Magiced

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

The Start

All that I ever wanted was to be normal.
I heard all the stories from my parents that say that normal is a wide range and that normal isn’t average and so on, but from birth, I had always felt like I just wasn’t like any other kid. Being me, I was so thick-headed that I didn’t care. Mom and dad didn’t seem to notice or care at all. Why should I?

Hi. I’m Skyler White.
I’m thirteen years old. A few weeks ago, I would’ve been perfectly fine with my life. My friends would still be there, accompanying me on I was whatever dangerous path I was planning on. My parents would still be there, looking out for me and getting me out of all trouble when I got caught. But this was beyond all that. My friends, teachers, and even family members wouldn’t be able to help me now. I’m on my own.
It all started on that one day that I started obsessing over tennis. I had just finished watching the freakiest movie “Midnight Dreams” and was skimming through channels that I could watch to distract my mind from the evil pure blue eyed doll or the malevolent blood sucking vampire. I don’t know what stopped me but suddenly my hand stopped punching the channel up button on the remote. I looked closer to see what it was and realized that it was the puny neon green tennis ball bouncing back and forth, that mesmerized me. I watched it in amazement wondering if the players ever dropped it or made a mistake. That was when Selena Manaci’s racket swiped above the ball, letting it fall past her. For the next hour, I watched the US Open, cheering on the winning player as I was never one to be defeated.
Dinner that night must’ve been pretty painful as my parents watched me ramble on about how my team won, how the other team got crushed badly, and so on.
One day, my mother peeped her head into my room and asked, “Skyler, dear? Are you watching tennis again?”
“Yea.”
“Well I have very good news for you. I signed you up for a tennis sleep away camp for a few weeks because your father and I have to go on a business trip. It starts tomorrow so you should probably pack up and be prepared for the long days drive.”
My eyes grew wide. I quickly packed and prepared for the night ahead. Little did I know what I was missing something. Some thing small, something important, something that was vital to my life in the future.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Kat-Orama said...
May 31, 2012 at 10:20 pm:
i enjoy the preveiw it seems intersting enough. i still have yet to read the rest, ill get there. lol

Darbs1325 said...
May 17, 2012 at 6:21 pm:
More computer glitches....but seriously, I really enjoy reading your stories(hoping that computer will stop messing up) and hoping that I can read your whole novel. Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!!! :D