got it, I could set up a movie date with her to see her favorite old movies called the Casablanca. My grandmother has the movie, and I guess we could watch in the living room. I really didn’t like old black and white movies with anticipating plots and outcomes. But she like them so I guess I could deal with it.

“What are you thinking about Devine?,” My grams said.

“O ummm nothing important,” I said nervously.

“I know that look you father had the same one when he was falling for someone preferably you mother,” She said excited.

“It’s Misty isn’t it,” she said.

“No….. were close friends,” I said blushing.

“I knew it….. it’s Misty,”she said joyfully.

My grandmother had a thing for love some say she was a cupid but without the diaper and bow and arrow part. I didn’t want her to know yet because she would make a big deal out of it but she would have found sooner or later.

“Yeah it’s Misty,” I said calmly.

“Okay so what’s your plan are you going to ask her out on a date or something,”

“Yeah…I was thinking we could watch her favorite movie Casablanca here in the living room,” I said undecided.

“Thats not romantic you can watch it outside remember when we use to watch it outside with grandpa and your mom and dad.”

“That’s a great idea grams.”

“You will need snacks and blankets and some comfortable pillow if you want to lay down or you're uncomfortable,” She said sternly.

Now thinking about my grandmother had some good ideals she was a life savor. I’m glad I have a grandmother like her she irreplaceable.

“Okay I will ask her later on today over the phone I just have to get prepared I really want to impresses her,” I said proudly.

“When are you planning to do this date?” Grams asked.

“This friday before her parents come back into town she would be busy then her parents are planning to spend more time with her,”

“How about tomorrow we go out and get you some new cloths and a haircut so you can be ready,” Grams said.

“Sounds good,”

“Okay see you later Devine I got to go to work there calling me in,” Grams said rushing through out the door.

“See ya later.”

Everything is going to according to plan my life is coming together. I just wish I could have experience this with my parents they would have been on board with every single detail. Mom would have said a heartwarming comment like “My little boy is growing up so fast” and my dad would have said “that my Boy.”

I had a whole day ahead of me and I was wondering what could I do to make it more interesting. Maybe I could just watch old reruns of Quest, as good as that sounds I wasn’t in the mood.So I decided to go up to my room and get my old detective comics it has a similiar theme as quest but it’s very different it has twists and not all the mysteries get solved its called “Going South.” I used to read these comics with my grandfather because we both had the same interest in things like mystery and suspense.I read the whole series twice already but sometimes I just can’t get enough it’s addictive.

“Man I finished,” I said yelling out loud.

I read the whole series in about 6 hours with a couple breaks here and there but I did it. It usually would take me a couple of days but something is different now. Looking over at the clock hanging up at the wall it showed 4:15.This day wasn’t even over like I wanted it to be I just want it to be friday so I can get ready for my date.

Wait I didn’t even call Misty yet to make it official I should call right now. Shaking the home phone nervously I bring it to my ear as it was ring.

“Hello,” And angelic voice said.

“Yeah hi Misty,” I said high pitched.

“O hi Devine... what’s up?”

“Nothing much I just wanted to ask you something.”

“Sure what is it.”

“Do you think you can come over my house this Friday for something special,” I said Quickly.

“What do you mean?” Misty said calmly.

“Umm a date I was thinking we could do something,”

“Sure, but what did you have in mind?”

“I can’t tell you it’s a surprise okay,”I said suddle.

“Alright see ya friday,”

“Yeah saturday come around 8,” I said manly.

“Okay...I will,” Misty said giggling.

I put the phone back on the outlet where it charged and walk off from it proudly and feeling accomplished.

The front door open and it was my grandmother getting back from work. She looked at me and noticed I had a different peep in my step.

“You called her didn’t you?” she asked.

“Yeah she said yes,” I proudly said.

“You didn’t tell her what you guys would be doing on the date right.”

“No was I supposed to,” I said nervously.

“No, you're not it keeps mystery and keeps it more interesting.”

“We will go to get you ready tomorrow she will be so impressed she would love you forever,” Grams said happily.
“Let me get dinner ready,” Grams said.My grandmother is awesome I love that she is really supportive.I know with her help nothing will go wrong on this date. After dinner my grams and I went straight off to our rooms with just a short toned good night and were out like a light.

13

The next morning I was thinking really hard on what I could do for her.I got it, I could set up a movie date with her to see her favorite old movies called the Casablanca. My grandmother has the movie, and I guess we could watch in the living room. I really didn’t like old black and white movies with anticipating plots and outcomes. But she like them so I guess I could deal with it.

“What are you thinking about Devine?,” My grams said.

“O ummm nothing important,” I said nervously.

“I know that look you father had the same one when he was falling for someone preferably you mother,” She said excited.

“It’s Misty isn’t it,” she said.

“No….. were close friends,” I said blushing.

“I knew it….. it’s Misty,”she said joyfully.

My grandmother had a thing for love some say she was a cupid but without the diaper and bow and arrow part. I didn’t want her to know yet because she would make a big deal out of it but she would have found sooner or later.

“Yeah it’s Misty,” I said calmly.

“Okay so what’s your plan are you going to ask her out on a date or something,”

“Yeah…I was thinking we could watch her favorite movie Casablanca here in the living room,” I said undecided.

“Thats not romantic you can watch it outside remember when we use to watch it outside with grandpa and your mom and dad.”

