Flicker | Teen Ink

Flicker

By Sennia.M. BRONZE, Boulder, Colorado
Sennia.M. BRONZE, Boulder, Colorado

Summary:

Brigit, a college professor in Boston, is having another bad case of writer's block. Waiting for her late train, she sees a young boy flicker into sight. He has no family and no memory. Just a name: Dustin. For the next seven years, Brigit takes care of him, trying to ignore the increasingly strange things that happen to him.
Then, Dustin’s uncle appears out of nowhere, telling Dustin the impossible truth. Dustin is a dri, part of a secret race of people who deal in magic of the mind. Not only that, but it turns out that Dustin is their long-lost prince. But not everyone is so welcoming, and it looks like someone is out to get him. Now, the same people who want Dustin have kidnapped his sister. The dri need him as their heir, and want him to escape back to the Old World with them. There’s just one problem: Dustin doesn’t want to go.
Making a promise that if he finds his sister he will be able to stay on earth, Dustin embarks on a journey that will change everything he knows. To help him is Dustin’s new human friend Jordan, a thief who was sent to live with Brigit as a foster child, and Kayonna, a dri girl with a knack for seeing the future. On his journey, or flicker, as the dri like to call it, Dustin will learn that the stakes are much larger than just rescuing a girl. Someone wants the dri’s source of power. And they want Dustin to help them get it.

Sennia.M.

Flicker

This book has 1 comment.

Boota BRONZE said...
Boota BRONZE, N/A, South Carolina

Bowties are cool!

It sounds SOOOOOOOOO good but for some reason my computer wont let me get to the next chapter :(