A Heroes Revenge | Teen Ink

A Heroes Revenge

September 15, 2012
By Nimra BRONZE, New York, New York
More by this author
Nimra BRONZE, New York, New York
2 articles 0 photos 25 comments

Detective Wes Timber was growing tired, actually he was growing frustrated. He had been on such juicy, exciting, mysterious cases to solve. But he never had the chance with that “Anonymous Caller” all the time. The whole Los Angeles Police Department was talking about him. He called almost every day for tips about cases nobody even knew about yet, and he would be right. Detective Wes looked at his desk. Empty. Well, it wasn’t actually empty, he had old files, pictures of his families and a gun on his desk. He just thought it was empty because there was no new file on his desk, like there would be every morning. Now, the LAPD were all out of mysteries to solve.

This is going to cost my job! Detective Timber thought to himself. He had to find out who the “Anonymous Caller,” as the caller called himself, was.
“Hey Mitchel!” Detective Timber yelled to a chubby police guy. He walked up to the detective.
“Watcha need, Wes?”

“I need to you to trace every call the ‘Anonymous Caller’ has made and give them to me.” Officer Mitchel’s eyes widened.
“Detective, do you know how many calls that guy makes’ a day?! Neither do we!” Detective Timber sighed.
“Mitchel, just do this for me and I’ll give you a dozen donuts and not tell the chief about you ruining your diet you promised her.” Mitchel leaned in closer.
“What kinds?”
“Powered and glazed.” Mitchel smiled.
“Alright, I’ll ask Mike to look them up in 5 minutes tops.” Mike was the computer nerd that the LAPD used to track and locate anything or person. Detective Timber smiled.
“Thanks, Mitchel.”
“Yeah, yeah. I’m just doing this for the…” He cupped a hand over his mouth and whispered, “Donuts.” Then, Mitchel ran away. Detective Timber would stop at nothing to figure out who this caller was that was costing him his job. And how on earth does he know about every case we have? But mostly, he was stealing Detective Wes Timber’s spotlight. He was the hotshot in the department, and now it felt to him as if he was being ranked down. Which is exactly how Detective Timber feels like.
“I’m going to find out who this man is. Once and for all!”







* * *
Caiden Luxton placed on his blazer and looked himself in the mirror. Perfect, he thought. Just how he liked it. His brown hair straight and looked like he was going on a business trip. His school uniform, khaki pants, a white button down shirt, a black tie and their school blazer with their logo. Caiden was a man who liked business. Ever since his father, Detective Tristan Luxton had gone missing 8 months ago, Caiden tried to dress like his father, be like his father, he even acted like his father.
He even started to help others with the same crisis he was in. He always called the LAPD tip line so he could help criminals get justice for what they did to many innocent peoples. He had been doing this ever since his father had gone missing. He was devastated that his father, the one who he worshipped had gone missing, now he was picking up after him and continuing his line in protecting innocents at 15. Sure he might be 15, but he’s not like any other 15 year old. Caiden is sharp. He investigates, he surveillances, and he traces every evidence and criminal records known to demand. Thanks to his father’s equipment and that he still has his LAPD account, Caiden can track any criminal and hack into almost anything.
Caiden’s room door opened and his 15 year old twin brother, Kaden, came in. Even though both brother’s looked almost alike, they were not. Sure they might look alike, but Caiden’s hair was brown like their father and Kaden’s hair was jet black like their mother. Kaden had brown eyes, but Caiden had one light blue eye and one faded amber eye that almost looked gray, caused by Heterochromia. But nobody ever saw it since he had sunglasses over them because he had very sensitive eyes and light could cause blindness very easily for him. The exact disease his father had. Kaden’s shirt was not tucked in like the uniform code stated and his hair was in a Mohawk. His tie wasn’t even tied nor did his black shoes look polished.
“Caiden, come on, we have to get to school or I’ll receive detention, again!” Caiden quickly grabbed his black backpack.
“Okay, did you have breakfast?” Kaden blew a huge bubble and popped it.
“Yeah, you?”
“Not hungry, let’s go.” Before Caiden could storm out, Kaden grabbed his arm.
“You can’t be like this forever. It wasn’t your fault for Dad’s disappearance.” Kaden said softly. Caiden didn’t answer. He pushed Kaden away and climbed down the stairs. It was true Caiden always thought his Dad’s disappearance was his fault. He was the one who last saw Dad, and Dad had told him this was the most dangerous mission of all times. But Caiden didn’t stop his father. It’s all my fault, Caiden always thought.
“Boys, are you ready?” Said the driver, waiting by their door.
“Actually, I think we’re going to walk today, Husain.” Kaden told him and placed an arm around his brother. Husain smiled.
“Of course, have a safe walk.” Kaden lead his brother outside and the two of them walked to school.
“So, Caiden, you are still doing that tip thing for the LAPD?” He was the only who knew about it. Their Mom, a fashion designer who always traveled the world didn’t even know it! Caiden was the only one who knew about Dad’s special weapons and equipment that he used for detecting the criminals. Kaden knew because Caiden told him but Kaden wasn’t the smartest boy in the world. Working a blender was too much for him.
“Yeah.”
“Dude, you have to do other things then doing this! It’s so totally bogus!”
“Bogus?”
“Yeah.”
“Use your words right in a sentence, would you?”
“Sorry, professor.”
“Anyway, did Mom call yet?” Caiden asked.
“Yeah, well, e-mailed. You know she never calls. She’s coming back tomorrow. So, you better hide all that equipment in your room when you get back home.”
“Yeah, yeah. Tell it to the whole world, why don’t you?” Kaden smiled. He looked at his watch. 7:59 A.M.
“I’ll see you later!” He took his arm away from his brother and ran to the school door just as the bell rang. Caiden started to walk to school when a boy came in front of him.
“BOO!” Caiden looked at him blankly.
“That’s not scary, Lucas.” Lucas sighed.
“Well, excuse me for trying to lighten up your mood.” Lucas was a very fit boy. His brown eyes and black hair caught the attention of any girl staring at him too long. Caiden ignored him and walked to his next class. Lucas followed and sat next to him. Caiden took out his laptop. This private school encouraged kids to use electronics to learn. All the kids in their class were taking out their laptops and clicking on Microsoft Word as the teacher went around and saw the kid’s homework. Caiden looked around. Nobody was ever allowed to wear sunglasses in school, but the principal made an exception for Caiden. She didn’t want him going blind. “Come on, Caiden. It’s been 8 months, maybe-”
“My father is not dead!” He hissed. Lucas raised his hands up for innocents.
“I-I didn’t say that. I just meant you can’t stay mad at yourself. You have to still live life.” Caiden’s shoulders slouched.
“I know.” He said softly. The teacher looked at Caiden.
“Ah, Mr. Luxton, your homework is complete like always?” Caiden showed him his homework. “A+ as always. If only there were more you’s in this school.”
“Well, he does have a twin.” Lucas reminded the teacher.
“Kaden, he hasn’t even done his homework assignments since the 9th grade!” Caiden managed a smile.
“At this rate, he’ll be in your class forever.”
“Oh dear god!” The teacher sighed. Lucas and Caiden laughed. Lucas smiled as he saw his best friend at least smiling and laughing again. They all sat back and started reviewing their math lessons.

In the middle of May, the weather was very hot. Caiden was dying in his blazer like the other kids in this high school, but the school uniforms were required. Kaden must be in detention right now for not wearing the correct uniform, Caiden thought. They were both in the Cafeteria, eating their lunch while doing their homework early. Of course Caiden was done in minutes, by the still had to help Lucas.
“What did you get for number 1?”
“Arizona.” Lucas raised a brow.
“Well that’s weird since we’re doing math.”
“Oh, sorry. 55” Lucas saw Kaden waving at his brother from far away. Kaden pointed at his laptop. Right on schedule, Caiden’s laptop, that Lucas was using, dinged.
“Caiden, I think Kaden sent you an email. It’s so funny how your names are the same.” Caiden took his laptop and checked his mail. It read, I’M GOING 2 A FRIENDS HOUSE, DON’T WAIT UP!
Caiden emailed, OKAY, DON’T BE OUT TO LATE. It dinged again.
ALRIGHT, MOTHER! Caiden scowled at the message and slammed his laptop closed. He didn’t like it when people made jokes about his Mom and Dad. It annoyed him very much.

After school, Caiden said good-bye to Lucas and walked home. He was reading a textbook in Math College. He could easily pass high school, but chose to graduate at the same rate as his twin brother.






* * *
“WHAT?!” Detective Wes Timber bellowed. Mitchel sat down next to him as he looked at the cell phone records user. A picture of a 15-year old boy with his description on the bottom. His name, Kaden Luxton. He didn’t really look like a smart boy, just one who looked like giving him a match could be the biggest mistake of your lives. Everybody crowded around Detective Timber. “A 15-YEAR OLD BOY IS HELPING THE LAPD WITH CASES?!” He shouted again.
“Okay, Detective,” Chief Linda said. “I’m sure this boy might be the guy’s son?”
“No, it’s him alright.” Mitchel and Mike said together. Detective Timber’s face turned red.
“HOW DARE HE!” He said ripping up the boy’s photo and dumping it in the trash can.
“I don’t see what a 15- year old boy is doing wrong. He’s just helping us with our cases.”
“MY CASES! HE’S SOLVING MY CASES!” Detective Timber shouted like a 5-year old. He got up and grabbed Mike. “Come on, we’re going for a ride!”
“Detective-” The Chief started to say, but he was gone.

They both got in a black mini-van. It was usually used for surveillance missions, but Detective Timber didn’t care. This was a mission to him and he wanted to find that little punk for stealing his spotlight. The back of the trunk looked bigger from the inside. It was filled with computers, keyboards and cameras that were installed all around the outside of the car so the Detective could see everything from outside.
“Where to?”
“Follow the route from that punk’s home to his school.”
“Do you know what he looks like?” Even though he only looked at that picture for a second, it was burned into his mind now.
“Yes.” He said, grinding his teeth. Mike sat in the front and drove quickly around town to find the kid.

After a few minutes, Detective Timber told Mike to slow down when he saw a boy walking by himself. He was wearing a school uniform and was reading. But with sunglasses on? Weird. Detective Timber looked at him for a second. He didn’t have jet black hair, but brown. He also looked a bit more mature than in the picture. But Detective Timber thought it was a close catch. He slid to the front of the seat and rolled down his window.
“Hello, kid?” The boy looked up.
“Yes?”
“Wanna come in the car? I can take you home?” The boy raised a brow.
“Don’t you know the whole, don’t talk to strangers or get in a car with them rule? No, I don’t want to get in your van.” And the boy started walking again. When Detective Timber started laughing bitterly, the boy stopped for a second and looked at the man.
“You’re very funny.” He said getting out of the car. “I didn’t actually ask you, I requested you to get in the car.” The boy stood with confidence.
“Well, I don’t care. I’m not getting in the car, and you can’t make me.”
“Oh, can’t I?”
“Detective, don’t do something stupid.” Mike said from the driver’s seat. Mike knew exactly what Detective Timber was going to do next.
“Nonsense, I just want to have a little chat with him.” He grabbed the boy’s arms and twisted in to his back and shut his mouth with his other hand. The boy started kicking and screaming. He started kicking Detective Timber, but the Detective wasn’t giving up so easily. He had been trained to be as fit as possible. To handle any situation being thrown at you. “Mike, open the van door!” Mike quickly got out and opened the door. The boy started yelling louder and his screaming was getting past the Detective’s hand. The Detective quickly tossed him in, and he and Mike got in.