“That’s a great idea grams.”

“You will need snacks and blankets and some comfortable pillow if you want to lay down or you're uncomfortable,” She said sternly.

Now thinking about my grandmother had some good ideals she was a life savor. I’m glad I have a grandmother like her she irreplaceable.

“Okay I will ask her later on today over the phone I just have to get prepared I really want to impresses her,” I said proudly.

“When are you planning to do this date?” Grams asked.

“This friday before her parents come back into town she would be busy then her parents are planning to spend more time with her,”

“How about tomorrow we go out and get you some new cloths and a haircut so you can be ready,” Grams said.

“Sounds good,”

“Okay see you later Devine I got to go to work there calling me in,” Grams said rushing through out the door.

“See ya later.”

Everything is going to according to plan my life is coming together. I just wish I could have experience this with my parents they would have been on board with every single detail. Mom would have said a heartwarming comment like “My little boy is growing up so fast” and my dad would have said “that my Boy.”

I had a whole day ahead of me and I was wondering what could I do to make it more interesting. Maybe I could just watch old reruns of Quest, as good as that sounds I wasn’t in the mood.So I decided to go up to my room and get my old detective comics it has a similiar theme as quest but it’s very different it has twists and not all the mysteries get solved its called “Going South.” I used to read these comics with my grandfather because we both had the same interest in things like mystery and suspense.I read the whole series twice already but sometimes I just can’t get enough it’s addictive.

“Man I finished,” I said yelling out loud.

I read the whole series in about 6 hours with a couple breaks here and there but I did it. It usually would take me a couple of days but something is different now. Looking over at the clock hanging up at the wall it showed 4:15.This day wasn’t even over like I wanted it to be I just want it to be friday so I can get ready for my date.

Wait I didn’t even call Misty yet to make it official I should call right now. Shaking the home phone nervously I bring it to my ear as it was ring.

“Hello,” And angelic voice said.

“Yeah hi Misty,” I said high pitched.

“O hi Devine... what’s up?”

“Nothing much I just wanted to ask you something.”

“Sure what is it.”

“Do you think you can come over my house this Friday for something special,” I said Quickly.

“What do you mean?” Misty said calmly.

“Umm a date I was thinking we could do something,”

“Sure, but what did you have in mind?”

“I can’t tell you it’s a surprise okay,”I said suddle.

“Alright see ya friday,”

“Yeah saturday come around 8,” I said manly.

“Okay...I will,” Misty said giggling.

I put the phone back on the outlet where it charged and walk off from it proudly and feeling accomplished.

The front door open and it was my grandmother getting back from work. She looked at me and noticed I had a different peep in my step.

“You called her didn’t you?” she asked.

“Yeah she said yes,” I proudly said.

“You didn’t tell her what you guys would be doing on the date right.”

“No was I supposed to,” I said nervously.

“No, you're not it keeps mystery and keeps it more interesting.”

“We will go to get you ready tomorrow she will be so impressed she would love you forever,” Grams said happily.
“Let me get dinner ready,” Grams said.My grandmother is awesome I love that she is really supportive.I know with her help nothing will go wrong on this date. After dinner my grams and I went straight off to our rooms with just a short toned good night and were out like a light.

15

I came back home and no one was there it was deseret and I could believe it what happened. I looked on the kitchen table and see that a note has been left it read :

You know where to find us

-Death strike

As I was running I was thinking about what happen, and I can't believe this happen how dare he take my only aspect of family left when I see him I am going to…... I don't know but I know it will be awful. Man I have been running for a while now and I still haven't found the opening yet to the secret passages.. UMMMM! That mysterious tree where I found the box is is over there and west it should be the passage maybe about a half a mile away. I dont know what my plan is but I have a long way to go so I can think about on the way there. How stupid of me not to check where I was heading in the first place.

I got there and I saw them still working on the mining like nothing happen as if they didn’t still to human beings. I sneaked in past the workers and I notice where they were holding Misty and my grandmother.I came up to them and they were tied up.

“What are you doing you're going to get yourself killed,” Misty said

“Devine you here, but you have to leave he doesn't want us,” Grams said

“I got them lose what are you talking about we don’t have anytime for that we have to go,” I said softly.

I got them out safely but Death strike men saw us and caught me I told my grams to call the police and they were here before you knew it.

“You're surrounded give it up and let the kid go,” And officer said out of a speaker.

Then something unbelievable happen a henchmen working on mining drilled over a unsturdy place in the rocks and the building was being to collapse.

I got lose and I ran for it trying my best to reach the out side. Death strike was chasing after me and pulled me back. I was fighting him and I punched him in the nose I was pretty angry he stole my family who knows what he could have done to them.

Just before the opening was about to close I made it out I was a wreck my new close weren’t new anymore. I went to give my grams and misty a huge I was so pleased to see them again.

I pulled Misty aside and told her “sorry about the date,”

“It’s okay I know it was going to be great.”She kissed me and I kissed her back passionately.

Finally a home cooked meal from my parents its been so long. Fresh veggies,chicken, pie, tamales, enchiladas, rice,beans and flour tortillas. Its so good to have everyone I love at the dinner table mom,dad,gram,and misty and her parents. To think of it how are my parents even speaking,eating and how do they know Misty’s parents. I realized that what I thought was real was a just a dream. Looking around in the saturated room of laughter and smiles I begin to discern that it is a reality. My reality!



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.