The boy groaned as he was tossed on the metal floor. He felt like a dummy that was being tested for car crashed. The Detective got him up and on a seat. The boy rubbed his head. “Now, let’s start talking. I am Detective Wes Timber. Behind the glasses, the boy’s eye’s widened.
“WHAT?!”
“What, what?”
“You are a Detective and you’re trying to kidnap me!”
“Kidnap, oh no. By the way, I’m Mike, the LAPD’s hacker.” He extended out his hand, but the boy didn’t shake it. He looked back at the Detective.
“Then what do you want with me?” He asked with confidence.
“I want you to tell me why you are stealing my spotlight!” The boy hesitated for a moment and then smiled.
“Oh, you’re Detective Wes Timber. Now it makes sense.” He said like he knew a little secret.
“Yes, I just said that, now why are you stealing my spotlight!” The boy raised his hands up for innocents.
“Listen, Detective, I am not trying to ‘steal’ your spotlight. I am just trying to continue my father’s work. That’s all.” He said soothingly. The Detective pointed a finger at him.
“Listen here, mister, I don’t know what game you are-” He paused. “Continuing your father’s work? Who’s your father?” Under the glasses, the boys eyes were about to be filled with tears. He took a deep breath out.
“My father is…”
“Yes!” They both said, rolling their hands to go on. The boy sighed.
“Detective Tristan Luxton.” There was a moment of silence. “I know you were his partner, he talked about you a lot.” The boy confessed. Detective Timber looked at the boy shocked. So did Mike.
“Y-you’re his son?” He smiled.
“As people get older, their brains get slower. Yes, I am his son, well, one of his son, anyway.” The Detective didn’t completely believe him, but didn’t think it wasn’t true either.
“Take off your sunglasses.” He demanded.
“Um...I really shouldn’t. My eyes are very sensitive to light.” Mike laughed.
“Yeah, yeah. Don’t play so dumb, kid.” Mike forcefully took off the boys sunglasses and what they saw, surprised him. Detective Timber leaned forward and looked closely at the boys eyes. The right one was faintly brown and the one on the left was crystal blue. He gasped. Both the boy’s eyes were completely different! “Hold on! I got a picture of the boy that was the ‘Anonymous Caller,’ his eyes were brown, both of them!”
“Oh, that’s my twin brother.”
“So, you’re not Kaden?”
“I am, Caiden, with a C. Kaden is my twin brother, with a K.” Detective Timber couldn’t stop looking at the boys eyes. Memories flowed back to him. Wes and Tristan hunting down criminals, arresting them, and hi-fiving each other for a job well done. In Detective Luxton’s desk was a picture of the twins and him. Tristan always talked about Caiden. About how he was so smart and intelligent. He said Kaden was the cool one from the two and the rule-breaker.

He snapped back to reality.
“Oh.” Was all the Detective could say. He was in so much shock. This boy looked exactly like father. The eyes, the hair, and his serious, but calm look. Detective Timber looked at the sunglasses in Mike’s hand. “Wasn’t this your fathers?” He said giving it back to him.
“No, Dad gave me an exact replica of his glasses. Said it was symbolic of us being together. But of course, Kaden didn’t think it was cool enough for him.” He looked up. “Listen, I didn’t actually mean to take away the fun in your cases. I was just helping the innocents who suffered with criminals. Plus…I thought I might find a lead to Dad’s disappearance. Stupid, I know.” Caiden said quietly.
Then, his phone rang. Before he could answer it, Mike took it away and read the caller ID. MOTHER.
“You can call your mommy later.” Caiden took the phone away from him.
“My mother is calling me for the first time in a year. Now, am I arrested or something?” Detective Timber shook his head. “So, can I go now?” Detective Timber nodded. Caiden got out of the van, picked up his bag and book from the sidewalk and answered the phone. “Hi Mom…yes, I’m fine.” He said smiling and walking home.

Detective Timber just sat back in his seat in shock.
“I can’t believe it.”
“Wait, so we’re not going to kill him?” Detective Timber stared at him.
“We are not killing my partner’s son!” He sighed. “Just get back to the Police Station.” Mike decided not to argue unless he wanted a punch in the face. He got to the front and drove them away.

Caiden opened his phone in excitement, not even caring he was almost kidnapped.
“Hi Mom.”
“Caiden, how are you?!”
“I’m fine Mom.”
“Sweetheart, I’m on my way home, right now!” Right now! Caiden thought. I haven’t cleared the gadgets and weapons from my room yet!
“Um…really?”
“Yes, and I can’t wait to see you! Where’s Kaden?”
“He’s over at a friend’s. He’ll be home soon. Gotta go, see you soon, bye!” He quickly hung up and ran home. He stopped at the biggest glass mansion ever. The entire place was almost made out of glass. He quickly dialed the security code and the gates swung open. Caiden ran inside and into him room.

It was full of technologies that people didn’t even know existed. The bed had turned into a mini office with a chair and a desk with files and a laptop. The walls were covered with computer screens and a huge Smart Board like screen. There was a closet and guns and all sorts of weapons were hanging from them instead of clothes. “Caiden Jamie Luxton.” He said to the door knob. Caiden twisted the door knob 4 times to the right and 5 times to the left and a tiny red button appeared on the door knob. He clicked it and the whole room changed in a matter of seconds.

The closet of weapons turned into a closet of clothes, the computer screens turned into a few pictures and the Smart Board turned into a Plasma TV, and the mini office turned back into a normal bed. The red button disappeared and the room looked like a teenager’s bedroom. Caiden sighed and hung his bag on a hook and placed his blazer back in the closet. He collapsed on his bed. His back hurted from when Detective Wes Timber tossed him in the car. He didn’t quite understand why he was so shocked when he saw him but tried to clear his mind.

He couldn’t think of how to tell his mother that their father died. Yes, he had not told his mother yet. He couldn’t call her because she was changing countries every month and her cell phone numbers were different every week. Their mother would never believe that her husband had died if he told her by e-mail. She’s think it was a joke. Caiden took his phone and dialed a number.
“Hello?” Said Kaden.
“Kaden, when are you coming home?”
“In an hour, why?” Caiden tried not to cry.
“I-I can’t do it.” He confessed, almost ready to cry. “I-I can’t tell mother about father’s death.
“Caiden-”
“Please, I can’t do this by myself.” Kaden hesitated for a moment as he heard his brother’s voice cracking up.
“Alright, only this once I’ll listen to you.” Caiden took a shaky breath.
“Thank you so much, Kaden, I owe you one.” He hung up, feeling much better. He ran downstairs and waited almost half an hour. DING DONG! Caiden ran to the door before the butler could. Kaden stood at the door.
“I’m here.” He said throwing his hands up in the air. He really didn’t want to be here. He was having such a good time at his friends party, but on the phone, Caiden sounded like he was about to cry, which he never did since Dad’s disappearance. Caiden hugged Kaden. Kaden looked pretty surprised.

When Caiden let go, they both heard a car honk. It was their mother. Before the car could even enter inside, the door opened and a beautiful women came out. She had long, black hair and dark brown eyes. Her purple dress that was up to her ankles, her purple high heels and her diamond necklace that sparkled in the sunlight. She ran up to the kids standing by the door and squeezed the life out of them.
“My beautiful children, I have missed you so much.” She had a bit of a British accent now. It might have been from that tour all around London.
“Mom, watch it, you’re squeezing my leather jacket!” Kaden pointed out. She let them go and smiled at Kaden.
“The same as ever.” She turned to Caiden. “Sweetheart, you look so cute now!” She said pinching his checks. “But why are you wearing those sunglasses, it’s hot but not sunny.”
“Um, his eyes are very sensitive now.” Kaden told her.
“Let me see your beautiful eyes.” She said taking the sunglasses off him and saw tears about to form from her sons brown and blue eyes. “Why are you crying? I’m here now! She said placing an arm around him and squeezing him. Kaden sighed.
“Mom, we need to talk.” Morgan Luxton looked back and forth at her children and frowned. They sounded very serious.
“Alright then.” They all went to the family room and sat down. Kaden sighed.
“So Mom, you look nice.” He said kissing up to his mother. She looked around.
“Where’s your father?” Caiden winced.
“You see Mom, things happen in life, life makes things happen-”
“Kaden, get to the point!” Caiden declared. Kaden sighed.
“Mom, Dad disappeared 8 months ago. We don’t know where he is and we aren’t really sure who took him. We reported it but nobody can figure it out. It’s like he vanished without a trace.” Their mother blinked.
“What?”
“Mom…Dad was going on a search for a criminal,” Caiden said shakily. “He told me it was going to be a difficult mission and this criminal was very dangerous. He went anyway and the next day…police officers came to our house instead of Dad. They told me that Dad had…” His voice trailed off. Their mother looked shocked. The smile disappeared from her face and even with her make-up on, she was aging 10 years in seconds. She looked over at Kaden.
“Is this true?” He shrugged.
“I was out, Caiden was the only one here.” Their mother looked at the boy who sat in despair. He didn’t have any more tears in his eyes but his eyes looked droopy.
“So the whole time I was gone, you have been…watching after yourself? Your father has been missing and you didn’t contact me?!” She said with her anger rising.
“Mom,” Kaden said spreading his hands out. “We didn’t have any of your phone numbers and contacting you by e-mail didn’t seem the right way to do it. You did leave us for a year.” Their mother’s eyes were filled with tears now.
“I-I…” Was all she could say. RING-RING! Their mother wiped the tears from her eyes and straightened up as she answered her phone. “H-hello...tomorrow, why?! I just got back...I understand, alright, bye!” She hung up. “Boys, I have another fashion designer show to attend tomorrow.”
“But you just got back!” Caiden and Kaden screamed. Their mother slouched in her chair.
“I know, but I’ll get fired if I don’t take this one. It’s very important.” The room felt colder and there was a silent tear in everybody’s heart. They were all crushed. Their mother straightened up and gave her children a smile, but it was clearly forced. “Come on, let’s have a nice dinner today at the best restaurant in town.” The boys didn’t answer. “I know your birthday is coming up, so I have already told Husain to give it to you soon.” For once, Kaden didn’t beg his mother what his present was. Morgan Luxton got up and helped her children up. “Come on.”

They all changed clothes, not like it mattered to Caiden, and drove at around dinner time to a restaurant. They all sat in the back while the driver drove. He would glance back once in a while to see the boys and mother glum face.

When they arrived, their mother was surrounded by fans. The boys already sat at their table, ignoring the people crowding around their mother.
“This isn’t fair.” Kaden mumbled.
“What?” Even though Caiden knew exactly what.
“Mom comes back for a year, hears Dad’s missing and is going on yet another trip!”
“We need a roof on our head and food on the table, Kaden.”
“So?!” He said with frustration. Caiden took off his glasses for just a second. He wanted to look his brother right in the eye.
“Kaden, listen,” His brother looked up and stared at his twin brother’s blue and brown eyes. “I know it’s hard. You’ve been there for me, I’ve been there for you. I don’t think we could ever survive if we didn’t have each other.” Kaden managed a smile.
“Aren’t I supposed to be doing the stupid peppy talks to you?” Caiden laughed.
“Not today, twin brother.” Kaden smiled at his brother. He wasn’t that sad, miserable kid 8 months ago, he was getting himself back together.
“I don’t even know why we are even twins.” Kaden admitted.
“Why, we look sort of alike?”
“Sort of? Caiden, your skin is pale, you have miss-matched eyes and brown hair. Plus, you are a total geek. I am the cool one with normal skin color, two similar eyes and jet black hair.” Caiden frowned.
“I don’t see what wrong with that. Twins aren’t exactly alike. They are just genetically-” Kaden stuffed a piece of bread in his mouth.
“Shut up, Caiden. You’re a human, not Wikipedia.” They both smiled and ordered their dinner.

Their dinner was alright, but the twins mostly ate alone. People invited Mom to sit or eat with them or have her picture taken or something. They finally drove home.
“I’m sorry dinner didn’t go so well.” Their mother apologized.
“It’s alright.” The twins said.
“I’m sorry I can’t stay to have breakfast with you in the morning, but I have to leave-”
“Very early, we know. Mom, we’re almost 16, treat us like we are.” Caiden punched his brother on the arm.
“What he means to say is, enjoy your trip. We’ll miss you.” Morgan hugged them both.
“I’ll miss you too.” She let them go. “Now get to bed. You don’t want to be late for school tomorrow”
So the boy’s headed to their rooms, but Caiden decided to visit his brother. He knocked on the door to his right.
“Come in.” Caiden entered. Kaden’s room was disgusting! Food and clothes were piled on the floor, the walls were covered with dirt and paint and the bed wasn’t even visible, but Kaden somehow managed to find it and lay down. “What up?” Caiden covered his nose.
“What died in here?! Didn’t the maid clean your room this morning?”
“Yeah, I didn’t like everything so organized. So, I messed up my room again.”
“UGH!”
“Are you here to inspect my room or talk?”
“Right.” He tried to step, but it was hard to walk on the floor. “I’ll stand here. Anyway, you know Dad’s partner, Detective Wes Timber?” Kaden knitted his eyebrows.
“The one with dirty blonde hair, tall and like’s juicy cases.”
“Yeah, well…he almost tried to kidnap me from the street.” Kaden sat up.
“What?!”
“Yeah, he didn’t know who I was and was frustrated that I was stealing his spotlight with the anonymous calls I was making.” He said smiling.
“So, what did he do to you?!”
“Well, nothing. I told him I was Dad’s son and he let me go, although he was in a lot of shock.” Kaden sighed.
“Oh. You have to be careful with all of that stuff you’re doing, it can get you into serious trouble.” Caiden leaned on the door.
“I know. Good night.”
“Night.” And Caiden left and walked to his room. His brother was the only one who understood him. He was the only one how knew everything about him. They were like two peas in a pod. Caiden fell asleep instantly when he laid on his bed.

The next morning, Caiden woke up to his alarm. He rubbed his eyes and looked at his clock. 7 A.M. He got up and got dressed quickly into his school uniform. He placed on his sunglasses and slid his bag over his back. He ran down the stairs and his brother was already sitting on the dinner table, eating breakfast. He smiled at Caiden. “Hey bro, sit down.” He did and filled his plate with a few pancakes and fruits.
“Mom left?” Kaden nodded.
“After breakfast, we are going for a test drive.”
“Why?” Kaden smiled.
“Because tomorrow is our 16th birthday and we can finally get our license!”
“You are only excited so you can drive girls around.” Kaden winked at him.
“Now you’re getting it. Husain will be with us.”
“I feel bad for him when you’re going to drive.”
“Hey, I’m not that bad!”
“You broke that old ladies mailbox last time!”
“I’m more mature now.” Caiden rolled his eyes under his sunglasses.
“Yeah, sure. In a week you think you’re all mature.” Husain appeared out of nowhere.
“Come on, boys. Both of you can half an hour, but Caiden, you’ll drive us to school. Last time Kaden did that, he almost ran over some students.” Kaden took the keys from him and ran to the car. Husain and Kaden sat in the front while Caiden sat in the back, strapping on as many seatbelts as possible.
“Please don’t let me die, please don’t let me die!” Caiden prayed.
“I’ll teach you rookies to drive with style.”

Half an hour later, the back of the car was dented from when Kaden accidentally hit the walking signal and a Stop sign. Also, Caiden was now on the floor and rubbing his sore head.
“You okay, Caiden?” They asked him.
“No!” The twins switched places. Husain sighed with relief. Caiden was a way better driver than Kaden. Caiden drove at a steady past and carefully drove all of them to school. Caiden smiled at Kaden. “That’s driving.”
“Okay boys, good job. I’ll take the car home, see you both at home.” The boys got off the car and met their friends at the front door. Caiden walked to his class with Lucas while Kaden walked with a crowd of people. Caiden walked to his history class.
“So, how well did you both drive?”
“I did fine, I’m not so sure about Kaden.”
“Hey, I did fine!” Kaden yelled from the back.
“Sure you did.” Caiden responded, going his separate way from his brother. He sat down next to his friend.
“So, did your mother come home?” Caiden’s expression darkened.
“She did-”
“That’s great!”
“The she left again.”
“Oh, I’m sorry, Caiden.” He just quietly got out his laptop. “Did you tell her about what happened with your…father?” He nodded slowly.
“Gentlemen, your homework’s?” The teacher asked. They quickly showed him his homework and he handed them each a gold star. Mr.Kindles thought students needed to be encouraged by prizes. So he hands out gold stars all the time. Caiden placed it in his laptop like Lucas.
“So, you excited about tomorrow?” Lucas said, quickly changing the subject. Caiden shrugged.
“I don’t know, I don’t really feel like celebrating it.”
“Why not?!” Kaden and Lucas said together. Caiden frowned and looked behind him. Kaden was kneeling beside him.
“Kaden, what are you doing here?”
“Spying on you. Don’t you dare not celebrate our birthday or I’ll pop you like a jake-in-the-box!”
“Mr. Luxton!” Both boys looked up. “I mean, Kaden Luxton!” Since both names were pronounced the same, they still didn’t know who he was talking to. “With a K!” Kaden smiled and got up.
“Yes, sir.”
“Why are you in this class?”
“Because I am in your class. I’m Kaden Luxton.”
“Yes,” The teacher pointed at Caiden. “He’s in my class, not you!”
“What’s wrong with me?” Caiden sighed and got up, pushing Kaden out the room and slammed the door closed.
“Thanks you.” Mr.Kindles smiled.
“You’re welcome.” Caiden sat down.

The rest of the day went smoothly for the two twins. Kaden sat with his gang and Caiden sat down with Lucas the whole day. At the end of the day, Caiden started to walk home alone, but Kaden bumped into him.
“Hey, hey!”
“What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be at another party or something?”
“No, why?”
“Because you texted me saying you were going to a party.” Kaden sighed.
“I thought it would be nice if I walked home with you today.” He kept an arm around his brother the whole way home. The real reason was that Kaden was afraid Caiden might try to get kidnapped again like last time. If he didn’t pay more close attention to Caiden, he would lose him. Like they had lost their father.
“Um, Kaden, you’re squeezing me too tight!”
“Oh, sorry.”
“Are you sure you’re alright?” He just nodded and started walking faster.

They got home and Caiden immediately went to his room. He said his full name and twisted the door knob. His teenage room changed back to the room that any Detective would dream to have. He sat on the chair of his mini office and began searching for new cases to solve.
Kaden sat on the sofa upside down, board out of his mind. DING DONG! Before anybody could answer the door, Kaden did. When he opened up, a tall handsome man stood there. He had dirty blonde hair, golden eyes and was very fit. He wore a black tuxedo and he didn’t look so happy. He looked at Kaden.

“Are you Kaden? With a K?” Detective Timber asked.
“Yup. And let me guess, you’re Detective Wes Timber, the one who tried to kidnap my brother?” He said crossing his arms.
“Listen, I’m sorry about that.”

“That’s what they all say.” The Detective sighed.
“May I see him?”
“Sure, 100 yards from him!”
“Aw, come on, Kaden.” Kaden pretended to think about it.
“Fine, but only for a few minutes.” He gestured his to follow and led them upstairs to a room with nothing decorated on the white door. Unlike Kaden, who had signs and photos all over his room. “Caiden, you have company.”
“Come in.” When Detective Timber looked at the room, he gasped. The room was amazing! There was a closet with a bunch of weapons that even Detective Timber didn’t know what they were, the room was filled with computer screens, all active and a huge Smart Board that looked like it was locating something. In the back of the room, was a mini office with a boy with a school uniform and sunglasses on and was looking at his laptop that was on his desk.

Caiden smiled when he was the Detective. “Good afternoon. So, what do you think?” The Detective stared at the room in surprise.
“This is…” He was completely speechless. “Does your mother know about this?!”
“Heck no!” Both boys told him.
“Then how do you hide all of this stuff?” Caiden smiled and got up.
“Very simple. Kaden, speak your full name to the door knob.” His twin brother stared at him.
“Now you’ve gone mad!” But Caiden just waited. Kaden sighed and said, “Kaden Jamey Luxton.”
“Now twist the door knob 4 times to the right and 5 times to the left.” Kaden did what his brother told him and a red button appeared. “Press it.” He did and the whole room transferred. Every item that was not possible for a 15 year old to have, vanished instantly and turned into a teenager’s room with a huge TV, a bed and pictures on the wall.
“That was awesome!” Kaden cheered. The Detective just stared at the room.
“But it was…then it changed…” Kaden patted the man’s shoulder.
“Yes, now, would you like a juice box along with that?” Both twins laughed. Detective Timber shrugged the boy’s hands off of him and got his mind straight.
“Alright, I have to admit, that was impressive. But where did you get all of this stuff?”
“It was Dad’s. He told me I could have it.”
“Really?” Kaden and Detective Timber asked.
“Well, sort of. He knew that the mission and criminals he was catching was difficult. So, he told me if something did happen to him…I could continue his job for him and use his equipment’s to help me.”
“So, you have been using all of this stuff to track criminals and our cases?” Caiden nodded. “That’s brilliant!”
“Well, not technically.” Kaden said sitting on the bed.
“What do you mean?”
“See, we can’t trace Dad yet, it’s a very tricky mystery.” Caiden told him.
“It’s like finding a needle in a haystack.” That was probably the smartest thing Kaden had ever said since Caiden’s jaw was wide open.
“Wow, that’s…right!”
“Well, being with a nerdy twin brother has its downsides. Hearing your lectures actually got stuck in my brain.”
“You have a brain?” Caiden laughed as Kaden threw a pillow at him.
“Okay, so why is it so hard to track your Dad?”
“See, the criminals who captured Dad have found a way to hide their traces. Like ATMS and credit cards. They are most likely still criminals, but internationally. I found a crime that happened 2 week ago. The local bank was robbed in Chicago, and then another bank was robbed a week ago in San Francisco. They are leaving a slight trail, but it’s very hard to predict where they’re right now. They’re running around randomly. I also traced one of the criminals credit card number and alerted them to contact me if it ever got used. It did get used once, but that was a long time ago.”
“How do you know who the criminals are?” Detective Timber asked.
“The criminals are the one Dad was sent to catch. The next day after that, both Dad and the criminals were gone. Isn’t that a coincident? Some witnesses even told the LAPD that our father did get kidnapped by a group of strangers. The LAPD showed them a picture of the criminals and the witnesses were 98% positive it was them.” Both Kaden and Detective Timber’s jaw were wide open.
“That was…”
“Impressive.” Kaden finished for him. “You haven’t been wasting your time, have you?” Caiden smiled.
“No. Unlike you.” Kaden flushed.
“Okay, so you have a lead and the suspect. That’s very good!”
“But we still can’t track them.” Caiden said depressingly. “They aren’t leaving a straight trail. They are going in a zigzag. Trying to figure out their next move is almost impossible.”
“Nothing is impossible. You have gone along way of tracking your father. All we need is his location!”
“But there is still one more problem.” Kaden pointed out. His brother nodded.
“What?” Detective Timber asked. Caiden sighed.
“We don’t know if our father is…alive or not.”
“I’m sure he is.” Detective Timber said uncertain. He checked his phone. “I better get going now.”
“Don’t you want to stay for dinner?” Kaden asked.
“Thank you, but-”
“A life of a Detective is always busy, we know.” Detective Timber stared at Caiden.
“How’d you know that?”
“Dad told us.” He smiled.
“Alright then. Thank you, have a great day.”
“You too.” And the Detective showed himself outside. He was pretty surprised a 15-year old knew more about his partner then he did. Caiden already knew who the criminals were and he was tracking them, while Detective Timber was laying back in misery. Kids were getting smarter than adults.

He went back to the police station and onto his desk. He opened his desk and pulled out two pictures that used to be on his partner’s desk. He looked at one with him and Detective Tristan Luxton. They had their arms around each other. Detective smiled at this photo. It was the first time they ever arrested someone together. He smiled at the picture, remembering the good times.

He then studied the next picture. He wasn’t even in it, but it was a whole family picture of the Luxton’s. A beautiful young woman with long black hair and twinkling dark brown eyes smiled at the camera. Next to her, was a dashing young man in his late twenties. He had brown hair and miss-matched eyes like Caiden’s. One was blue and one was brown. Both the woman and the man had their arms on two teenage boys. One looked like he never followed rules and was a sort of bad boy with his black hair in a Mohawk and his grim expression.
The boy next to him looked almost exactly like him, well sort of. He had brown hair that laid flat over his forehead and his different colored eyes were exactly like his fathers. His expression told everyone that he was calm, yet mysterious. He looked very mature, unlike his twin. The background was covered in snow. Detective Timber remembered this picture. It was when the Luxton’s took a family vacation two years ago.
Of course Detective Timber had children. Two daughters and a loving wife. But his children never really paid attention to him or his work. They just took his money for granted and so did his wife and pretended to love him. Sometimes Wes Timber would be jealous of his partner. He was always told how his family loved him so much. Well, his wife was always away and his son, Kaden, was always partying, but Caiden always paid attention to his father. He was like a miniature version of him. Detective Timber couldn’t stop thinking about his partner. It was a good thing he didn’t have any more cases, because he wasn’t in any mood to think about anything else right now.
When it was about midnight, the Detective drove home to his family. He parked his car in the driveway and got out. The house was very nice. Flowers blooming everywhere and bikes and scooters everywhere. The man entered his house.
“Hello, I’m home!” No one answered. He walked into the living room and saw his daughters sitting on the sofa, texting away while his wife was checking herself in the mirror. “Hello?” Their daughters looked up and smiled.
“Hi daddy, can we have an advance on our allowance?”
“I just gave you one yesterday?”
“Wes, be a dear.” His wife said. Before Wes could even give the $100 to his daughters, they snatched it away and ran to their rooms. Spoiled brats! Wes thought.
“So, how are you, sweetheart?”
“Hello, I’m busy!” Wes rolled his eyes and went up to his own private room that also was his office. He couldn’t live with this family anymore’ they were just taking advantage of him. He sighed. His partner, the only one who cared about him was missing, his family meant nothing to him and he was unwanted. He sighed and collapsed on his bed.
“Maybe tomorrow will be a better day,” Wes Timber thought. “Just maybe.” And he drifted off.






* * *


Kaden was the first twin to wake up. He was excited he didn’t have to go to school, because they had their driver’s test today. He ran to his brother’s room without even knocking. His room was not the teenage room, but the Detective room right now. Caiden had his head rested on his laptop, which was in sleep mode. Kaden smiled at what he was going to do next. He walked up to his brother and took a deep breath.
“CAIDEN, WAKE UP!” Caiden quickly jumped to his feet uneasily.
“What?!” Kaden smiled.
“Good morning.” Caiden scowled at him.
“Really?! Can you at least pretend to have manners?”
“Nope.” He sighed and walked over to his door. He changed his room back to the teenager’s room and walked over to his closet to pick out his clothes. “Aren’t you excited?”
“Driver’s test?”
“And it’s our 16th birthday! Happy birthday.” Caiden frowned at his clothes.
“Yeah, happy birthday.” Kaden punched his arm.
“Aw, come on! This is our best birthday, ever! Just hurry up and get dressed.” Caiden looked him over. He was wearing a red color-less shirt and baggy jeans. His hair was all messed up.
“Yup, because what you’re wearing is so appropriate.”
“We’re getting our license, not going to a business meeting.” He said walking out and slamming the door close. Caiden decided to wear something more appropriate. He wore a black button down shirt and jeans. He placed on a gray vest and combed his hair the way his father would always do it. Pushing it to the side. He placed on his sunglasses and headed downstairs.


Husain greeted them with a friendly hug.
“Happy birthday, boys!”
“Watch the hair, watch the hair!” Kaden grumbled. Husain just smiled and the let the boys go. “So, what’s our surprise?” His smile grew bigger. “It’s outside, come on.” They all headed outside and the boys gasped. Out front stood a red Ferrari and a silver Porsche.
“Wow!” Both boys said.
“Yup, your parents had this picked out when you were only 10.”
“I call the red Ferrari!” Kaden shouted, jumping into the car. Caiden faced Husain.
“Isn’t this a little too much?” He whispered. He shrugged.
“I don’t think so. I know you don’t like being spoiled, but what are you going to ride, a dump truck? Just enjoy it.” Caiden did like his car, it was exactly what he had imagined, but felt a little uneasy.
“Here I come, ladies! Kaden Luxton is his brand new car!” Both Husain and Caiden rolled their eyes.
“Come on you two. Let’s go.” Husain sat with Kaden and Caiden drove by himself. They both got to the California Motor Vehicle’s Department. They both filed out their papers and were tested immediately. Caiden rode flawlessly and of course, passed. Kaden on the other hand, barely passed. It was a good thing he was good at parallel parking or he would have never passed. They both went inside to get their new license and walked out excitingly. “Well?” Husain asked.
“I passed.” Caiden said. Husain wasn’t surprise. He was really asking Kaden.
“I think I did well.”
“You barely passed! I asked the person who tested you, they said she was about to fail you, but then I had to sweet talked that woman!”
“Yeah, well.” Not really caring. Caiden sighed.
“You’re impossible.”
“Okay boys, let-”
“I’ve gotta party to go to, I’ll see you guys later!” Kaden got in his new car and drove away with speed.
“Want me to drive you home?”
“I’ve got no other ride.” Caiden smiled and drove them both home.


Lucas came over when school had ended to bring Caiden his homework.
“Hey Caiden, so?” Caiden showed him his license.
“I got it.” He clapped his back.
“Nice!” He handed Caiden his homework. “Is that car really yours?”
“Yup.”
“Wow, you’re living the life.” Caiden frowned as he sat down on his bed.
“Not really.” He sighed.
“What do you mean?” Caiden faced his friend.
“Well, my mother’s not here, my father’s…missing, so how am I living the life?” His friend knitted his eyebrows.
“You’re living in this cool house.” Lucas pointed out.
“Yeah, but with who exactly? My brother, he’s always out. And I’ve got a staff, now tell me, am I really living with someone?” Lucas could feel Caiden crumbling as he said what was on his mind all this long. He didn’t like his life, no matter how good it was. He wasn’t spoiled like his brother, but just wanted someone to love him and take care of him. Lucas patted his shoulder.
“Don’t worry, life will turn around for you.” Caiden smiled.
“Thanks.”
“I’ve gotta go now, my mother’s gonna kill me if I don’t get back by dinner.”
“Enjoy making puzzles with your grandmother.” Caiden teased. Lucas snorted.
“Have you met her? She’s takes forever to place one piece!” They both laughed. “I’ll see you tomorrow, happy birthday.”
“Thanks.” Caiden said, smiling he had at least Lucas to talk to today. He was now alone in his room on his birthday. Just what every kid wants, he said to himself sarcastically.


Kaden was having the time of his life. Having a party and being the star. Everybody wanted to hang out with him now that he was the first one in his gang with a driver’s license and a cool car. Kaden thought, yeah, you all should be jealous! Kaden looked at his phone, 10 P.M.
“Guys, I better go.” Everybody groaned.
“Dude, it’s not even late yet!” A boy named Henry said.
“Yeah, but Caiden’s home alone, and it’s both our birthdays. I don’t think it’s fair to him.” Henry snorted.
“Since when do you care about him? You’ve been trying to ignore him all the time!” Kaden thought about what he said. It was true Kaden didn’t like being related to a nerd like Caiden. He always hung out with others and left him so he could be someone else. He was the oldest twin and didn’t want to take care of him anymore. But that call Caiden had made last time to come home, he sounded frightened and scared. Something he hadn’t showed in a long time.
“Since I figured out I was neglecting him.” He got in his car and drove home.


When he ran inside, he saw Caiden on the kitchen table, eating some cake while talking to Husain. “Hi guys.” They both looked at him with shock.
“Kaden? Why are you here?”
“Um, this is my house, you know.” Caiden shook his head.
“I meant, why are you here right now? You’re early!” He shrugged.
“I couldn’t leave you alone on our birthday.” Caiden looked at Husain.
“He’s sick, I know it.” Husain laughed.
“Maybe he’s trying to be nice?”
“Unless something supernatural happened to him, no way.” Kaden couldn’t believe that him coming early was such a miracle.
“I’m right here, you know? Anyway, let’s go.”
“Where?”
“For a drive, and you’re driving.” Caiden still looked in shock. Kaden sighed and got him up. “Let’s go.” He walked them both to Caiden’s car. Caiden got in the driver’s seat uneasy and Kaden sat in the front seat. “Well, start the car!”
“Oh, right.” He started the car and drove.


The highway at night looked almost abandoned. The trees surrounding them seem to grow creepier and the light of the moon showered the city. The roofless car gave them moonlight and a beautiful breeze that blew their hair. “So,” Caiden said slowly. “Why did you come home early?” Kaden sighed.
“It’s not fair that you have to spend your birthday alone.”
“And you now thought about that when it’s the middle of the night?” Caiden chuckled.
“I know, I know. I’m very sorry.”
“Hmm, Kaden Jamey Luxton is apologizing to me? This is strange.” He said smiling. Kaden smiled and punched his arm playfully.
“Just drive.”


They had been driving on the highway for about an hour. That’s when things went wrong. Kaden saw a car coming straight at them from the behind, but he knew the car would use the other lane. That wasn’t the case. The car drove right into them. Caiden and Kaden got thrust forward. “Caiden! Drive faster!” He did, but the car behind him was speeding up. Kaden could see the car driving on the other lane now and it drove ahead of the twin brother’s. Both brother’s exchanged nervous looks.
“Do you think he’s gone?”
“I don’t know.” Kaden admitted. Then, they saw the car again. Well, Kaden did, but not Caiden. The car came out of nowhere and hit the car. It drove out of control. Caiden tried to control it, but the car had a mind of its own right now. Finally, Caiden got the car straight and drove faster, but the car bumped them again and they drove right into a tree. Kaden saw the other car drive away. He waited a few minutes before looking back. He sighed with relief. “Caiden, I think we’re good now. You alright?”
He didn’t answer. Kaden looked next to him and saw his brother’s head laying backwards on the seat. He looked unconsciousness. Kaden shook him. “Caiden?” He groaned in pain. He didn’t look hurt, but the pain wasn’t physical. His glasses weren’t on him anymore. So, Kaden lifted both of his eyelids. His eyes were rolled over his head. Kaden quickly got out his phone and dialed 911. He looked at the car. The front and the back were badly damaged. But right now, Kaden was just hoping his brother would be alright.

Detective Timber was sitting on his chair, filing papers on his desk when his phone rang at about 10:50 P.M.
“Detective Wes Timber.”
“Hello, Wes! Remember me?” Said a snaky like voice. The hair on his neck stood up. Wes felt like he should recognize this voice, but couldn’t. He quickly placed the call on hold and asked everybody to help record the call for him, as he could feel this was important. He placed the call on speaker as everybody crowded around him and the LAPD went silent.
“Who are you?” Detective Wes asked with confident.
“You don’t know, no surprise. But I know someone who might. Caiden Luxton…with a C of course.” Detective Timber felt his heart climb up to his throat.
“How do you know who he is?!” Detective Timber demanded.
“He knows me, I know him. I have something you and the C, and K, dens want.” That’s when it hit him. He was the criminal who kidnapped his partner, and his children’s father.
“You! Where is he, tell me he’s alive or I swear I’ll kill you!”
“Now, now. He’s fine, I still need him as bait.” Detective Timber’s brain was melting. He couldn’t believe it, his partner was still alive! “Tell Caiden and Kaden I wish them a happy 16th birthday, but it might be one of the boys last birthdays. The smart one knows how smart and powerful I am. He knows I can’t be outsmarted.” Of course he was talking about Caiden. “He knows I have his father, that little brat! But no matter, the secret was going to spill anyway. To prove to you that if you don’t follow my requests and consequences will come, I have set a trap at exactly 11 P.M. tonight. Check for accidents because one of them will surprise you. Good bye Detective Timber, but don’t worry, we’ll talk again.” And the man hung up.

Detective Timber was still in shock that this partner was still alive. But right now, his partner’s children were in trouble.
“Track down any accidents happening at 11 P.M. to any kids! GO!” Everybody in the department ran around like crazy, tracking down any accidents and waiting for 11 P.M. to hit. Detective Timber couldn’t imagine what kind of damage the trap could cause. Could it actually kill one of them? “Contact the Luxton’s house and check if they are at home!” One of them did. After 5 minutes, the man hung up.
“No, sir, one of the staff at home said they had gone for a ride.” Detective Timber cussed.

When 11 P.M. hit, everybody was on alert, calling and tracking any accidents.
“I’ve got one!” A man shouted. Everybody dropped what they were doing and ran to the man, Detective Timber first.
“Well?!”
“A boy called 911, saying a car just tried to hit them and drove them into a tree. The driver, his brother, is unconsciousness but the boy who called is fine.” Detective Timber cussed out loud.
“Where are they? Where was the accident?” The man turned back to his computer.
“The accident happened on the pacific coast highway. The boys are at the East LA hospital.”
“I’m going, where’s Mike?”
“Right here.” He said, creeping up from the crowd.
“Come on!” The both of them drove to the hospital.






* * *

Kaden was fine, he didn’t need a bit of medical attention. Unlike Caiden. Kaden was relieved that his brother was fine. He sat on a hospital bed as he held the ice pack on his head as the doctor started testing his vision. They tried using a light to see if his vision was fine, but that dazed him for a few minutes. So, the doctor just waved his finger around and Caiden followed it with his eyes.
“Okay, your vision seems fine.” Caiden blinked a couple of times.
“So why do I see black spots?”
“It’ll clear up in a few minutes.” He started checking his neck and poking it. “Is your neck stiff?”
“No.”
“How’s your head?” Caiden thought about it.
“Like when my brother hit my head with a real hammer.” The doctor looked at Kaden.
“Why’d you do that?” Kaden smiled as he remembered the good old times.
“We were 5 and playing Whac-a-Mole.”
“He accidentally took a real hammer instead of the fake one.” Caiden chuckled.
“And I was angry at him, so I banged it on his head.” The doctor smiled.
“You two are very strange.”
“So, is he alright?” Kaden asked. The doctor did a few more tests and checked for any broken bones or injuries. Caiden still kept his grip on the ice pack that was freezing his brain, but kept the huge bump on his head numb.
“Yes, I think he’s fine. Just a minor concussion, but nothing bad.” Kaden sighed with relief and slouched back in his chair. Caiden raised an eye brow.
“Since when are you so worried about me?” Kaden blushed.
“Pshw! Me, worried, nah!” The doctor smiled at Caiden.
“The cool one’s break down eventually.” Caiden managed a smile at Kaden. Instantly, Caiden saw Detective Timber and Mike run into the room.
“Hi.” Caiden said with a smile. The Detective and Mike stared at him.
“Are you alright?”
“Fine.” They all sighed with relief.
“Wait, how’s you know we’d be here?” Kaden asked. They blushed.
“No reason.”
“Doctor Earner, please report to room 213.”
“That’s me, I’ll be right back.” And the doctor left. The Detective faced Caiden.
“You’re sure you’re fine?” Caiden took a deep breath.
“Detective Wes Timber, I promise you I am fine.” He lied. It hurt to talk, smile or even laugh. But he kept a bright smile on his face. He just wanted to go home and rest. He didn’t like this much attention, he wasn’t like Kaden.
“But how did you know we’d be here?” Kaden repeated himself again. Mike raised his hand.
“Because, the criminal who took your father has him alive and planned the car accident.” Detective Timber turned to Mike and glared at him.
“Really, now’s the time to tell them that?!”
“What, you weren’t going to tell them?”
“Not now!” Mike flushed.
“Oh…right. Forget what I said. Your father’s still missing and the car accident was just an…accident?” Detective Timber slapped his hand on his forehead. Caiden smiled vanished instantly.
“What?” He said softly. The Detective looked up at the boy who looked terrified. He didn’t want to tell them right now, not after the accident. But the big mouth fool next to him doesn’t know when to shut up.
“Listen, we just got a call from the criminal who kidnapped your father. He still has him hostage…and he’s still alive. He set this whole trap up so he could show us that if we don’t go with the plan…consequences can happen.”
“So, he tried to kill you. Isn’t this the best 16th birthday ever?” Mike said happily. Detective Timber was getting irritated with him now.
“Mike,” He said, trying to hide his anger. “Go wait in the car, I’ll be right there.”
“Got it. Enjoy the rest of your birthdays, guys.” And Mike left. The Detective’s faced both twins. Kaden didn’t really understand the whole situation, but Caiden just looked like he had been slapped across the face.
“He’s still alive?” Kaden asked. Detective Timber nodded. Caiden said nothing.
“All this time…he was alive?” Caiden whispered. Detective Timber nodded.
“But don’t worry, we’ll get him back.” The phone in Caiden’s pocket rang. He got it out and read the number, UNKNOWN NUMBER. He answered it.
“Hello?”
“Caiden Luxton, how are you?” Caiden couldn’t breathe anymore. His voice didn’t work anymore. Kaden walked up to him and placed the phone on speaker.
“Hello?”
“Hello twins, how was your drive? I’m sorry if I caused you trouble, but I wanted to show the LAPD what I am capable of.” Kaden grinded his teeth.
“You know what I’m going to do to you? I’ll Squash you like a bug, that’s what!”
“Really, and what if I said I could do the same to your father?” Kaden froze. The snaky-like voice laughed. “Yes, I told you I can’t be beaten. Now, remember to tell the LAPD that they wouldn’t be necessarily in charge of this mission. It all up to the both of you…well actually, it’s Caiden’s mission.”
“Which one?” Kaden said.
“The one with the ice pack on his head.” Detective Timber and Kaden gasped. “Yes, I have been following you both. I know your every move and where you are right now. Caiden is the one who will be in charge of this. He’s the one who has been tracking me. So, I want him and you to escort the money to me. I’ll tell you more information tomorrow. Good night and happy 16th birthday. You better enjoy it while it lasts.” And the call went dead. Kaden managed to close the phone. They looked at Caiden and his expression was blank.

Even his own twin brother couldn’t tell what he was feeling. Surprised, shocked, relived, scared? Neither did Caiden. So many different emotions hit him that it made his head hurt even more.
“Come on, boys, I’ll take you home.” Kaden helped his brother and the Detective helped them both outside to his car. Mike drove the boy’s home. He glanced back to see the one whose expression was shocked. Kaden made small talks how Dad would be fine, but Caiden didn’t respond. He just looked out the window and wasn’t really listening to Kaden. With his massive headache, he couldn’t process everything that had happened so quickly like he normally could. His father was still alive? He was the main target? He was in a car accident? So many questions rushed at him, but none of them made any sense.

When they finally got home, the boys got out of the car.
“Are you sure the both of you will be alright?”
“Yes.” Kaden spook for the both of them. “Thanks again.” And dragged Caiden inside. Husain was pacing around the room. When he saw the boys, he ran over to them and checked them if they were alright.
“Are you both okay?” Kaden nodded.
“Yeah, Caiden’s just got a minor concussion, nothing major. I’ll just take him upstairs.” Kaden helped his brother upstairs, who didn’t even seem to know how to control his muscles or bones. He helped him into his room and sat him down on his bed. “Caiden, listen, it’s not as bad as it seems.” Caiden looked at him for a second. “Okay, maybe it is, but so what? We can get through any problem!” Caiden finally found his voice.
“He tried to kill us, Kaden.” His voice cracking up.
“He just said it was a demonstration. Plus, I’m fine, and you’re fine and now we know Dad’s fine.” Caiden lowered his head.
“But for how long?” Kaden bit his lip. He didn’t know what to say anymore. He wasn’t good at many things, especially cheering up his brother. He knew nothing about him as he had tried to ignore Caiden his whole life. He didn’t want to be mistaken as the one who was all nerdy, but wanted to be cool. But he didn’t care about being cool right now, he just wanted his brother to be fine. And alive.
“Why don’t you rest? I think we could all use some sleep.” He headed out but looked back at his brother one more time. “Don’t worry, everything will be fine.” He said, closing the door. He couldn’t believe he just said that. It was the corniest thing he had ever said, and knew it didn’t make his twin brother feel a bit better. He walked to his room and collapsed on his bed, too tired to think and drifted off.

Caiden’s head hurted, but he didn’t want to go to sleep, he wanted to track that criminal and get his father back. He changed his room to Detective mode. He carefully sat on his chair without collapsing. He plugged his phone in his laptop and tried his best to trace the call the criminal had called him from. The computer started loading and it took approximately 5 hours. But Caiden had fallen asleep when it just loaded for a second.


Caiden woke up suddenly to a beep from his laptop. He felt his head. The bump had gotten smaller, but it hurted like crazy. Black spots danced around his eyes. He tried to stand up, but he fell down again, almost passing out. He shook himself to his senses. He looked at his laptop. The call was traced back to a Phone Booth in…New York? They were in New York? His phone rang again. The number, UNKNOWN NUMBER, appeared again. Caiden held his breath, but answered it.
“H-hello?” Said Caiden, very shaken. A snake-like voice laughed.

“Good morning, Caiden. How’d you sleep?” He tried his best to sound more confident then how he felt.
“Terrible, thank to you!”
“You’re very welcome. So, I have been so mean lately.”
“Really, I thought you were being sweet as a daisy?!” But the man ignored him.
“How about a treat? Do you want to talk to your father?” Caiden chocked back a sob.
“M-my D-Dad?”
“Y-y-yes!” He said mocking his scary tone. The phone went silent for a moment, but then Caiden heard a man’s voice.
“Caiden, is that you?” Caiden felt tears rushing down his checks.
“D-Dad?” The man’s voice sighed with relief.
“Yes, son, it’s me.” Caiden cried.
“Are you alright?”
“I’m fine, Caiden. But listen, do not make any deals with this-” Someone took the phone from him.
“Listen to me, Caiden. If you ever, and I mean, ever want to see your father again, you will do exactly as I say!” Caiden wiped the tears and stopped crying.
“What?!” He declared. Over the phone, the man snickered.
“That’s a good boy. Two days from now, I want both you and your twin brother to come to New York with 2 million dollars. In cash!”
“What about polices?”
“If you dare, and I mean dare get the police involved in this situation, you will be sorry.”
“Who’s going to pay?”
“You are a smart one. Either I shot you right there and your father.”
“What about Kaden?”
“I might let him go. You know, let him suffer that he doesn’t have a father or you anymore.”
“You are a twisted person.”
“Yes, yes I am. I know you tracked this call, I know you are smarted than the police or your brother. But smartness will cost you and your father’s life.” And he hung up. Caiden didn’t feel like crying, more like throwing up. His father, the one he had been worried sick and searching for, for the past 8 months had actually talked to him. His head hurt, his stomach churned and his face was turning green.

Kaden came in.
“Hey, are you cumin’” Kaden saw his brother and knew something was wrong. He just stared at his phone and his pale face that had now turned green. Kaden walked over to him. “What happened?” Caiden sighed.
“More bad news.” He told him that the man had called, that he had heard his father’s voice and that he wanted them to fly to New York with 2 million dollars with no cops. After Caiden was done talking, Kaden sat down on the bed.
“Wow that is bad news.” Caiden didn’t feel so good anymore. “Are you going to throw up, because I’ll run out of here right now.” Caiden shook his head, trying to swallow his vomit. Kaden tapped his lips.
“We need to go to Detective Timber.”
“What about sch-” Caiden stopped. “Forget school, our father needs us.” Kaden smiled.
“The great Caiden Jamie Luxton, not going to school? Call the Medias!” Caiden managed a smile, but even that took too much effort from him. Caiden quickly got dressed, well not quickly unless he wanted to faint, and met his brother downstairs. He collapsed onto the chair. Getting dressed and walking down a few flight of stairs took a lot out of him. “Maybe you should eat something.”
“Unless you have the biggest tablet for relieving a huge headache and nausea, I’m not very hungry.”
“Eat, because I’m not going to catch you if you pass out.” So Caiden ate his breakfast. He didn’t enjoy it, but it did make him feel a lot better.




“Okay, let’s go.”
“Fine, but I’m driving.” Caiden gulped.
“Um…I think that’s dangerous.” Kaden sneered at him.
“I passed, didn’t I?” Caiden couldn’t argue with him anymore. So, reluctantly, he got in the front seat of his brother’s car as he drove. The whole ride was a disaster. He ran over stop signs, red lights and parked with such force, Caiden felt nausea flowing over him again. But if he even threw up in his brother’s car, Kaden would kill him. They both got of the car and headed towards the Los Angeles Police Station.

When they first entered, everybody looked at them with shock. “Dude, do I have something on my face?” He asked the crowd. Caiden nudged him to shut up. Detective Timber stepped up.
“Hello boys, do you need something?”
“A place to talk privately would be nice.” Caiden told him. Detective Timber nodded and led the two of them to a room that might had been a break room. It had a microwave, a coffee machine and a pool table. They all sat on the chair.




“So, what was it you wanted to talk about?” Detective Timber asked. Both of the boys looked at the window where everybody was crowded. Caiden was beginning to feel uncomfortable. Detective Timber sighed and closed the blinds on all the windows. He looked over at the boys for a second. Caiden looked like he just aged overnight! His face was green, he looked weak and his head laid on his hand, as if 10 pounds was too much to hold up.
“Well, you can ask Caiden.” He blushed.
“I told you the story, you can tell him!” He hissed at his brother.
“You’re the main victim and the witness, so tell him.” The Detective looked over at the boys.
“Is anybody going to tell me?” Caiden cleared his throat nervously.

“The criminal who had held my father called again.” Detective Timber’s eyes widened. “I spoke to my father, he told me not to trust the criminals or make any deals with him.” He knitted his eyebrows, trying to remember. “The man wants 2 million dollars delivered to him in New York, that’s where both his calls were made from a Phone Booth. He wants me and Kaden to go.”
“Caiden and Dad are the real victims here. He said no cops or else both of them are…” He didn’t finish the thought but everybody understood. “Anyway, I don’t think I play a major role in this mystery.”
“Actually, you are.” Caiden said, raising his head.
“Um, Caiden, making me suffer that you and Dad might be gone is not a major role.”
“No, no, I have an idea. It’s risky, but it will work for sure.”
“Well, are you going to tell us?” Detective Timber asked him.
“Um, not now. It’s…never mind.” The Detective raised a brow.
“You just said it would work for sure?”
“Uh…I found a flaw in it. Sorry.” Caiden lied.
“Okay, okay, so we both have to deliver the money in two days in New York. That’s something, right?” Kaden protested.
“What lead? We don’t know where they’re going to meet us, weather on not they’ll just take our father and the money and go, or whether or not we’ll be shot right there!” Caiden declared.
“Calm down, that’s not going to happen.” Detective Timber said. “We’ll chip the both of you.”
“I’m not in the mood for cookies right now, thank you.” Caiden rolled his eyes.
“No, you idiot. He means a computer chip. They’re going to put a tracking device in us.”
“Yes.” Detective Timber said.
“Two days, and you’ll actually give them the money?” Detective Timber laughed nervously.
“No, why on Earth would we do that?”
“Because that’s our father’s price for his life and 2 million dollars isn’t a lot for his life.” Caiden said softly. Detective Timber flushed. That was his partner and these boys father. 2 million really didn’t seem like a lot for his life. He cleared his throat.
“I mean, we can’t just give criminals 2 million dollars, they’ll buy more weapon or transportation to flee the country! No, we’re going to make fake 2 million dollars.” Both twins knew he was right, handing criminals such a great amount of money wasn’t such a bright idea. “You two better get some rest. Don’t go to school right now and stay at home for your sakes. We’ll schedule a plan to take you to New York and get you the 2 million dollars. If he calls again, call me immediately!” He said handing Caiden a card that said his phone number.
“Okay, thank you again, Detective Timber.” He smiled.
“Of course he’s my partner and your father. We’ll save him, don’t worry.” When the boys were gone, Detective Timber was about to collapse. He held the dread inside of him too long. His partner was alive and there was proof. He was sending two teenage boys to get their father and to negotiate with a criminal. Completely normal, he thought to himself.

The day went by fast. The Detective was busy scheduling two tickets for the twins to New York and was also working on how to get 2 million fake money. The day quickly turned into night. The sun disappeared and the moon spread its light all over the city of Los Angeles. It was funny how if a person was miserable, it seemed as if the whole city was miserable. Detective Timber and Mike were working together and staying awake since the middle of the night.


When it was about 8 in the morning, they got a call from the twins.
“Hello?” Detective Timber said tiredly.
“Wow, you sound terrible!” it was Kaden. “Anyway, I just called to tell you he called and wants to meet us in the New York Harbor.”
“Okay, are you both alright?”
“Yeah.”
“Where’re Caiden? How’s he doing?” Kaden didn’t answer for a while.
“He’s fine.” He said slowly.
“What are you both up to?”
“Pshw! Nothing! Oh, Caiden wanted to ask if he could bring something’s.”
“Like what?”
“Equipment that the TSA wouldn’t approve of.” Detective Timber hesitated for a moment, but remembered that Caiden was a real smart boy and his equipment might come in handy.
“Okay then. I have the plane scheduled to take you there tonight.”
“Okay.” Kaden said very quickly. “We’ll see you in a bit, bye!” And the phone went dead. The Detective stared at the phone.
“I think he’s hiding something. The both of them are up to something.”
“Right now, the only thing I want to figure out is why you wouldn’t be quiet so I can finally sleep!” Mike bellowed. Detective Timber rolled his eyes.








* * *

Kaden quickly turned the phone off. He didn’t want him to hear the explosion. BOOM! Kaden quickly ran over and found his brother on the floor, groaning in pain.
“This wasn’t the smartest plan.” Kaden said. Caiden glared at him.
“Shut up and help me!” Kaden did. They were trying to break open the family vault so that they could grab 2 million dollars. Yes, Caiden thought that they might be watching them and might want to go safe and take real money instead of fake ones.
“So, is the safe open yet?” Caiden touched the black smudge that was there.
“Almost, once more will do the trick.”
“Ugh!” Caiden placed on a little black box on the safe and it stuck on. It had a timer that blinked red, counting down from 2 minutes. “What is that?”
“I designed it. It’s a small TNT.”
“WHAT?!”
“It doesn’t do so much harm. Only to whatever it’s stuck on, but to be safe, stand back.”
“What about you?” He sighed.
“I’ve got to press a red button when it hits zero.” Kaden back up, hoping his brother wouldn’t explode. “Duck!” He yelled. Kaden quickly ducked, and heard the loud explosion. When the fog cleared up, he saw his brother about to fall off the railings. He quickly grabbed him by the collar and pulled him up. “T-thanks.” Kaden started breathing hard.
“No…problem.” Caiden waved the smoke away and looked at the safe. He touched it with his finger and it fell backwards. He smiled at Kaden.
“Well?” Kaden rolled his eyes.
“Good work.” Caiden smiled happily and hopped inside the safe. The safe was piled with money, and luckily, none of it was burned up or destroyed. 10 million dollars and piles of gold bars. Caiden got the black bag from Kaden and started filling it up with 2 million dollars. He placed a note in it that said, REAL! He strapped it around his back.
“You remember the plan?” Caiden asked him. Kaden nodded.
“I have the fake 2 million dollars while you have the real 2 million dollars. We talked with them while you’ll take Dad and the real money. We’ll have a little goose chase and then, we’ll fly off and come home, easy!” But Caiden’s face looked pretty uneasy. “Why, what’s wrong?” He rubbed his temples.
“Things always seem so easy, but they really aren’t. Anything could go wrong.”
“That’s why having a brainy twin brother comes in handy!” He smiled at Kaden. “Anyway, the plane’s scheduled to take us tonight. So, you might want to take some equipment.” Caiden’s smile widened.
“Let’s go!” He led him into his room.

Caiden’s weapon closet was actually a walk- in closet. It had every weapon known to demand, and some that even the military would be jealous of. Caiden took another black bag and stuffed a bunch of weapons in it.
“What’s that?” He asked, pointing a very skinny looking gun.
“A blowgun, well, more modern.” He fired at a dart board and a wooden stick came out of it. “Knocks people unconsciousness for a few minutes, but it’s good.”
“Sweet, got anything that I could use?” Caiden smile just kept growing bigger.
“How good are you with a Taser?”

When they were all ready, they had a pack with real 2 million dollars and a weapon in another. They decided that they might need to trick the criminal so they dressed and looked the same. They dressed in black shirts and jeans, Kaden ideas, and wore a dark blue blazer, Caiden’s idea. They both combed their hair down over like their fathers, but it took a while for Kaden to get used to the idea. Caiden placed on his sunglasses.
“Dude, they’ll tell us apart if one of us is wearing sunglasses!”
“Well, is it my fault I don’t want to get blinded?” Kaden rolled his eyes.
“I’ve got an idea.” He ran out Caiden’s room and came back with the exact same sunglasses as Caiden’s.
“Where’s you get those?” Caiden asked in surprise.
“They’re Dads.”
“Oh.” Caiden said blankly. He didn’t like the idea that his idiotic brother was wearing his father’s favorite sunglasses and might break them, but it was for the best. Both twins looked at themselves in the mirror and gasped.
“Is that me? I look like a nerd!” Kaden cried.
“We will never talk about this or dress like this again, agreed?”
“Agreed!” Kaden said quickly. Caiden tilted his head, looking at the mirror. They looked very alike, but something stood out about them. “It’s our skin tone and hair.” Kaden said flatly.
“What?”
“I think it’s our skin tone and hair that’s standing out. Just try to stay under the shadows so he wouldn’t notice you have lighter traits.” Caiden nodded. DING DONG! They gathered their stuff and walked downstairs. No staff was here today because Caiden supposedly gave them a vacation. They answered the door. It was Detective Timber and Mike. They gasped when they looked at the twins.
“What happened?!”
“Did a bomb go off?” Both twin’s eyes twinkled under their sunglasses, holding back a chuckle.
“We have a plan. Stupid, but better than nothing.” Kaden quickly told them. The two adults stared at the boys.
“Are you crazy?! Risking your fathers and your lives and 2 million dollars?!” Detective Timber bellowed.
“Got a better idea?” Kaden declared. They all fell silent.
“Fine, but here.” They handed them each a black ear piece, no bigger than a chocolate chip. The twin’s placed it in their ears. Mike took out a walkie-talkie.
“Testing, one, two, three. Can you hear me?” Both twins nodded.
“So Caiden, what equipment do you have that aren’t legal?” Caiden took out the skinny gun and fired it at Mike. He collapsed instantly. Detective Timber stared at Caiden nervously.
“He’s not dead, is he?”
“Dear god, no! I’m not stupid, just unconsciousness for a few minutes.”
“I’ve got a Taser, want me to-”
“NO!” Detective Timer and Caiden said instantly. Detective Timber dragged Mike into the car and the twins sat in the back of the Black Nissan as they headed to the airport.

They arrived at the Los Angeles World Airport. Detective Timber quickly parked his car and took the two boys inside. They skipped the line as Detective Timber showed his badge and passed the boys and him from inspection. Nobody wanted to see a Taser in the airport. They stood by the gate that lead to the airplane to New York. Detective Timber faced the boys. He tried to guess which one was which. Pale skin, Caiden; fair skin, Kaden.
“Boys, I just want you to know that you wouldn’t be alone. I’ll be there soon, just not right now. I have to talk with the Chief in letting the LAPD to go to New York. The NYPD is already set, now it’s up to the both of you.” He gave the boys an awkward hug and handed them a black bag, filled with the fake 2 million dollars. And their plane tickets. He winked at Caiden. “Leave some criminals for me to defeat.” The boy smiled.
“Okay.” They headed inside and hoped for the best.

The plane ride wasn’t all bad, except Caiden didn’t sleep and Kaden tried to sleep, but a kid behind him kept on kicking his seat.
“I’m going to kill that boy!” Kaden hissed at Caiden, clenching his fists. Caiden touched his arm.
“Clam down, we have more things to worry about.” When the plane landed, Caiden and Kaden grabbed their bags and headed for the arrival section of the JFK airport. Caiden’s cell phone ran immediately. He looked at it. UNKNOWN NUMBER. He sighed. “It’s our little buddy.” He answered it. “Hello?” He said with no surprise or reaction.
“Hello, Caiden,” Said the snaky voice. “How was your flight?”
“Fine, thanks for asking.”
“Very good, very good. Now I want both you boys to walk outside and spot a guy in a black suit and a limo.”
“Wow, that’s specific.” Kaden said, eavesdropping on the conversation. The man sighed.
“He has a sign with your name on it, now get in the car so I can meet you both!”
“Aren’t you going to greet us here? You know, give us a welcome hug or something? How about a fruit basket? I like fruit baskets!” Kaden cheered.
“Let me guess, that’s the stupid one talking?”
“Hey, this twin had a name!”
“Both you have the same names. Not that I really care.” And he hung up. Caiden grinded his teeth.
“Great, just great.” Both the twins walked outside, but before they did, they went into the bathroom. They placed their weapons inside the blazer’s pocket. It was easier for Kaden as he placed his Taser that looked like a phone and Swiss army knife that looked like a pen. Caiden hid his skinny gun in his shoes and his mini BB gun which shoots metal pellets in his blazer’s pocket.

They both walked out the airport and found the man in a black suit, limo and a white sign. It said, CAIDEN AND KADEN LUXTON. HELLO. It said. Caiden knew they could have said something more terrible or threatening, but people would question the sign. The twins took a deep breath and walked over to the man. He stared at them with his dark green eyes for a second then pushed them both in the limo.

When they finally stopped, they arrived at Manhattan and were pushed onto a dock. Many events were happening around them. It looked like a sort of Carnival. People were selling free balloons, ice cream and playing some games. Caiden walked uneasily. The hair behind his neck stood up as the man dragged them to the corner of the dock where it wasn’t that crowded. A man in a white suit and grayish, whitish hair so long, it was tied in a ponytail, stood at the corner of the dock. He smiled kindly at the twins as they approached him.
“Well hello!” He said in a snaky voice and a creepier tone that made Caiden shiver. “It’s so nice to finally meet you in person!” The twins looked at each other for a moment and shared a thought. RUN! But they decided to stick around for a while. The man shook hands with the twins. He tapped his finger on his chin and tilted his head. “Now which one is which?” He stared back and forth at the two and both their heartbeats raced. The man turned to the palish boy and smiled. He took off his sunglasses. He hesitated for a minute, then threw his head back and laughed. “You look like a miniature version of your father! The same blue and amber eyes and the pale skin! You even dress like him!”
Caiden couldn’t breathe anymore. Kaden could feel his tension. The man placed the boy’s sunglasses on again. “Speaking of your father. Boys!” He yelled. 4 men came in, walking with a very tall man. He was in a white tuxedo, but his face didn’t look as fancy as he looked. His skin was pale and his face looked smooth, but his amber eye and blue eye looked very terrified. When he saw his children, he gasped. So did the twins. They both took off their sunglasses to see if it was really true.
“D-Dad?” Both twins said, holding their breath. The man managed a smile but it was clearly forced.
“Hello, children. My goodness have you grown!” The kids just stared at their father for a moment. Caiden felt like he was going to have a heart attack. His father, the one who had been missing for 8 months was now standing right in front of them. Caiden chocked back a sob.
“How dare you kidnap our father?! Why I outta…” Caiden quickly placed a hand on his twin brother’s arm and that didn’t really help.
“Calm down.” He said soothingly, that everybody just looked at him for a second. He turned to the man and kept a straight face. “You know who were are, now how about introducing yourself.” The man smiled.
“Very smart. Alright then, my name is Cameron Hicks. I am a world famous criminal, but haven’t ever been caught.”
“Until now! When I’m done with you, you’ll be nothing more than a-”Caiden clapped his hand over his brother’s mouth.
“Okay, we’ve all had a family reunion and introduced each other, now let’s get to business.” Caiden said calmly, wondering how he could sound so confident right now. He felt like he wanted to cry, but his expression didn’t say that at all. Cameron clapped his hand with delight and smiled at Tristan Luxton.
“Tristan, I just love this kid! I think I’ll keep him for myself.” Tristan quickly bit his tongue from saying something stupid. He turned back to Caiden. “Alright, do you have the money?”
“Yes.” Kaden said, tossing the man the bag with money. One of the men opened it up and smiled.
“It’s the money, boss.” He said in a deep voice. Caiden looked at his brother and winked. Kaden nodded. Kaden’s hand went into his blazer’s pocket and Caiden ducked down as if to tie his black shoes. Nobody really cared what they were doing, as they were too deep into their thought, wondering what to buy with 2 million dollars. But Tristan noticed. He saw a peak of the weird looking weapons and smiled at his son. They smiled back and mouthed, we’ll get you out of here. His father nodded agreeingly, like he knew his sons were the Superman’s in his life right now. Kaden pulled out the phone-looking device that was the Taser, and Caiden pulled out the skinny-looking gun. Kaden zapped the man behind them and he fell to the ground. Everybody looked up and gasped.
“Let our father go!” They both said. Caiden fired at two men and they instantly collapsed on the ground. Cameron Hicks looked up in shock. But then he smiled.
“I knew Caiden would think of something, and of course bring something’s. Boys!” He yelled again. An army of men pointed guns at the two twins. Everybody in the dock yelled in terror and started running for cover. Cameron took Tristan’s neck with his arm and pointed a gun at him. “Put the weapons down, or your father gets it!” Caiden’s hand’s trembled. His twin brother looked at him. His stare was clear, what do we do now?! Even Caiden didn’t know now.

He looked around him, pass the men holding guns at them. There were a few boats, but they were far away. The man started walking backwards to the water and that’s when Caiden found out what was going to happen. The man was going to jump with Tristan Luxton and the 2 million dollars.
“Don’t do it!” Caiden shouted. “Are you mad?!”
“For money, I’d do anything.”
“Even give away your own life?!” Kaden said, understanding now why Caiden was trembling in fear.
“I’ll be alright!” Caiden faced his brother in fright. He mouthed, RUN! His brother shook his head. He mouthed, NO, I’M NOT LEAVING YOU! Caiden tapped his ear, where the earpiece was and mouthed, LAPD and NYPD, GO, WE’LL BE FINE! Kaden hesitated for a moment, then nodded. He Tasered his way out of the circle and ran. The men were about to shoot, but Cameron just laughed. “Don’t, this is too hilarious! Your brother leaves you here and runs for safety? That is hilarious!” He said laughing hysterically.

Caiden was on his own. His father stared at him like, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO? Caiden knew exactly what he had to do. The man jumped with his money and the twin’s father and Caiden jumped into the water too.

Kaden ran, not knowing where. He stopped when everybody was out of sight. He didn’t see his brother, father or Cameron anymore and knew what happened. He was being pushed by people who were running away in fear. Kaden tapped his earpiece.
“DETECTIVE TIMBER, ARE YOU THERE?!”
“I’m almost there.”

“Detective, the man took my father and jumped into the Harbor!”
“WHAT?!”
“And Caiden did too!” The Detective cussed.
“I’m on a helicopter and am only minutes away, where are you?!”
“A-at the dock, there are people with guns almost everywhere!”
“Just hold on!” And the earpiece went dead.

Detective Timber was driving the helicopter as fast as he could. Other helicopters rode next to him. Some were the LAPD and most of them were the NYPD. This was a disaster. Detective Timber sent two children to rescue their father and one of them was probably drowning, along with his father and the criminal mastermind. Just a normal day for Detective Wes Timber. He flew over the harbor and saw three…pigeons? No…people! 3 people in the Harbor. One man had another man’s neck wrapped in his arm while he was attempting to shoot the other person, Caiden. Caiden grabbed the gun and pointed it up. When the man fired, it fired straight for the helicopter’s, but missed. The man pushed Caiden underwater with great force. “NO!” Detective Timber yelled.
“THIS THE LAPD AND THE NYPD, GET OUT OF THE WATER AND LET THE BOY AND THE MAN GO!” Detective Timber yelled from a microphone, which broadcasted all the way down. The man looked up for a second and stopped pushing the boy down. The Detective waited for the boy to come up, gasping for air, but that didn’t happen. “NO!” Detective Timber yelled louder. The criminal and the man started swimming up where a wooden ladder was attached on the dock. They quickly climbed up. With the man, who Detective Timber knew now was Tristan Luxton, he ran across town.

Detective Wes Tiber looked down at the water nervously, waiting for the boy to come up, but that didn’t happen. He placed his head in his hands.
“I’m sorry,” Said a voice in his headset. “I don’t think-”
“Wait!” Said another voice in the Detective’s headset. “Look!” Detective Timber slowly looked up. What he saw made his speechless. He saw a boy climbing the wooden ladders and met up with another boy that looked exactly like him and hugged for a second, then ran after the man. Detective Timber didn’t know what to feel. Realized, surprised, scared, nervous? He just landed down on the dock and got out, running after the boys and the criminal with his partner.

Caiden really didn’t have any air left when the man pushed his down, but he learned a trick about how to survive in a lot of water pressure and held his breath. When he was sure the criminal was out of his sight, he swam up and gasped for air. He quickly climbed the ladder and met his brother, who almost looked like he was about to cry. Kaden hugged his brother.
“Are you okay?!” Caiden was still trying to gasp for air, but didn’t have time.
“Where…are-” Kaden saved his brother’s breathe.
“They ran over there!” He said, pointing to the city. Then, the boys ran after the criminal. Caiden was in no shape to run right now. His lungs were filled with water and he wanted to catch his breath. But his father was in trouble. Somehow, he still had the real money, and his weapons. He took out his gun quickly when he got close to the man and shot randomly at nobody, but to get the criminals attention that he had a weapon too. People screamed in terror and ran.

The boys ran with all their speed. The criminal ran to a parking lot. The few people that were there were running away as a shooting was about to happen. The criminal ducked behind a car and shot a few bullets, along with his men. The boys hid behind a car and Caiden started shooting.

When Detective Timber finally found the boys and the criminal, he quickly ducked behind the same car the boys were behind. He saw Caiden was the one shooting, and he was doing a pretty good job of it too. Kaden was shooting too with a skinny looking gun that knocked the criminal unconsciousness. Detective Timber started shooting as well.

The shootings went on forever in Kaden’s mind. He just wanted his father back and to go home. Not almost die!
“Kaden, give me the Taser!” Caiden yelled. He quickly did and Caiden ran over to the side. He opened it up and started fiddling with the wires. He shot a bullet in it and dropped water from his hair onto the Taser. Electricity started sparking. Caiden quickly threw it in the center of the fight. He shot a bullet with his gun, but it didn’t fire anything. No more bullets.
Caiden quickly took Detective Timber’s gun and fired at the Taser. It exploded, causing cars to flip over, the criminal’s men to fall over and groan in pain. Kaden was knocked out of his feet and so was Detective Timber. Caiden and the criminal with his father in his arm were the only one that weren’t stunned.
“Nice trick, but it doesn’t do much, now does it?” He started running again. Caiden cussed, grabbed the Detective’s gun, as his gun had no more bullets left and ran after him.

When Kaden and Detective Timber could regain focus, they looked around. Caiden was gone and so was the criminal with the boy’s father.
“We need to go after them!” Kaden said. Detective Timber nodded, grabbed Kaden’s hand and they both ran after the three, with no weapon but a Swiss army knife Kaden had brought out.

Caiden was so furious. His father was just a few feet’s away and he couldn’t get to him. He started shooting at the man, careful not to get his father shot. The man stopped suddenly and hid behind a car.
“Caiden, you know what?” He said still firing and Caiden also fired. “I don’t want your father, I just want you!” He let the man go and headed towards Caiden. He grabbed the boy by the waist and took the gun away from him. He pointed his own gun at the boy and people screamed.
“Let me go!” Caiden demanded. The LAPD, the NYPD, and Detective Timber and Kaden looked at the man holding Caiden.
“LET MY BROTHER GO!” Kaden yelled in a microphone, that he stole from a nearby officer.
“Oh, good idea, Kaden!” He looked up at the building. A construction site that had metal bars hanging for the support of the building. It was about 5 stories high. Caiden felt dizzy all of a sudden.
“You wouldn’t!” Detective Timber yelled.
“Oh, but I would! And if you try to follow, I’ll shoot him right now!” Caiden tried to get free, but this man was strong. “For too long, too long I have waited for a moment to destroy a Luxton!” Caiden managed to choke out a word.
“Why?” He asked.
“Because, Caiden Luxton, your family generation has always been Detectives, and they’ve always been after my family for a reason! It’s payback time!” He ran to the construction site with Caiden and climbed up to the top.

Kaden watched the horrible view as the two of them were up on a construction building and the man pointed a gun at Caiden. Caiden started to step back, and if he took 20 steps back, he’d be dead!
“WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING!”
“PEOPLE, I NEED SOMETHING TO CATCH THAT BOY IF HE FALLS!” Mike stepped in from the crowd.
“I’ve got a few air bags that open immediately!”
“Okay, let’s get to work!” With the help of the NYPD and the LAPD, they placed 3 airbags around where Caiden might fall.

Caiden looked down. Airbags were laid over where he was. He could fall and might not die, but he still wanted revenge for this man taking his father. He did something that he never did. He kicked the gun right out of the man’s hand and they fought. Caiden did a little flip and started punching the man around. The man was old, but still did the same moves as Caiden did.

Detective Timber’s eyes widened.
“They’re fighting?! Up there?!”
“Since when did Caiden know how to do Gymnastics?” He was doing summersaults, flipping over the man and hitting him around. The man was doing the same.
“They’re going to fall!” One of the officers said. It was true, the man had kicked Caiden a little too hard and now he was balancing to get up straight, but couldn’t. The man hit him one more time, but Caiden did too. They both fell 5 stories. Kaden watched as his brother landed on one of the air bags and the criminal landed on the other. Kaden quickly ran over to his bother and helped him off. He was groaning a little in pain, but seemed fine. The criminal quickly got up and pointed his gun at the twins.
“I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!”
“SO HAVE I!” Detective Timber yelled, shooting at the man’s arm. The man grabbed his arm that started to bleed. The LAPD and the NYPD ran towards the criminal and quickly surrounded him. Caiden and Kaden sighed with relief. It was over, it was finally over. They both hugged it out for a second. Detective Timber placed both arms around the twins and gathered them in a hug. He was too relieved and in shock that they actually made it alive.

A man walked over to them and smiled. It was the twin’s father.
“Good work, boys. I’m so proud of you!” Caiden and Kaden smiled at him and ran over to hug him. Tristan Luxton didn’t let his sons go for a while. He smiled at Detective Wes Timber. “It’s so good to see you again.” Detective Tiber smiled.
“It’s good to see you too. It hasn’t been the same without you.” They both shook hands.
“Now, can we please go home?!” Kaden begged. Their father and Detective Timber shared a laugh.
“Yes, it’s time to go home now.”
“I just want to go to the hospital. I feel like I broke a few ribs.” Caiden grumbled.
“How did you do those moves, Caiden?” Detective Timber and Kaden asked. Caiden just smiled.
“Oh, you know, just something’s I’ve learned.” Their father ruffled both his twin son’s hair.
“Kaden, I thought you didn’t like your hair in that style?”
“I don’t! I look like Caiden!”
“So!” Caiden scowled at him.
“I’m Kaden, the cool twin, not Caiden, the nerdy twin!”
“If it wasn’t for me, we wouldn’t be alive!”
“Here he goes again!” Kaden grumbled. Both twins started fighting, but their father just smiled at Detective Timber.
“My sons, what am I going to do with them?” He smiled.
“It’s great to see you again.”
“Same to you.”






ONE WEEK LATER
Luckily, Caiden didn’t have any broken ribs. He smiled as he tossed the Frisbee to his father.
“Really?” Caiden asked him.
“I swear, that car looks like when I drove for the first time!” Caiden laughed. His car had been towed to his house, but it was in no shape to drive anymore. “Are you sure you don’t want another car?” Caiden smiled as he caught the flying disk.
“I’m sure. I can wait for another one.”
“So, where’s your brother?” Caiden groaned.
“Out, like always.” His father sighed.
“I know how you feel. I have a twin brother too! Do you know how annoying he was! Plus, he’s completely blocked me out of his life. But when we got older, he came through for me.”
“So when I’m an adult is when Kaden will treat me like a brother?” His father tilted his head, wondering if he said something bad.
“Um…I don’t think that’s what I meant.” Caiden just fell silent for a second. His father studied his eyes. Caiden didn’t wear glasses anymore, since the Ophthalmology diagnosed Caiden’s eyes were perfectly fine now. “He’s still your brother, your family, Caiden.”
“Sure.” Caiden snorted. A car honked and parked its car in the driveway. It was Kaden. Caiden didn’t look at him and continued playing with his father.
“Hi, Dad.” Kaden said.
“Hello, son.”
“Hi, Caiden.” He didn’t answer. For the past week, Kaden was ignoring his brother even more. Not that he hated him, but for a really good reason. “Listen, I know you’re mad at me, but I was ignoring you for a good reason.”
“So, you admit you were ignoring me!” Caiden bellowed. Kaden sighed.
“Would you hear me out?”
“No, I wouldn’t! I am tired of you thinking you’re the hotshot in this family! Grow some respect!” He caught the flying disk and threw it on the ground. Kaden sighed.
“Just listen, it was for a good reason.”
“Let me guess, another girlfriend, your 16, you’ve got your driver’s license and you’re partying?” Kaden smiled.
“Wow, that’s exactly it!” Caiden stared at his father saying, CAN YOU BELIEVE HIM?! His father cleared his throat and glared at Kaden.
“Kaden, I do believe he is your brother.” Kaden smiled.
“I know.”
“So, you should treat him with a little respect.”
“I am.” Kaden said. Caiden felt rage building up inside of him. Kaden opened up the trunk of his car and pulled out a blue box wrapped in gift wrap and a box. He tossed it to Caiden. “Happy late 16th birthday present.” Caiden blinked.
“What?”
“You heard me, it’s your present.”
“Is it something that can harm me?” Kaden chuckled.
“No.”
“Is it something that can hurt you?” Caiden said hopefully.
“Just open it.” Caiden hesitated but opened it. It was a little scrapbook. He opened it and flipped through some good old times. Caiden looked up, very confused that his brother, who was not a very sentimental person, would have made this for him. “Well, do you hate me?” Caiden fell silent for a moment, then smiled.
“No, and sorry about what I said.” He shrugged.

“I don’t mind. Now come on, I’ll take you out for a treat.” Caiden winced.
“You’re going to drive?”
“You gotta car?” Caiden fell silent. “Thought so.” Caiden looked at his father.
“If I’m not back in 20 minutes, call the cops!” His father laughed and gestured his to go on. Caiden and Kaden got in the car and drove away.

A few minutes later, Detective Timber came.
“How are you, Tristan?”
“I’m fine, Wes. And you?”
“Never better. Where are your boys?”
“Kaden’s being nice all of a sudden and driving Caiden around.”
“That’s nice.” Detective Timber said smiling. “So, you think you want to come to work today? I miss my partner by my side. Mitchel does something if I give him a dozen donuts and Mike’s just nerdy.” Tristan laughed.
“I think I will. So, what new cases have you got?” Detective Timber smiled.
“That smart boy of yours starting solving every crime in LA. We have no cases left!” Tristan tiled his head.
“Really?”
“Yeah, and he transformed his room just like a Detectives.”
“Guess it runs in the business.” Both of them went inside and were happy that Detective Luxton wasn’t dead, and that they could see each other after 8 months.


THE END



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 3 comments.


nimra shaikh said...
on Jun. 11 2013 at 3:59 pm
that is so sweet!!! thank you!!!

C.Tessa SILVER said...
on Jun. 10 2013 at 2:31 pm
C.Tessa SILVER, Los Angeles, California
9 articles 0 photos 22 comments

Favorite Quote:
Doubt whom you will, but never yourself.
Christian Nestell Bovee

2 Timothy 1:7

I can't believe what's happening. I can't find that many action stories and this has to be the best one ever.

Nimra BRONZE said...
on Oct. 3 2012 at 4:13 pm
Nimra BRONZE, New York, New York
2 articles 0 photos 25 comments
A book like never before!!!